[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been playing this again for around a week or longer >actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: GAY SHIT.jpg (478 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GAY SHIT.jpg
478 KB, 1920x1080
>been playing this again for around a week or longer
>actually kept up with it and got some decent Set pieces to drop
>having a pretty good go at things
I'm really surprised that I'm actually enjoying the game now. I'm not too sure how far one is supposed to progress or how many builds per class are viable but it's okay so far.

Can we... discuss the game maybe?
>>
>>342358983
yeah alright
>>
>>342360690
What are you playing, friend?
>>
>>342361218
Haven't played D3 much lately but last time I played I made a seasonal wizard, was astonished by how fast I geared up compared to my main who I'd played when RoS released
>>
>game is way too fucking easy in the first 3 acts of the game

I just couldn't get past that, Diablo 3 is incredibly boring right now
>>
Is crusader still shit, because I'm tired of my favorite class (paladin) always being the underdog.
>>
File: diablo reactions.png (1 MB, 2096x1036) Image search: [Google]
diablo reactions.png
1 MB, 2096x1036
>>
>>342361374
>game is way too fucking easy period
Fixed that for you. Right when you complete the game and hit level cap, the game throws a full set at you that lets you tackle the highest difficulty right out of the gate. Makes grinding for shit feel really minuscule.
>>
>>342361307
I was going to try leveling my Wizard a bit but he's ~37 right now and Disintegrating everything to death was boring. I did make a Seasonal Monk but I'm too lazy to get the last two pieces of the set.

>>342361445
Uh I have no idea what classes are shit or not. There are many different builds for each class.

>>342361527
>Right when you complete the game and hit level cap, the game throws a full set at you that lets you tackle the highest difficulty right out of the gate
I wish.
>>
Two things stop me from enjoying this game:
-no builds (no, end game combinations aren't builds)
-too many items, and none of them ever stand out;

I already had dozens of uniques and set items by the end of one playthrough on normal difficulty, and that pretty much killed any interest in me continuing on. I felt like I already accomplished everything there was to do. In Diablo 2 you were always looking forward to getting an exciting drop that will make Hell difficulty doable but D3 seems all about grinding and incremental improvements.
>>
>>342361648
You can join the /vg/ clan thing and ask someone to boost you and you'll be 70 in under half an hour
>>
>>342361804
I don't know what their clan is and anything /vg/ is generally horrible (good thing they don't even have a general at the moment). It's okay though. I'm working on my 'main' (Barbarian at T8) and I have that Seasonal 70 Monk plus a 60 Crusader I can level if I want, or my late 30s Witch Doctor.
>>
I'm having shit luck trying to get other pieces for wd's Zunimassa's haunt set, any tips?

I know the current season has it as a reward but I made the character before it started
>>
What builds per character Set are actually viable?
What are good item suggestions to spend Blood Shards on?
>>
>>342361961
I dunno, the ones I encountered were pretty pleasant
>>
>>342362091
You could try upgrading a rare into a legendary (or set piece).
>>
D3 now is a lot better than it used to be.

Unfortunately, it's too much too late, but it really is a great game now compared to before.

I've also become immensely burned out because leveling new characters every season is fucking annoying.
>>
>>342363031
That's a really good option but I basically spent most of my death breath's on getting chantodo's force for the wizard, and witch each upgrade taking 25 of them it's pretty slow
>>
>>342363167
Lurk in the general chats and you can get a speedrun easily.
>>
>>342361527
Whats your highest Grift?
>>
>>342363681
True enough there. I wish there were more ways to actually get specific items you need. Like Grim Dawn legendaries depend on the mob as in if I want a legendary pistol, I need to kill enemies that wield pistols.
>>
What do I level after my three legendary gems for the build I'm using are at 25?
>>
>>342363721
not the guy you quoted but I already know what you are trying to do.
the main difference between something like grift90 for example and grift 105 is just higher dmg/monster hp numbers. you close the gap with paragons and ancient gear upgrades, mostly through paragons.

