[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ what class you rolling when Legion hits? Looking at Rogue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
So /v/ what class you rolling when Legion hits?

Looking at Rogue atm also thinking about Druid.

Tell me your rerolls.
>>
Death Knight for sure
>>
>>342390104
Warlock. No clue what race yet though. Would've gone Dwarf if it weren't for the fact that my guild of friends is going Horde. Honestly most of us didn't even care what faction to play, but two of them just HAD to be Horde because "the Alliance is filled with jerks!". As if the Horde doesn't have it's own fair share of retards and assholes too...
>>
still paying my mage after 12 years.

kill me.
>>
>>342390584
How are Warlocks for PvP? They seem very squishy to me. But with the new class overhaul maybe they will play completely different.
>>
Deathknight most likely, if I dont like it I'll go shadowpriest
>>
File: taste.jpg (100 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
taste.jpg
100 KB, 960x720
>>342390104
Feral, Enhancement, and Frost DK
>>
>>342390967
Wish I could answer that, but I'm a PvE shitter. Most PvP I ever did was incidental World PvP and the occasional BG in Vanilla.
>>
>>342391071
Got a DK as my main. They are fun, but tend to be hated in raids for some reason.
>>
DK for sure.
>RP as a DK on Moonguard (shut up)
>Yes it sucks he has to cause pain to survive, but he view it the same way a hunter has to kill an animal to feed his family, and has a generally positive outlook on life
>People constantly try to make him turn into an edgy fuck or assume he's emo as hell, even a fucking paladin who mainly follows the virtue of compassion attempted to attack him once because "He's not whining about muh condition, therefore he's gone mad!"
>OOCly hated with a passion because people can't understand it's possible for someone to move on from traumatizing events and get on with their life

>>342390584
Oh fuck, the Horde has some damn weirdos if you look for them. I remember being in a goblin alchemist company on WrA, and at first it seemed fine, but then I discovered that the GM's character was in an incestual relationship with his cousin and mother, the cousin was fucking evil (and OOCly couldn't figure out that doing bad shit had consequences, she was generally whiny as fuck) and even went as far as having a statue of my femgob shadow priest naked and pregnant. I eventually left the guild cause it was fucking weird and got into stalker levels of obsession with my character.

The name of the guild was Alchemical Wonderporium, and the guy's name was Blastowitz if you ever wanna go down the rabbit hole.
>>
>>342391868
>Moonguard
Oh shit.

>Get convinced by friends to use my Legion boost on a Moonguard alt
>Boost a female Worgen druid
>They flip out
>Think that it won't be *THAT* bad
>IT'S THAT BAD
>>
>>342390104
My prof warrior I've been playing for years, love the speech and I love the new animations and sound effects we get after trying out the PTR. Will try out a demon hunter tank during the pre-patch since I get early access, if I like him more I will probably main a demon hunter tank.
>>
>>342391868
I dunno man, I feel like RP servers are a separate entity when it comes to the playerbase. My friends are going on a PvE server anyhow.
>>
keeping my main from 2007 Undead Warlock
>>
>>342390104
Get out blizzshill.
>>
>>342390104
Outlaw rogue, without question.
>>
>>342392418
>tfw caught
>>
>>342390957
Press 2 to fireball.
>>
>>342390584
Played Alliance in vanilla, then played horde in BC and Wrath, later switched to Alliance to play with friends in cata and then switched back to horde again when they quit, now one of my friends have come back and I faction changed my warrior main to play with him. There's jerks on both sides, I haven't noticed if alliance is worse than horde, probably not.
>>
>>342392147
I remember having a Worgen Resto Druid, he was really interested in Nelf culture and joined a "township" near Gilneas as a doctor of sorts. Sadly the guild fell apart due to the GM's gf being a horrible power abuser. Seriousy she made it a rule no one was allowed to use skype because "I don't like it". Why is it so hard to find decent RP guilds nowadays?

>>342392249
They really are, sadly it seems RP is fading away slowly due to people being assholes/weird/uninterested. I might resub again due to my PC getting fucked up, and I didn't have cash at the time to fix it.
>>
Enhancement shaman

I'll still work with my hunter main but I don't know which spec to go with since they're all a mixed bag
>>
I've been fucking around on the PTR for a bit. So far, I've concluded:

>melee is objectively more fun than ranged this expansion
>warrior is fucking GOAT
>death knights and paladins are kinda meh
>enhance shaman feels amazing
>rogues are alright, still slow as fuck though

The new animations were sorely needed. Playing ranged feels so fucking lame now. Shaman's new lightning bolt animation is the only good one. MM hunter sucks even more than in WoD now.
>>
File: 1411836523748.jpg (105 KB, 500x559) Image search: [Google]
1411836523748.jpg
105 KB, 500x559
>>342392889
>Maining hunter
>>
File: 1464241550092.png (116 KB, 320x374) Image search: [Google]
1464241550092.png
116 KB, 320x374
>>342393205
>>
>>342392724
Exactly my point. Unfortunately two of my friends have this idea in their heads that the Alliance is somehow worse. Probably because last time we all played on a PvP server and they kept getting their ass handed by other players, and the fact that they're a tad "4 da Horde! XD". Truth is though, it doesn't fucking matter what faction we play, because there's 18 of us. We'll barely have to deal with pubs to begin with!

I haven't really played Alliance since Vanilla. There was a brief return in WoD but that didn't last. Starting to miss playing Dwarf/Gnome/Dranei/Nelf...
>>
>>342390104
So can I play on the PTR if I dont have legion or game time? And for how long can I?
>>
File: 1466260409703s.jpg (7 KB, 237x250) Image search: [Google]
1466260409703s.jpg
7 KB, 237x250
>>342392904
OP here, fuck it might as well play Shaman. I played around with it in PTR and enhance looks pretty cool, however I noticed the lack of abilities. Still need to find out how they hold out in PvP.
>>
>>342393721
You can play on the PTR without Legion or game time, however you won't be able to access legion aspects of the 7.0 prepatch.
>>
>>342393874
They had enough abilities from what I gathered, compared to other melee at least. I'd check again but world server is down.

