[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would you play her when Winston does everything better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 41
File: dva-gameplay.jpg (93 KB, 700x396) Image search: [Google]
dva-gameplay.jpg
93 KB, 700x396
Why would you play her when Winston does everything better?
>>
>>342472424
cause' Winston isn't a tiny Korean girl in spandex.
>>
File: 1464315457296.jpg (88 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
1464315457296.jpg
88 KB, 1191x670
>>342472424
She's cute! cuuuuute!
>>
>>342472424

Why do people pretend Winston's jump goes around corners, straight up buildings in tight spaces, and through small openings?
>>
>>342472424
>Winston does everything better

Besides eating ults no one else can with the shield.
>>
>>342472424
because I like robots
>>
What's even better are the waifushitters who think buffing her will make her viable. Not like her basic gameplay design is defective. Changing stats one way or another won't change the shit everything else, including all her abilities and the worst ult in the game.

>>342472807
>what is Reinhardt
>what is Zarya

>>342472508
She's not even proper waifufag material too
>being the degenerate who finds the Plastic Jew of Asia attractive
>>
>>342472424
If I need to go through shit in the air and be able to tank hits then I'll pick D.Va. Winston is great, unless the enemy has Mei, or Bastion.
>>
File: 1466523092192.jpg (900 KB, 1500x1191) Image search: [Google]
1466523092192.jpg
900 KB, 1500x1191
>>342472424

She's a good laugh to play because you can just shut out widowmakers and other squishies by being a highly mobile face fucking jerk if you do it right.
>>
>>342472951
>Plastic Jew of Asia attractive
Sometimes I wonder what the person behind these posts looks like
>>
File: 1465689824846.png (783 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
1465689824846.png
783 KB, 1050x1050
>>342473172
Make a wild guess.
>>
>>342472424
Winston doesn't explode
end discussion
>>
>>342474284
More reason to use Winston instead.
>lumbering with a shit damage, shit armour mech and being forced to use the most telegraphed ult in the game to pass into "mediocre" performance
>>
>>342473074
You mean like Winston does? Also much better because his jump is sanic fast and his weapon auto aims?
>>
File: 1466497051774.png (165 KB, 1280x985) Image search: [Google]
1466497051774.png
165 KB, 1280x985
>>
I don't get why you'd use any Tank character that's not Rein/Hog desu.
>>
>>342474742
Winston is great at destroying a squishy team, high mobility.
>>
>>342473172
If they're accusing Asian women of getting plastic surgery and makeup, it's a fat western woman who wears makeup and had corrective surgery on her teeth as a child.
>>
mainly because if you're not an absolute shitter you can get your mech back in 10 seconds

Her ult is also extremely useful just for the fact that you can self destruct as your mech is dying to escape and grab another mech
>>
>>342472424

Because of waifu bullshit
>>
>>342472424
I don't get why people are so bad with her, she's easy. Way more mobile than Winston too. They both have their uses.
>>
What does D.Va's E actually do. I ain't getting it
>>
>>342472424
Winston doesn't make my dick hard
>>
noob here

how does her defence matrix work?

do you have to be directly in front of them?

does it block everything?
>>
>>342475530
Absorbs any incoming projectiles in a 180 degress arc in front of you for the duration.
>>
>>342476113
It works by using Winston's barrier instead you MMR hell squatter
>>
>>342476113
Defense Matrix is a very powerful defensive ability that blocks most incoming shots and projectiles coming your way. Shooting your cannons while Defense Matrix is on will cancel it. Defense Matrix can be used at the same time with your Boosters, this allows you to fly towards really strong defenses while taking no damage. This allows you to fly right up to Bastion Sentries, Torbjorn Turrets or Widowmakers (and many others) without taking damage and you can then take those strong defenses out at close range with your Fusion Cannons.

When a match starts as an Attacker, D.va can walk out of the gates with Defense Matrix on to protect all her allies as they flood out into the battlefield. D.va works better in this case than Reinhardt because she can move quickly while using it.

Defense Matrix is also extremely useful for blocking most ultimates in the game, but most importantly:

Roadhog's Whole Hog
Solder 76's Tactical Visor
McCree's Deadeye
Reaper's Death Blossom
Pharah's Barrage
Bastion's Tank Form

Defense Matrix can also be used similar to Reinhardt's shield, as you can use it to push forward while providing cover for your teammates.
>>
The only reason I started playing Overwatch is because my friend told me there's a cute Korean girl in the game.
I don't care if she isn't the best hero, she's my favorite to play as. Like that other anon said, she's cute.

She reminds me of my Korean gf :p
>>
File: image.png (86 KB, 245x185) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86 KB, 245x185
>Not playing as Junkrat 24/7
>Not wanting Play of The Game 4 times in a row
>Not buttfucking opposing team with your perfectly placed mines and traps
>Not getting 5+ hate mail
>>
>>342476390
DELETE THIS
>>
File: nerf this.png (121 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
nerf this.png
121 KB, 960x540
>>342472424
>>
rineheart rapes both of them and streetpig
>>
>>342472424
Why would you regurgitate the opinions of other people?
>>
>>342472424
It has already been said - Winston exists. Jump is faster and accurate enough with just a bit of practice, his shield is more team oriented and versatile (although this cooldown hurts), his weapon aims itself + hits multiple targets and he doesn't turn into a snail while firing it. Ulti is also way more usefull in many more situations.

And you just can't hate the character, really.
>>
>>342477147
Because they're true
:^)
>>
>>342474742
>Roadhog
>a tank

reconsider
>>
>>342477147
Because this is consensus among high-level players.

You can't get around the fact that even a buffed D.Va is merely a Winston clone. Except Winston has a better shield and more mobility while firing, and his ultimate isn't the easiest thing to avoid.
>>
>>342476390
>hatemail
>playing on consoles
>>
because winston is fucking gorilla
>>
why would you play overwatch at all?
>>
>>342472424

Winston cannot clear and objective like she can. Even if she doesn't kill she'll still send people running.

