[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come enemies in video games taunt you even if you continue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 1280x720
How come enemies in video games taunt you even if you continue to kill their comrades?
>>
Coping mechanism.
>>
>>342454010
Because they don't understand that you're the main character and that you can never lose so they think that even if you gun down a few, you'll eventually go down
>>
>>342454129
...that's pretty deep
>>
>>342454010
They wouldn't be fighting you if they didn't think they could win
>>
>>342454010

so you don't forgot that they're bad and you're good despite them having no chance
>>
>>342454010
Because of incompetent developers and bad game design
>>
Why is one bullet enough to kill 99.9% of enemies, but I can take close to a dozen before dropping? Why am I never placed in situations where being outnumbered is a death sentence, rather than a casual challenge? The only game where I felt hideously outmatched simply die to enemy numbers was Armored Core: FA, and only during one mission.
>>
What's a game that has good mechanics for enemy morale and retreating when you're wrecking face?

Hardmode: No strategy games or RPGs
>>
>>342454010
having silent enemies would be ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY and normies would throw up their hands in frustration
>>
>>342455972
Your retarded
>>
>>342456368

This is why more games need to emulate the Master difficulty from Stalker. Everything kills you in like three shots, but you also kill everything (humanoids, at least) in about the same amount of of ammunition.
>>
>>342456374
JA 2 v1.13.

>It's a tactics game so there.

Making deidranna's goons flee is fun.
>only to have the shell shocked survivors get cleaned up by mobile militia patrols

Supression is so gud in this game.
>>
>>342456769
>not destroying muties in a few shots with HP rounds.

Bad stalker! BAD!
>>
>>342454010
Goddamn i forgot how good RDR still looks
>>
File: 1465411533769.gif (1 MB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1465411533769.gif
1 MB, 1000x750
>>342456653
>>
>>342456374
Combat Mission series. Nothing like putting suppressing fire on a Soviet position in a treeline, moving men in to clear them out, watching them flee for their lives across an open field and get cut down by an MG-42
>>
>>342457098
>tfw it's the only game I want a next gen and PC remaster of
It saddens me that rockstar still hasn't announced a sequel nor any new games for the past 3 years.
>>
>>342457098
It still holds up. It could come out in 2016 and pass as a great looking game. I just want it to be released to current-gen and PC.
>>
>>342457230
I'm generally against next-gen "remasters" but I'd buy the shit out of RDR on PS4
>>
>>342456547
>you go to clear out yet another mine filled with bandits
>halfway through the slaughter they realize they underestimated you
>they all start hiding and creeping around, timing a perfect ambush after baiting you into a trap
>they want to live

When will games actually use good A.I.?

I want my A.I. to be so smart that the characters figure out they're in a videogame and taunt my fat ass.
>>
I YIELD I YIELD
>>
Never should have come here.

I yield! No more!

Never should have come here.
>>
>>342458754
like the sight of your own blood?
>>
>>342454010
pc version when?
>>
>>342458754
Lol i came here to post this
>>
When you get to the endgame of Ace Combat games enemies on the radio are terrified that you've joined the battle.
>>
>>342458754
>not never should of come here

You like that?

Had enough?

You like that. You like that. Had enough.
>>
>>342457317
>dead rising 1
>red dead redemption
Why must all my favorite games be doomed to die on console?
>>
>>342458754
>tfw no mod to capture and fuck female bandits after they yield in skyrim
>tfw no mod to capture and fuck female raiders after they yield in fallout 4
>>
>>342459959
But there's lots of Skyrim mods like that.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.