[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would a Sheik game play?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 26
How would a Sheik game play?
>>
Inb4 some retard says Platinum Games should make it
>>
>>342211784
Story goes like this.

>play as Zelda
>go to sleep
>wake up with a penis
>go on an ever-long quest on turning back into a girl
>>
File: kojima1.png (117 KB, 321x327) Image search: [Google]
kojima1.png
117 KB, 321x327
>>342211784
"Husbando" simulator
>>
>>342212039
this
>>
>>342211784
Stealth game, but unlike MGS that uses technology it would be centered around magic. The enemy is not Ganondorf but random corrupted nobles that menace the kingdom and you can't really send Link to wipe the out due to diplomatic issues.
>>
>>342212120
>>
>>342211784
Like Ninja Gaiden or Shinobi (ps2). I've actually been wanting a Sheik spinoff for years now, we never see her origin or where she even becomes Sheik.
>>
>>342211784
Who?
>>
>>342211784
Nintendo's never really made a true stealth game. Could be interesting to see their take on the genre if that's where they went with it.

I don't think it would be worth bothering if it was just going to be an action game.
>>
Platinum should make it
>>
Like a regular LoZ game but:

>more platforming
>wall jumps
>more sneaking parts like sneaking in Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of time
>grappling hook
>flash bombs
>smoke bombs
>weak whip weapon
>less emphasis on close combat
>magic projectile attacks instead of arrows
>barrier magic

Basically magic ninja stuff.
>>
>>342212891
>Nintendo's never really made a true stealth game.

They have had stealth parts in their Zelda games. Like sneaking into Hyrule Castle in OoT or escaping from Gannondorf's prison in Wind Waker.
>>
>>342213220

magic ninja BARD stuff
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>342213296
Right. So, they've never made a true stealth game.

Do you have any other obvious and unhelpful observations to make?
>>
and people will still complain about Zelda not being playable cause she's disguised as a male.
>>
File: Mewsome.jpg (67 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Mewsome.jpg
67 KB, 500x700
How would a Mewtwo game play?
>>
>>342214339
Hit space to advance to the next scene
>>
like sheit
>>
>>342211784
>Made by Team Ninja
>>
>>342211784
Is it just me or is their literally no space for a chin in that picture?
>>
1. Music teaching simulator/Rhythm game (boring but realistic to her role in OoT)
2. Action game (realistic to her characterization in Smash and Warriors, but both games are already satisfying outlets to play as Sheik and an action game might be too similar to Warriors)
3. Stealth game (realistic to her being a ninja, probably the best option)
I'd rather get a grand strategy spinoff where you play as Zelda and lead the Hylian army.
>>
Like an anime fan on prom night.
>>
>>342211784
This new engine they are building would be great for it.
>>
>>342212120
Wouldn't work. You can't assassinate people in a Nintendo game. They'd never allow it.
>>
>>342212120
Sounds familiar
>>
>>342215427
Sounds familia
>>
>>342214851
>I'd rather get a grand strategy spinoff where you play as Zelda and lead the Hylian army.
I've had an idea for a Zelda strategy game for some time.
>starts like the average Zelda game

>Ganon has corrupted the temples and cities of Hyrule
>as Link, face the dungeons and beat the boss to free them

>as Zelda, bring back the cities to glory
>plays like Stronghold, you have to rebuild the cities around the temples and expand them
>create armies to defend against Ganon's dark troops of monsters

>move on to next dungeon
>rinse and repeat
>>
An evil goddess takes over the castle and spatially separates it from the outside world. While Link's outside gathering macguffins and having all sorts of crazy adventures, Zelda's trapped inside the castle, which has been drastically altered due to the evil goddess's magic. It turns into a Castlevania-style game where you have to navigate a crazy labyrinth with strange and magical environments while looking for the castle's defense mechanisms and hidden treasures to grant you the ability to fight. The various magic items you find grant you abilities that reference previous Zeldas.

>You summon a suit of armor as a familiar.
>You can use your prayers to summon guardian spirits who can aid Zelda in various ways.
>You can find a pirate sword which apparently has some unknown tie to Hyrule's ancestry.
>You can use some instrument to perform other things.
>You can transform into a ninja using magical Sheikah scroll.

Along the way, she can rescue other members of the court who are still trapped within the walls of the castle.

Near the end of the game, while Zelda's on her way to the final boss, she's confronted by the goddess's lieutenant. Link smashes through the ceiling and fights the lieutenant so he'd have something to do while Zelda goes up ahead to confront the evil goddess.
>>
>>342211784
Stealth oriented game with an emphasis on taking out enemies with ninja prowess instead of straight confrontations. You would learn the songs Sheik teaches to Link in OoT, and each one gives you a new ability you can use when you play your harp.
>>
A Zelda game starring Zelda that focuses exclusively on the Sheik identity sounds lame and boring.

Sheik should just be one of the things Zelda can do, not the entirety of her gameplay. Her name is "Zelda". "Sheik" was just a made up identity she put on to hide from Ganon.