Don't underestimate a good zoner.
>>
>>342477609

why are you in this thread at all?
>>
>>342477730
>she'll still send people running.
She'll send shitters running. Everyone else thinks "sweed free gill :DDDD" because her defense is ass.
>>
>>342477827

She sends people running with her ultimate. Probably should have specified that.
>>
She has the best survivability in the game as far as im concerned. Go hard on small targets, back out before you lose a mech. If you do just shoot from afar and get your 300 health mech back. Constantly go at least 10:1 due to just not dying for so long in matches.

Shes also great at stalling overtime, hunting snipers and can blocking a little damage. I dont think shes the best character but the "just play winston" people need to calm down.
>>
>>342478104
Just pop her mech and let her go naked. I dont care about killing her unless she is begged for it. She is a lower HP blaster only mercy in naked mode. You have more important targets to worry about. Sure she can go 10:1, but if she gets 5 mechs back she had to farm that 5 times during which she didnt help her team
>>
File: winstoncereal.jpg (100 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
winstoncereal.jpg
100 KB, 800x580
>mfw shitting on widow mains last patch

a shame there's less now, they all switched to Hanzo who is slightly better at dealing with WInston
>>
>>342478321
The mech shouldnt be a throw away. Pilot mode is good as a support dps to pair with someone else, but you should still try to play a guerrilla style mech or else theres no point picking her.

So if you keep killing off the mech and conclude shes bad, its because youre bad.
>>
>>342478686
>So if you keep killing off the mech and conclude shes bad, its because youre bad.
I think her passive does more bad that good. Which makes her weak overal.
>>
I'm apparently retarded because I can't figure out how this friend shit works. I put in the names I see during games or from the Recently Played list letter for letter and it still never lets me send requests. What's up with that? Is there something I'm missing?
>>
>>342478903
Are you on PC? You should be able to just right click any name and hit add to friends.
>>
>>342472424
Ironic really, I say that D.Va is a better version of Winston, although equally situational and often useless ults. D.Va at least can push an enemy team off a cap for a while.

The difference for me is in how much more freedom D.Va has. D.Va does much more direct damage, she can can tank more from DPS heroes like Reaper and Roadgog while dealing good DPS herself especially with headshots which Winston doesn't get. Her boost is incredible, way more versatile and easier to control compared to leap coupled with strong knockback. Defense matrix I would say is better than the bubble for two reasons, it straight up absorbs all the projectiles for the duration while you can still move and your team can still shoot, and I find the bubble cause situations where several teammates hide in a tiny shield which rapidly gets destroyed giving easy ultimate targets out in the open.

On top of this D.Va gets to bail from the mech in any direction after a short invincible delay and gets a zero recoil high ammo high rate of fire pistol which earn her another full HP mech rapidly.
>>
>>342478903
you need battlenet tag.

Also if you are in a game you can click their name and then a menu pops up which includes add as friend
>>
Winston? He deals no single target damage.
Or am I playing him wrong? I tried him a couple of times and consistently got outdueled by every single merchant.
>>
>>342472424
Winstons damage block is lasts longer but absorbs significantly less since D.va has infinite blocking in three seconds. D.va has 500 armor in comparison to Wiston's 100. Armor reduces the damage you take and 400 Armor + 100 HP is better than 100 Armor + 400 HP. Dva has an additional 150 HP upon losing her original HP and Armor. D.va has better mobility and can bump players off places. D.va's ult situationaly can clear the point either from damage or causing people to run off. Primal rage is pretty cool and but it's better for tanking and staying alive until back up arrives, but it's not point clearing unless you actively chase and kill people.

You could also just realize that both of them are fucking situational. Winston wrecks speedy characters and low hp defenders. D.va wrecks snipers with her block and mobility and soaks damage better, unless Winston's ult is involved.
>>
>>342478957
>>342478983
I'll try that next time. Thanks.
>>
>>342478321
She's actually pretty dangerous without her mech. The blaster does pretty good damage and has loads of shots and can be spammed to cover a wide area or fuck up one target like a Bastion or turret.
>>
>>342472951
The only buff she needs as far as I'm concerned is the reduction of her weapon spread. Every other tank can hold the fort and outlast then kill in 1v1 but, While D.va can hold the fort, she has to chase down to get kills.
>>
File: 1464523590202.png (196 KB, 540x335) Image search: [Google]
1464523590202.png
196 KB, 540x335
>>342474693
>One short range ark leap in one direction is better than a long constant boost in any direction that you can cancel
Im not seeing it
> weapon auto aims?
Also does pathetic damage and doesnt headshot, the auto aim isnt worth it
>>
>>342474693
>can't block shots while leaping.
>>
File: junkratultimate.jpg (1 MB, 5120x3200) Image search: [Google]
junkratultimate.jpg
1 MB, 5120x3200
>>342476390
I still have to meet a good Junkrat that's not all about MUH ULT.
>>
File: playtime.png (416 KB, 745x459) Image search: [Google]
playtime.png
416 KB, 745x459
>>342472424
Because she takes out both Snipers AND Torbjorn / turret with ease which is what the retards I get matched with seem to struggle with the most.

