[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain, why /v/ hates Dorian so much? >Good and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10
File: Dorian-new2.png (980 KB, 709x1062) Image search: [Google]
Dorian-new2.png
980 KB, 709x1062
Can someone explain, why /v/ hates Dorian so much?
>Good and pretty funny character
>Doesn't even mention that he is faggot if you don't force him to say this(which is rare for the wrpg and jrpg)
>>
>>342211905
I think it's mainly the mustache and the voice. It just seems ridiculous and out of place in a fantasy setting. Zevran in DA:I fit much better.
>>
Because EA and Bioware couldn't stop talking about gay he was in the marketing and didn't bother to expand on any of his actual character.
>>
>>342211905
I love Dorian, personally. His manners and voice are just funny
>>
He was a pretty good character, iused him. elf bitch was just as bad as people say though.
>>
>>342211905
yeah nah dorian allgood
>>
>>342211905

I don't think he needs to say it. He's obviously Gaider's husbando, we've already seen what he did with Anomen.

But most of all this
>>342212103
>>
I hate him because I am associated with him by default of sharing his name
>>
>>342213215
LOOK AT HIM HE'S GAY ?
>>
>>342213215
Wow, I feel sorry for you man
Being named like that is almost as bad as being born under Taurus sign, loser until you die
>>
Dorian's cool but a LOT of journalists were like LOOK OMG HE'S GAY AMAZING! And it got really repetitive and annoying.

In The Last of Us I didn't even fucking know Bill was gay until my Grounded run.
>>
>>342211905
I liked him. Was one of my favorite characters in the game.
>>
Christ, that is some greasy ass skin
Also what is with that facial hair?
>>
No one hates him. There have been plenty of Inquisition threads with people shitting all over that game and Bioware's SJW attitude in general. No one even mentioned Dorian.
>>
>>342211905

/v/ doesn't hate Dorian, they just hate the game. No Anon can tell you with a straight face that Dorian is a poorly written character.
>>
File: understood.gif (883 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
understood.gif
883 KB, 500x269
>>342211905
>play DAO blind
>my favorite character is Zevran
>turns out he is gay

>play DAI blind
>my favorte character is Dorian
>turns out he is gay
>>
>>342213620
Zevran is bi though. He's just a big ol' slut.
>>
>>342211905
He was obviously design to be the gay guy. His personality may be good but his design is awful
>>
>doesn't even mention

his whole personal quest is him being mad at his dad for trying to blood magic the gay away. I don't hate him but I don't like him. I think zevran is more obnoxious. and sera probably one of the worst characters to ever be in an rpg.
>>
Whoever designed Sera needs to be fired because she's annoying as shit and I have to look away from the screen because her face is so disgusting.
>>
>>342211905
if you play a female he's doesn't even mention he's gay
>>
>>342211905
>Good
>Doesnt even mention he is a fag
>His quest is literally about how his daddy doesnt love him because hes gay and tried to make him straight with blood magic

Is that some advanced trolling where you pretend that you are a retard?
>>
>>342213927
Too bad, it's impossible to make not ugly female character there
>>
It's not that hard anon
>>
>>342214024
maybe if you have weeb standards
>>
>>342213839

Can't you kill/not recruit her?
>>
>>342214014
>>342213747
Again, if you don't insist, he never mentions "gay" part, even in his personal quest
I wonder why did you pray so much into details? Maybe because you was interested in him being gay?
>>
I fuckin hate his mustache
apart from that, I can't really hate a character from a game I never played
>>
>>342214146
you can ignore her recruiting quest and even if you do you can still just leave her at the fortress (HQ)
>>
>>342212103
This anon is correct.

I thought in this case being gau was actually relevant to his character arc because it involves running from an arranged marriage.
>>
>>342214146
Yeah, you can refuse to let her join after meeting her. If you let her join you can then tell her to leave at any time after that. Same with Iron Bull, Cole, and Blackwall though Blackwall's option is after a certain quest or right when you meet him. Not sure about the rest. Can't get rid of Cassandra, Varric, or Solas though. I think you can reject everyone but those three from joining you.
>>
He cool as fuck really
>>
>>342214209
>Insist
>Tell me more about yourself
>You sure?
>Eh, sure why not.
>I AM GAY AND MY DADDY NEVER LOVED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>INSIST

Ah, I am sorry, so you are genuinely retarded then.
>>
>>342211905
>why /v/ hates Dorian so much?
/v/ only ever hated Dorian pre-release when everyone assumed he was just some token homo written in to please tumblr
>>
>>342211905
Probably because he's gay and stupid-looking.