Now ret paladins, hooey. Like four fuckin abilities and that's it, now that was boring.
>>
>>342394010
>however you won't be able to access legion aspects of the 7.0 prepatch

What does that mean? I wont be able to play any legion content on the PTR?
>>
People actually play WoW here?

Jesus Christ. I stopped right after WOTLK. Could never get back, not even private server shits.
>>
Demon Hunter, because I like tanking and maybe something new will keep the game fresh it won't
>>
>>342394041
Ret pally was my first class I leveled, but for some reason I just hate the class now and rolled a DK.
>>
>>342390104
I've stuck with Shaman for like 12 years, and I'm going to stick with my Shaman if I decide to play.

Enhancement and Resto have always been my favorite specs, and I just tested the PTR and they feel fantastic mechanic wise.

I enjoy keeping up several brands and Wellspring on Resto is just fucking sexy.
>>
>>342394163
the fuck else are we going to play? There is no other choice for MMOs since nost went down. And don't you dare fucking say FFXIV.
>>
>>342394135
You wont be able to access the Broken Isles. But you will be able to experience the class changes.
>>
File: 1431455037324.jpg (81 KB, 694x642) Image search: [Google]
1431455037324.jpg
81 KB, 694x642
Warlock as usual. For the beta players: what are the most fun specs?
>>
>>342394041
Ret feels so slow now

I like that it's a little more deliberate but the old whack a mole style was more entertaining

I wonder why they don't want artifacts on the PTR, almost all of them add some ability
>>
>>342394163
The only reason I'm coming back is because I'll be playing with a guild composed entirely of friends I know outside the game. It's the only reason I kept playing after Wrath. Tried a guild by myself during WoD, never again.
>>
File: 1376010321916.jpg (10 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1376010321916.jpg
10 KB, 256x256
>Legion is $50 fucking dollars

Why
>>
>>342394340
Blood DK is pretty cool right now IMO. Didn't dig unholy or frost as much though, seemed pretty spammy/mindless. I'm sure that'll change once I do more than fuck around with the training dummy though.
>>
These fucking shill threads are so obvious holy fuck.

Either go to /vg/ or fuck off.
>>
File: 1349048819631407.png (21 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1349048819631407.png
21 KB, 640x560
every time I've played the PTR of an expansion I've had hard time deciding what to roll, everyone has had some cool shit and have gone forward so I want to play them all

but with legion, this is the first time I don't feel like playing any of them. I'm just not feeling it at all, the ability pruning 2.0 is so retarded and every spec feels exactly the same. What's the point of even having warriors at this point? Fury has ONE rage spender, ONE

I don't know man. Might be the end of my warcraft career
>>
>>342394487
Ah, seems kinda pointless then for such a huge download. I'm planning to get Legion just for a few more weeks at least.
>>
>>342390104

Was druid heal in cata, maining a shaman heal now lol
>>
Death Knight, specifically Unholy. Other than that I'll be rolling either Outlaw Rogue or Enhance Shammy for 2nd in line. Been a Warrior since wrath and can't stand the idea of playing a Warrior with no utility.... Fuck that mess.
>>
File: 1466489979150.jpg (58 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
1466489979150.jpg
58 KB, 648x648
>>342394445
>tfw playing XIV right now while waiting for something new to happen in WoW
>combat is so slow and shitty
>already burnt out on gw2, wildstar, b&s, poe, tos, bd, etc etc

kill me my man
>>
>>342394774
*not for a few more weeks
>>
>>342394621
Because it's shitloads of content that they've worked on for years, why do you ask such stupid questions
>>
Problem with playing DK is that they're a lore-heavy class, but have no lore outside of WOTLK and brief bits of leveling cata. It seems stupid that they're even there in later expansions. I am not an RPer, but I would like to feel like my character has a place in the world. Paladins are by far the best, they have a place in every lore's expansion, and important characters that appear constantly.
>>
>>342394917
>Because it's shitloads of content

Where can I find proof of this?
>>
rogue is probably the worst class in the ptr
>>
>>342392185
Speech?
>>
Enhance shaman is #1 this expansion, at least until we get to see demon hunters.

>ultra short GCD
>cool new animations
>plenty of abilities
>cool talents
>actually use all four elements
>gets an actual resource bar this time
>>
>>342394917
>copy d3
>shitloads of content they worked
sure shill
i guess we payed extra for wod because we needed to pay for the extra tissues the developers used while fapping since they didn't do jack shit
>>
>>342390104
Skimming through the class changes for you right now and it's not looking good desu. Key fuckups seem like Shadow Dance no longer being a DPS cooldown and Outlaw having literally fucking nothing besides combo point builders and finishers.

Rogues have been on suicide watch since MoP, just reroll OP.
>>
>>342390104
>I'm thinking about a rogue or a rogue-lite that can also heal and tank

Wow OP, don't get too carried away you crazy diamond.
>>
>Leveled up like a month before WoD in preparation for it.
>Never played it due to bad press and lack of time.
>Bought WoD for $12 bucks like a few months ago
>Picked up WoW again after 2 years of not playing.
>Chinese players EVERYWHERE
>Only died once due to falling off a cliff
>Killing everything quickly
>Leveled up like twice in a short period of time.

