[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has the overwatch hype already died down? less viewers than dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11
File: twitch.png (1 MB, 933x846) Image search: [Google]
twitch.png
1 MB, 933x846
has the overwatch hype already died down? less viewers than dead by daylight.
>>
>>342337671

Why do you care how many viewbots a game has on a stream site?
>>
>>342337671
Doesnt matter, you can't see foreign countries. Plus usually CSGO is over Dota and it has 1/2 of Dotas population. People watch Streamers, not games
>>
>>342337671
>CSGO less than ogrewatch
wow
>>
>>342339125
> 4 year old game has less viewers than fotm moba shooter
Weeeeeeew....csgotards?????????????
>>
>>342339308
Overwatch is very similar to TF2 and shouldn't really have that much viewers since level and skill aren't that much of a factor in the game.
CSGO only really got popular the last two years so there's that.
>>
>>342337671
It needs competitive mode with elite players to flash there rank to build up a fanbase like QTPIE in shit.

It's just the beginning.

Let's be honest if a game was popular they would be playing it not watching it.
>>
>Minecraft only has 11k viewers
>therefore its not the most played game of all time
>>
File: 1465872101806.png (599 KB, 916x916) Image search: [Google]
1465872101806.png
599 KB, 916x916
>>342337671
>COD and Minecraft have the least amount of viewers out of all the games

Does that mean those games are dead?!?
>>
>>342337671
b-but battleborn!
>>
people are just busy playing it u pleb
>>
>>342339423
>skill aren't that much of a factor in the game
Have you ever played TF2?
>>
>>342337671
The top streamers decide, which game has the most views. Look at the Overwatch streamers and you see, the the top 10 streamers make like 90 % of the views.

Battleborn would even be no.1 if the top streamers would play Battleborn.
>>
Nomrie/People want more to play overwatch, don't watch it
>>
>>342337671
Who cares? All of these games are shit anyway.
>>
>>342342605
>popular games are bad abloo bloo
>>
>>342342690
>if a game is popular it's automatically good
>>
>>342343293
in many cases.. yes but i would rephrase it into: if a popular game stays popular
>>
>>342337671
Well it's the middle of the day in Europe and early morning in US on a Wednesday so I don't really what you're trying to get at.
Also one (1) Overwatch streamer is pulling those numbers alone when he's streaming.
>>
>>342343537
>COD is the best franchise ever made

Alright fąm
>>
>>342343558
>Well it's the middle of the day in Europe and early morning in US on a Wednesday.
How is that relevant at all?
>>
I can't see Blizzard ever allowing players to make their own mods and community servers like Valve does with csgo and tf2.
It's really a shame and will give a large portion of players less incentive to spend time on their game.
>>
>>342338146
>Plus usually CSGO is over Dota and it has 1/2 of Dotas population
Shooters in general are a lot easier to watch than Dota for normal people.
There's a reason why CSGO actually has TV league right now but not Dota or LOL.
>>
>>342343904
>How is that relevant at all?
Really?
Guess I'll explain the obvious: it's not the hours of the day that brings out the most viewers.
>>
>>342344249
Except OP didn't say anything about viewers.
Reading comprehension, friend.
>>
>>342341547
>>342340119
>>342337810
I don't think you understand this game was to be to shooters what Hearthstone was to virtual card games. But it's not, it failed, and here you are damage controlling because you don't wanna admit /v/ was right and the game really did die in a month.
>>
>A casual shooter with no depth

Yeah, makes sense.

Its like WOW, if you set the skill ceiling so fucking low everyone quits in a matter of weeks.
>>
>>342344563
please remove this post
>>
>>342344687
Dead game.
>>
>>342337671

People are playing and not watching.
>>
>>342344279
What are you even one about? To me you're starting to sound like a retard picking a fight. Care to act a bit more normal?