Personally, I don't like him because he only seems to exist to infodump about his home country.
>>
File: ScreenshotWin32_0050_Final.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenshotWin32_0050_Final.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>waifuing pic related the way it was intended
>broing it up with dorian
>using the warrior advanced class that gives you big red claws as weapons to anally ravage everything
>the DLC was actually really good, much moreso than the main game

Inquisition was alright for the most part, just a shame only like 2 characters got actual closure in the DLC
>>
>>342211905
>Can someone explain, why /v/ hates Dorian so much?

It was unanimously agreed that he was the only good character in that shit pile back then. Were you not here or something?
>>
>>342214896
>Romancing Josephine

Turn back before it's too fucking late.
>>
>>342211989
To be fair:
>Zevran
>Basically Fantasy Antonio Bendarez

>>342211905
I think it was just bad first impressions. The mustache and the "I am hear to save the world and look dashing" would grate people.

I suppose they're also annoyed with how "we finally get a Tevinter dude in our party and he's not a stereotypical, bloodmage Tevinter" (because, yes, I'm sure that would work out so well when you spend much of the game fighting Tevinter cultists)

I didn't mind him, I sort of did wonder why, if his father was willing to bloodmagic his son straight, if he couldn't just 'blood magic' his jizz into a girl?

I also hated his 'around the Keep' wear. He does not pull off the single shoulder/sleeve thing as well as buddhist monks do.
>>
File: da3 elf1.jpg (8 KB, 636x583) Image search: [Google]
da3 elf1.jpg
8 KB, 636x583
>>342211905
He's a faggot with daddy issues and a retarded moustache that looks like it was drawn on using MSPaint.
>>
>>342215356

Yeah and romance.......well shit.
>>
Build a powerful inquisitor character. Make him blow a mustache faggot
/thread
>>
>>342214697
>>Tell me more about yourself
>>You sure?
>>Eh, sure why not.
>>I AM GAY AND MY DADDY NEVER LOVED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Anon never played the game, for 500 Alex.
>>
>>342215356
How does it end?
>>
>>342215869
Sera or Harding if you want to be a gay female. Cullen or Iron Bull if you want to be a straight female.

Josephine is so fucking boring.

>>342216194
There's no real payoff at all. She's just incredibly boring to romance, you don't even get a sex scene out of it to make the boredom worth it.
>>
did you play the game? because both of the things you said about him are wrong

also his personal quest is coming out to his dad and explaining why being gay is totally ok and the evil cis father should feel bad for rejecting his fruity son (and of course you the player can only say varying degrees of "Yea, you tell him dorian!")

shit game, shit characters
>>
>>342215356
>>342216298
What are you on about?

Josephine is a qt
>>
>>342216457
She's cute, but her romance arc is awful.

Seriously, don't fucking do it. You'll regret it.
>>
>>342216524
Why are you warning me?

I have done every romance in the game at least once and she's by far the most sufferable
>>
>>342211905
Mc.Nuggets was okay as far as vidya faggots go.
>>
I'm coming up on 65 hours. I'm level 19, last big quest I did was the one with Hawke and Stroud at the warden fortress. Next up is saving Empress Celene. Is there anything noteworthy in the Emerald Graves or the Lion whatever french sounding place? I haven't even visited them yet. I've done every single thing in the other zones. All that's left are the endless requisitions. Feeling like I might burn out before I even beat the game. Can those two zones be skipped without missing anything good?
>>
Dorian is the best mage member by default. Your only other options are bald nigger bitch and bald whiny elf who won't put on a pair of shoes.
>>
>>342216182
But I did. And its literally like that. I didn't even pick the romance option where I expect that something like this would be brought up.

Biodrones like you are literally in denial about how shitty the writing in this series has become.
>>
File: da3 tranny2.jpg (487 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
da3 tranny2.jpg
487 KB, 1920x1080
>>342216182
You masturbated to the gay romance scenes in DA:I.
>>
>Doesn't even mention that he is faggot if you don't force him to say this(which is rare for the wrpg and jrpg)

Bigot.
>>
>>342211905
He literally has poop smeared on his upper lip.
>>
>>342211905
I dont hate Dorian. I hate Necromancers in this game. Game already shits on your damage; now you get a cc bot that not only has minions with shit hp but also has a cc move that breaks the second you sneeze on them. He is useless as Solas is a better support, cc bot, and nuker in every way
>>
You guys should just play Witcher 3.
>>
>>342211905
>>Doesn't even mention that he is faggot if you don't force him to say this(which is rare for the wrpg and jrpg)

