[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does Nintendo just not listen to fan feedback at all, or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10
File: color splash.jpg (147 KB, 656x938) Image search: [Google]
color splash.jpg
147 KB, 656x938
So does Nintendo just not listen to fan feedback at all, or what?
>>
>>342361962
Listening to sales is more reliable.
>>
Interview stated they started development right after sticker star was over.

There was no time to listen to feedback, they just did it.
>>
>>342361962
of course not, they don't even read their sales
>>
>>342362417
Sales would tell them to make Paper Mario 3 tho
>>
>>342361962
I think after what happened to this game, companies decided that listening to fan feedback was an awful, awful idea.
If not sooner.
>>
>>342361962
No instead they said there's no room for more than one rpg. Lets face it Nintendo hates rpgs
>>
File: pr4ymypartygayme.png (56 KB, 176x186) Image search: [Google]
pr4ymypartygayme.png
56 KB, 176x186
Unfortunately, sticker star outsold every other paper mario game, I think even SPM outsold the first two, so, financially, there's no reason for them to go back to the old format which is extremely upsetting.
>>
Nintendo is inept as fuck. Gamefreak is just as bad.

"we want hard games. stop making them easy as fuck"

>"yeah nah. fuck you. suck my dick. you'll buy it anyway"

i bet if /v/ got together we could literally design better games to last a lifetime.
>>
They do listen to some fan feedback.

The problem is that the only feedback they do listen to is a small selection of the kids of people who work for them.
>>
>>342362617
But Sticker Star sold well.
>>
>>342362925
/v/ tried many times but there are no interested devs to code an entire game for free
Which is a shame since I wanted to see that PM fangame people wanted to make.
>>
>>342361962
Your fault for thinking Paper Mario was a game bound by it's RPG elements and story. This was never the case, you just assumed.
>>
>>342363017
>what is Katawa Shoujo
>>
>>342362913
sticker star and super outsold the other two because at the time of release, EVERYONE owned a wii or a 3ds. Relying on the Wii U to sell this game is probably not going to work out
>>
>>342361962
Only the Japanese feedback.
>>
>>342363298
>he says, as game sales in general are lower than they've tended to be in the past
Okay.

The games sold well because story bullshit doesn't appeal to kids.
>>
>>342363242
That was /a/, but maybe /v/ can actually do something right for once
>>
Reminder that Tanabe is the culprit for ruining Metroid, Paper Mario, and Chibi-Robo.

Someone needs to stop him.
>>
>>342363242
i wouldn't really consider a visual novel among the ranks of nintendo-published games.

the reason many games nintendo neglects are stuck in the past is only because they own the rights to their characters.

literally give anyone else the chance to do the series justice and we wouldn't have to suffer as we do.

but all big companies are greedy as fuck. sales > quality. ego > honesty. very few indie devs can replicate the passion we have for games like TTYD.
>>
I know how little this matters without evidence, but a friend that does testing for Nintendo said this game was already in final testing before it even got announced to the public. Chances are it's been done for too long for them to change mind based on fan outcry from the reveal and the Sticker Star outcry honestly wasn't anything big it was Color Splash that really opened up the internet drama wounds fresh from the Federation Force fiasco;

In other words, it was finished before we even had the chance to complain.
>>
>>342363693
OP means feedback from past games.
>>
>>342361962
I wish they'd stop making Paper Mario. So ye I guess they're not listening.
>>
"We do not give a fuck about stupid Americans. Please understanduru."
>>
>>342362986
TTYD and 64 had better attach rates, and super sold the best
>>
>>342363873
Even japanese fans are complaining about it, they are just too stubborn.
>>
>>342363873
>Americans
You mean a vocal minority of shitters?
>>
>>342363770

Right, and my point is that we've never seen a shitstorm of decent size til Color Splash. Reviews of SPM and Sticker Star were mostly "yeah i dug it not the same as before but yeah".
>>
>>342363564
Super Paper Mario
>>
>>342361962
>fans complain that there is no paper mario game anymore
>nintendo announces one
>fans are still complaining
you fuckers are never satisfied
>>
>>342364230
People are complaining because this is just a silly game using Paper Mario's name to try to sell.

