[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you stop watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: gg.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
When did you stop watching?
>>
same reason jon left

i grew up
>>
Because the Suzy sex tape was never delivered.
>>
I only watched goof boop
>>
>>342385573
that and pokemon emeral were the peak desu
>>
I stuck around a little after Jon left but then there was so much new content coming out all at once that I felt overwhelmed and went back to watching king of the hill youtube poops
>>
>>342385571
but that ass-shot of her is legit right?
>>
>>342385818
atta boy :')

koth is truly the renaissance of the genre
>>
When they started pouring their political opinions.
>>
when arin could have been swiped with a robot that just said "yeah, man (insert tryhard humor and overzealous laughter hear)" and i wouldn't have noticed

danny is great but 50% is still an F
>>
when they stopped caring about the games they played and it became a podcast
>>
>>342386115
what have they said? i remember them putting up trigger warnings ruffled some feathers but i never heard anything more than that
>>
>>342386172
yeah i still watch tbfp because they at least enjoy the games they're playing. unless its laughably bad but they're getting to be maestros at playing shlock.

AND THEY ACTUALLY FINISH
>>
after Jon left

old episodes with him are still infinitely more entertaining than most things I watch now

it's even worse because new jontrons are fucking terrible and unfunny
>>
They didn't finish Sonic 06'.
>>
>>342386662
agree 100%. the production value rising has become a detriment. I didn't laugh once at his newest video.

Its like hes trying to legitimatize himself by looking filmic instead of trying to innovate on his humor.
>>
>>342385818
y'know fellas
>>
>>342388000
robo-dale superior to modern arin hanson confirmed
>>
I think it was around late Wind Waker/Mario Sunshine era, Arin was getting annoying, Danny wasn't making up for it, and the content became overwhelming.
>>
I stopped after like 2 weeks because the gimmick wore off and once you realize that nobody involved in this shitshow is actually funny or even remotely competent at video games it becomes your typical youtube money grubbing garbage. At least it opened my eyes to the real Egoraptor and how terrible he is.
>>
i never watched it because i'm an old sack of shit
>>
>>342385398
I could tolerate Danny and Barry and even Ross, but then they brought Arin's ayylmao girlfriend, Markiplier, and a bunch of other e-celebs I give zero shits about. Now I just watch the Sonic 06 and Kirby Super Star vids again cause they're all I ever laughed at.
>>
>>342385398
i've never even started. take your eceleb shit out of /v/
>>
when they started hiring unfunny sacks like vernon
>>
>>342388525
ego's just a hack raking in cash from kids who don't know what that competence you're talking about is.

Maybe its because he comes from a sheltered childhood and instead of learning to become a self-reliant human being Suzy and his e-fame smothered all need to grow as a human being.
>>
>>342385398
Eh, sometimes I play one of their videos as background noise when I'm playing something, but it really lost it's magic when Jon left, atleast Dan's stories were entertaining for a while.
Goof Troop was truly the best part of Game Grumps.

>>342388000
Nice get
>>
I distinctly remember watching the first three videos they uploaded on the day that Jon left. I think it was two grump episodes with Danny and one episode of steam train and thought they felt incredibly forced and weren't funny at all. At that point everyone seemed to agree too since these videos had a huge number of dislikes. Haven't watched a video since.

I've rewatched some of the Sonic 06 playthrough from time to time though, that's always fun.
>>
What does /v/ think about Barry's Sequalitis inspired video about Skyward Sword?
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=chYgDqWW6ho
>>
Jon's farewell resonates with me more and more these days.

>"I can't be sitting here playing videogames every day"
>"I gotta be a man"

You gotta grow up sometime.
>>
>>342389176
>they felt incredibly forced and weren't funny at all.
So like every jon episode then
>>
>Finish Old Hunters
>Mario Maker returns the next day
>>
>>342385398
I stopped watching regularly when they had Markiplier on the show. I can't stand him at all.