Also she is fun as fuck, like being a gigantic robotic pest and if you manage to destroy her mech then you have the fun activity of hacing to chase down and shoot at a tiny hitbox jumping Korean girl.
>>
>>342478967
>she can can tank more from DPS heroes like Reaper and Roadgog while dealing good DPS herself
holy shit dude those can absolutely melt DVA. Seriously as roadhog I hook DVA all the time. Her critbox is right in the middle of her model so a shotgun blast will not only do insane damage to her critbox, but any pellets missing will still hit her. With others you have to pick either head or body. But DVA just takes it all like the greedy little slut she is.
>>
>>342479421
Armour blocks 50% of pellet damage and a good D.Va counters roadhog pretty reasonably
>>
>>342479182
bastion will tear her apart in a blink of an eye. And if she pops in and out of cover he can still repair himself from the little damage she can do that way. And you must remember that as long as you are naked mode you still take up a slot in the team and you can only deal a fraction of the damage or absorb a fraction of the damage. Spending 20 seconds to get your mech back is a very selfish thing to do.
>>
>All this Winston cock suckig and D.Va ego stroking
76 is objectively the best. He's great at medium and long range, and with that sprint he can make it in and out of points quickly. He can also move around the battlefield and heal low health teammates. I've mowed down some nasty tankers using 76 before. A good soldier can change the course of a battle.
>>
>>342479421
Every encounter with a Roadhog ends with him just running away and having to heal up because his hook didn't give him a free kill, but instead maybe 1 free hit before he gets a Defensive Matrix in his face and loads of damage in return afterwards.
>>
>>342479398
your post doesnt make any sense dude, everyone who plays junkrat is bad because they use their ultimate? Genius m9
>>
>>342479403
>which is what the retards I get matched with seem to struggle with the most.
>she's only viable in MMR hell
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>342479230
>the auto aim isn't worth it

Winston doesn't need to do big damage, he still tears apart the squishy characters with no effort at all since he can just hold M1 and spaz about. D.V.A slows down to a crawl allowing the enemy to just simply get the fuck out of there or aim at her head and just out damage her. D.V.A's guns are complete trash and firing them can often get you killed considering her hitbox is so fuckhuge. Winston is excellent at disrupting enemy teams and getting the fuck out. D.V.A can only do that with her ult, other than that she is complete shit.
>>
>>342479660
hook will stun you and allow him to shotgun you in the face for insane damage. If you pop def matrix he can just wait, if you turn and run he can pop your back, if you stay there he can just wait it out and pop you. Then he can also try to run around the matrix (which im pretty sure also has a minimum range you can get close to). After that, sure you can do a lot of damage on roadhog since DVA has shotguns herself. But roadhog has upfront damage and with that first shot you wont be able to get enough time to get a lot of damage out.
>>
>>342479421
>Roadhog pulls me
>pop def
>bump him backwards
>spray him down
>roadhog runs away to go heal
>>
>>342479575
The Bastion might not be aware of the D.Va that's shooting 10 quick blasts at him because he's probably busy looking elsewhere for enemies or just doesn't care about her at all. But she can still do quite a lot of damage that will fuck him if your team pushes at the right time.
She's great at helping to take out long distance targets and in close quarters by shooting through more tanky friends.

She's not super-great at making kills but she's good for deterrence and dealing damage.
>>
>>342472424
This. Lol even Winston can still do damage with a shield deployed or during his jump. Shitva can't xd
>>
>>342479009
you need to focus on healers and snipers. you won't win 1v1 versus a Reaper for example. you can however do certain things to even your chances. for example, ducking in and otu of your shield to absorb most of their hits.
>>
>>342479912
hook stuns so long he can shoot+melee before you can pop def.
Once you have taken one shot from roadhog any agression against him just means he can kill you with his next shot
>>
File: 1455565052546.jpg (10 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
1455565052546.jpg
10 KB, 295x378
>>342480030
>xd
>>
>>342479786
You are aware that the snipers get better at high MMR too you spaz?
>>
>>342479790
>Winston leaps in
>D.va doesn't dash to put distance between them and gun him down
kek
>>
>>342479782
I'm saying that's all they are good at. Can't kill or help their team without it.
>>
>>342477365
>his ultimate isn't the easiest thing to avoid
His ultimate is indisputably worse than D.Va's on any map where he can't knock them off the side.
And even then D.Va can do that with her Boosters but Winsto's jump can't knock shit.
>>
>>342479009
Winston doesn't need to aim his gun so he's more about causing mayhem than racking up kills. Aim for the squishier characters and avoid Reaper, he'll turn you to mulch. His leap is on a very low cooldown so keep an eye on it and use it to quickly leap out once your health begins to drop.
>>
>>342479798
Well, a lot of Roadhogs are dumb enough to waste all their 4 shots on her Matrix, but assuming they aren't, she can still walk backwards to avoid her Matrix getting bypassed somehow and if she flies away, he probably won't be able to finish her

She's not gonna outlast a Roadhog in a 1v1 shootout though, that's true.
>>
>>342480121
You're bad if you honestly believe that
>>
>>342478806

How the hell is a second life with a better primary weapon and the ability to get your mech back at all "more harm than good"
>>
>>342479535
>Armour blocks 50% of pellet damage
Not exactly. Roadhog M1 pellets deal 9 damage from close range, meaning they crit for 18. This means after armor they deal 13. There are 25 pellets, meaning the max damage is 325. Add hook and melee and you're at 375. Obviously, not all pellets hit you in the face, but you'll generally take somewhere around 250 damage from the combo.

Roadhog has no problems shooting you in the face afterwards, getting you to 0 or almost 0. You'll only prevent this with defense matrix or by running away. If you start shooting at him, he'll have an even easier time shooting you in the face because you move at a snail's pace.

Roadhog kills D.Va pretty easily.
>>
>>342472424
Meh her auto-detonation doesnt kill anybody now. I tried to set it in multiple ways but everyone cover right away even if I try to surprise them. Seems like when I got play of the match with her, we all were a bunch of noobs because high level player doesnt even fall for these tricks anymore.
>>
>>342480074
1/10
>>
>>342480336
because the mech itself is shit
and so is her damage output
and the shield
and the ult

>people still think Blizzard can """""""""""save""""""""" her
KEK
>>
>>342480073
With the amount armor D.va has that is nothing Unless I'm playing nothing but shitters, Roadhog encounters tend to go my way. Reinhardt is the only Tank that can wreck me if he gets close. His dash counters min, is E goes through my defense and is melee is does ridic damage and fucks camera in the ass. Oh Zarya also wrecks me close range. Winston and Roadhogs though, I tend to win those or escape them with ease.
>>
>>342480101
>Gun him down

Have you actually played the game m8? D.V.A has the range of a t-rex's arms. If she puts distance between him she will tickle his 500 health and not be able to get through his shield.

