[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Max Payne was great >Max Payne 2 was worse but still good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8
File: nogc14-intervista-sam-lake-720.jpg (264 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nogc14-intervista-sam-lake-720.jpg
264 KB, 1280x720
>Max Payne was great
>Max Payne 2 was worse but still good
>Alan Wake was trash but charming
>Quantum Break was just trash

It's time to admit that since Death Rally, Remedy managed to make just one truly excellent game. I'm not giving them any more chances.
>>
>>342204936
So did Remedy ditch MS or vice versa?
>>
Alan Wake is actually pretty good. Not great. Good.

I haven't played Quantum Meme because, while I will freely support their movie (or book) as a game idea, I won't go in on their game as a movie (or TV show) idea.
>>
IT'S PAYNE
>>
File: Sam Payne.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Sam Payne.gif
2 MB, 200x200
It's okay to have shitty, and all around wrong, opinions.
>>
>>342206230
Are you arguing that Alan Wake and Quantum Break are on par with Max Payne 1 and 2? Because they definitely aren't. Alan Wake is saved by its writing but Quantum Break is just bad.
>>
So wait did rockstar buy payne from remedy? Or have they always owned the IP?
>>
>>342206970
Take Two always owned Max Payne
>>
>>342206970
Take-Two has owned it since MP1 I believe.
>>
>>342206818
I never said Alan Wake and Quantum Break were on par with Max Payne 1 and 2. But outright calling them "trash" is idiotic. A bad game is a game that fails to attain what it strive for. Both games were exactly what Remedy wanted them to be. I suppose you just wanted Alan Wake and Quantum Break to be Max Payne 3 and 4, but they weren't and that's okay. I'll go as far to say that Quantum Break's writing was a little uninspired compared to Max Payne and Alan Wake.
>>
>>342207078
>>342207130
Oh ok cool. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
>>
>>342207205
So according to your reasoning, if a developer sets out to make a shitty game and achieves that, you can't call the game shitty because that's what they intended?

I don't care what Remedy intended Alan Wake to be, it doesn't make the grossly repetitive gameplay any more enjoyable if that's how it was supposed to be.
>>
>>342207205
>Both games were exactly what Remedy wanted them to be
alan wake was supposed to be a free-roaming game with a day/night cycle where everything would be normal in the day and shit fucking up at night yo
>>
>>342204936

>>Max Payne 2 was worse but still good

What?? I thought that was the best one, and Max Payne 3 was the worst
>>
>>342208153
I agree
>>
>May Payne 1 > May Payne 2 > Max Payne 3
>>
>>Max Payne 2 was worse but still good

I love Max Payne 1 to death but MP2 is better in everyway a sequel could be better
>>
>>342208396
>>342208153
Ok I'm willing to budge on that, but MP2 is still way too short in my opinion.

I'm playing through MP3 right now and it's a fun time as long as it lets you skip the cutscenes.
>>
>>342205415
>Alan Wake is actually pretty good. Not great. Good.

yep. the whole game was ruined by an anticlimactic ending that left things up in the air.
>>
>>342204936

Alan Wake was a 10.
>>
>>342207478
Really early in development. They cut that kind of quick.
>>
So we can all agree that Max Payne 1 was Remedy only GOOD game and their success was only a matter of luck?
>>
Thing is AW had no reason to be a shooter, but it's the only type of game Remedy can make. Forcing your Stephen King/Twin Peaks hybrid into the framework of a shooter was a just terrible idea.
>>
>>342206970
Take-Two always owned Max Payne. They just paid Remedy to make one and two.
>>
>>342204936
>Max Payne 2 was worse but still good

anon...
>>
>>342205415
i liked alan wake more than max payne and i really liked max payne.i would like try quantum break but my toaster is too weak, game look pretty good to me
>>
File: smug.jpg (531 KB, 2592x1552) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
531 KB, 2592x1552
>>342204936

>MP2 was worse but still good

How? I would say MP1 is a little bit better cause of story but MP2 improved on every other technical aspect that MP1 failed at.
>>
>>342207424
But the game (Alan Wake) isn't that bad. Repetitive gameplay at times yes, but solid mechanics overall, very good story imo and some great atmosphere at some points too.
>>
>>342208525
>way too short
>beat 1 at about 10 hours
>beat 2 at about 9
What? A whole hour
>>
>>342204936
Cute blog post bro, maybe you can quit your job and work full time killing yourself.
>>
>>342204936
It's a shame that their idea of good storytelling in games is to remove all gameplay and force players to watch 20 minute cutscenes.
>>
>>342218832
I beat MP in 7 hours and MP2 in 5 hours. It WAS too short.
>>
File: 53866_julycover_nmal.jpg (80 KB, 620x740) Image search: [Google]
53866_julycover_nmal.jpg
80 KB, 620x740
Max Payne 3 was amazing. The gunplay was GOAT. I don't know what those Remedy faggots are doing, but it's not as good.
>>
>>342209716
No, the whole game was ruined by the combat.