Jesus fuck, the game feels much easier, or did Warlocks get a gigantic fucking boost?
>>
File: 1464451655142.jpg (32 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1464451655142.jpg
32 KB, 240x320
>Replying to blatant viral marketing shills

Just look at how far you've fallen /v/.
>>
File: 1457220678644.jpg (74 KB, 632x601) Image search: [Google]
1457220678644.jpg
74 KB, 632x601
>>342390104
>2016
>still playing WoW
>>
I'd love to play Fury but fear that the playerbase will be like 80% melee
So I'll play WL or resto druid
>>
>>342395573
>people talk about videogames
>s-shill!
You're fucking pathetic
>>
>>342394876
play a different genre
>resub for a month
>now i need to do X things daily
>and X things weekly
>on X number of chars
>then i must spend X hours trying to find groups who leader isn't a retard or the group isn't full of people who stand in fire
last time i resubed i was lucky if i even got time to do mount runs and hfc on any difficulty
>>
>LEVEL 100 CHARACTER BOOST INSTANTLY
Gosh it sure would be a shame for people to actually play the game and having levels actually reflect in-game experience.
>>
DK, Druid, and the maybe a DH
>>
When did DK become the most popular class?
>>
for the first time i think i might truly be done

i wouldn't mind leveling a demon hunter and seeing the new zones but i'm not going to pay for it and i have absolutely no interested in wow's pve or pvp anymore

not to mention various stupid design decisions such as diablo legendaries (like really, what the fuck lmao).
>>
>>342395892
Somewhere between wrath and legion unholy being one of the more interesting specs
>>
>>342395697
You can talk about your festering corpse of an MMO over here.
>>>/vg/
>>
>>342395892
patch 3.0.2
>>
>>342390104
nothing
for some reason it looks really fucking boring, even though there are a lot of interesting improvements
also the fact that they didn't do a stat squish and people actually having 2mil health kinda looks bad
>>
>>342395892
Best solo class and with Timeless Isle/Tanaan Jungle style zones, that's very valuable.
>>
>>342395892
>>
>>342396057
Unholy is such ass now. I feel like I'm 24/7 runestarving and my ghoul just keeps on fucking dying to every single aoe in the fucking game.
>>
>>342395796
>Some chink leaks data from a future client that shows paid level boosts
>Blizzard forums explode with fanboys denying that it's real
>"Blizzard would never be that greedy"
>"This game still has a subscription why would they sell level boosts?"
>"Obviously fake, that would be p2w"
>It gets confirmed, Blizzard fanboys move the goal post
>"Leveling is boring anyway"
>"Its not p2w, the real game starts with raiding"
>"they made it expensive to dissuade people from buying it!" (this one was my favorite)

The shit that Blizzard gets away with is fucking hilarious. They're constantly pushing their cock further and further up the ass of their fanbase little by little. Seeing how far they can go.
>>
>>342396308
>>342395796
Leveling process matters fuckall at this point. Retards have always been there whether or not they did the leveling manually.

And I seriously doubt many people actually just instant boost their first character.
>>
>>342396308
>>342395796
What's wrong with a free 100 boost?
>>
File: dick pic.jpg (23 KB, 277x317) Image search: [Google]
dick pic.jpg
23 KB, 277x317
>>342396308
>post yfw people bought the rainbow horse and started the process to slowly kill the genre
>>
File: fixingWoW.webm (3 MB, 1400x1072) Image search: [Google]
fixingWoW.webm
3 MB, 1400x1072
>>342392719
>"We feel that fireball isnt what wanted when creating a fire mage atmosphere, so we made the difficult decision of pruning it as part of game wide changes. Pyroblast has also been removed."
>>
>>342396663
More like paved way for wow token's existence, which is good.
>>
>>342390104
So do WoW expansions not include a free month? I got a free month from the wow movie and I'd rather not pay 75usd for a month of legion
>>
File: 1461387730058.gif (1 MB, 360x180) Image search: [Google]
1461387730058.gif
1 MB, 360x180
What do you guys think they're going to do for new races and hero classes for upcoming expansions? Before you list off a ton of races that won't happen, remember, Blizzard are lazy as fuck, so only bi-pedal races and races that can easily fit in the skinned armor and weapons without any large adjustments.

For classes I feel like Voss's little Mary Sue story hints at her hero class Lightslayer as something to combat the Void once we get to that part of the game, like how they strongly hinted at Demon Hunters as our future class from Cataclysm in the secret Demon Hunter quest on Alliance Only Side. First it's going to finish up the Old Gods then the Void who are the leaders of the Old Gods
>>
>>342396605
>>342396608
You learn how to play the fucking game leveling up. You learn the ins and outs of your class. You learn about game mechanics, and dungeons/bosses.

Now you will have a bunch of brain dead fucking retards who have never played a video game before joining your raid group. Enjoy that.
>>
I recently switched servers and I'm starting over because different timezone

how's legion warrior, specifically arms and fury? I'm playing fury right now and it seems cuhrazy
>>
>>342396663
after 20 years people are still bitching about a mount.
>>
>>342397006
That's what the level 100 boost is for
Instead of eliminating their profits they eliminate the gameplay and just give you the levels
>>
>>342397136
Getting absolutely smashed in PvP by them.
>>
>>342397108
You don't have a full rotation till 80 in most cases. Many classes stop using skills gained at lower levels entirely. What you play at max level is nothing like you play during leveling.
>>
>>342397069

>inb4 another melee leather class
>>
Sticking to my fury warrior. It's been a lot of fun after character copy on the ptr worked.
>>
>>342394539
>For the beta players: what are the most fun specs?

I'm not in beta, but i've been dabbling on the PTR on a lot of specs.

Right now my top are
>Survival Hunter
>Frost DK
>Guardian Druid
>Shadow Priest
>Fury Warrior

No particular order, but they all seem to be pretty strong candidates for good damage output and simple but active rotations that are fun to play.

As for what i don't like
>Blood DK. as a blood DK main we got FUCKED by the changes they made. No MS means no RP generation which means huge gaps where you're waiting 10s for runes to come up. Plus Death Strike changes making it cost effectively 3 runes instead of 2

>MM Hunter feels exactly the same as it does now, with the only difference being some new talent viability and the name of some spells are changed. Lone Wolf is now also a level 15 talent instead of 100 so you can level with it, although IMO it should have stayed a baseline passive for the spec because "muh class fantasy", and dedicate Survival as the "you and pets are friends" spec.