Besides, if you're gonna make a game exclusively about Sheik, it may as well just be a side-scroller with mission-based gameplay rather than a full blown adventure game. She wouldn't be much of a ninja if she walked around Hyrule Field in broad daylight or talking to people in the middle of towns.
>>
>>342216347
>it may as well just be a side-scroller with mission-based gameplay rather than a full blown adventure game
Because there's never been a 3D stealth oriented game
>She wouldn't be much of a ninja if she walked around Hyrule Field in broad daylight or talking to people in the middle of towns.
Because a stealth oriented game has to take place during the day time
>>
>>342211784
> Tome Raider
> Any strong Wimyn game
>>
>>342216608
There have, but most stealth games tend to take place in specific areas. Plus, if she's using the Sheik identity, it means she's trying to actively hide who she is, so interacting with people would be pointless. The traditional adventure game style of Zelda, where Link goes from town to town, dungeon to dungeon, wouldn't work with Sheik.

Plus, you're implying that she's gonna complete her entire quest in the course of a single night. Even Link can take days to finish his quests.
>>
>>342216838
It could center on Zelda's double identity.
During the day Zelda does princess things, attends to her royal duties and finds out what's going on in Hyrule, and by night she solves those problems as Sheik.
>>
File: metal gear zelda.gif (3 MB, 228x291) Image search: [Google]
metal gear zelda.gif
3 MB, 228x291
>>342216838
We're not saying it's going to be exactly the same as a Legend of Zelda game, pretty much everyone said it would have to be different. This doesn't mean it has to be a sidescroller, it would much more likely be a 3D stealth game like Metal Gear or Thief. There have already been stealth segments in Zelda games, it's not unreasonable to assume they could make a whole game out of it. And since it's different from the main series, it doesn't have to use the same conventions of a day/night cycle or wide open areas.
>>
>>342217052
That sounds annoying. That'd mean she'd have to go to wherever she's taking her mission and go back to Hyrule Castle every time.
>>
>>342217052
>>342216347
I actually have been craving something more of a super hero simulator videogame. Meaning one where your doublelife or lackthereof would be a gameplay mechanic.

So I would actually enjoy a game which has you switch between Zelda and Sheik. Zelda being fawned over and everyone would put on their best face for the princess loved by the people doing great things with magic and creativity and maybe by throwing around rupees.

While Sheik would be an alter ego and disguise, and simply a more honest way for her to view her kingdom. Since not only isn't she apparently around, but shadier things will likely crop up while she's disguised as a ninja free agent.
>>
>>342211784
Reskin of cooking-mama.
>>
>>342217189
Metal Gear games wouldn't be anywhere near as long without the expansive (often excessive) stories. Aside from Phantom Pain and Guns of the Patriots, all Metal Gear games take place in a single facility. MGS4 in particular is extremely short if you take all the cutscenes out.
>>
>>342211784
I imagine something like seperate ways from RE4.

A kind of behind the scenes version of OoT with more focus on action and platforming
>>
>>342215175
You really think they couldn't just have you incapacitate the enemies? Or make all the enemies monsters?
>>
>>342213390
proud of you /v/
>>
>>342217430
So you knock out corrupt nobles.

Then what?
>>
>>342217371
There's nothing saying they couldn't come up with some story for Sheik to follow.
It also doesn't have to all be one area, it could have Sheik travel to different facilities/areas during a cutscene.
>>
>>342211784
Like shit, give us tetra
>>
>shiek

Well, looking at OoT, there are two things going on during the years that Link was sucked into the realm of light. First, Zelda has to go into hiding with Impa, particularly around kakariko since she becomes Shiek. Not only this, but Zelda knows that she'll be using her light powers eventually, so I assume there's lots of meditation involved. Really, it sounds a bit boring unless we're looking at the defense of kakariko.
>>
Anyway, I still think it would be lame if a Zelda game that finally starred Zelda focused primarily on Sheik. I don't mind Sheik being a thing, but it should be secondary, like a non-mandatory form she can take when it suits the player.
>>
>>342211784
A sheik game in this day and age feels like it would have the trans agenda forced upon it.
>>
>>342211784
sheik game is about zelda turning into a boy and having gay sex with link
>>
>>342211784
I can imagine something like Tenchu or so.
>>
You want more male/female shit?

Go for it.
>>
>>342212120
>>342212891
>>342214851
>>342216180
>All these fags suggesting stealth.
Please stop. Just remove yourself from the conversation.
>>
>>342217550
Nintendo doesn't push the trans thing. That's only the western market. They've already shut down transfags by saying "Sheik is a female, stop pretending she has a penis she's just Zelda in a costume"
>>
I feel like Sheik is kind of an outdated concept. It was originally just a disguise that Zelda took in Ocarina of Time. I dunno why people still cling to it years later.
>>
>>342217630
Because it's not like the entire point of Sheik was to hide from Ganondorf for 7 years or anything.

>>342217662
Smash Bros kept it around.
>>
File: Shinobi_(PS2)_Coverart.png (177 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Shinobi_(PS2)_Coverart.png
177 KB, 256x363
>>342212536
>Shinobi (ps2
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnKTYc5zuA&list=PLBD2D6432FE8202EB&index=9
also best song
>>
>>342217630
So, what else can Sheik do?
>>
>>342217758
Be Zelda.

I think the Zelda from Hyrule Warriors was a way cooler character than Sheik.
>>
File: 1453703773017.jpg (36 KB, 465x509) Image search: [Google]
1453703773017.jpg
36 KB, 465x509
>>342217630
How stupid of me to associate a Ninja protagonist with stealth.
>>
>>342217693
>Because it's not like the entire point of Sheik was to hide from Ganondorf for 7 years or anything.
Because it's not like stealth games are boring as fuck or anything.
It's not like you couldn't easily write around that or anything.
It's not like anything could have happened in the span of 7 years or anything.