OP is as followed:
>has the overwatch hype already died down? less viewers than dead by daylight.
>less viewers
With a picture of a twitch page showing viewers.
>>
It's dead. Another shit game like Heroes of the Storm that lets premades stomp solo queues.
>>
>less viewers than a new release
crazy.
still has 6x more watchers than Battleborn has players.
>>
>>342345029
>b-b-bbbUT BATTLEBORN

Why do overcucks always try to distract?
>>
>>342345029
>Son you are failing all your courses, your GPA is 0.1, and all your teachers hate you
"A-at least I'm better than the special kid in the back!!"
>>
>>342344852
Lol you're retarded.
You're trying to use time of day as an argument despite OP never claiming it has X amount of viewers, only that it has less viewers than other games, which are also affected by time of day.
I guess not everyone can be born smart and inquisitive.
>>
File: 1466556957519.jpg (492 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466556957519.jpg
492 KB, 1600x1200
What is Dead by Daylight?
>>
Why would you watch Overwatch streams constantly though? The game is easy enough that there's no real incentive to follow "pro" streams to learn shit like item builds and advanced stuff.
I'd guess most people are either just playing or they followed release streams and found out they didn't like the game
>>
>>342345253
It's so cute, I want one of those fat fuckers.
>>
File: The Entity.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
The Entity.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>342345253
>>
File: 1459800969322.png (1 MB, 842x770) Image search: [Google]
1459800969322.png
1 MB, 842x770
>>342344563
Who hurt you, anon?
>>
>>342345495
the fuck is this?
>>
also dota/league/hearthstone/dead by daylight is mostly tournaments in the moba standpoint and dead by daylight and hearthstone is camwhores/viewbots why does /v/ take stream view numbers as the ammount of people playing the game
>>
>>342345801

Wow, she is pretty cute. Where is she from?
>>
>>342346037
Serbian Film
>>
File: image.gif (1009 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1009 KB, 500x283
>>342346037
Disneys furrytown
>>
File: nice try.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
nice try.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>342345991
video game
>>
>>342345801
>that bunny
>>
>>342345495
This game is
DOG SHIT.
O
G

S
H
I
T
>>
Just one more reason to play Battleborn instead of Overwaste.
>>
>>342345801
IWTFTB
>>
>>342341276
he means Overwatch with that statement
>>
>>342345248
How am I retarded for assuming most people are not sitting at their computers around this time of the day? Not watching games played at twitch?
And did you not click the image which was probably taken just before OP made the post showing us the "X amount of viewers"?

I guess I'm fighting retards now.
>>
>>342345991
dead by daylight
>>
>>342343537
woah
you're like the wrongest person to ever visit this board
>>
File: Escape hatch.webm (3 MB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
Escape hatch.webm
3 MB, 1000x562
>>342346163
it's pretty fun but it's so badly balanced in the survivor's favour.
>>
>he plays games based on popularity
>>
>>342346263
>completely ignoring my post
shouldn't have expected a dumbass to read I guess
>>
>>342344563
hahaha /V/ wins again!!! doesnt matter that it sold 10 million copies in 2 weeks, it faield cause it has less viewers on twitch that hearthstone (blizznoobs other game)!!!!
>>
>>342346686
you know what else sold 10 million copies (if that's even true)
titanfall
and evolve
and division
and battlefront
>>
>>342346686
>10 million
So it sold significantly less than the yearly COD installment and less than Battlefront?
>>
>>342346686
>this mad
priceless
>>
>>342346686
Get mad and stay mad blizzbro.
>>
>>342346529
You're not making much sense. I addressed your post but you on the other hand is typing vague bullshit.
Can you just act normal, if you actually have a point to prove?
I'll give you another chance (and last word which you probably care much about) to reply with something understandable or I'm done with you.
>>
>>342347330
fuck off retard
>>
File: trump builds a wall.jpg (334 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
trump builds a wall.jpg
334 KB, 1920x1080
>>342337671
>Dead by daylight has more people watching a twitch stream than actually playing the game

what went wrong
>>
>>342344563
Dude, nothing is trying to be Hearthstone. Not even Hearthstone was trying to be Hearthstone.
>>
File: kekaroo.png (839 KB, 839x681) Image search: [Google]
kekaroo.png
839 KB, 839x681
>>342345253
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

Game is really unbalanced and has loads of bugs. Not to mention the piss matchmaking and rank system (you can win the match but still rank down, players can disconnect/ALT-F4 mid-game to avoid losing rank, etc.), no party system for playing with your friends

Bugs like not being able to get helped up (rusty chain is bugged), being downed near an interactive objects (like a window or closet) can prevent the killer from picking you up, disconnecting during an animation will cause the killer to get frozen, etc.
>>
>>342337671
I believe so. If anything, the open beta shows (to me atleast) that Overwatch did attracted a big number of people even after the open beta (but not big enough to have more sales than Titanfall I believe) but sooner or later, it's gonna go stale because the game itself is mediocore at best and for some reason, I got the Evolve feeling from this game.