Also I clearly said that Winston tears apart the squishier characters. A Winston who tries to 1v1 tanks without any support is going to get shit on. Also Winston's leap is on a tiny cooldown so he can just leap away from most battles.
>>
>>342480410
Yeah, it's great for getting people to run for cover, not great for kills anymore.
>>
>>342472951

Her ult can't hurt allies, it clears an objective better than rodhogg lol

The games a mess as far as "high level" play goes right now anyways, no one is using the heroes right yet.
>>
>>342477546
>Getting fanny flustered enough to send hatemail
It still happens on PC ironically just not as much. People will send friend requests just to send you a salt induced message then remove you.
>>
>>342480436

>because the mech itself is shit

Not an argument.

>and so is her damage output

In terms of raw DPS, she's only outdone by Reaper and Bastion.

>and the shield

Defense matrix is necessary for trading efficiently and blocking ults

>and the ult

"Leave or die" is fine by me.
>>
>>342478616
I love leaving leaping in preparing to expand dong and seeing them obviously panicking while I tickle them to death.
>>
File: 1465725154812.jpg (201 KB, 1280x797) Image search: [Google]
1465725154812.jpg
201 KB, 1280x797
>Already a D.va on every team
>After she's buffed every team will have at least 2

Damn gremlin
>>
>>342480265
That's ok m9, you know you can change your character mid game, right? ;)
>>
>>342480336
>pick character used to bully support/snipers
>other people pick other heroes since that role is fullfilled
>get mech killed
>whole team has to wait 30 seconds for you to grind your mech back up so you can deal with the widowmaker raping the whole team.

>>342480257
Yeah if you fight a roadhog that has no game knowledge you can beat him. But other than that the only reason to lose as roadhog is when you forget you have only 1 shot left and you pull a dva. She can easily kill you while you reload.

Other than that 90% of the DVAs I face as roadhog switch after a while because they just arent useful enough
>>
>>342480913
>Defense matrix is necessary for trading efficiently and blocking ults
Winston's barrier is more versatile and team-oriented overall, even if the cooldown rate sucks.

>Not an argument.
So having the GIANT FUCKING CRITBOX isn't an argument ok there pal see you never in mid MMR kid :^)
>>
>>342480458
>His dash counters min
Try using terrain to your advantage.

> E goes through my defense
Defense Matrix blocks fire strike.

>is melee is does ridic damage
70 dps when you take armor into account. A bit lower than D.Va's dps from up close with no headshots (84 dps), though D.Va's dps rockets up to 168 after going through Rein's 200 armor. Rein takes about 8 seconds to kill your Mech, while you take 4.17s to kill Rein with 100% accuracy (no headshots). As long as you hit roughly every other shot, you should be able to kill Rein.
>>
>>342480913
Why do people act like d'va consistently blocks ultimates? It's incredibly rare. Even more rare than genji ultimate reflects.
>>
>>342480458
shotgun+melee in the critbox easily takes down 300 armor.
>>
>>342481208

D va fucks pharah ult pretty easily, hit E and look at the missles
>>
>>342480669
The shield is nice, but even with the spread on D.va's guns she will still much through them, though not as fast as other characters. Winston's size also does not help him against D.va as much as it does smaller characters. In tight spaces D.va dashes away. In Open spaces Winston runs away.
>>
>>342481208
I've seen Zarya ult blocks, if you hit the ball with your defense matrix before it hits the ground it straight up negates it. Thats about it though.

I'm still waiting to see the day where a Hanzo ult gets deflected, Mcree ult deflects are still hilarious everytime they happen.
>>
>>342479535
I don't see how D.Va counters Roadhog at all. Her critbox is so big any decent Roadhog cam 3 shot her mech with M2 and he destoys her at close range. And once the mech is destoyed she is the easiest shit in the world to hook.
>>
>>342481437
Yeah I rarely have trouble dealing with D.va as roadhog. She's very easy to outrange with his alt fire, people under estimate how much damage it does at the correct range.
>>
>>342475818
why not?
>>
File: monkey.gif (124 KB, 80x80) Image search: [Google]
monkey.gif
124 KB, 80x80
>>342481030
>tfw don't always get kills but always force characters to panic trying to find a medpack or a healer and usually get them picked off by our Genji/Tracer/Reaper
>tfw finishing them off and then killing the healer they ran to
>>
>>342476237
Add Zarya's Ultimate to that list

Done it last night ayy
>>
>>342482395
Can also nullify Mei's ult and Hanzo's ult (if you block the arrow). Possibly Tracer's ult too? Never done that, though.
>>
>>342480458
i hope you know armour is completely useless against like 80% of the cast, roadhog included
>>
>>342482018
>>tfw don't always get kills
See here's the thing I hate when people who are bad talk about Winston, they laugh at his damage completely failing to see thats not his point. He's supposed to disrupt the enemy team. Even if that Widow gets away shes too busy dealing with hot monkey dick to be sniping your team.
>>
>>342482663
>Roadhog included
Roadhog is one of the worst against armor. Armor reduces damage per shot up to amaximum of 5. Roadhogs pellets do 4-9 damage each.
>>
>>342478321
Her pilot form is actually really dangerous.