so if his highest grift might end up just grift90, it could be just as difficult as for example grift105 if the guy just had a higher paragon level to close the dmg/monster hp gap between the two difficulties.

d3 scales horribly in higher difficulties. just take a look at the "rebalancing" since vanilla or heck even since ros launched. its literally just higher numbers and fotm set buffs. the set buffs are mostly just increases in numbers.

the game is currently in a really bad spot. I dont try to hate it, I played my fair share but it got fucking worse over time. Iam at a point where I would LOVE to play vanilla d3 with the ah, thats how bad the current meta is.
>>
>>342364158
So you are saying the game is too hard for you.
>>
File: prove your view is valid.png (40 KB, 825x635) Image search: [Google]
prove your view is valid.png
40 KB, 825x635
>>342364439
>>
>>342358983
game is shit compared to d2lod
>>
>>342364439
are you retarded on purpose?
I was several times in the top10 of barb grifts in several seaons but that shit doesnt many ANYTHING because grift difficulty is based around on how much time you invested grinding paragons and not about real difficulty.

I know that you buttmad and everything but please turn down your retardation
>>
>>342364439
You got 'em! ex dee
>>
The game is get boring very fast once you beat it. Can't help it but to snore when playing it even on the hardest difficulty.
>>
Nah. Grim dawn is better than this wow-style rush to endgame trash
>>
>>342364809
I never said this game was better or worse than any other game.
Grim Dawn is the best ARPG currently on the market.
>>
>>342364809
its a good casual arpg but thats about it.
the fact that it hasnt any closed servers and trading kills it for most people.

trading is a huge part of arpgs. why do you think d3 sucks so hard since ros? (not that d3 vanilla was perfect by any means)
>>
>>342361527
>game is way too fucking easy period

This. I played Diablo 3 on release and I remember getting my shit kicked in on Inferno. I literally could not get hit by anything and had to just kite around things with my Blizzard/Hydra Wizard. Because getting good gear was very rare and everyone was mostly rolling in yellows. That shit was FUN. Because getting a good drop felt great. Now you just get top tier gear rained down upon you the moment you fucking log in, and become an unstoppable killing machine instantly. It takes like a day of playing to fully gear up a max level character and stomp through high inferno.

But that is Blizzard for you. Lots of "empowered girl gamers" and casual dudebros play Diablo 3, so they have to get their instant gratification.
>>
>>342364809
here comes the grimdawnfags to ruin everything
i agree, grimdawn is the best arp right now
>>
>>342358983
Fuck off.
>>
>>342365512
I'm going to discuss video games on /v/ and there is not a thing you can do about it, newfriend.
>>
>>342365639
>newfriend

You're the one playing trash.
>>
>>342365738
There is no correlation, and I have never said that this game was good. Stop trying to force an argument for the sake of forcing an argument, newfriend.
>>
>>342366212
Only newfags play shit.
>>
>>342358983
People here have the game but I bought this game a few months ago and I must say I'm enjoying it immensely.
I finished a semen hunter in normal on expert and I was kinda meh on all fronts since most encounters are really easy. And dying was the worst. Literally rezzing at your corpse with no real penalty, what a joke. Then I went looking into the seasonal things and all the things you can do with endgame. I dicked around in adventure mode for a while trying out different torment modes, rifts and bounties.

Then I decided to create a seasonal character but I went hardcore with a wizard. And going hardcore makes you look at the whole game from another angle, I cared enough to craft decent gear while levelling, looked at the skillset differently and slowly creeping up the torment tree at max level as better gear came trickling in. There's a constant sense of dread as things around you grow more powerful, despite you being more powerful too.
But your power comes partly from specific gear that require you to master the skills they play into, demanding more skillful play from you as a player tbqh.