>>342217758
Fight demons.
Venture to other realms.
Venture to other lands.
Platform.
Magic.
>>
>>342217640
After Nintendo saying that Toad and Toadette has no set gender and Link being made to look gender neutral in BOTW, let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if they "changed their minds".
>>
>>342217859
>Because it's not like stealth games are boring as fuck or anything.
Glad to know your opinion is shit.
>>
>>342217819
Yes, reaching for the low hanging fruit, because it's easiest to make a thematic association is lazy thinking.
>>
>>342217859
Holy shit taste batman.
>>
>>342217870
> Toad and Toadette has no set gender
They just said they never really thought about it before.
>Link being made to look gender neutral in BOTW
Stop believing clickbait headlines. Aonuma straight up says "he's definitely male." They only designed him to look androgynous, which is nothing new.
>>
>wielder of the triforce of wisdom
>"oh yeah she'll go off and do missions and shit it's all good"

What the fuck were they thinking putting this character in smash? Now people want an actual game for her. It wouldn't be very wise for the holder of the triforce of wisdom to go around exposing herself to everyone when she's supposed to be waiting for link to fucking get back.
>>
Was an idea proposed by Retro but Nintendo hated it, don't get your hopes up.
>>
I'd give a Shiek Pro Skater game a chance
>>
>>342217662
>>342217693
Sheik was also the primary mouthpiece for the race of the Sheikah in the first game to give them a designation, even though Sheik wasn't really a Sheikah. That did add a level of intrigue when, if you ever give it thought, you try to figure out what killed the rest of the Sheikah off when he introduces himself as the "Last of the Sheikah".

Of course it turned out to be fake. So when the returned they were less like a poet, and more ... actually I'm really not sure what to make of Impaz but SS Impa was outwardly more magical.
>>
Either make a 2 player coop game with Link and Zelda.

Or have a game with Zelda as the protagonist. Hero of Hyrule was not reincarnated. Ganon might be revived. Zelda goes on her own quest. She can use magic and shit. A Sheik game would be lame unless Sheik is an extension of Zelda's abilities.
>>
>>342217859

Kill yourself friend.
>>
>>342217896
>>342217940
>Liking stealth.
Proper stealth games are a niche for a reason. Shit sucks.
>inb4 "hurrdurr casul"
As if Zelda isn't a casual series.
>>
>>342218006
We're already getting Snowboarding in BotW
>>
Zelda with the Triforce of Wisdom seems more appropriate to be a protagonist of Strategy games. I'd give a Zelda base builder a chance.
>>
I think the more important thing to consider is how would a Sheik stealth game manage to differentiate itself from other famous stealth games like Splinter Cell and Metal Gear.

Zelda practically pioneered the action/adventure genre and many games in the franchise are considered to be timeless classics. So how would a Sheik game manage to stand out from the crowd? What unique elements would it have that would make it more than just a stealth game for kids?
>>
File: link_x_sheik_by_talonclawfange.png (850 KB, 786x752) Image search: [Google]
link_x_sheik_by_talonclawfange.png
850 KB, 786x752
Is this yaoi or hentai?
>>
File: 1459973160510.jpg (154 KB, 750x556) Image search: [Google]
1459973160510.jpg
154 KB, 750x556
>>342217906
What's wrong with the obvious solution here?
Stealth isn't a saturated genre so if they really wanted they could bring in some new flavor to it.
Sheik isn't exactly a well-established character either, as the only canon game to have her was OoT. So I don't think a whole lot of people will care about the devs taking "low hanging fruit" since the concept of Sheik as a protag to begin with is new.
>>
File: ravioli opinion wrongioli.gif (713 KB, 500x163) Image search: [Google]
ravioli opinion wrongioli.gif
713 KB, 500x163
>>342217859
>>
ninja gaiden
>>
File: 1438506263152.jpg (75 KB, 497x576) Image search: [Google]
1438506263152.jpg
75 KB, 497x576
>>342217859
>>
Like the good Assassins Creed games. and it would be colorful
>>
I don't know, they could do pretty much anything. You look at games like Captain Toad, WarioWare or Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe - all spin-offs starring pre-existing characters - and the core gameplay concept doesn't really have much to do with the starring characters. It all comes down to how it's contextualized.
>>
>>342217630
>Character all about being a sneaky warrior
>Complain about stealth suggestions

What do you want, a puzzle game?
>>
>>342218349
The problem with the obvious solution here, is that stealth games are boring.
>That's just like, your opinion maaaaaan
Yes, and?