I'd rather have no new game than a bad game.
>>
File: Sticker Star.png (660 KB, 1571x805) Image search: [Google]
Sticker Star.png
660 KB, 1571x805
>>342363945
You were wrong about Sticker Star having a higher attach rate by the way.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xFnr_olAFQ5rBtjY_qoS_9AbNVrqgCHD2p0g_ZH_U6Y/pub
>>
File: tanabe.jpg (23 KB, 636x360) Image search: [Google]
tanabe.jpg
23 KB, 636x360
As expected, /v/ is too young to understand love and romance.
>>
Do people still not get that the 3DS sold 2.7 times better than the Gamecube, but Sticker Star still only sold about 15% more copies?
>>
>>342364173
>Super Paper Mario
Was on the Wii. Compare the userbase of the Wii to the Wii U and 3DS.
>>
>>342364381
few months ago
/v/ was all
>press F for paper mario
>new paper mario never ever
if you don't believe me look up all the pre e3 paper mario threads in the archive
>>
>>342361962
They actually did with this one. They told us to fuck off and play Mario & Luigi if we wanted a Mario RPG series so bad.

The real kicker is that the fucking game still uses a turn based battle system. It's honestly kind of fucking unbelievable.
>>
>>342364405
I like this graphic
>>
>>342364675

Which people immediately threw back in their face by pointing out that we have multiple Mario platformer series which are made concurrently. Yet somehow having multiple RPG series is out of the question.
>>
why do they keep wasting manpower making these games. put them on to work on the new 3D mario so it gets done faster.
>>
>>342363662
Don't worry when Fed Force bombs he'll be off Metroid, then we can finally get a Metroid: Fusion sequel.
>>
>>342364760
Yeah, shame they won't actually listen.
>>
>>342364648
Yes but it sold over 3 million copies. It wouldn't have sold so high if people didn't like the story.
>>
>>342364653
I don't deny it, I was there.
Sure there was one thread here and other there, but the series was dying and they weren't too frequent to be an annoyance.
We knew nothing about color splash. When it was announced, people thought "well maybe this is just early footage, they will add stuff we want, right?" But E3 showed that no, there is nothing about this game like the ones people like.
So in the end it would be better if they never made it after sticker star's complaints. Just let the series die instead of turning it into an unrecognizable zombie.
>>
>>342362417
Stick Star has the worst attach rate of all PM games
>>
>>342361962
You know those club Nintendo surveys? People shitpost in them and give joke answers and they take them 100% seriously.
>>
>>342364405
2 is where all the important info is at. 1 makes it look like an apologist's position, but 2 makes it clear that Sticker Star was much less popular than TTYD.
>>
>>342362847
How is Sega demanding Wii version and splitting team in two while retaining same deadlines to cash in on Christmas related to Color Splash situation?
>>
File: 1466024072886.png (701 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1466024072886.png
701 KB, 720x1280
>that one fag who shows up every Color Trash thread to try and defend the game
>>
/v/ is not a hivemind, keep thinking everyone sent in the same/similar ideas
>>
>>342365005
Yes but people owned more Gamecube games on average than 3ds games. That combined with its lower sales and smaller library would boost TTYD's attach rate.
>>
>>342361962
It's fucking weird as shit, looking at the new Zelda you'd think they're super in tune with fan feedback, but then you have shit like Paper Mario Color Splash which just apes one of the most hated Mario games ever.
>>
>>342365179
>He gets assblasted when you tell him to calm his autism and look outside raw numbers.
>>
>>342365163
I didn't make the image senpai. Would it work better if the two points were reversed?
>>
>>342365383
I love how he still can't come up with an answer for that
>B-but only /v/ h-h-hated it
No everyone fucking hated it
>>
>>342364405
Wow, on it's first point it's already false.

Sales for gaming aren't as insane (generally) as they have been in the past. The fact it still managed to outsell TTYD is impressive. Going "b-but only by 300k" is hilarious. What are you proving exactly? it still sold more.
>>
>>342364509
All this guy needs to do is take one look at Sakamoto to debunk that whole 'love and romance' bullshit. It's been six years and people are STILL talking about what a piece of shit he is.

People don't turn around on this shit, they hold grudges. Nerds never forgive.
>>
>>342365179
It looks visually appealing, and has pleasant music but the gameplay is horrible.
>>
>>342364509
Can someone explain the love and romance meme?
>>
File: evans.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
evans.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>342365868
>There’s no definitive plan or anything. It’s just me off the top of my head. I know how hated the character of Tingle is in the U.S. I know that people cannot stand Tingle. But to me that challenge is: Could I take this character that is so reviled in the West and just [do] a complete turnaround and make him a beloved, fun character? The idea of that really just gets me going. I know we have made a Tingle game in the past, but maybe at some point down the road.
>It’s like love. It’s like romance: You meet someone and you’re like, ‘Oh god, I can’t stand that person.’ And then three weeks later, you’re madly in love — it’s that turn, that quick whip, that motivates [me] a little bit. If we we ever get a really successful Tingle game, maybe we will have like a big Tingle statue out there [points to Nintendo's E3 booth outside the room's walls].