I dunno, I know /v/ likes to harp on DIII for it's shit release and it's why I avoided it this long but someone close to me recommended it so here I am. Game's not perfect but fuck it, I'm having a blast in hardcore mode.
If you haven't made the switch to hardcore yet, you should seriously consider giving it a go.

>b-but it's just adds permadeath, who cares?
It adds much more to the experience overall, everything you do matters way more, every detail on your gear matters. It's much more interesting balancing survival and damage dealing than just going for the max dps meta shit.

Does anybody have a clue when this season will end by the way?
>>
>>342366716
>Does anybody have a clue when this season will end by the way?
No idea. IIRC, something I recently read said that seasons usually last around three months, and this one started around April 12 maybe.
>>
>>342366716
>I must say I'm enjoying it immensely.

That's because you like shit.
>>
>>342364490
>Gets BTFO
>Posts mspaint comic
>>
File: 1343586385904.png (138 KB, 339x319) Image search: [Google]
1343586385904.png
138 KB, 339x319
>>342364490
>/pol/cuck meme image
>>
>>342366913
Yeah, looking at the other seasons this one should end somewhere in July. Shame they don't give you the dates in advance, kinda annoying for players like me who jumped in somewhere half way.
Anways, who /hardcore/ here? I'm curious.

>>342366962
You're waifu a shit.
>>
>>342366716
the thing is the whole game was build around softcore and hardcore was just added because d2 had it. I mean every char has atleast one cheat death proc, some classes like wizard and crusader have even two and there is also the cheat death amu.
the real problem with hc in d3 however is the fucking logout mechanic, you stay atleast 10seconds on the god damn server whenever you log out and there is nothing you can do about that.
inb4 get a better internet connection. my own internet connection is not the problem, its the shitty blizzard server. try playing 300+ hours without a fucking ddos attack on blizzard servers, aint gonna happen. this shit is about to happen sooner or later.

if you really dig the hardcore experience you should try path of exile. its basically balanced the other way around. it was always mode for hardcore mode and softcore was just added as a feature for noobs.
>>
>>342367454
Not me. I'm a casual.
>>
>>342358983
Went back, mainly because of the combat, shame most Monk builds utilize random as fuck legendaries, I just want to fist something, but sadly, as long as you dont have a set/skill set which combines mobility with damage/thoughness or gives you the ability to 1 oneshot stuff, its pretty much worthless.
Yeah yeah I know there is a dashing strike and Innas EP build, but those feel awkward as fuck and I rather playing my WW barb or Thornsader.
>>
>>342361453
???
>>
>>342364809
>Nah. Grim dawn is better than this wow-style rush to endgame trash
Grim Dawn is LITERALLY TQ copy pasted source codebut without the interesting mythology and I will never forgive crate for creating this inferior game compared to a possible TQ2.
Yes, its not bad, yes Constellations are fun, but sooner or later you will realize there are specific constellations that are pretty mandatory on ALL characters on ultimate.
Shame because the game has some really nice legos and options for themed builds, like and viking ice lord, but that shit doesnt fly
>>
>>342369042
>without interesting mythology
Opinions. Personally, I like Grim Dawn's world.
>>
>actually getting decent pieces
you know how that works right?
the less you play . the more drops you get the first few days after re-starting playing
at least its not AH controlled anymore . doesn't make it any less shit anyway
>>
So this is my first diablo and I played a crusader on normal and have been slowly going up the difficulties. I'm on torment 1 now. What are season and why do they matter?
>>
>>342365287
I don't see too much of an issue. Once you finished inferno you were farming ilvl 63s for no further challenge. At least now we have an infinitely rising stat ceiling in the form of grifts.

Far greater reason to play now than Vanilla.
>>
>>342369294
Indeed and that would be okay, if Crate would have paid attention and not copy all the little mistakes TQ had.
I also dont like their logic on specific things, especially stash room, considering the variety of possible, while not optimal builds and the amount of sets and legos, its only logical to get more space for testing builds and stuff, but no, you are limited to shit for shared stashes.