>Outlaw Rogue feels exactly like Combat does now, only we get some neat ranged abilities with Pistol Shot + a pistol based finishing move that stuns targets for a few seconds and does decent damage. If you liked Combat before it's going to feel pretty good, otherwise it's best to avoid the spec.

Those are pretty much the only classes i've gotten a good chance at playing on the PTR. Planning on giving Sub Rogue a good testing later today and some Prot/Ret testing as well.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_061508_214006.jpg (178 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_061508_214006.jpg
178 KB, 1024x768
I've played Warlock since late BC through WotLK and Cata, then for the first season of both MoP and WoD.
I'll check Legion out but probably won't dedicate much time to it since I have over 1.5 years of /played.
Thank you past me for making all those accidental screenshots.
>>
>>342397069
I really want them to add ogres for Horde

I already spend 50% of the time in red ogre costume but I want more
>>
>>342397108
Nigga for most of the leveling process you run with one or two key abilities.

>Now you will have a bunch of brain dead fucking retards who have never played a video game before joining your raid group. Enjoy that.
Just like before the boosts. They've always been present. People who click, people who keyboardturn, people who can't get out of hurt thingy, people who do fuckall dps or are awful tanks. Always there.
>>
>>342396858
Best and most accurate filename ever
>>
Are there any voice morphers that are actually believable and dont sound robotic? I want to play this expansion as a gamer girl.
>>
>>342397563
thanks for the info.

Ill try the PTR myself.
>>
File: 1461870939813.gif (730 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
1461870939813.gif
730 KB, 245x206
>>342397474
Please no.

There are a lot of possible Hero Classes from the Warcraft DnD books. They do update them every few years. Some people disagree with this but a strong contender would be the Warden(Alliance)/Shadow Hunter(Horde) Hero Class; each have similar abilities in stealth, similar to a Rogue, they could easily combine the two so it's a "overall" Hero Class

I don't think we'll ever get race or faction specific classes ever again.
>>
>>342397069

I stand by my hopes that one day they add Ogres being a Horde race.

Someone who rivals Tauren as being the race that has trouble entering buildings and holding fuckhuge weapons.
>>
How are rotations now? Still designed for retards to mash or has there been a return to JOHN FUCKING MADDEN and affliction rotations of old?
>>
>>342397108
>You learn how to play the fucking game leveling up

No, PvE content is the easiest it's ever been, you can play half asleep and never be in any real trouble

It's even worse in dungeons where everyone has heirlooms and two shots every elite mob, you really will not learn anything
>>
>>342397809
They've never been complex.
>>
I'll probably fuck around with Demon Hunter, maybe fall back to my old Druid. Mostly played monk since it released, but I got burned out by them not knowing what the fuck they wanted to do with WW.
>>
File: s8hEyee.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
s8hEyee.jpg
440 KB, 1920x1080
>>342390104
DK.
>>
>>342397647
>default UI
>cyrillic
ew
>>
Can't decide between Mage Rogue DK OR Demon Hunter. The headstart was a mistake in my opinion. So many people will main DH.
>>
>>342397930
>four horsemen
>darion + 3 literal whos
>>
>>342397930
>Those keybinds
???
>>
>>342395892
>blood has been PvE invincible in the hands of non-retarded players since Wrath
>Frost is indestructible in PvP and can rape face with no real skill needed.
>Unholy is a braindead PvE spec that gives stupid high DPS if you feed it enough gear

DK has been popular since the launch of Wrath, but once they started culling the spec back in line with the rest of the class people just abandoned it because they thought it was ruined. A lot of "good" players started seeing just how much pontetial the class had, and started showing off in PvE/PvP (soloing content, 1v3 ganks/arena matches, etc...) which caused more people to pick up DK again.
>>
File: 1465422140413.png (553 KB, 750x410) Image search: [Google]
1465422140413.png
553 KB, 750x410
>>342397786
Out of all the retarded choices people have wanted (Centuars and Nagas) they're the least retarded but remember, they need to appeal to Normalfags and Casuals and lets be real, Ogres as a whole aren't a pretty race. They'd have to go through large re-construction to appeal to girl gamers and other people; similar to the female Worgan overhall (look up what female worgens look like before they turned them into Furry bait)
>>
>>342397930

I really can't fathom how they could have thought removing rune types was a good idea.
>>
>>342397693
>>342397869
I will give you guys that. The game is really dumbed down. But still, leveling is the core process of an MMO. And selling max level boosts in a game with a fucking subscription fee is ridiculous.
>>
>Blizz makes Demon Hunter
>Blizz kills WW monk
>Monk trainer says: "I always wanted to be a Demon Hunter."

Why you gotta fuck me up the ass, blizz? Playing beatmania was fun, fuck you for taking it away. I don't want to be a blind vegetable peeler.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_020709_175824.jpg (749 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_020709_175824.jpg
749 KB, 1920x1200
>>342398020
They are absolutely fine though
>>342397943
It was 2008 dude. This, however, was 2009, when I discovered interface mods (spoilered for gore)
>>
>>342398142
Horde was never intended to be pretty

In fact they made female trolls even uglier with WoD
>>
>>342397872
Managing five dots of different lengths with maximum uptime while fitting in as many shadowbolts as possible, reacting to nighfall procs and managing mana isnt complex? That shit was damn fun.

I quit playing when the pre-ulduar mutual exclusion of UA and immolate coincided with my guild disbanding due to lack of recruitment pool.
>>
>>342398159
Having seperate rune types in the first place was never a good idea, even with death rune procs.
>>
>>342398293
You're right but they still got a overhaul and big fluttery eyelashes (I just recently made a female troll warrior and noticed this)
>>
>>342398014
>nazgrim
>whitemane
>thoras
>literal whos

I bet you like the wow movie.
>>
>>342398014
> literally whos
You don't recognize Tirion Fordring anon?
>>
File: 468165g78454h4885.png (203 KB, 552x414) Image search: [Google]
468165g78454h4885.png
203 KB, 552x414
>>342395159
serious question?
>http://www.wowhead.com/legion
serious answer
>>
File: HUH.jpg (79 KB, 453x634) Image search: [Google]
HUH.jpg
79 KB, 453x634
>>342398142

Oh don't worry, got that covered. Female Ogres would be possible, but they'd be fatties.