The amount of Zelda fans wanting to play a stealth game, is almost zero. What they really want, is a bunch of platforming and magic and puzzles, with stealth tacked on, so they can get the casual stealth experience. A proper stealth game will simply be ignored. And a casual stealth game, won't be appreciated.
>>
>>342218482
>>342218408
People don't make stealth games, because people don't buy stealth games, because stealth games are shit to their very core.
>>
Half Ninja Gaiden/DMC and half Tenchu/MGS.
>>
>>342211784
Fuck Sheik
Literally "psshh.. nothin personell.. kid" the character
>>
>>342218585
I'm not sure how to handle a Sheik game exactly. But I know that everyone suggesting stealth, is only distracting people from brainstorming better ideas.
>>
>Sheik game
>Breath of the Wild but Stealth

It'd be cool imo. BOTW is already a bit like MGSV and open-world fantasy RPG of your choice having a baby.
Imagine going deep into an enemy camp, raiding their armory to attack their own guards and assassinate some officer monster with something you took from his camp, causing general mayhem w/ explosives etc and then paragliding the fuck away on an updraft created by the fire.
>>
File: 1445365671935.gif (2 MB, 300x176) Image search: [Google]
1445365671935.gif
2 MB, 300x176
Is Zelda actually stronger than Link?
>>
>>342218349
Stealth isn't a saturated genre, but it's also not quite as flexible as "action/adventure" is. When it comes to stealth, there are certain key details that you need to keep in mind.

First off, what's the point of stealth? Usually, it's one or both of two things: Survival, and to leave no evidence behind. Why does Solid Snake have to sneak around and take his enemies down without them knowing it? Because regardless of his status as a legendary hero, if he tries to fight a bunch of soldiers from the front head-on, he's probably gonna get filled with holes. The consequence of failing at stealth is that things get much tougher for you. So basically, you can't give Sheik any abilities that would give her a significant advantage in a head-on collision, which means powerful offensive magics would be a no-no. Since a key basis of stealth is to avoid confrontations as much as possible, a stealth game should, ideally have little in the way of combat.

As a result, stealth games typically require a lot of patience from the player, since you can just go rushing in swords out all willy-nilly. If a stealth game actually allowed this without consequence, then it would be a bad game. So no legendary swords, no Light Arrows, no AOE spells.

>>342218428
>Ninja Gaiden
>Stealth
>>
>>342218673
there are plenty of stealth games
people are shitting themselves in excitement over Dishonored 2 Right Now
>>
>>342218618
The stealth part of OoT is pretty much the only part that still holds up flawlessly today.
>>
>>342218752
Where the hell did you get that idea? If she were actually stronger than Link, she wouldn't get captured all the goddamn time.
>>
>>342218753
who said it HAD to be stealth?
Sheik always moves like Ryu
>>
>>342218752
she's more agile and dexterous but has less physical strength
>>
>>342218858
I dunno man. Link's crazy agile and dexterous. Flipping around and countering shit instantly. He doesn't jump around like an ninja, but he doesn't have to either. Being good at anything and everything has been the primary trait of Link since day 1.

Anyone who says that Link isn't as agile or dexterous clearly hasn't played many Zelda games. He's been able to do successive backflips and somersaults since the age of 8.
>>
>>342218802
You mean the Gerudo Valley """stealth""" sequence? That section was novel, inside of the framework of an action/adventure game. It was a break from the usual adventure, and it helped that all of your captors were women, so there was a slight level of perversion that made it extra exciting.

But actually playing the sequence out was a considerable slow point in pacing of the game. And the things Link could get away with were completely asinine. The Gerudo couldn't hear, there were no implied visual range beyond a simple sight radius, and getting caught instantly put you back to start, you couldn't work your way out of a situation.
>>
>>342218807
She has stronger magic and what >>342218858
said
also she has that ninja stuff going on for her
>>
>>342219025
>He doesn't jump around like an ninja
Well there you go. Sheik can jump higher and better than him. Sheik can move so fast, that she disappears in a flash of a deku nut. She is more dexterous than Link.
>>
>>342219210
>Stronger magic
Since when?

And again, Link's always been very agile and dexterous. You people act as if Link's some kinda buff tank. He's not. He's light on his feet, he's shown tremendous dexterity in his swordsmanship and he can move and jump around as he pleases.

>>342219278
She's has more leg strength. In terms of dexterity, Link has everyone beat. His swift and graceful swordsmanship is more impressive than anything Sheik does. The fact that he can learn to use any weapon or item and master any technique in an instant is a testament to his unrivaled dexterity.

When has Zelda ever shown that level of technical prowess?

The Sheikah arts have nothing on the Hero of the Gods.
>>
>>342218752
If she was stronger than Link she wouldn't need to be in hiding and could fend off Ganon's forces herself, and would never get captured.

>>342219278
By Majora's Mask Link is so agile that he does flips and shit while jumping from platform to platform.
As a child, no less.
>Sheik can move so fast, that she disappears in a flash of a deku nut.
There's nothing saying she's not disappearing with magic, and not speed. The entire Sheik persona is magic.
>>
File: 1461205699267.png (52 KB, 315x344) Image search: [Google]
1461205699267.png
52 KB, 315x344
>>342218618
>The amount of Zelda fans wanting to play a stealth game, is almost zero.
Okay so I considered a simple "but that's wrong, anon" or even ignoring this all together, but I'll just take this chance to bring up something about this fandom.
Zelda fans, similar to Sonic, Pokemon, and even Kingdom Hearts, don't have a general consensus on what they want.
The keyword here is consensus. Ask a fan of these franchises what they want from the next installment and they probably have an answer, maybe even a completely valid one. I am not saying they don't know what they want, because on the individual case that's not true.
What all of these have in common is a breadth of gameplay styles, often being vastly different from one game to the next. Zelda 2 and Twilight Princess pretty much have nothing in common, despite being in the same franchise and not even being spinoffs of one-another. This means that one person could love everything about Zelda 2, but dislike Twilight Princess, and another could have the exact opposite opinion. The main problem is when these franchises don't give every side of the fan-base what they want, or have created too many sides to be able to work with them.
Basically, one person could hate everything you love about Zelda, and love everything you hate about it, because Zelda tries to do so many things at once in every game of the series.
Therefore, with these fan-bases and those like them, it is nearly impossible for the developers to please every part of it. In particularly bad cases [like Zelda] it's very difficult to even please a majority of the fanbase.

