[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would it take for horror games to actually scare you? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 99
File: horror games.jpg (97 KB, 800x584) Image search: [Google]
horror games.jpg
97 KB, 800x584
What would it take for horror games to actually scare you?

I feel like the Horror genre needs some innovation.
>>
>>342190961

I can't play pure horror games since they simply try to be scary but often aren't.

But I love horror elements in games that aren't simply horror games (STALKER, Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Alan Wake, Teleglitch, Bio/systemshock, Neo Scavanger, Metro, sunless Sea, VTMB).

They are legitimately surprising and terrifying.

>Suspension of attacking a snork or bloodsucker
fucking shivering (in a good way)
>>
>>342190961
Indie Japanese horror games terrify me but budget titles usually don't, it's kind of like, the better the graphics are the harder of a time I have being afraid of it, you know? Uncanny valley in a way.
>>
>>342192612
What Indie Japanese horror titles would you recommend?
>>
File: 1444621950949.jpg (141 KB, 923x865) Image search: [Google]
1444621950949.jpg
141 KB, 923x865
>>342190961
Subtle horror gets to me the most. Stuff like a doll covered in dried blood or scratches on the wall that infer someone might be nearby.
Hinting at the danger rather than just presenting it through jump scares seems more effective.
>>
>>342190961
Someone brought up in a past spook thread the idea of a horror game where things seem unfinished and broken, playing on the fear of the unknown. Sounded cool.
>>
>>342194617
That chart is pretty cool. It has a desolation and unsafe feeling to it.
>>
I really don't like being startled by games (note, startled, not scared) and because of the universal presence of jump scares whenever I play horror games I get into a frame of mind where I suspend absolutely no disbelief so there's no connection between me and the game.

The result is that while absolutely nothing in the game can faze me, I'm also not having fun with the game so it isn't really worth it.
>>
File: lmaoing @ your reality.png (142 KB, 339x309) Image search: [Google]
lmaoing @ your reality.png
142 KB, 339x309
>>342194617
>do not follow the little girl
>pray while shooting
But it's pretty spooky that those are probably relevant.
The scariest one is 'symbols compromised'
>>
being hunted, that turns on the fight or flight response
>>
>>342190961
for most people, just jump scares will do the trick

myself, I cannot play horror games of any sort. I tried playing Ao Oni once and literally passed out when blue fuckhead came out of nowhere and killed me.
>>
>>342190961
Something that can simulate the feeling of impending doom
https://youtu.be/ClPZINVp0y8
>>
>>342197543
"Do not be taken alive" is pretty spooky too.
>>
File: 1466374589398.gif (492 KB, 246x300) Image search: [Google]
1466374589398.gif
492 KB, 246x300
>>342198287
>https://youtu.be/ClPZINVp0y8
Fuck that shit
>>
File: google.gif (9 KB, 879x529) Image search: [Google]
google.gif
9 KB, 879x529
>>
It'd have to exploit specific phobias of mine. Want to scare me? Make this game...

>put the player deep underwater as a researcher in the near future (to allow for certain technological liberties)
>start in a submarine/deep sea vessel that gets attacked by 'something' nobody manages to get a good look at
>entire crew dies except you, and vessel sinks into a deep chasm so dark you can't see anything
>you manage to get a suit on before your vessel completely floods, and you exit with a high power flashlight and a harpoon gun/some other limited underwater weapon as your only tools
>you have an hour to find your way up through the dark chasm to a nearby underwater research facility
>when you reach the research facility it's been heavily damaged but shows signs of some functionality
>research facility is a mostly glass structure with a series of connecting tube-like hallways
>much of the research facility has been damaged and flooded, rendered unusable
>you have no idea what attacked and there's no immediate sign of it
>power is on limited supply
>you must work your way through the facility while reserving your remaining power for the utmost necessities so that you can find a way to reroute the power and send out a distress call
>progressively more and more power sources fail, sending you deeper into darkness and blacking out more of the facility
>more and more damaged sections give, letting in more water
>steadily you begin to encounter bizarre horrors of the deep that are injurable, but not killable
>they become progressively more common and more disturbing in appearance and behavior
>constantly forced to feel more and more helpless, more and more alone, and more and more pressure as a fear of something much worse approaches and the dark swallows more and more of the only sanctuary you have left
>>
The only game that has ever deeply scared me is Yume Nikki coincidentally my favorite video game.