And if I know anything about catering to this current generation, you have to be inclusive for normiebucks.

As for RP, pretty sure the only reason you'd see Ogre females in that situation is for those into DEATH BY SNU SNU.
>>
>>342398047
What's the best DK PvE DPS Class? Everyones telling me its Frost 1h-DW
>>
>>342398291
You picked the worst UI mods and threw them up in a mess.

I pity the fool who didnt perfect custom pitbull and hotbar layouts to maximize screenspace.
>>
Are Monks over? I never played one and like tanking. I can't play DPS only classes because I hate the wait for dungeon queue.
>>
>>342390104
Faction changing my warlock back to horde and back to undead.

then probably reroll my shaman back to horde as well.
thats about it.
>>
>>342398291
>necrosis
That takes me back. That stupid soul shard sound.
>>
>>342398473
tirion is not there, you're never able to rezz him because the light fuck you
>>
>>342398409
who gives a shit about whitemane

I guess thoras and nazgrim is pretty cool

>>342398473
I wish

I really do
>>
File: 1462322512255.jpg (120 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1462322512255.jpg
120 KB, 400x400
>Ever wanting to play a druid

These faggots have four specs and all of them are boring.
>>
>>342395359
>copy d3
>shitloads of content they worked

Well yea, considering how it is THEIR game, and most of the Diablo 3 team moved to WoW.

I'd say yea, it is the same content THEY worked on.
>>
>>342398159
because they became pointless when proper DK play became "burn all regular runes and roll all death runes"

They add class fantasy for sure, but at best they "hamper" proper play merely by existing. The real crime for DKs is the changes to Blood Tap, where now it's just a hard 2 charges on a (iirc) minute timer, and no longer gains charges from RP spent. It absolutely destroys the spec by removing the only way to regenerate runes that isn't a CD.
>>
>>342398514
In Legion? Definitely Unholy at the moment on beta. All Will Serve and Dark Arbiter hits like a truck.
>>
>>342390104
imagine actually being excited for retail WoW
>>
STOP SHILLING AND FUCK OFF

GO TO /VG/ IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS YOUR TRASH GAME
>>
I gotta ask. I quit WoW because of the whole "People expecting tanks to top meters" bullshit. I have played a Tank since vanilla. I enjoy focusing on mitigating the damage I take, positioning, etc. Not DPS'ing. I literally uninstalled the game because people were bitching that I wasnt doing enough damage as a tank.

Is that still a thing or no?
>>
>>342398802
>not allowed to discuss video games
>on /v/
>>
>>342398509
The other problem is, is playable Ogres would have to be smaller then their larger counterparts. People forget but you know how annoying and aggravating it is to do quest or simply surf the AH when you have people with the Giants Potions with a Taruen, Gnome, Draenei on a mount and you can't fucking click anything?

Also, almost NO ONE plays Female Dwarfs and they were the fat female race since Vanilla and are the least played race/sex combo SINCE THE RELEASE. Fun fact least played combo is Dwarf Female Rogue, Mage, and Warlock going for least to greatest in rarest race/class combo for both factions.
>>
>most of the /v/ thread plays DK
makes sense

me too
>>
File: 1465266728907.jpg (27 KB, 409x325) Image search: [Google]
1465266728907.jpg
27 KB, 409x325
>>342398802
nice b8 m8
>>
File: 1397858993994.jpg (52 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1397858993994.jpg
52 KB, 640x640
So, did they actually design things such that melee finally aren't massively disadvantaged when it comes to raid comps?
>>
File: 1464702098450.jpg (48 KB, 268x256) Image search: [Google]
1464702098450.jpg
48 KB, 268x256
>>342391868
>knew Blastowitz during his time on Moon Guard
>told everyone he was a weird motherfucker
>nobody believed me
>mfw it slowly started to leak how fucking weird he was

Now I'm just waiting for the same to happen to Zepsi.
>>
>>342398726
>who gives a shit about whitemane
>>
I've suffered as a hunter for years now. Years of removing fun from the class and the legion changes are the end of it.
Rerolling Warrior. My only regret is that I didn't start playing this based class sooner.
>>
>>342398882
>WoD rhino hunter pet
>Bestial Wrath
HUUUUUUUUUUUGE
>>
>>342390104
Ive been an enhance shaman since launch. Im considering going Unholy DK for legion though. Ive always wanted a necromancer class. I dont care how shit they wind up being I want to command and army of the dead.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_122309_024451.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_122309_024451.jpg
440 KB, 1920x1200
>>342398525
It got much better later on
>>342398692
>emotes for minion summoning
>>
>>342398882
Goblins are pretty rare as well. Playing dozens of BGs and I didn't spot a single goblin of either sex.
>>
>>342398473
except they changed that after paladins threw a fit about it.

Tirion is no longer the 4th horseman because some stupid Light bullshit.

>>342398514
In WoD:
>DW Frost if low gear levels, otherwise Unholy if you have tier + Class Trinket.

In Legion, can't really say since i don't have beta access to actually test the talents+artifact stuff. A lot of people are saying Unholy is going to be good right out of the gate, but that's probably because they were always dependent more on Haste+Crit than Frost, which got hit kind hard when MS disappeared and didn't go straight into Mastery
>>
File: 1396134518726.gif (2 MB, 180x230) Image search: [Google]
1396134518726.gif
2 MB, 180x230
>Things are gonna be different THIS time around guys! I can feel it!