That thing puts out a ton of damage if the d.va can aim
>>
>>342482937
still fucking grinds shit up
only heroes that struggle with armor is tracer and winston, possibly winston and d.va at longer ranges but i dont include them
d.va melts in 2 close range shots from roadhog, so i'd say he does a good job against it
>>
>>342483032
Or you can be mercy, have a similar pistol, more health and actually be helpful to teammates anon.
>>
>>342483070
>winston and winston
whoops i meant to say winston and genji, but i dont agree with this
>>
bcause she's le epic doritos gamr just like me! xD
no merci!!!
>>
>>342483032
and soldier is more dangerous. The problem is that you switch from what niche you fullfill. So in one of the forms you are basically doing work someone else should already do
>>
>>342479403
That list is like everyone's nightmare here but good on you for doing you, man
>>
File: RiokG1U.jpg (94 KB, 680x838) Image search: [Google]
RiokG1U.jpg
94 KB, 680x838
>tfw gook daughteru
>>
>>342476390
>tfw you never get POTG as Junkrat because the shit you pull doesn't fit into a 15-second clip
>>
>>342472951
>>342479204
she doesnt need anything, she is fine as is, and we dont need a tank that plays exactly like another one. they are different for a reason.
>>
>>342479403
Other heroes do that better AND are actually useful.
>>
>>342483638
Better than a lot of the garbage junkrats I've seen where they have 13-15 elims with 10 riptire kills.
>>
File: 2016_06_22_13_16_47-clp.webm (3 MB, 1360x720) Image search: [Google]
2016_06_22_13_16_47-clp.webm
3 MB, 1360x720
>>342479790
look at the enemy trying to get the fuck outta there.
>>
>>342481051
>D.Va on every team
Balanced.
>D.Va on one of the teams
Free win for the other one unless they are retarded.
>>
>>342480393
>Roadhog kills D.Va pretty easily.
nah, au contraire, a single roadhog vs a single DVA (for me) I usually win the encounter, even after being hooked by Roadhog.
>>
>>342472951
Plastic Jew of Asia?
>>
>>342483820
Is that the Junebug skin?
>>
File: 2016_06_22_14_30_22-clp.webm (2 MB, 1360x720) Image search: [Google]
2016_06_22_14_30_22-clp.webm
2 MB, 1360x720
>>342483820
look at him trying to escape

>>342484038
nope, forgot the name but its the one that makes her look like Asuka... well at least the colors
>>
>>342480458
>Roadhog encounters tend to go my way
Nigga, when I see D.Va as Roadhog, I hook her and shoot her in the face.
Literally a free kill.

Winstons ticklergun also outranges the effective range of D.Va's guns. I'm not afraid to jump on her.
>>
File: 1462639708284.jpg (410 KB, 1024x1450) Image search: [Google]
1462639708284.jpg
410 KB, 1024x1450
Because winston has one life. I can keep wrecking people as D.VA even after the mech gets destroyed. That auto pistol is amazing and you can call in another mech after like a minute of being on foot.
>>
>>342483820
I wish people actually knew how to play D.va, I played her a lot in open beta but have not played her much since launch

Story from last night
>Be grouped with a friend
>Has a few other people I don't really play with in group
>One of them is a D.va "Main"
>Spends entire game on frontline doing fuck all
>Widow on enemy team just picking people off left and right
>Say fuck it I'll do it myself and proceed to give her the expanding dong
>Widow switches after dying to me a few times

Like I honestly don't mind people playing D.va or having one on my team if there not a complete retard and actually play her how she's meant to be played.
>>
I do better with Winston.
DVA is more mobile, but Winston constantly juking, jumping, and jiving just wigs people out to a point where they have no idea what's even happening anymore.
>>
>>342476237
>>342476113
Matrix can also shoot down Loo's charge shots for some reason
>>
File: watch over dong.png (358 KB, 408x750) Image search: [Google]
watch over dong.png
358 KB, 408x750
>>342484403
>>342484523
>>
>>342484523
I constantly outlive my team mates when I fight in the front line with DVA, to the point were Im left alone trying to fight out all the enemy team by myself, while everyone is waiting to respawn.
>>
>>342483756
I dunno man you will need to give me of some examples to convince me otherwise that D.va is the best at what I described.

I have spent a lot of time playing her and my winrate on her is pretty decent so I am looking forward to any comments you have.

For the record, I find D.va a pretty easy target a lot of the time when I am vs them and they try to play like a reaper or something and those players are not really a good benchmark to use to discuss her potential.

>inb4 winston

Torb shits on him I find and he relies so much on getting the jump (heh) on snipers rather than just trumping them. Especially Hanzo
>>
ITT: Bads who have no idea how to play dva properly.

It's no wonder everyone suggests no aim and no thought required Winston.
>>
File: 1353480241784.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1353480241784.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>roadhog hooks my teammate
>I use barrier to block his lmb
>ally walks away unharmed
>>
File: 1462041887872.jpg (67 KB, 616x699) Image search: [Google]
1462041887872.jpg
67 KB, 616x699
>>342484402
>D.va push their widow
>hurr durr im in zero suit mode so wait a minute till I got enough charge to get my suit back
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (272 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
272 KB, 1920x1080
>>342485000
How do you play D.Va?

I'm only Lv25, please go easy.
>>
>>342476390
at least you're self aware.
>>
>>342485540
>play mei
>roadhog hooks me
>ice up

I feel so bad for them
>>
>>342485953
wait till a sniper or support sohws its position. Fly with shield on on top of the target and shred him.
>>
>>342485953
everyone has their own way.

For me, DVA is a single player harraser, if you are having trouble with a Widowmaker or Hanzo, you can quickly boost up to them and take them out rather easily, actually snice she has a good amount of armor, I'm able to take out almost any enemy on 1 vs 1 matches.

Always remember to use your boost to hit the enemies as well, it does a little damage and it allows you to hit them while they are knocked back,

as an Attacker, I usually try to go through the sides and boost to the objective to disrupt the enemy position, SO many times I've played against teams that have control of a chokepoint, so I boost through them and make 2 or 3 of them follow me around, thus allowing my teammates to actually enter and start caping.
>>
File: 1459917505078.png (297 KB, 300x451) Image search: [Google]
1459917505078.png
297 KB, 300x451
>>342484182
The white rabbit skin looks more like mari to me. Color wise that is.