I still check out playthroughs of games I liked, or I think would be fun. Dead Rising 2 was pretty entertaining, but of course they've stopped and probably won't touch it again, like with all of their kinda interesting playthroughs.
>>
As soon as they started playing DS2
>>
never started

fuck off
>>
>>342389336
If you're looking to start some silly argument I'm not willing to entertain you, my friend.
>>
>>342385398
Shortly after Jon left. Last thing I remember watching was the dennis the menace video
>>
I never did watch YouTube shit.
>>
WHY THE FUCK DID THEY STOP PLAYING OOT AT GANONDORF'S CASTLE TO PLAY DOA AND A SHITTY GODZILLA GAME INSTEAD
FUCKING MONGOLOIDS
>>
>>342385398
When I realized how shitty my taste was.
>>
>>342389601
Dark Souls 2 is what led me from the Grumps to the best friends. Never went back.
>>
I-I haven't ;_;
>>
>>342389186
What the fuck is Arin doing? Barry was the sole editor for the show for years and now that he has more free time he can make a sequalitis video.

How hard is it to just take a break and sit down and write something as simple as a fucking video game critique? He can just commission out the little drawings of himself to other artists like he does with his animations nowadays.

Maybe he realized he has no real opinions.
>>
GOD TIER GG EPISODES:
>most of the jontron era
>Steam Train episodes where Danny and Ross play comfy Sierra games

HIGH TIER:
>early Danny episodes like Mickey Mousecapades or Super Tennis

MID TIER:
>Amusing Danny stories like the Ninjabread Man episode or some of the Mario 64 episodes

SHIT TIER:
>everything else, honestly haven't watched in like a year and a half
>>
Been a couple of years now. When nuMale Barry, and cunt Suzie got involved. Arin isn't even funny, and is dumb as a brick. I can deal with the Jew but he is just such a push over faggot, and doesn't even challenge Arin in his bullshit.

The notoriety of idiots playing video games wore off for me. It started around 2012, and I soon lost interest. It wont for kids though, because they are stupid. Their minds will be programmed to be good little fanboys/girls and making celebrities out of idiots on youtubers.

Really have to think my lucky stars I was born in the right decade, and not to be raise by the internet.
>>
>>342385398
I still use Jon Grumps as background noise.
I can't listen to Jew Grumps tho.
Danny is too afraid of offending niggers and gays
>>
>>342385398
When I realized Arin will NEVER finish Girlcahn in Paradise...
>>
>>342390017
They always complain about how they never have time for anything and work all the time.
Work being playing videogames and barely making any effort at all nowadays.
>>
>>342389848
Zaibatsu Forever man.

Even their """memes""" are good. Like fucking Zubaz and Rage. They turned their own lives into lore. That's pretty genius.

What does GG have? A hamburger with eyes? Lol cute.
>>
File: smug suzy.jpg (26 KB, 289x427) Image search: [Google]
smug suzy.jpg
26 KB, 289x427
>>342385571
This.
>>
>>342390203
> Jon era: Jon would experiment with the boundaries of shock humor and said nigger clearly several times

>Now: Benign drug stories and forced laugher
>>
>>342389232

Eh, that's bullshit. He's not gonna play video games every day, but he'll be doing what? You do something anyway. If it's not games, he'll be sitting every day editing footage of his show or writing.

You can argue it's more productive, but what he did with GG before was still the same: providing entertainment. He'll just be doing it the way he wants instead.
>>
File: 1463967278052.jpg (414 KB, 771x624) Image search: [Google]
1463967278052.jpg
414 KB, 771x624
>>342390017
Maybe he realized that he lost all credibility by being shit at playing games on camera, that and playing video games for a living must be soooo exhausting, I'd honestly like to see a video where we get to see the behind the scenes of the show, like what the fuck Arin does when he isn't playing games in his house.

>>342390219
>Tfw the character design contest was a pointless waste of time
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wot5nrFkIPo
>It was 6 fucking years ago.
>>
>>342390731
>what the fuck Arin does when he isn't playing games in his house
preps susie's bull obviously
>>
Didn't realize /v/ was THIS underage.
>>
>>342390731
>Egoraptor's humor wasn't 100% but it was at least charming and unique

>Now he caters to 12 year olds

It must be internally humiliating
>>
I remember talking to a hot girl who was super into Game Grumps if she preferred Jon or Danny. My assistant prof overheard and she thought we were talking about GoT. We both clarified. Sensible chuckles all around.

That was two years ago and I can safely say it was my last positive experience with Game Grumps.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.