Are WoW players the biggest cucks on the planet?
>>
>>342399049
yeah we get it you jack off to her

she's not a cool character and we've had way too much scarlet crusade bullshit

she's literally a horseman because they needed a token woman
>>
File: 150px-UthertheLightbringer.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
150px-UthertheLightbringer.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>>342398802
>can't talk about video games on a video game board
>you instead have to go to a waifu shitposting containment board

no
>>
>>342399031
Are RP servers worth rolling on? I had fun on an RPPvP server during vanilla but you definitely had to wade through the shitty Chosen One and ERP players to find anything interesting.
>>
>LOL ELVUI
>Proceeds to use xperl with animated portraits, glass textured casting bars, tidyplates with HUGE AGGRO SPIKES, and the minimap moved in the bottom center of the screen
>>
>>342399228

yeah pretty much

this shit feels exactly like wod did
>>
>>342399256
Fuck you Scarlet Monastery was one of the most iconic parts of vanilla WoW.
>>
I used to be somebody in WoW....

I was a good healer Priest. And was well known on my server for it... People whispered me to come along for tough raids and dungeons because they knew I was competent.

Even though I didnt have any friends, was too shy, and had really bad social anxiety I still was doing stuff with people all of the time.

Since Cataclysm I have been nobody. Content, and playing your class well is easy enough that people dont have to look outside of their close knit group of buddies anymore.

So I've just been alone this whole time..but I still play, hoping senpai will notice me..but he never does.

Why haven't I killed myself yet?
>>
>>342399427
yeah and then they fucked it with MoP

any mentions of the scarlets should have really ended with WotLK
>>
>>342397069

ogres so I can sit in dustwallow and yell at people to get out of my swamp
>>
>>342399545
> and playing your class well is easy enough
Just like back when you were "somebody".

Hydra still played in Cata and he was still known.
>>
>>342399228
>I'M GOING TO PAY TO PLAY VANILLA AGAIN
vanilla players are worst
>>
File: 1466177075278.jpg (30 KB, 512x432) Image search: [Google]
1466177075278.jpg
30 KB, 512x432
>>342397784
>another fucking leather-wearing agility class trying to usurp rogues

How about no?
>>
>>342399730
>Just like back when you were "somebody".

That's just not true. I know that part of it was also because I was reliable and online a lot but I know for a fact that it was harder to do well back then.
>>
File: rpgmakers stream.jpg (111 KB, 1238x674) Image search: [Google]
rpgmakers stream.jpg
111 KB, 1238x674
>>342397943
>>default UI
I still use default UI to this day.
I never could get used to modded UI

I can't play without Mikscrolling battle text though.
>>
what the hell did blizz do to protection warriors? I only see complaints
>>
File: Maiev_TBC.png (618 KB, 892x895) Image search: [Google]
Maiev_TBC.png
618 KB, 892x895
>>342399817
Well, Wardens would be a plate class. Shadow Hunters could be either mail or leather.
>>
>>342399376
depends.

Moonguard and WrA are pretty good if you avoid ERP hotspots like goldshire.

Personally i tend to stay away from guilds or groups with overall arcing stories that you have to play along with, and usually play characters that have some kind of adventuring/wandering background which lets me dip in and out of groups without much consequence, and gave me some great experiences by just running around the world and encountering events/players in the wild.

Of course if you're looking for RPPvP realms in the US, stay away from Emerald Dream. RPPvP is super limited and almost always gets dominated by random WPvP people showing up with no regard to RP courtesy (like fucking Unholy and Andrew and the rest of the retards in D7/WSB). And if you manage to find a guild that does decent RPPvP events, chances are it's a shitshow of drama and in character edginess that always destroys those kind of guilds.
>>
>>342400096
I doubt Blizz will have asymmetrical class structure again.
>>
>>342400171
They won't even have faction-specific classes again, let's be real.
>>
File: donkey.jpg (96 KB, 495x583) Image search: [Google]
donkey.jpg
96 KB, 495x583
>>342399671
>>
>>342399930
>but I know for a fact that it was harder to do well back then.
No it fucking wasn't. From class perspective it's been 99% ezmodo from start to finish - you have fucking few buttons to use for Christ's sake.
>>
Is there any point returning as a DK? Seems like there will be so many tanks now.
>>
>>342390104
Boomkin for sure
>>
>>342391868
>RP as a DK on Moonguard (shut up)
Moonguard is a shit mix of elitism and farce level retardation. Could never get into the community. WRA is my jam. ED is alright too.

Legit though, ERP gets knocked way too much. Had a lot of fun making friends with ladies in TS or Skype and just doing the mutual masturbatory equivalent of Netflix n chill with them.
>>
>>342397069
ethereals would be cool, but unfortunately it will never happen
>>
>>342400096
They could wear mail.
Only two mail classes so far, they could do with more competition for loot.
>>
File: 1453240604310.gif (2 MB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
1453240604310.gif
2 MB, 500x362
So does anyone know if they made playing Warlock actually an enjoyable gameplay experience that doesn't feel clunky as shit?
>>
>>342400360
The amount of buttons doesnt really make a difference. I feel like it was more of your experience with the game. Like I knew automatically how to line up my PW:S's when the tank was low on rage or had no cooldowns, or when certain enemies in the game were going to start doing a lot of damage. When they were about to use a debuff, when to just dump all my mana on Flash Heals. Just game knowledge and sense in general set the good and bad players apart.

I feel like the game is more auto-pilot now. Part of it is because of addons but they have made things easier overall.
>>
>>342400171
>>342400258
Well going by the original poster who mentioned Wardens. They and Shadow Hunters have similar abilities and ideals granted I'm generalizing here. So they could go for a Plate/Mail class and be a Medium to Melee ranged class. Wardens and Shadow Hunters use their circular disc and polearms/pikes to throw at enemies more then being at melee range of them.
>>
>>342400807
Yet raids still keep on getting harder. Plz go autopilot
>>
>>342400670
its also pretty easy to buy wow tokens w money from ERP, if youre up for that sort of thing
>>
>>342400967
DPS checks and not standing in fire aren't hard.
>>
File: file.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
W H O R U N S T H E W O R L D ?