Never expect a major release in this franchise to be hailed on the same level as A Link to the Past ever again. Not because they can't produce quality content, not because the bar has been raised too high, but because there's too many bars to overcome in the first place.
>>
>>342219405
I'm not huge into Zelda lore but I thought Zelda was actually one of strongest spellcaster
Am I completely wrong here?
>>
>>342219746
That's fanon. None of the games have ever shown Zelda to have a significantly greater aptitude than Link.
>>
>>342219614
Ask fans what they want from a Zelda, and no one asks for more stealth. That's for certain.

While Zelda games vary, they still have a ton of overlapping core aspects. Swordplay, exploration, secrets, and puzzles being the primary factors. Then you have secondary aspects such as the use of many tools, magic, monsters, fairies, towns, etc. There is a level of cohesion to the games.
>>
>>342219746
Grand list of canon Zelda games where she does anything combat-related (only in canon because you asked about lore)
OoT (kinda)*
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess*
Four Swords Adventures
Spirit Tracks
* = uses magic
>>
>>342219970
>That's for certain.
Didn't know you've met every Zelda fan on Earth
>>
>>342220009
She doesn't really use magic in Twilight Princess. She simply prays to the gods for help and they give her an enchanted bow and arrow.
>>
>>342219970
Your argument falls apart when you realize Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland has fans
>>342220080
The fight against her
Though that might be Ganon's magic
>>
>>342218289
Yaoi
>>
>>342220151
Of course it was. Zelda can't use dark powers.
>>
>>342214339
H-Game with male lucario booty.
>>
what if sheik was a girl?
>>
>>342220203
She shoots balls of electricity and uses light triangle attacks that would later get referenced in Hyrule Warriors.
So who knows, really.
>>
>>342219902
>>342219405
Hold up.
Link's magic is primarily from magical relics. Or granted gifts from stronger magical beings such as fairies, who could easily revoke those gifts if they wanted.
Zelda innately has light arrows, which she doesn't necessarily need a bow to fire. Zelda also has the ability to play with time itself. Allowing link to disappear into the past, or just everything with Skyward Sword being time manipulation, in order to defeat demise.

>>342219574
No one is saying Link isn't agile. Sure, he can do flips. But there is a huge difference between the types of jumps Link can do, and then the MASSIVE leaps Sheik takes. Link doesn't have much vertical. Even his horizontal is realistic. Sheik can jump many times her own height.

Maybe the disappearing trick is magic. But even Impa is capable of it. So it's not like it's only a thing Zelda can do.
>>
>>342220058
I didn't know I needed to talk to everyone on earth to gauge the general consensus.
>>
>>342211784
Ninja Gaiden
>>
>>342220151
>Your argument falls apart when you realize Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland has fans
You mean the game that got medicore reviews, and no one's played, but only got made due to it being someone's pet project?
>>
>>342220431
When you say it's a certainty, that implies that out of every individual zelda fan, none would want stealth.
On top of this, this thread has proof that you're wrong because there's at least a few people that would want a Sheik spinoff to be about stealth.
>>
>>342220565
>When you say it's a certainty, that implies that out of every individual zelda fan, none would want stealth.
Only if you're so autistic, that you take the statement to be super literal.

>On top of this, this thread has proof that you're wrong because there's at least a few people that would want a Sheik spinoff to be about stealth.
This thread proves that people fancy themselves game designers, when in reality they're are all just idea guys. Many of which come up with the same bland ideas, based on the class of the character.
>hurr ninja = stealth, I so smaht.
>>
>>342220349
>innately
Because she couldn'the have learned that shit offscreen, could she? Zelda was in contact with the Sage of Light far longer than Link is even conscious.

Most of the shit that Zelda does is thanks to prayer. The gods tend to respond to her prayers. Link himself tends to learn things, including magic, pretty damn instantly. If someone taught him those things, he'did probably master them pretty quickly, including Sheikah arts. More often than not, Zelda is actually significantly less athletic than Link, so it was probably due to her seven years' training that she was able to do the things she did. Besides, after she loses the Sheik disguise, she loses all of her previous physical aptitude.
>>
Story of Zelda/Shiek working to revive the hero of time from his sleep in Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>342211894
FROM Software should make it desu
>>
>>342220918
He wakes up on his own. It'snot as if he was cursed to sleep forever.
>>
>>342218270
>Zelda practically pioneered the action/adventure genre

