[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to replay DMC3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: dmc_hd_ps3-pack-front_pegi.jpg (450 KB, 1601x1831) Image search: [Google]
dmc_hd_ps3-pack-front_pegi.jpg
450 KB, 1601x1831
Is this the best option for that?
>>
yes, or emulated
>>
>>342223934
PC version has sweet mods.
>>
>>342223934
yes
>>
>>342224139
but I heard this port was a disaster
>>
>>342223934
Don't buy the digital version, for some reason the one you can buy in PS Store freezes. Go buy a physical copy. Don't buy the PC version either, it works like shit.
>>
>>342224410
>>342224424
it can be fixed

the style switcher mod makes it the best.
>>
>>342224450
I honestly don't recommend support a company that does a shitty port just because someone else fixed their problems.
>>
>>342223934
some of the very small things were taken out in that remaster

> loading screen minigame
> kalina ann rope move

not sure about two-player mode, it definitely doesn't work on PC
>>
>>342224610
I really don't give a fuck. Why are you buying PC games anyway you autist? Pirate it.
>>
>>342224775
Because somehow I kind of respect the people who develop games. I'm not a leech like you.
>>
>>342224850
You're an autistic faggot who won't play games that work actually. You aren't respected any developer buying ancient games, you're just wasting your money.
>>
>>342224850

Then buy the PS3 version and pirate the PC one you autist. That way you can feel good that they already have your money before you weep tenderly over the thought of committing the heinous and evil act of downloading infinitely copyable files from the internet.
>>
>>342225030
So, just because I respect people I'm an autist? Good, I'm glad to be an autist and not a leech.
>>
File: mad.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>342224615
>loading screen minigame removed
>>
>>342224450
Doesn't that mod literally take out all music and cutscenes?
>>
>>342225312
no
>>
>>342225312
Kinda. Most of the slowdown comes from a set of background music, so if you remove those most of the framerate issue are fixed. However, not all, and the modder provided an option to disable the sound engine altogether, which gets rid of any slowdown. Also, PC version is missing a bunch of other effects, like lighting, and the mod doesn't fix them, it tries to provide substitutes, so it's not bad, but it's not the same.
>>
Yeah. The PC port is still pretty busted even with the mod, but the style switching really breaks the balance & design of the game and you shouldn't be playing with that unless you've beaten the game a million times and want to dazzle your friends with little combos or shit.
>>
>>342224850
hello reddiit!
>>
>>342224410
The port is fine.

I have 3 playthroughs of DMC3:SE on PC with a fucking keyboard, so I would know.
>>
>>342223934
replaying this,DMC 22 is suprinsingly god awful
>piss easy because you have all the previous upgrate
>waist your time with the rocket laucher
>unchallenging long bosses everywhere.
>shit plot
>shit ending
then dmc 3 is straight up CUHRAYZEE
>>
File: wtf diddy.png (207 KB, 465x452) Image search: [Google]
wtf diddy.png
207 KB, 465x452
>>342230628
dmc 2*
>>
>>342224615
I forgot, why did they remove the rope move?
>>
Get the HD collection, don't listen to the PC retards (I own both versions as well as PS2 original) and the PC version CANNOT be fixed with mods.

You can never get the lighting and shadows properly fixed on PC version, the Style Switcher mod provides a half assed substitute for them that looks better than the base PC port but it still looks considerably worse than PS2/HD collection and is missing plenty of effects.
The only reason to even play it on PC is said Style Switcher mod to switch styles DMC4-style but that also breaks the game balance.

Play the HD collection honestly.
>>
PC version is a wreck
Emulated with PCSX2 is okay though
>>
>>342230804
Balance issues supposedly, and the loading screen minigame was removed because Bamco fucking patented loading screen minigames and owns said patent so nobody can use loading screen minigames anymore unless they publish their game under Bamco or pay Bamco gorillions for licensing the patent.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.