[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when everybody hated Steam? >Steam is buggy as fuck,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Steam.png (30 KB, 961x479) Image search: [Google]
Steam.png
30 KB, 961x479
Remember when everybody hated Steam?

>Steam is buggy as fuck, the friends list is off and on, nobody would use this
>what kind of fucking company sells games digitally? It's anti consumer! Where's my fucking physical copy, Valve?
>WHY THE FUCK WOULD I GET STEAM WHEN IN TWO WEEKS THE PIRATES WOULD CRACK IT!? SAME SHIT! LOOK PEOPLE'S CD KEYS ALREADY CANT BE USED IN STEAM BECUZ PIRATES STOLE THEM
>STEAM IS CANCER FORCING SHIT TO MY PC WITH PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE!! FUCK
>steam is gonna die off in a few years tops even with HL2 I swear this is valve's biggest mistake

Well, admittedly I was one of them.
>>
>majority of physical copies now are just steam placeholders

I still do desu
>>
>>342240376
>Remember when everybody hated Steam?

Remember when Microsoft tried to turn console gaming into PC gaming with the Xbox One?
>>
>what kind of fucking company sells games digitally? It's anti consumer! Where's my fucking physical copy, Valve?
Opinions swayed the opposite way once you could get games for chump change and people felt like buying them instead of pirating
>>
>>342240586
Gaming-Module in pic related must have stopped playing video games 8 years ago.
>>
>>342240376
I hope Gaming-Module is having fun with his new non-videogame hobbies.
>>
>>342240705
I was ok with it as xbox/ps3 owner i thought itd be kinda cool plus the xbone had the family share thing
>>
Poor, poor souls. They didn't know the horrible future that was waiting for them
>>
>>342240705
Now they're turning PC gaming into console gaming with Windows 10 kek.
>>
>>342240376
Most of those complaints still hold true, they're just muffled by all the hatfags and gambling retards.
>>
I REMEMBA A THING

wow fucking kill yourself who cares

yes steam used to be fucking worthless and once only existed to further split up the gldsrc playerbase
>>
File: Steam2.png (7 KB, 953x114) Image search: [Google]
Steam2.png
7 KB, 953x114
>>342241582
I just feel nostalgic about it is all.
You don't have to be so mad about it.
>>
File: 1440448456865.png (358 KB, 478x564) Image search: [Google]
1440448456865.png
358 KB, 478x564
>>342240376
It's pretty handy and has so many games now. I'll keep using it.

But being forced into using a DRM platform does suck donkey balls.
>>
>>342240376
Then they added achievements, trading cards and a social platform and blew up
>>
>>342240376
I still dislike it.

My internet is shit, and even though I turn off automatic updates (I have to do this individually for every game, what the fuck why is there no global option?) every so often it just has a "required update" and I can't play it without downloading all the big ass updates I had been avoiding.
It's basically a necessary evil for me, I don't really hate it as it is convenient but it worries me how people ride steams dick all day.
>>
>>342242234
All updates are mandatory. If you disable updates all it does is avoid downloading them automatically, but when you try running the game it will tell you to update or fuck off.
The "disable automatic updates" is hugely misleading.
>>
>>342242113
Is Steam really a social platform? I don't see it as one.
>>
>>342240376
First months were fucking shit
>>
>>342240376
>Remember when everybody hated Steam?
I still don't use steam
>>
>>342241258
And they failed yet again just like with GFWL.
http://www.pcgamer.com/phil-spencer-says-microsoft-will-ship-games-on-steam-again/
>>
>>342240376
I miss when manuals had actually interesting information to read and backstory.
>>
>>342243231
I miss when manuals were more than just a card telling you how to redeem the game on Steam.
>>
>>342243231
Me too, brother. I miss when to actually know how to play the game you needed to read manuals.
>>
>>342243305
I like the way 3DS does it
>>
>>342243052
There's nothing that points to MS games being Steamworks DRM on there. They'll probably do like Ubisoft and use Steam as a retailer, then run their own DRM on their games.
>>
>>342240376
>that post by gaming module
rip in reeses pieces you poor bastard
>>
>>342243305
Our hobby dying a slow death friend. Perhaps some day we shall be saved by a 'chosen one'but the chances are slim and the games only becoming more simplistic
>>
You are now aware that if steam hadn't happened we would now be stuck with GFWL
>>
>>342242624
yeah but it's full of faggots ERPing each other as anime girls
>>
>>342245134
There are some indie RPGs that still have detailed manuals like Grimrock
>>
>>342245772
Dominions 4 has a thousand page manual written by a neurosurgeon, but it's still a tiny indie game.
>>
>>342240376
I still kinda hate it. Wish I could play DaS without it.
>>
>>342240376
>implying anyone here was even alive when Steam first launched
>>
>>342245397
so it's basically just 4chan then. good to know
>>
>>342240376

So, would you say you've got a pretty good swing after 12 years?
>>
>>342246158
In my day we used this thing called xfire, Anon.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.