That's not true. His whole sidequest story is about "I'M A FAGGOT AND MY FATHER HATES ME FOR SUCKING DICKS!"
>>
>>342211905
marketing materials were like
DORIAN
HES SUAVE
INTELLIGENT
NIHILISTIC
WICKED SENSE OF HUMOR
AND HES A FUCKING PETERPUFFING CHODESMOKING FAGGOT AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU ARE A HOMOPHOBE

COME TO SAN FRANCISCO PRIDE TO PLAY DRAGON AGE INQUISITION, UNLESS YOU'RE A FUCKING STRAIGHT WHITE MALE, ALL OUR CHARACTERS ARE FUCKING GAY YOU FUCKING SHITLORDS EAT MAH PERIOD
>>
File: 1466466501496.jpg (105 KB, 1120x336) Image search: [Google]
1466466501496.jpg
105 KB, 1120x336
>>342220486
Most people that plays the dragon age series and likes it doesn't seem to find the characters in Witcher series to be interesting enough
>>
>>342221854
I think the biggest irony is that the crossdressing elf is easily more groundbreaking than any Dragon Age character.
>>
>>342216762
Both zones are pretty okay as far as side quests go, there's actually some impact on the area when you do the bigger ones. There's still "bring me 10 elfroot" or "Go find a note somewhere in the map" shit, but there's some good ones too. Emerald Graves has a pretty okay haunted mansion in it, too, though you have to look for it.

You unlock more areas in other zones as the game progresses sometimes too.
>>
File: I AM THIS MAD RIGHT NOW.jpg (22 KB, 563x319) Image search: [Google]
I AM THIS MAD RIGHT NOW.jpg
22 KB, 563x319
>>342211905
>be gay
>has normal life
>suddenly some moron screaming 'LOOK AT THIS GAY! WE HAVE GAY! PLEASE RESPECT HIM!'
>everyone now hate me and think i am being pampered by SJW
>mfw they use my sexuality as sell object and dare to call themself 'progressive'
>>
>>342211905
Because he's gay anon.
>>
>>342211905
>Doesn't even mention that he is faggot if you don't force him to say this
He has several banters with Iron Bull about them fucking like rabbits.
>>
>>342222289
>be gay
>has normal life

You can only pick one, anon.
>>
>>342222409
This. The same people that say Dorian are shit are saying DA:I is full of SJW propaganda, despite it not being at all except for one trans character, who you only even find out about in an optional dialogue.

>>342222490
Source? Never heard this. But I don't really think that stuff is enough for it to be considered a major part of the character.
>>
>>342222125
definitely, found it kinda funny too that witcher had 2-3 gay characters and several lesbo characters but nobody ever mention them. Probably because CDPR treats them as normal characters and not some kind of bait to sell the games to people that don't play them in the first place.
>>
>>342222601
>Iron Bull: So, Dorian, about last night...
>Dorian: (Sighs.) Discretion isn't your thing, is it?
>Iron Bull: Three times! Also, do you want your silky underthings back, or did you leave those like a token?
>Iron Bull: Or... wait, did you "forget" them so you'd have an excuse to come back? You sly dog!
>Dorian: If you choose to leave your door unlocked like a savage, I may or may not come.
>Iron Bull: Speak for yourself.
>>
>>342216762
you miss dragons
>>
>>342222601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7M-ynUXzHo
Also in some video Bull mentioned that Dorian accidentally set curtains on fire while they were fucking.
>>
>>342211905
can you be a bad guy in the game? I played for like an hour and all choices were either good or "neutral" but actually good
>>
>>342222289
so come be gay here in eastern europe :^]
>>
>>342222865
>>342222897
Thanks anon, never really took them a whole heap together. Seems like a joke dialogue though, which I don't have see much of an issue with.
>>
>>342214896
>dat nose
>>
>>342223042
They could get pretty serious in DLC if Bull is alive and you didn't romance any of them.
>>
>>342211905
Why have him mention it when you can have the character designed to make the player think 'this character looks so gay I guess this is the choice if you want a male-male gay romance'
>>
File: 280.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
280.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
>character doesn't seem interesting
>never talk to him

I had no problems with him tbqh.

What I did have a problem with was not being able to romance Leliana. She was my DAO waifu.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.