[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WWE 2K and Smackdown vs Raw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: svr.jpg (45 KB, 320x458) Image search: [Google]
svr.jpg
45 KB, 320x458
Does anyone else like the WWE games even though it's very simple and you can't innovate anymore with them.

It's pretty much a wrestling sandbox game with all the creation options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6IYy_fhVE&feature=youtu.be

Also general WWE game nostalgia thread
>>
SYM for the roster
HCTP for the gameplay

the season was on par with both of them
>>
DOR 1 and 2 are my favorites gameplay wise. The simulator style isn't as fun
>>
>>342222106
I like universe mode but it is simmy which takes away from the point of the game which is beating the shit out of your ooponent
>>
I have no problem with the sim approach if it's done well.

Double team attacks are still shit for example, even No Mercy had a proper 3D drop without entering in grapple mode, that was in the year 2000, that just means Yukes are horrible developers.
>>
Did anyone play wcw vs nwo on N64? Me and a buddy were trying to figure out if "pressing buttons" while stunned on the floor actually helps you get up quicker or if it was just automatic.
>>
>>342223198
>Double Attacks are still shit

If done out of context
>>
I fucking loved Know Your Role, Shut Your Mouth, Here Comes the Pain and Raw 2. Raw 2's gameplay was shit, but the Season mode was great because you could play it with 2 players and you could use your own theme musics.
>>
SvR 08 is literal perfection for a wrestling game
>>
>>342223828
ECW 2nd incarnation when it felt like real EC Dub
>>
>>342223542
Both tag team moves and grapple moves are good it's true but the lack of automatic D-team moves like in DoR after 12 years is a major bummer for me.
>>
I can't remember how many CAW slots HCTP had, but I created most of the wrestlers from ROH and PWG roster in that game. Funny that like 70% of those guys are or has been in WWE now.
>>
All stars is fun as fuck and I want them to make a game where the wrestlers have super powers based on their gimmicks.
>>
Becky Lynchs armpits
>>
File: I'm the boss of this war.jpg (87 KB, 758x537) Image search: [Google]
I'm the boss of this war.jpg
87 KB, 758x537
>>342223947

>Wrestling styles in SvR

Felt so good being a dirty heel
>>
File: sandman08.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sandman08.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
>>342224123
>>
SvR2006 is the best one that I know of. Intuitive control scheme and it doesn't do stupid shit like not letting you accidentally fall off cages and shit.

I think some of the really old ones on PS1 or N64 maybe were really good too. The ones not made by Yuke's with thousands of different moves that were all customiseable. I wish there was something like that on a newer engine. Seems like it could be the best wrestling game ever. They were called AKI I think.
>>
>>342221461
The last one I played was SVR 2009 and it was okay
>>
Don't know what they did, but they slowed the pace of the matches down over the years and the story mode of 2k16 is almost two times longer than 2k15 because of the way you have to work to a title match.
>>
>>342224049
They did. It was a shitty mobile game fighter.
>>
The MAIN issue with the 2K games that is always overlooked is that they are using an old engine. Long ass loadtimes, clunky physics and gameplay, etc. The day they drop the last gen consoles entirely and use a modern engine is the day WWE games will be great again.
>>
File: wwe here comes the pain.jpg (3 MB, 3241x2145) Image search: [Google]
wwe here comes the pain.jpg
3 MB, 3241x2145
I hate what SvR did to the series. Before that it was all about the characters and wrasslin, and because there were no voice acting the career mode was full of surprises. I played the SmackDown! games religiously, but I stopped at SvR 2007 because it was just awful and played like shit on PS2.

I picked up WWE2k14 last year from bargain bin for xbox360 and it was pretty cool in gameplay and character creation, but goddamn was I pisses off when I learned that the season mode is a removed feature and hasn't been around in WWE games for a while now. It was the next best feature and having your own wrestler in WWE season mode was fucking badass.

The new wrasslin' games also miss those big open backrooms the old games had. I remember in Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain where you could go in the streets, jump from buildings etc. all kinds of over the top crazy stuff. The building jumps, helicopters etc. were obviously removed when the games took a step away from arcade and a step to more realistic wrestling, but I wish they could at least have the arena backrooms.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.