Shame they didn't pick up the obvious red/orange palette for it.

>>342476390
>Mfw baiting reindharts all alone just so they can use their dash in hopes of crushing me
>He steps on my trap halfway through
>Drop a few grenades and finish him off with a mine

People hate junkrat because he's annoying as fuck due to his passive (I have seen a lot of people rage through the all chat just to tell me that I'm a faggot for using him lel.) and the fact that he can spam his grenades from a safe point to scatter people is just a bonus.
>>
File: ScreenShot_16-06-15_16-52-57-000.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_16-06-15_16-52-57-000.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1080
>>342485953
By being the very best like no one ever was.
>>
>>342472424
reduce her critbox

reduce her critbox

reduce her gaping wide, saggy critbox flaps
>>
>>342472424
buff her mech armour even more to reward dvas who can cover their critbox properly
>>
File: DVA.png (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DVA.png
220 KB, 1920x1080
>>342485953
Like an asshole!
>>
>>342476390

>drop a legendary junkrat yesterday
>it's the hayseed one

i like all his skins, but i fucking love the sickass jester skins with that crazy looking tire
>>
>>342488059
Have you bought your tickets yet?
>>
File: owuw2.jpg (652 KB, 2224x2644) Image search: [Google]
owuw2.jpg
652 KB, 2224x2644
ok the real questio is, how many surgeries has D.va gone through? no qt gook is clean.

what if she was a man before and that's why she is so good at videogames
>>
>>342480886
>People will send friend requests just to send you a salt induced message then remove you.
simply don't accept their fr and block them? something you can't do on console because on bnet you can't send messages to someone privately unless you're their friend
>>
>>342488494
>symmetra has a diaper
to keep her from pooing in the loo?
>>
She's like the jack-of-all-trades tank that can do situational shielding in small bursts around her, DPS if she gets close, and good mobility for getting around.

Unfortunately, being pulled in all directions makes her kind of shit because that kind of versatility isn't really needed in a team game. You just fill the different roles with people who excel at those roles instead of just being mediocre at them.

Not to mention that her critbox is fucking enormous, pretty much negating the point of all her armor and health.
>>
File: 1464631336883.jpg (96 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
1464631336883.jpg
96 KB, 640x479
>>342488494
>>
>>342488721
O fuk
>>
File: 1464845694567.png (493 KB, 1098x1104) Image search: [Google]
1464845694567.png
493 KB, 1098x1104
>>342472424
>Her defense matrix 100% nullifies Zarya, hanzo, and meis ults

>Defense matrix makes soldier, bastion, phairah, roadhog, and reapers ults almost nullified

>Fuckton of armor/mobility makes her great for taking out tracers and Winston's

>Boost tackle + melee + shot = instant surprise 85 damage

>Ult is best push positioning tool in game. Allows entire team to roll in and as long as you take out 1 turret you get an instant heal by getting the mechanic back.

>Fuckton of health + flying around (keeping head hitbox safe) + 2.5 second death animation of mechanical + new squishy life = great for contesting point for extended periods

She has tons of utility.
>>
>>342488721
Man if I could grow my own tits and have fun with them i would never need another human being, how big can they get? I want fucking D bazongas.
>>
>>342488494
This is bullshit. You know Pharah wears boxer briefs, french cut or boyshorts.
>>
>people on /v/ legitimately think dva is good

good thing i wont be playing with you ultra shitters once comp mode comes out
>>
>>342489315
I'll be playing comp mode anon.
>>
>>342489435

yeah and you will be stuck in mmr hell with the people who think bastion and hanzo are good too
>>
>>342489497
You think I care about MMR, I just want to play against better teams to improve
>>
>>342488721
Which is funny because her playstyle is basically Asuka in the Series.

Never let anybody see you fail, only ever succeed when you're 1v1 or have backup, and pull the AT field / mom empowerment out to save your life.

Slightly Smaller critbox such that reaper busting the mech takes 10-15% longer.

Tighten cone of fire.

Or just boost her mobility with lower boost cooldown and no firing speed penalty.
>>
>>342485868
>Mech dies
>Tank is "dead"
>D.VA continues to do damage and quickly builds her ult (that thing actually comes back quickly if you can aim)
>Winston dies
>Has to wait 30 seconds, walk back from spawn, and continue

I'm not going to say that she's amazing, if she was she wouldn't be on the list of people to buff, but if you're going to complain that a d.va can't rush a widow because her mech is dead then you should complain that a winston can't rush a widow because he's dead. It's the exact same thing
>>
There is no reason to play any tanks other than Zarya/Rein
>>
>>342488975
you can just take boob implants
>>
>>342490224
nah but you won't feel a thing if they're fake, I want to rub them and get a hardon
>>
>>342489834
>Mech dies in half the time as Winston and does less damage
>>
>>342490007
I had a two minute wet noodle fight with a Rein yesterday, as Zarya. Finally killed him and was kind of a dickhead about it by hitting my emote. He then focused me for the rest of the game.
>>
What if, instead of changing the damage or spread on the mech cannons, you make them "armor piercing" which ignores damage reduction from armor?
>>
>>342472424
Because she's my waifu

nothing else
>>
>>342472768
THIS

also winston can't eat ults
also winston can't force people out of position without ult
also winston can't do damage to armored targets
also winston doesn't get free extra lives
>>
More blizzard shills and underage who can't use /vg/
>>
>Hanamura attack
>boost through upper-left opening and along the flanking path
>cannons eat up every defender on the point
>enemy team scrambles to deal with me, letting the rest of my team push through the front
>take the first point in under a minute
>repeat for second point
>>
File: REEE.jpg (24 KB, 600x584) Image search: [Google]
REEE.jpg
24 KB, 600x584
>>342474742
> Not including Zarya in this list
>mfw
>>
>>342491503
If you can shoot D.va is better if not Winston.
>>
>>342474941
>Thinking Amerifat's are vain.
>South Korea: The Plastic surgery capital of the world.
http://www.techinsider.io/south-korea-is-the-plastic-surgery-capital-of-the-world-2015-9
>>
>>342479403
>D.Va
>Tracer
>Genji
>top played