Do Nintendrones unironically believe this???
>>
>>342221001
I had an idea. How about Nintendo making it?
>>
>>342221157
Considering the last few games they've made, no thanks.
>>
>gameplay is just the Silent Realm from Skyward Sword for a whole game
THIS WOULD BE FOR ME
>>
>>342221157
I'd rather it be good desu
>>
>>342218673
People buy stealth games. You don't because you have shit taste.
>>
>>342220762
>Many of which come up with the same bland ideas, based on the class of the character.
Well what the fuck else are you gonna base it off of? This is why a Sheik spinoff is a fucking awful idea, she's a tenth of a character. No shit people are gonna take the obvious route, because any other route just sounds like you're grasping at straws.
>>
>>342221073

Sure, just an idea of how to integrate it into things since that was the game Shiek showed up in in the first place.
>>
>>342221195
>>342221238
What is with Hack-n-Slash fans ruining Zelda threads?
>>
>>342221225
Jesus fucking christ, is this how easy it is to appease Nintencucks? No wonder you faggots unironically think the Wii U is worth buying.
>>
I think we should all probably stop to remember that a game starring Zelda/Sheik would probably be a handheld title.
>>
>>342221303
>the silent realm wasn't amazing
Go away with your shit taste.
>>
>>342220864
Zelda's sacred light is passed down to her through her bloodline. It's one of the perks of being descendant from Hylia. "Light" gods and their association to the land is Hylia related. They respond to her prayers, because they only exist to look after her land. In a sense, they're fragments of her power.

If Sheik's ability was due to magic, which you may have a point with, then that only goes to further prove Zelda's magic being superior to Link's.

Link over the course of OoT, WW, and his implied history that the hero's shade went through, never learned how to ninja jump.
Link through his history of ALttP, OoA&OoS, and LA never learned how to ninja jump.
The new Link, who went through some kind of stasis, implying to be over 100 years old, but regardless, can climb mountains like it's nothing, never learned how to ninja jump.
Link is a gadget guy, that's where he gets his magic from. And he's moves well for a swordsman. But he ain't no ninja.
>>
>>342221249
see >>342218730
>>
>>342221264
It wouldn't make sense. Link went to sleep because he needed to be older. Thus when he became of age, he would naturally awaken from his slumber. Zelda'so actions would be entirely superfluous. >>342221264
>>
>>342221294
What is with Nintendo ruining Zelda games?
>>
>>342221356
not him but
>the best part about the game meant to sell people on motion controls as a mechanic
>is the part where you don't have to use them
>>
>>342221373
No one ever taught him to ninja jump. If someone took a few minutes to teach him. he'did learn instantly.
>>
>>342221513
>he thinks Nintendo has ever ruined a Zelda game
Time to stop posting.
>>
>>342217235
This sounds really cool.
>>
>>342220431
What? Everyone in ITT is already throwing their imaginary dollars at an imaginary Zelda stealth game, and then there's this one faggot screaming about stealth being boring and lame, which is completely subjective to begin with. Why are you so angry about stealth? Is it the only genre where your ADHD will actually get you killed?
>>
>>342211784
Like Tenchu. DO IT, MIYA!
>>
>>342221559
Okay then, tell me who is responsible for ruining Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess?
>>
>>342211784
cool
>>
>>342221570
Because it's a genre that requires you to wait and do nothing for hours.
>>
>>342221637
Nobody, since they weren't bad games. They weren't the best games in the series but middle ground does exist.
>>
>>342221570
Eh. I'm not really interested either. I'd have to see how it'd play first.
>>
File: bait.png (678 KB, 680x380) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
678 KB, 680x380
>>342221637
>Skyward Sword
>Twilight Princess
>ruined
>>
>>342221549
Link does learn quickly. But there's no reason to believe he can learn how to jump like Sheik, without some kind of magic artifact.
>>
>>342221570
>and then there's this one faggot screaming about stealth being boring and lame
That's me, you faggot. The same anon you just replied to.
Everyone in this thread is throwing their ideas to the wind, hoping to be validated by other anons. Whether they would play their own game idea is another matter.
>>
I thought Sheik got her powers from seven years of training, not necessarily pure magic. I'd imagine having to outwit or outrun Ganondorf for that amount of time would have anyone acting like a ninja.

Also, what does the Triforce of Courage actually do? Wisdom and Power are obvious, but Courage has always confused me. Is it literally just because he's brave enough to wander into dungeons and fight monsters?

>>342218270
I'd say a musical focus, but really, anything I can think of basically just boils down to 'Sheik uses music as a tool to stealth better.' Then again, having to balance playing your lute and making noise (which alerts people) or manning up and doing without could be challenging.
>>
>>342221773
Zelda had seven years to learn. I'm sure Link would take far less time. Everyou single time someone teaches him something, whether it's sword techniques, magic, archery, item usage, playing an instrument, snowboarding, steering a boat, anything at all, he always masters it in an extraordinary short period of time.

To put it another way, there has never been a single instant if Link being taught something and him failing to master it almost immediately.
>>
>>342221969
>Play song to open secret passage
>Guard hears you
>Waits on the other end for you to come out
>You knew he'd do this, so you exit the same way you came in and sneak into the room he was guarding.