During my time in open beta, I noticed that the gameplay was a big unbalanced thing and I don't mean it by saying that one character is OP or not, I mean that the game feels like a free for all gone wrong.

I don't mind that each character has their own abilities and all that but the problem with things like that is that you have to atleast balance each character in a way that every characters' number of pros and cons are equal and anyone can pick whoever they want without thinking too much about counter picking. From what I see during the beta, it seems like almost every character has no equal numbers of pros and cons and by the end of the day, the game turns into ""who can counter pick more".

And speaking of gameplay, I noticed that some characters can wall dash, wall climb and etc. That's neat and all but that shit can hinder the game itself. If I recall, someone posted a link that leads to an interview with a dev in Blizzard stating that they won't add specific game modes because reasons. I don't recall what game modes to be exact and all that and I'm not even sure if that's real at all but from what I see, some characters can break certain game modes. I can imagine CTF maps filled with tracers and all that shit. It's because of abilities like that, it's hard to make game modes like those without some heavy changing to some characters in order for those characters not being abused to those kind of game modes.

Aside from that, there are some things that possibly killed Overwatch. Lack of proper game modes, bad map designs, the 20 ticks, and no power to make our own personalized servers are some.
>>
>>342337671
>less viewers than dead by daylight.

yeah..? dead by daylight is the obligatory "le flavor of the month online survival game xD" that streamers dickride for literally 30 days on the nose then everyone forgets about.

overwatch battles hearthstone, dota, and csgo regularly in twitch viewers, when are ppl on /v/ gonna stop cherrypicking screenshots of overwatch having less viewers than these games and using it as proof that it's dying?
>>
>>342343293
Neither of you fags are even giving real arguments.
>>
>>342337671
It never existed it was purely being propped up by streamers who would get lots of viewers regardless of what game they played
>>
>>342349675
>Lack of proper game modes, bad map designs, the 20 ticks, and no power to make our own personalized servers are some.

Nobody but /v/ gives a shit about any of this stuff, and that's mostly subjective anyway. If you want to think of reasons why an extremely casual shooter has begun to dwindle in popularity, try looking into departments that casual fps players actually care about.
>>
>>342346686
Chinks aren't people anon.
>>
I just finished a really fun play session in Overwatch.

How are these twitch numbers relevant again?
>>
File: pajeet posters.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pajeet posters.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
view botting
>>
>viewers
Neo /v/ at it again.
>>
Literally everyone who posts on here trying to insist the game has failed is bitter that they're too poor to afford it

Twitch viewers aren't a metric for how good a game is. Hearthstone always does well because you can watch while playing and there's a lot of downtime, the people who would be watching overwatch are playing it instead
>>
Dead by daylight is brand new and it's basically a game designed to cash in on let's plays and streaming
>>
>called overwatch
>noone is watching it

Uhhh, overtards?
>>
>>342350347
This looks like a cool job, desu.
>>
>>342337671
>it's only good if everyone look at some stream and is not playing at all

fucking retard
>>
>>342346686
10 million players, not sales
>>
>>342350973
I can afford the game but the question is, do I believe the price of the game justifies the contents it has, especially when compared to other games? My answer to that is no.

Let's say we compare TF2 and Overwatch.

TF2's price back then was $20 at best plus it goes on sale and shit like that. It has some better details like the character's personalities, gives us the ability to make custom maps and our very own (heavily) customizable servers, has maps that aren't poorly made (more than 1 exit is a blessing, especially on the offense team), has more gamemodes, good OST, and a gameplay that can hold fun longer and feels a bit more balanced (to me anyway)

Overwatch costs $40-60. It doesn't grant us the ability to make custom maps and (heavily) customizable servers, characters whose only good thing is the appearance but feels like it has no soul and personality, maps with not so good designs (I mean, almost all of them only has one exit), forgettable OST, Only has 4 gamemodes (TF2 has the whole carnival thing. As far as I know, Overwatch only has arcade mode and shit like that which only gives random number changes like lower cooldown on ULTs), and has a gameplay that holds fun for a short time and doesn't quite feel too balanced when compared to TF2 (for me anyway)

With those things in mind, spending $20 for TF2 (hell, it's free today or the very least, costs $5 for premium) feels more better than spending $40-60 on Overwatch.
>>
>>342352881
>comparing tf2 after 9 years to overwatch at launch

Love this meme. I'm also pretty sure it's the same retard doing it every time (ie you).
>>
>>342349682
>When will /v/ stop being a bunch of retards arguing with Twitch views

Never. Simply never.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.