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/nintendos_kensuke_tanabe_wants_to_make_tingle_popular_in_the_west
>>
>>342365719
But it's not false it only outsold TTYD by 300k Mr. Vocal Minority. Also you know the other two are correct so you only focus on the one that's somewhat shaky if you look at from that perspective.
>>
>>342366320
Holy shit...this guy is fucking delusional. How is he still employed
>>
File: HroSgBSL8D4s.jpg (3 MB, 3026x3572) Image search: [Google]
HroSgBSL8D4s.jpg
3 MB, 3026x3572
Threadly reminder that PM will never come back
>>
>>342366579
Sorry I thought the graph was out to say that outselling TTYD is meaningless.
>>
>>342365178
From what I heard, Sonic '06 was rushed due to the fans practically demanding it come out that year (something about his 15th anniversary?).
Leading to the unfinished nature of the game, as well as making the problems regarding Secret Rings (which also could have probably turned out fine with an extra year of development) worse.
Potentially causing game developers to believe that fan input would harm their projects and therefore not listen to them.
Such as Miyamoto refusing to listen to the fans who want a return to form for the Paper Mario series and continuing with his "story-lite Action RPG" agenda.
At least, that's the conclusion I came to.
>>
>>342365868
You know how everyone hates toad?

Well Tanabe literally said "You only complain because you're tsundere for toad. I'll make you love him"
>>
>>342366996
This guy is a fucking walking meme.
>>
>>342366320
How is anyone this fucking retarded?
>you don't want it but you REALLY want it
>>
>>342361962
What does "attach rate" mean?
>>
>>342367245
Blizzard but reversed.
>>
>>342367438
The percentage of consoles compared to a game sold for it.
For example, if a Wii U game sells 2 million, and there's 10 million Wii U consoles sold total, it had a 20% attach rate.
>>
File: Sticker Star final boss.jpg (15 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
Sticker Star final boss.jpg
15 KB, 290x174
Complaints boil down to it not being enough like TTYD.

So yes, Nintendo listens, they just understand that the group of people whining are a very vocal minority that won't matter in the long run.
>>
>>342367438
In this situation basically the amount of people who bought a console who a game. For example out of everyone who bought a Wii SPM sold around 4% of that so it has an attach rate of 4%
>>
>>342367678
I appreciate you putting that image so I know it's you.
>>
>>342366831
>removing OCs
>the battle system
these two are the worst offenders by far. What the fuck Nintendo
>>
Of course not. They do things their way, and anyone who doesn't like it can fuck off.
>>
>>342367584
>>342367697
Oh I thought it referred to the amount of people who actually kept their game rather than reselling it to the secondhand market.
>>
>>342361962
Listening to fan feedback is not a good idea, for a multitude of reasons. I'm not saying that what they're doing with this game is any better (in fact it's probably worse).
>>
>>342367969
That business model has been working out so well.
>>
>>342367678
There is NO ONE excited for this game, anywhere.
>>
>>342367678
This tbqh.
>>
>>342364932
It sold because it was a Mario game. I love the game, but don't pretend those sales were due to the game being spectacular. The Wii's userbase was big enough for just about any non-shovelware game to get some sales here and there.
>>
>>342368141

Yes and no. If something pisses off America, chances are Japan loved it and vice versa.

And to them, that's enough justification to keep things as is.
>>
>>342365383
>he has autism
>not the people making millions of threads a day demanding Miyamoto's head on a silver platter

uh... okay
>>
File: 1452398385237.jpg (6 KB, 295x378) Image search: [Google]
1452398385237.jpg
6 KB, 295x378
>>342371401
>...
>>
Its mostly miyamoto and tanabe
>>
>>342364405
>Handheld =/= Console

the Average number of games sold per 3DS is 4.66 and the average number of games sold per GC is 9.66. That actually means that Sticker Star's attach ratio relative to the install base is actually

3.87 x 2.07 = 8.01%

What you have on the board is retarded babel because it isn't normalised. If TTYD was sold on the 3DS it would only have sold 2.51 million for example.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.