I could dig it.
>>
>>342221969
The Triforce pieces don't do anything on their own beyond giving their bearers a degree of protection from certain magic. They're simply attracted to those who embody their traits the most. The Triforce of Courage didn't make Link brave, it went to him BECAUSE he was already brave.
>>
File: 1441835095071.jpg (158 KB, 965x1075) Image search: [Google]
1441835095071.jpg
158 KB, 965x1075
>>342221712
>Nobody, since they weren't bad games

Can't tell if falseflagging or delusion.
>>
>>342222204
>Skyward Sword
>Twilight Princess
>not good games
Stop anon.
>>
>>342222204
>posting /a/minions
TP and SS were let downs, but they weren't bad games. SS comes the closest to one though on controls alone.
>>
File: 1459512388380.gif (549 KB, 540x353) Image search: [Google]
1459512388380.gif
549 KB, 540x353
>>342222269
So falseflagging, because nobody could be that fucking dumb.

Yawn, boring.....
>>
>>342222002
>Zelda had seven years to learn.
Not necessarily. 7 years had passed. Zelda could have learned quickly herself in that time. She might have learned in the span of mintues, and then spent all of 7 years utilizing the technique to her heart's content.

I think you're conflating gameplay considerations, with narrative. For gameplay sake, Link doesn't go through a training/learning process. But narratively, he does. In SS, he spends his life in an academy learning sword skills. In TP, it's implied that Link trains at sword in his yard, with help from Rusl. With WW, Link has a swordmaster on the island, who trains him the way of the sword before his journey begins.
>>
File: umaru die.png (116 KB, 297x333) Image search: [Google]
umaru die.png
116 KB, 297x333
>>342222337
>TP and SS were let downs

Which is Nintendo's fault.
>>
>>342221708
Maybe if you're really bad at it, thus too scared to take a single step. What exactly is "something" for you?
>>
>>342222468
Wind Waker'so Link picks up a sword literallyrics for the first time the day his journey began.
>>
>>342212120
>Zelda
>killing people
She can't, as the vessel of the Goddess she must remain pure. It's why she can only take hero-cock.
>>
>>342222868
You might want to check this. But I'm pretty certain Link had been training up to that point with a fake sword. The training before you got your real word was a review and a test.
>>
>>342223097
Nope. You should check yourself. It's Link's birthday that day so the swordsman ship lesson is the old man's gift to Link for coming of age. You can have him teach Link before his sister gets kidnapped, but he won't fork over the sword until after.
>>
>>342223439
Fair enough. But even still, learning how to swipe the sword horizontally, vertically, and spinning around, doesn't make him a master swordsman. The challenges Link faces are fairly easy early in the game.
Also, that's not even the real Link. It's just some kid. Kind of diminishes Link's reputation when it takes some kid a day to learn how to use a sword. Compared to SS Link and TP Link actually training over years.
>>
>>342223898
Well every Link masters archery the instant he gets the bow so...
>>
>>342225428
That's a gameplay consideration.
TP Link however, has targets set up in his yard, which implies he was working on his shooting, as well as his swordplay. That's also a skill taught to knights in the academy in SS.
>>
File: Message.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Message.webm
3 MB, 640x360
It has to be a mixture of Silent Realm gameplay and fuckery like this.
>>
>>342225771
>this quote
replace power with darkness
Now you have a Kingdom Hearts Quote
>>
>>342222575
Still doesn't make them bad.
>>
>>342221969
>Also, what does the Triforce of Courage actually do?
It has some kind of protection quality, it prevented Link from turning into a lost soul in the Twilight.
>>
File: 1449358883968.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449358883968.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
I don't get why a company's acknowledgement of an idea is news for people. Like the MvC team acknowledging that their fans want a sequel, no fucking shit fans of your game want a sequel. Do people honestly think if a higher up or company says "Yes that idea is definitely a thing" that it's just going to become a fully fleshed out game in one year? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>342226810
"We thought about making a game, but didn't" is still news even if it's disappointing
>>
>>342226408
Not him. But if I may use a FOOD ANALOGY...
The Zelda formula is very hard to fuck up. It's like chocolate. Even cheap chocolate is still chocolate. Like those tootsie rolls no one ever buys, except to give out to kids on Halloween. Compared to the good stuff, tootsie rolls taste like shit. But after you've eaten your snickers, and Hershey's funsized bars, and reese's cups... you're down to the chintzy chocolate. And you know what? You still eat it. Because it's fucking chocolate.

Now... If Hershey one day started producing chocolate that tasted like Toosie chocolate, would you consider that "ruined"? Wouldn't you say they're bad at their job? Creating substandard chocolate like that?
>>
>>342227004
Hershey's is fucking shit
>>
>>342227004
>Even cheap chocolate is still chocolate

No. American """""chocolate""""" is disgusting.
>>
File: ClXcIdyVAAEWh1B.jpg large.jpg (125 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
ClXcIdyVAAEWh1B.jpg large.jpg
125 KB, 1200x627
>>342211784
mayby
>>
>>342227069
>>342227120
Aaaaaand here come the euro snobs.
You're worst than new yorkers, who have to tell everyone their pizza is shit compared to the pizza they get from Tony's on the block.
>>
>>342227004
>>342227223
As an American I have to agree that Hershey's is really shit. They use partially soured milk. I much prefer Swiss and German chocolate.
>>
>>342213378
>make Acquire do it
>they make a Shinobido/Tenchu clone with an actual budget
>play as a Sheik during Hyrule's violent past
>can work for the royal family, Gerudo, or Shiekah
>you never learn your identity, and each route lets you come to different conclusions
>>
>>342226810
It gives the fans a reason to be outraged that there's no female protag.
>>
>>342227223
Hershey's is actually shit though
You should try some chocolate that doesn't taste like vomit
>>
entire fighting style based around shorthop fairs
>>
Sheik Picross
>>
>>342211928
>sheik
>penis
>>
File: leffen's worst nightmare.gif (574 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
leffen's worst nightmare.gif
574 KB, 427x240
tu tu tu tu tu tu tu tu
>>
>>342227223
Do you have taste buds or do you just eat garbage everyday?
>>
File: 1465030529651.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
1465030529651.gif
721 KB, 446x251
>Faggot tries to say Zelda games are now shit
>Argument ensues with anime avatarfagging
>Eventually derails into an argument about fucking chocolate
What the fuck
>>
>>342211784

hopefuly a game with more emphasis on stealth.