>>342194291
>>
File: 1393397115410.jpg (76 KB, 567x640) Image search: [Google]
1393397115410.jpg
76 KB, 567x640
>>342194617
>do not be taken alive
>>
What is THE SCARIEST game I can play RIGHT NOW?

it's 1:24 AM and I have a VR headset if there's any game that would be scarier with it.
>>
>>342194617
I really want a well done SCP game like Containment Breach that uses these symbols.
>>
>>342199129
subnautica kind of has elements of this, but not the ever-increasing sense of helplessness.
>>
Cheap jump scare games are pretty bad. Horror with actual skill and gameplay mechanics / stealth is pretty good. Amnesia is fucking great. Outlast not so much.
>>
are there any good horror games for the current generation of consoles?
>>
>>342199783
Yeah I've wanted to get my hands on Subnautica, but it looks like it has a slightly cartoonish appearance and it's really bright. I haven't seen much of it though, so maybe it gets creepier.
>>
>>342190961
The thing about fear is that the only good scares use mystery and dark themes, which desensitize. Everything else is just adrenaline response via jumpscares which is both unpleasant and not entertaining.
>>
>>342190961
i never finished any resident evil, not the gamecube re-make, nor 2 nor 3

I only finished 4 because that one isn't scary(it's awful)

I feel like I'll get a heart attack every time I try playing them, yet I love them and I feel so bad that I can't play them because i shit my panta
>>
File: 1466360742932.jpg (586 KB, 1024x1008) Image search: [Google]
1466360742932.jpg
586 KB, 1024x1008
>>342192207
Legit I actually almost flipped the fuck out when I was doing the dark brother hood quest in oblivion and finding the rogue assassin's mother
>>
>>342200000
There's also games that are very unsettling or disturbing, rather than outright scary. Things that just don't feel right, or make you feel uncomfortable when you feel like you should be.

I like to think it's possible to make a good horror game where you never actually SEE anything truly scary, but only constantly feel it and never feel safe or comfortable.
>>
>>342199394
Its not even horror, it's just deeply disturbing.

It's like the Blair witch project of horror games, it started a whole new genre to take place that it still reigns supreme in
>>
I'm 0 on the outside but 6 on the inside.
I still haven't beat PT.
>>
File: 1459076885167.gif (3 MB, 322x278) Image search: [Google]
1459076885167.gif
3 MB, 322x278
>tfw horror games stress me out so much I have to stop playing them
They're too spooky to be fun.
>>
>>342190961
I am a massive baby 5. It's fun to get scared but I probably get too scared at video games. It would be entertaining to upload someone genuinely fearful to youtube. Though this is of course at night alone which I think makes a difference r-right.
>>
>>342192207
>But I love horror elements in games that aren't simply horror games (STALKER, Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Alan Wake, Teleglitch, Bio/systemshock, Neo Scavanger, Metro, sunless Sea, VTMB).
>They are legitimately surprising and terrifying.
I've heard people say this before but every time I play one of these 'scary non-horror' games and deliberately go straight for the scariest parts in the game, it's never actually scary at all. I remember there was one place in either Fallout 3 or NV which was touted as being one of the scariest places in a video game and I actually bought the game, let myself get immersed and played through, trying to make that one part as scary as possible, but when I got to it, I was actually embarrassed that I had spent so much time trying to build it up. It was one of my most anti-climactic and disappointing experiences in a video game. Maybe you have to be a Fallout fan to get scared by it, but that's not the impression I got from all the praise it got.

>STALKER
I actually do enjoy the STALKER games, but I've never understood them being considered as scary. They have damp, uncomfortable atmospheres, but there's no real scary moments (unless they're all in Clear Sky, which I didn't finish). Same deal for Metro. Not a scary game at all.