People must hate you.
>>
File: 1340950849235.jpg (56 KB, 298x399) Image search: [Google]
1340950849235.jpg
56 KB, 298x399
>tfw waiting for her buff

Come on Blizzard
>>
>>342472424
>Can dash around a fuckload
>Two lives
>An ult that forces teams to get the fuck out of areas
>Can dash into multiple enemies, knocking them back and doing damage
>Never has to reload inside mech form

She's pretty great if you play her like Reinhardt. Second main right next to from the big ol hammer fucker.
>>
>>342492279
What if my top played are
>Mei
>Genji
>Reinhardt
>Mercy

In that order?
>>
>>342484182
If the reaper was smart he would've just shot you in the face 3 times and died.

You would've given him half of his ult, which alone is more valuable than DVa is.
>>
File: waifu.jpg (70 KB, 754x463) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
70 KB, 754x463
I regret literally nothing
>>
>>342492280
they should make her ult explode faster, like a big grenade. It's almost useless now
>>
>>342492563
reaper would be dead by then, also have option of defense Matrix
>>
I love playing tanks in MOBAs but i hate all the tanks in overwatch, except for reinhardt.
>>
>>342492851
It's almost like this is a team based fps and not a moba
>>
>>342472424
I'd rather play as a cute dorito gremlin than some nigger ape who's super is literally just chilling out
>>
>>342493205
*Chimping out
>>
File: 1466697782167.png (130 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
1466697782167.png
130 KB, 500x285
People who shit on D.va are retards who play her wrong.
They probably play her like Reinhardt. D.va is the weakest tank in the game so it's pointless to be a tank and take hits, she's good at taking out turrets and weak or low health enemies by dashing to them and fire at them in close range.
>>
>>342479627
He's baby's first character... he's made for people who can only manage the brain power to run and shoot
>>
>>342492639
or simply increase her damage
that's all I want
>>
File: feelin' pretty wah.jpg (35 KB, 296x285) Image search: [Google]
feelin' pretty wah.jpg
35 KB, 296x285
>gold medal for eliminations as Winston
>all because there's Hanzos and Widowmakers who never, ever want to stop playing Hanzo and Widowmaker, no matter how much I destroy their assholes
>also Genjis that think they can escape the ape
>>
File: noregrets.jpg (180 KB, 804x484) Image search: [Google]
noregrets.jpg
180 KB, 804x484
I don't enjoy playing the monkey, but I do enjoy playing DVa. That's reason enough to play her.
>>
>>342493237
>pixelated
>>
>>342493237
DELEET THIS
>>
I just started playing D.va and she seems fun but I don't know exactly what I should be doing with her. Any tips. Other than gitting gud.
>>
>>342482632
It can block Tracer's.
It's easier just to list ults she can't absorb
Genji
Widow
Junkrat
DVa
Rein
Winston
Any support
So over half the cast she can effectively stop from ulting, though most not for the entire duration (76, Torb, etc), and others only in pristine conditions (Hanzo, Zarya, etc).
>>
>>342490370
yeah but HRT barely gives you boobs. All those trannies take implants to get bigger boobies. Unless you wanna get stuck on cup A.
>>
>>342493237
nice pixels bro, gonna have to browse 420chan for the hd uncensored version
>>
>>342495135
>>342494257

jeez sorry http://erotibot-art.tumblr.com/image/146326434523
>>
>>342489834
I never said DVA cant rush a widow. In fact she is good at it. What I wanted to say is that her passive isnt that useful since zero suit DVA cannot charge a widow. If you pick DVA you are doing it to stomp down support or defence like widow. Now if winston gets wrecked he respawns in 10 seconds and can walk back. At that point he is ready to do his role again. DVA meanwhile spends a minute collecting charge by doing the same job as someone like soldier. Which you probably already have some of since you picked DVA and they think you are going to clear the backline.

In the end at best you can charge your mech in the same time winston gets back to the frontline and you got some nice damage. At worst you are busy for longer charging and it will take longer before you can resume your role
>>
>>342494045
>monkey down a widow
>picks bastion in a fury
>go Genji
>he goes McCree
>can't even stun right, so I just stay ninja
>he goes Winston
>I go Dva
>he goes bastion again
>ult on him
>he goes reaper
>can't finish me off, so I just stay meched
>he goes Rein
>hop over his charge and shoot his ass off
>he goes bastion again
>ult him again
>he goes widow
>bully him to death
>gives up and ragequits
>lose because team won't stay on payload
If only he had patience.
>>
File: 1463539542290.png (2 MB, 1200x1855) Image search: [Google]
1463539542290.png
2 MB, 1200x1855
>>342472951
>he doesn't know about defense matrix and how powerful it can get with nullifying a shitton of damage ults.

winkyface :^)
>>
File: Cj9qV8TWsAAbN2D.jpg (95 KB, 600x481) Image search: [Google]
Cj9qV8TWsAAbN2D.jpg
95 KB, 600x481
>>342494025
She needs neither of these 2 things.

What I think she needs is an alt fire. Something like soldiers 76 (cooldown included) but with the damage of a mei icicle body shot that is unable to headshot.
>>
>>342494675
Learn the maps as you will be relying on health packs.

Bully Snipers, torbs and healers. Avoid soldier 76 and Reaper.
>>
>>342496036
>>342492639
>>342494025

honestly all I care about is to reduce the cooldown for her defense matrix and make it last longer than 2 seconds

or make it possible to shoot while using it
>>
>>342496539
That would be OP though and make her a hard counter to Bastion as well.

I mean, yeah I would enjoy it, but it would be patched out in no time.
>>
>>342492405
>She's pretty great if you play her like Reinhardt
no she is not. With reinhardt you can shield off shit and force a push. With her you just get wrecked once your matrix drops.