And their reasoning for not adding more room is "old school feeling".
Great thing shame that argument sucks ass when the game is riddled with stuff that wasnt in old school rpgs.
>>
>>342370002
Seasons are on a server separate from the normal one and cannot interact with non seasonal characters. Seasons also reset every three months and each one offers vanity items and access to the newer legendaries (which get put on the base line server once the season in question ends).

It's more of a reason to start completely fresh for people that already have several geared characters and a paragon level in the thousands. Everyone starts at the same level and it's usually a rush to see who gets the highest Grift level.
>>
With all the patches and shit D3 is actually reasonably fun.

It works for me because I never played it until last week. Didn't have to live through the previous itemization or auction house or inferno or rifts bullshit.
>>
>>342370032
not the guy you quoted but I disagree.
currently its way too easy to fully gear out on full ancient items, Iam talking about like 1-2 weeks top and from there on out the only thing you could do is farming the paragon points and mostly only in groups because the current meta doesnt allow anything else if you want to stay competitive. being competitive is the whole reason why you grind paragon in the first place isnt it?

d3 vanilla had a much flatter gear curve. I spend like 700hours in the first 6months of vanilla on grinding and I still wasnt geared out completely on one single character.

the whole motivation was doing the runs, hoping for that one single drop that could be a good sell/upgrade (and also champion level or whatever the fuck it was called back than).

atm its just mindlessly grinding paragon, hack some groups dont even finish the grift bosses just so their xp/h is higher because bosses take too much time. so they dont even get gear/shards, its just straight up xp.

dont get me started on the whole party only 3x support, 1x damage meta.
>>
>>342362302
Just blow all your blood shards on the slot you have the lowest thing in.
Pull the slot machine enough and you might eventually get that green belt you need for instance.
>>
went back to d3 after many years and it's bretty fun with ROS but I feel it's too easy to get cool gear...? i like gambling, rifts, and adventure mode and finding gear now better than vanilla

fuck though it is insanely boring to level up solo. there are barely people leveling in season right now

still debating if diablo 2 is better to play
>>
>>342370702
>only 3x support, 1x wizard

Fixed.
>>
>>342370970
yeah.
but lets wait what the new "rebalance" will bring us in the next patch.
It would be 3x support + 1x barb/monk/crusader/dh

so much build/group play diversity...
>>
>>342370702
>dont get me started on the whole party only 3x support, 1x damage meta.
Next patch is doing away with that, read PTR notes.
>>
I've never touched D3 because, you know, it looked horrible when it came out.

But we're like 4 years out and I assume everything that would get fixed has been. Is it worth picking up on the cheap for solo play?
>>
>>342371083
we will see. blizzard take their time with important changes like that.

its not like I will play anyway even if the game ends up solo>mp(which will NEVER happen, just because of the xp mp bonus which WILL stay).

there is also the bot problem which blizzard dont want to adress and please dont link me some retarded banwaves which only happen 1x per year and only affects like 1% of the people who bot.
>>
>>342371070
I give you barb and Dh, mainly because wiz/DH were always near the top.
Barb is possible aswell, but that would require more charges for raekor build or higher damage output on WW bards.

Monk and Crusader are never going to fly, monks skill system is all over the place with to much support skills and crusader just isnt mobile enough, blessed hammers dont work in fast Grifts and everything else has to high CDs.
I also like how you havent mentioned Witchdocter but he is still garbage, at least theres a vaible pet build now ...
>>
>>342371430
>I also like how you havent mentioned Witchdocter

wasnt even on purpose
I actually forgot that this shit class exists and I have 2000+ hours clocked since vanilla release.
thats reallys sad.
>>
>>342371690
>thats reallys sad.
I like how blizz was able to make every class a fun leveling experience, but endgame is so shit for some until you get some items and even THEN some excel at what they do.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.