[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the power of unity. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: images (2).jpg (15 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
15 KB, 512x288
This is the power of unity. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GXI0l3yqBrA&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>342221236
This was pretty cool. Looked like a real movie. Too bad no game will achive this kind of look without being some kind of movie-game shit like heavy rain or some stupid shit.

Also, a question. Why does everyone shit on Unity games? Am I missing something here?
>>
>>342221676

>Also, a question. Why does everyone shit on Unity games? Am I missing something here?

A few notable kickstarter games use the Unity engine, earlier versions of it, and they use it poorly.

Thus it's been tainted by association rather than any actual flaws.
>>
>>342221236
I really like the designs.
Game with those robots on stilts when?
>>
>>342221676
>Why does everyone shit on Unity games?
Outdated meme
Old unity versions were pretty fucking bad, 5 is great however
>>
>>342221676
unity gets a bad rap because it is very easy to use and free so there have been a lot of low quality indie games released using it
>>
>>342221676
A version of Unity is free to use so lots of shitty devs use it and harm its reputation.

It is in fact possible to make a good, stable vidya with Unity.
>>
File: Conan.png (700 KB, 1141x582) Image search: [Google]
Conan.png
700 KB, 1141x582
The designs for all of the androids (or cyborgs) look fantastic, I wish there'd be a game featuring them.
>>
Why do tech demos have the best designs?
>>
>>342224060
They're probably cyborgs, considering the heavy breathing, the main one looking at his hand and face with surprise and trying to take the mask off
>>
>>342221676
Name one good looking game that uses Unity Engine
you cant
>>
>>342221236
>100GB+ of textures/high poly models
>internet is the means of acquiring games today
>common pc gamer uses a laptop or dinosaur setup
yeah we aren't getting a game with this amount of detail any time soon.

where's the demo and why can't we try it?
>>
>>342221236
You could do this shit in mspaint if you were really fucking determined. Just because you make in un-interactive experience or video form of something doesn't mean the capabilities of something are so great.

You could do the same with UE but it wouldn't be a pillar of the outstanding capabilities of an engine. Even if it's running real-time why should anyone's jaw be floored if it's more dependent on great hardware than average?

It's a great video but the only thing about this that should be praised is the dedication of the artists who created it. Not the tools used.

The only thing that comes from an artist praising their tools is idiots who paint murals with their fingers and the menstrual discharge.
>>
>>342222954
pic unrelated?
>>
>>342226159
Monument Valley
Ori and the Blind Forest
Endless Legend
>>
Really enjoyed it, thank your for sharing OP
>>
>>342221236
Great
>>
File: pamela.jpg (789 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pamela.jpg
789 KB, 1920x1080
>>342226159
P.A.M.E.L.A
>>
>First shot
>that blur, burned white and glow
I get they want to show-off their post-processing but still, there's a point when too much is too much.
>>
>>342226752
legal copyright, unity doesn't have a studio to develop this animations and need to go outsourcing.
>>
File: fujin_and_raijin_by_omuk-d7225sa.jpg (478 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
fujin_and_raijin_by_omuk-d7225sa.jpg
478 KB, 1024x1536
The duo reminded me of a pic I saw ages ago.
>>
>>342226752
Maybe it's time for physical copies to make a comeback
>>
>>342221236

>all that fucking blur
>>
>>342221676
Retards blaming the medium and not the one using it.

Fucking liberals.
>>
>>342225471
Because they're tech demos.

They don't go for practicality.
>>
>>342228237
What's this from?
Looks cool.
>>
I have a soft spot for these sort of character designs. Wish they would do something with it beyond just a tech demo.
>>
Too bad no game will ever achieve those graphics because Unity is only used by indie devs and indie devs have a very small programming team (in fact most of the cases it's only one or 2 guys), which is why many prefer to stick to 16-bit graphics and focus on gameplay.
>>
>>342226159
The Forest
>>
>>342226752
If 3-4 years isn't "anytime soon" then sure
>>
>>342225990
It's says Felony on those LED screens they got in chest.
They are probably convicts put in to androids.
>>
I'm getting some Trigun/Desert Punk vibe from this short, game when?
>>
>>342233828
This. Combined with this post: >>342225990
The idea is probably:
>prisoners put in cyborg bodies
>kept in stasis in a prison
>released when these two chuckle fucks come around to pick them up
>???
>profit
There seems to be no real rhyme or reason otherwise. They seem to go directly from being thawed to being "freed." The guards and alarms seem to show the prison doesn't want to fuck with the robot guys, so perhaps it's some form of tribute?

Probably doesn't matter, I have no idea if they're planning to do anything further with this.
>>
what if robots had feelings
>>
>>342221236
Why are they breathing? Are they cyborgs or robots?
>>
>>342232564
don´t bother it´s unused concept art for a game

the actual sadly game went for an completely different style
>>
>>342235890
Horizon: Zero Dawn, wasn't it? I recall seeing this in one of the few threads of that I checked out. A quick search doesn't seem to link the two, though.

Seems like a pretty big shift in design philosophy, honestly. All the enemies are still robots, I guess, but they're all animal things and the MC is a human and from tribes of humans. Oh well.
>>
>>342236234
I think the first concept for the Zero Dawn was about alien nations having a hunting competition (like the Olympic games of space) with costumizable characters and all

then some Sony suit saw a concept art where a woman was hunting with a bow and they were really pushed hard to make it female protagonist only after the success of Hunger Games.

After that they kinda had to think more serious about adding a story (like I said it was first supposed to be a very slim story about different nations going for a hunt) so they came up with the caveman tribes hunting robots because that mix of old ways vs new technology also fit well with the hunger games theme
>>
>>342235194
They're probably convicts with consciousness transferred into manufactured androids as the main character seem distraught and tried to remove his android mask off.
>>
what if robots were actually people

what if when we die, we become robots
>>
>>342236995
You've got to be kidding me.
>>
>>342237407
sadly no

which is way I´m not gonna buy it.
to bad the original design of an open world monster hunter with scifi elements looked so cool
>>
>>342221236
Jew shit video is obious? this is exodus.
>>
>>342221236
This some naruto shit
>>
>>342221236
>Machines with no respiratory system making breathing noises

You haven't thought this through.
>>
>>342221236
Bandage Face and Fatman are so fucking. Bets for BF being a weak top?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.