Getting ambushed at every landmark
>Shine light
>Shot
>Shot
>Shot
>Shine light
>Shot
>Shot
>Shot
>Proceed to next landmark/cutscene

Got old very quickly.
They could have done much better.
>>
>>342208153
Max Payne 3 was the worst in the trilogy story wise, but they refined the core gameplay mechanics and I was a fan of the art style, so in the end it was quite fun to play.
>>
>>342220064
Story was better than 2, now gtfo
>>
>>342204936
>Alan Wake was trash
your opinion is trash.
>>
>MP2
>better

>Shorter
>weapons much stronger accross the board
>Romance felt super forced, Mona died for sake of drama
>FUCKING REGENERATING BULLET TIME
>health at every corner
>atmosphere watered down
>max's face changed
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>342204936

Why didn't this guy star as Max Payne through out the series? He was clearly the best Max Payne. The other ones were generic trash.
>>
>>342220367
Because Sam is a hack.
>>
File: IMG_20160617_141410.jpg (317 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160617_141410.jpg
317 KB, 720x960
>Remedy keep making deals with fucking Microsoft when they've gotten fucked in the ass everytime

It keeps happening
>>
>all these people defending anal wake

what the fuck

there's not a single good thing about it, even the story is cringeworthy
>>
File: 1462780163900.png (917 KB, 1440x837) Image search: [Google]
1462780163900.png
917 KB, 1440x837
>>342220609
>cringeworthy

>>>/out/
>>
>>342220338
THIS
alan wake knocked it in the park in terms of graphi.....I mean charact....i mean the gameplay really is.......well, at least the story i.........
the soundtrack is good at least
>>
File: james beep beep.png (342 KB, 591x424) Image search: [Google]
james beep beep.png
342 KB, 591x424
Am I the only one who liked MP3?
I played it all in one sitting. It was fun as fuck.
>>
I've played all the Max Payne games. I played like half of Alan Wake and quit halfway through. I just was not enjoying it. Wasn't scary or fun.
>>
>>342220745
MP3 was the fucking tits, the only issue was that it wasnt made by remedy and remedyfags got super butthurt, though to be fair MP2 was a fine sendoff. and the loading cutscenes. I thought 3 was perfectly fine for a Max Payne spinoff that happens to have a number after it
>>
Can't imagine more than 5 people bought Quantum Break. RIP Remedy.
>>
>>342220763
Same here anon, I couldn't finish it, dunno if I even got halfway through but it was just so fucking boring, gameplay was repetitive as fuck and I really have no idea how a bunch of people praise it, they probably just watched all cuts cents on YouTube like a movie or some shit
>>
>>342220821
It apparently sold pretty well on Xbone but I can't imagine anyone buying it on PC since Remedy just shat all over their original audience by not fixing the fucked up port
>>
I like remedy but I think its pic relateds fault he wants to be a director/writer even did screenplay writing courses. Quantim break has a few hours gameplay spread out between walking and tv and for me one of the biggest letdowns this gen besides the whole of this gen in general.
>>
>>342220934
Cutscenes* fucking autocorrect
>>
>>342219676
Sounds like you played it on easy and rushed the game
>>
>>342221092
Max Payne 1 and 2 arent particularly long games,
are you just trying to stir shit up?
>>
>>342221092
Of course the length varies from person to person but MP1 roughly takes two hours longer to beat than MP2
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5736
https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=5738
>>
>>342220961
Sam lakes fault quantim break was shit as it was his vision.
>>
Quantum Break is great. Esp at harder difficulties. If it was on ps4 it would be shilled non stop on here
>>
Sam Lake is just some guy who was hired by his friends at Remedy because he was good at English. He doesn't have anything to do with game design, he just writes the dialogue and cutscenes. That's why every Remedy game will always be a shooter with cutscenes.
>>
>>342221092
No I played it on normal. Maybe you're just slow?
>>
>>342220603
That's because when a dev works for a publisher they get paid just enough to not go bankrupt, so they have to keep coming back. They're stuck in the system now.
>>
Hey, at least these fuckers actually try and bring original stuff to the table than rehashing and reheating the same pile of shit a billion times.

I played Quantum Break and it was alright, the story was decent, I found the time-travel shit really neat. The live action stuff got a bit cringey at times, but they showed they were self-aware about it. They pushed some nice technology into the engine, albeit the PC port was shitty (largely owed to the dejection that WUP is), I honestly couldn't believe how many of the cutscenes were real-time, especially while playing on a low-mid tier laptop.
>>
>>342220956
I read an article recently where some guy at Microsoft said Quantum Break was their worst selling game on the Win 10 store.

It will probably be coming to Steam soon.
>>
>>342221783
Phil Spencer said
>Forza 6 Apex did well. Quantum Break wasn’t our best PC release. Killer Instinct did well on PC. Gears of War Ultimate Edition was OK–we definitely learned there.

It's not surprising since the port had problems initially and the price is still 30€ higher than usual releases.
>>
>alan wake was trash

you're trash, faggot
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.