>two lifes
human form is shit. Pick mercy if you want to shoot things with that gun
>never has to reload
but she gets slowed and she only does damage in close range, which is useless when they just run out of close range and you cant chase.
>>
File: 1422064418597.jpg (66 KB, 659x660) Image search: [Google]
1422064418597.jpg
66 KB, 659x660
>>342496928
Fuck bastion man
>>
>>342493726
You really convinced me with that argument.
>>
File: D.VA Junker.jpg (181 KB, 1234x1045) Image search: [Google]
D.VA Junker.jpg
181 KB, 1234x1045
>>342491645
Preach.
>>
>>342500697
that was my second legendary
would be 10/10 if not for the goggles
>>
>>342488935
>instant 85 damage with that combo

Can anyone confirm this? Is this with headshot or just close body shot?
>>
>>342503564
melee is 50 and melee shotgun on body im pretty sure will exceed 35 damage.
>>
>>342483638
I literally killed the entire team twice in a row after rip-tiring them and then sabotaging their spawn exits. Shit was cash.
>>
>>342488975
D cups are the average. They're barely a handful.
>>
>>342502705
You mean the haircut.
>>
>>342503718
So what's the tackle damage then? Can you get > 100 in under a second with the original combo? That would make dva a great squishy pick killer and able to obliterate tracer, Zen, genji instantly.

At the moment Winston with splash + taser takes 2.33 seconds to kill tracer and 3 for squishies
>>
>>342504629
booster is 25.

Tracer can hit E fast enough if shes good. Genji can reflect and hurt you alot if he reflects into your critbox.

But yeah zen is gonna get raped
>>
>>342505035
Damn, being able to plant 105 damage in under a second is pretty potential, especially with how faster her booster cooldown is.

Anything under bastions health is gonna get fucked by that speedy surprise combo, sound potent as fuck for picks, wonder why it isn't more common and utilized.

Couple that with her defense matrix in case the enemy had options ( healer, orb of harmony, rewind, teammate) and that makes dva a fucking bulky picker.

I'm gonna start getting good with her now so I'll be a fucking nuisance when they buff her and everyone is still player her wrong.
>>
>>342496036
>zenyatta kirby
I NEED IT
>>
>>342502705
It'd be nice if they were optional, but I kind of like the goggles.
>>
>>342483820
>seven whole seconds to kill someone with 200 hitpoints

yeah wow literally anyone could have killed her quicker, moreover you had to fly right into enemy territory to do it

enjoy getting raped right after, I'm sure it was worth the (one) kill
>>
Defense Matrix >>>>>>>>>>>> Monkey Ball
>>
>>342505686
Enough people that play her use her that way. But as OP mentioned a winston jumping on you and meleeing can do about the same.

Also defensive matrix has a long cooldown. So either you use it on your charge (and prevent yourself from getting shot to bits as you rush straight at a team) and you have to wait 10 seconds after the kill before you can tank just about anything. Or you have 10 hp left over and pray you can def matrix some crazy ult before someone shoots you in the side.

Also bumping, meleeing and then immediately getting a good shot is pretty tricky. Sometimes your booster runs just short. Or you hit someone with the side of your body and they get bumped to your side. And once they get out of your short range they are home free. You either start running after them doing nothing. Or you start shooting, tickling them, while they outrun you. The slowdown on shooting really sucks dick for any chasing at all.
>>
Winston and D.Va are very different though..
What makes D.Va worse is that she slows down too much when she shoots, and has a big ass crit area.
>>
>>342493726
Actually aiming is seen as an advanced skill in Overwatch so he is more medium to hard difficulty as heroes go.

That 76 brawl mode showed us most people find him difficult to use.
>>
>>342503564
>>342503718
Melee is 30. Boosters is 25. Single body shot with all pellets hitting is 24.

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/D.Va
http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Melee
>>
File: 1399932182492.gif (828 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1399932182492.gif
828 KB, 200x189
>>342507202
>Actually aiming is seen as an advanced skill in Overwatch

Are you joking or is that really how casualized this game is?
>>
>>342507856
Dva combo:
>80 in under a second
>48 damage per second with body shots from cannons

Winston:
>65 damage in under a second with jump combo
>52 damage per second with tesla gun

Interesting. Still with the crit hitbox and slow when shooting dva comes out worse at everything but blocking ults.
>>
>>342508515
Unlike most things keeping the reticle on a target for the full 25 bullet burst actually requires practice
>>
Winston doesn't do nearly as much damage, can't mitigate phara ults, isn't as mobile, and has less survivability.
>>
>>342508515
Its not like CS where the kill time is fast enough to drop someone in 3-4 rounds, 76's need to be able track and keep trained on all targets to be great, including Tracer.
>>
>>342507856
Booster sends the enemy flying away from you thereby making the combo useless.
>>
>>342510094
Boosters+Melee is easy (and actually makes the enemy fly further). You can add the shot only if you make the enemy hit a wall.
>>
>>342509275
it is obvious from your post you hardly play winston, because he is much more mobile of a hero, and with mobility comes survivability.
people forget jump is on a 6 second cd, which is ridiculously low.
>>
D.VA is fucking garbage, a soldier 76 can win against her in a duel.
>>
Anyone want to play on xbone?

I got the most eliminations 3 games in a row as Winston earlier
>>
>>342509853
a tracer not hitting her full volley is useless. Usually she can only do one or two bursts. If she doesnt get at least 50% accuracy she wont kill a thing
>>
>>342513486
Yep, shes a similar case where she needs to be good at staying on target.
>>
>>342474941
but asian women do get surgery all the time.
it's a well known fact
>>
>>342472424
>"le monkey man is d.va except better!"
>scrublords are still parroting this retarded meme

Learn to play those heroes before talking shit.
>>
>>342515772
You first.
>>
>>342476237
>>342476237
thanks Blizzardman
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.