W I N D W A L K E R S
>>
>lost my old account
i miss my vanilla mage
i have a new account since a few years but i just cant get attached to a new character this deep into the game
dont know which one to focus on
>>
>>342398291

Vault of Archavon.

Spent many an hour there.
>>
>>342401078
We aren't talking about Vanilla here, buddy.
>>
>>342401078

Said the person who hasn't raided since Wrath.
>>
>>342401095
Legion WWs are thirsty af tho
>>
>>342390104
I'm rolling an unsub.
Fuck you Blizzard.
>>
>literally no one I know if going healer

We might have a problem here.

I can understadn though, all healing specs are utter shit.
>>
>>342401326
>>342401428
Good memes kiddos. Epic Diss.
>>
>>342390104

I'm gonna play a Demon Hunter.

I have literally had the name "Billidan" saved on my server since BC, after my friend and I would not stop fucking laughing at how stupid it was.

I'm so stoked.
>>
>>342395174
This.

Always pick the classes devs and /v/ aren't talking about. They are the actual best ones.
>>
>>342401435
were used to it
>>
>>342401607
How about you show how it's just dps checks and don't stand in fire, m8
>>
>>342401586

Stopped playing holy pally after wrath because it just became a cluster fuck.

Been leveling a disc priest and it's fun as fuck, might go holy at level cap. Should I though, or will disc still be stronk like it was in WOD?

I remember in Mists we had a disc priest that was top healing and damage, shit was crazy.
>>
>>342401889
muh disc priest nigga
>>
I haven't played WoW in forever. Warlock sounds fun, demonology because the idea of summoning a bunch of demons sounds badass.Still need to think up a nice name.

I have a level 70 something rogue but last time I tried playing on him I was completely overwhelmed by all these abilities I forgot to use and my awful inventory management back them. Dunno why people would wanna use the character boost on a class they aren't familiar with, maybe i'm just stupid but it seems so confusing to start out with everything. I made a warlock on PTR and I have no fucking idea what all these buttons do.
>>
>>342401889
Take it from someone who played the beta: Healing is an absolutely miserable experience in Legion.

All classes seem to have gotten something nice but the healer got worse or remained the same. Holy paladin is completely fucked because for some reason they decided it should be a melee healer without giving it any meaningful talents for it, other than a fucked mastery. Disc isn't a shielding spec anymore. It is a complete clusterfuck of 'do damage to healer people' resulting in awfully clunky spot heal, non exsistant aoe heal and annoying 15 second buff juggeling.

Also, if it is too good Blizzard will nerf it to the fucking groub, because having a healer do good dps while healing is just retarded.
>>
File: georgebushII.jpg (20 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
georgebushII.jpg
20 KB, 460x287
Human male arms warrior.

I'm a simple man. Also does someone know if blizz is nerfing EMfH?
>>
>>342390104
My paladin has been my main since launch so there's no reason to change it now. I'll play the other classes afterwards, though.
>>
>>342399545
>social anxiety
>WoW
I'm the main tank in a mythic raiding guild and I almos never talk, I don't even use the voice communication we have.
>>
>>342401889

holy paladins in cata were fun as fuck

ever since then healing became so fucking boring
>>
>>342402365

Well my guild is going to need a healer, what class would you suggest?

Druid I'm not interested in, but shaman maybe? There's still time for me to grind up another char.
>>
>>342402365
>Disc isn't a shielding spec anymore

what
>>
I'd keep on being my gnome warlock. But I don't think I'll be playing it again. PvP has been trash for just about every expac and I don't have the time or dedicated schedule to be in some shitty guild with a bunch of faggots doing raids anymore.
>>
>>342401136
blizzard chat support is awesome for recovering old accounts, if you can remember some vague details like your basic character information (names, classes, races, and realms) they'll probably link it to your new bnet account.

Got a old account from Wrath this way, literally just told them the name, class, and estimated level of my main and after the CS rep confirmed the billing name used to on the account I was set.
>>
im considering playing an arms warrior for legion they feel fuckin noice also ret is basically the same thing but with less spells
>>
what classes are most in demand?

don't want to grind up a class no one wants
>>
>>342402582
Resto Shaman is in a decent spot if you don't expect anything fancy from your healer. Same for holy I think.

>>342402667
Your shield has 8 seconds cd now and takes a fuckload of mana. It is just there to have a quick anser for burst and give you a chance to apply your buff so your damage heals that target.

All in all dungeons are going to be a nightmare because the incomming damage is pretty high and healer feel absolutely weak.
>>
>>342402980

But it doesnt cause weakened soul, and literally all of your spells cause attonement which refreshes shields and heals.

Or at least that's what I thought I heard
>>
File: larvaskinoutlandred.jpg (89 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
larvaskinoutlandred.jpg
89 KB, 600x600
>>342399057
before the size nerf these guys were fun to let loose in cities with BW going
>>
File: 1457113804162.png (38 KB, 198x141) Image search: [Google]
1457113804162.png
38 KB, 198x141
My paladin or my monk. I like the ability to change to any role.

Fuck druids.
>>
>>342402848
please respond

surely there is some spec that no one fucking plays
>>
>>342403886
wouldnt that mean that they are in literal no demand?
>>
>>342402848
It's anyone's guess at this point m8. The beta is issuing how so many changes so frequently that there's no real tier list. Though at a glance the classes seem relatively equal.