the stealth genre is disappearing and stealth sections in games that are not steath based are not filling the void because they are always done horribly.
>>
>>342215175

You do know that Geist was literally about killing and assassinating people as a ghost, right?

Obviously no Zelda game, spinoff or otherwise would ever get a M/D rating, but assassination isn't off the hook, especially if it's only implied.
>>
make it a spy game similar to goldeneye where you go in carefully designed levels where you stave off plots against the royal family, it would be kind of like assasin's creed brotherhood where instead of calling your pals you call the shadow tribe and they fuck shit up
>>
So would Zelda be silent this time around while Link talks whenever you run into him?
>>
>>342233645
It'd be like Super Mario Galaxy and a second Zelda would take their place.
>>
>>342232415
It's always the food analogy.
>>
I think it could work using the OoT world, kind of like Plague Knight with the OG OoT being Shovel Knight.

Sheik goes into dungeons beforehand for some special aura atunement or something.
>>
>>342222269
this

i agree with the anime shitposter

TP & SS were both trash

specifically SS, and anyone who says otherwise has to be a legitimate retard
>>
>>342233884
Anyone who still defends SS even after the developers said it was a mistake should just be laughed at.
>>
>>342234131
Source?
>>
>>342234158
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/legend-of-zelda-producer-not-afraid-of-questioning-the-franchise-s-traditions/1100-6418293/
>"The recent Zelda games have been rather linear, as I thought players didn't like getting lost, wondering what to do, or where to go," Aonuma said. "However, I've come to question this 'traditional' approach as I felt that we couldn't gain the sense of wonder that existed in the original Legend of Zelda, in which you made unexpected encounters and where what used to be impossible would suddenly become possible."
>"We will, of course, continue to question and reconsider the approaches we have taken in the past without any reservations," he said.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/16/aonuma-said-that-changes-in-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-were-made-based-on-negative-skyward-sword-feedback/
> “A lot of the fans that played Skyward Sword said that they were really bummed out that they couldn’t find the hidden element of the game. A lot of the users, when they looked at the map, they said, ‘OK, there’s these places I can go, but how come I can’t go over here?’ Fans that enjoyed the motion controls in Skyward Sword may actually be a little bit disappointed playing this game.”
>"Aonuma continued, saying that “a lot of Zelda fans are the type of people who really like to explore those hidden elements. I realized that creating this bigger world and letting them freely play may be the solution to all of that.” Aonuma concluded by saying that “I’ve always thought that when creating a 3D game where it’s easy for users to get lost, it’s really important to tell the users what they need to do. But then, after creating this larger world, I realized that getting lost isn’t that bad. Having the option to do whatever you want and get lost is actually kind of fun."
>>
>>342211784
like mario kart
>>
>>342234594
I wouldn't go as far as saying that Aonuma called SS a mistake, but certainly that it's a direction that he no longer wishes to take Zelda games in.
>>
>>342234927
He didn't outright state it but it's obvious he felt that way or he wouldn't have felt the need to re-examine Zelda and take it back to its routes.
>>
>>342211784
Who cares, people here would just bitch about the gender as everyone has been doing since fucking Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>342211784
Tactical stealth action in a Zelda world?
>>
>>342217859
>being this passive aggressive
>don't make a game about a character hiding for seven years be about fantasy stealth, make it a fantasy action game
You really need to learn how to get over yourself.
>>
>>342218752
Yes.
People will say
>no lol cuz you beat the bad guy as link lmao
But they ignore all the evidence of how much magic bullshit she has, as well as her ability to completely master being a fucking ninja in a couple of years with (maybe) one teacher. The only reason Link even overcomes the big bad in most of the series is because she gives him the ability to do so.
Then they say
>but link never gets captured like her rofl
Which is not only completely untrue, considering how many times Link gets canonically ambushed, imprisoned, ate up by dumb traps, etc, but also ignores that Zelda is only eve snatched by someone who already has the triforce of power, except in the minority of games where she has no ability at the start of the game and gets soloed by someone Link can't even beat without macguffins.
The biggest fucking clue, though, is somehow the least obvious to these mouth breathers. His triforce is the symbol of Courage, which means he has to overcome imbalanced odds. If he was worth shit on his own, he wouldn't need it. That he even has it proves his inherent inferiority. The timeline supports this, as well. If he was somehow the big dick in charge, a whole third of the canon wouldn't be based on courage not being enough.
Enjoy trying to nitpick or bait me, shitposters. I have already won.
>>
>>342223898
>Also, that's not even the real Link.
Then who is it in your head-canon?
Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.