As far as desired roles go, tanks and healers are always in demand. Play Druid, Paladin, Monk or another class that can swap between at least two different roles.
>>
>>342403886
There will be loads of Demon Fuckers now with Legion so Healers are probably the most "in demand"
>>
>>342400171
4 classes competing for the same exact armor and accessories is enough thanks, no more leather wearers
>>
File: 1419561132439.png (370 KB, 503x539) Image search: [Google]
1419561132439.png
370 KB, 503x539
>>342404709
>mfw I'm not a leather wearing class
>>
>>342404709
>Competing for loot

I remember those days. It sucked. I'm legitimately grateful for the efforts Blizz has made to mostly do away with this. When I bother to play their game anyway.
>>
>>342401695
epic post anon

ftw
>>
>>342390104
I'll be playing a nightelf hunter when blizzard releases vanilla legacy servers
>>
File: Zeni'vun_TCG.jpg (256 KB, 900x708) Image search: [Google]
Zeni'vun_TCG.jpg
256 KB, 900x708
>>342390584
>>342393565

I don't think anybody argues there's a significant difference in playerbase between factions, at least not since TBC. I play Horde because I like the races and the lore, I assume the same is true for Alliance players. It's really not a big deal, just play Horde with your friends. If my friends really wanted to go Alliance I'd deal with it too.
>>
>>342403504
Paladins are eh in legion. Dunno about monks. Hear nothing but praise for druids
>>
>>342406509
>It's really not a big deal, just play Horde with your friends.
I know, and I am, I just like to switch things up every so often too. That's all.
>>
>>342406538
Druids have been brokenly good since WOTLK. It annoys me to no fucking end.
>>
>>342395174
not in pvp dumass beach
>>
>>342407401
>minigames

lmao
>>
im done, finally done

would play classic servers in a heartbeat though
>>
>>342390104
Warlock or Mage

Still really undecided though

>Tfw You wanna be a caster but bring more too the raid but hate Balance Druid
>>
>>342407091
Druids have been brokenly good since TBC.
>>
There's at least an 85% chance that the expansion is going to be another disaster.
Maybe if activision holds it together for once, but we both know how unlikely that is.
>>
>>342402408
EMfH is getting a nerf, Only breaks stuns now, works like WoF with a 30s trinket shared CD, still easily the best PvP Racial though
>>
File: 4123341234.jpg (85 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
4123341234.jpg
85 KB, 504x470
>decide to go night elf female DK
>all armor looks terrible
>>
>>342406509
You know something, I think I'd love Horde if there wasn't such a large wank for Orcs and Thrallesus. I'm so sick and tired of Thrall The Chosen One, Mark Stue, The One, Neo mother fucker I'd be with you in that statement. All the factions on the Horde have such a diverse set of views and ideals but I'm so sick of Orcs and Thrall holy fucking shit I don't know how you deal with it.

And don't think it's going to end with Thrall if he ever "Retires" or "Dies" they have a half orc, human, draenei, elf boy who can cast every spell and knows every move from every melee class. And they've gone on record to saying they're going to bring him back
>>
File: Rogue_crest.png (76 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
Rogue_crest.png
76 KB, 250x224
>>342390104
Also Rogue, greatest victory is the battle not fought.
Every class without a form of disengage sux dix.

Hype for demon hunters.
GW2 level scaling not so much.
Favorite thing is the GW2 armor catalog for transmogs.
>>
>>342408762
>night elf

there's your problem anon
>>
>>342409663

Thrall is mostly avoidable, honestly. Only in Cata was he everywhere. I think they've learned their lesson. I wish they'd killed him off in Dragon Soul so we could remember him before we got sick of him.

I agree about the Orc focus though, and this is coming from someone who really likes Orcs. Pretty much every Horde race brings something really cool to the table, and it sucks that everybody except the Orcs and the Forsaken get sidelined. Tauren and Trolls get basically nothing and they're the quintessential Horde races. I don't know why the fuck they killed Cairne but they need to do something with Baine to justify it.
>>
>>342409663
at least the elements are kicking his ass for cheating during the mak'gora
>>
>>342390104
Demon Hunter Tank
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_052516_170027.jpg (173 KB, 849x765) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_052516_170027.jpg
173 KB, 849x765
>>342410232
>he doesn't main NE
its like you don't even ERP
>>
>>342411212
night elf looks like shit faggot
>>
>>342411212
>Night elves
>ERPing

Their spot as lewdest race was usurped the moment Draenei were introduced.
>>
I haven't even played Paladin in the endgame and I haven't played since 2012. How's Paladin? Are the specs fun?
>>
>>342411570
>draenei and belf in the same expansion

rip nelfs
>>
>>342411570
>2016
>still ERPing futashit-spacegoats
ishiggitydiggitydoodlydoo
>>
Subraces FUCKING WHEN?

>Mag'har orcs
>Wildhammer dwarves
>Highborne Nelves
>Undead Elves
>Leper Gnomes
>Ect

>Also subraces come with redressed versions of the opposing factions racials, for example a Mag'Har Orc would have Draenei Racials and a Highborne Nelf would have Blood Elf racials and so on
>>
>>342412167
>>Also subraces come with redressed versions of the opposing factions racials
NEVER
EVER
>>
>>342390104
DH
>>
Skimming the thread and it looks like enhancement shamans are finally in a good place. So I'll be dusting off my original main. How are dks and warriors looking.
>>
>>342397930
Man, WoW never did cartoony graphics right. That looks horrible.
>>
>>342412408
warriors are always suffering
>>
>>342412408
uholy dks are pretty good
frost is a massive, massive spam of 3 skills during the whole fight.
>>
>>342412408
>picking a melee dps willingly in an expansion where melee dps are grossly oversaturated
>>
>>342391075
>feral
>enh
playing the cuck right I see.
>>
File: 1463700210679.gif (2 MB, 432x227) Image search: [Google]
1463700210679.gif
2 MB, 432x227
>>342410270
I don't get why they killed off Cairne and some other Horde Leaders in Legion (trying not to spoil the story) at the end of the day we're getting someone no one wants and they're being controlled by a Ex-Vrykul who now controls the Titan Underworld.

Blizzard is killing off all the wrong leaders for all the wrong reasons.

I want this ride to end
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.