>Elder Scrolls
No.

>Alan Wake
Has some spooky moments, mainly tension though. I enjoyed it. Still wouldn't say it's legitimately terrifying. Certainly not scarier than some games which are deliberately built with the intention of scaring the player.
>>
>>342200000
Nice quints
>>
>>342200305
You've provided a great service posting that gif and I thank you.
>>
>>342190961
>downloaded RE7 demo
>will never play it
2spooky
>>
>>342200326
They work largely because you don't expect it, though. If you go in knowing there's a scary part in a non-horror game and are actually LOOKING for it then it loses a huge part of why it was so effective.

Fable 2's winter cabin is only scary because you just do NOT expect that shit in the slightest. If you know it's going to happen, or know to expect... SOMETHING, then of course it fucking fails. It's all about the completely unexpected, without being a jump scare... like the shark in Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>342199129
SOMA, kind of
>>
>>342192207
This, the scariest games I've played (besides visual novels) aren't even horror games.
>>
>>342198287
>>342198736
There was a story about something like this on Fark or somewhere a long time ago, does anyone remember what I'm talking about

Some guy is driving along the highway at night and all of a sudden he sees abandoned cars and people playing dead then when he stops he sees things moving in the bushes and floors it
>>
>>342190961
Horror games rarely scare me anymore, they just engross me with their atmosphere.
>>
>>342190961
I like horror games but I'm sick and tired of jumpscares because it's a shitty way to add horror into a game.
>>
>>342200326
those moments were spooky because you went in expecting easy adventures and got slapped in the face with unnerving shit, caught off guard n shit.

If you go in thinking "oh boy here's the spooky place" then it's not gonna be the same as stumbling into spooky and realizing you're in too deep and the only way out is to keep going forward
>>
>>342190961
Solid 2. Though if I'm not having fun it goes to 1, and if I love the game enough to bolster my suspension of disbelief, then 3.
>>
>>342200491
Any actual underwater horror, though? Or is it just the setting? I know nothing of this game, but wiki says the threat is like... machinery?
>>
>>342190961
For starters it's not suppose to be a horror game, but have horror elements instead. When I was a kid I was petrified of HL1 and the first time I played HL2 at friends house during the night after we played Ravenhom/Nova Prospekt we were afraid to go outside when it was dark. I haven't first two thief games until recently and they felt genuinely creepy because it was unexpected. And yet I found Amnesia the most predictable and boring piece of shit there is. Well I did get scared of SCP:CB a couple times, but it's because it's full of jumpscares although to be fair there are times when it's creepy too.
>>
White Day is my most favorite horror game of all time
>>
>>342200835
Man you totally have to play SOMA. It fits at least 75% of what you just described.
>>
>>342200326
Alot of it comes from not knowing/expecting them. (I guys you are refering to the "haunted" factory in F3) was so good because it is a completely unexpected change of tone.

STALKER thrives on feeling dense and damp att all times but when initiating combat or visiting a haunted place it accumalates into becoming scary (for me atleast).

Elder Scrolls had some moments, though I suppose nostalgia adds alot to it.

>Certainly not scarier than some games which are deliberately built with the intention of scaring the player.

I think thats the issue for me. Knowing it is trying to scare me makes it boring same reasons horror movies for the most part suck for me 'cept they add something unique like cabin in the woods or tucker and dale.
>>
File: SymbolPaintingSpook.jpg (526 KB, 1920x1357) Image search: [Google]
SymbolPaintingSpook.jpg
526 KB, 1920x1357
>>342190961
Permanent 6 here. help.
>>
>>342190961
Slender: The Arrival is the scariest game I have ever played. Perfect atmosphere and the fucker is pretty terrifying when he gets close. It makes me wish the Slender mythos was still alive.
>>
>>342200835
>but wiki says the threat is like... machinery?

Well, kinda! I mean, sort of. It's kind of hard to describe. There are machines and various organisms which have been, uh, partially assimilated, I guess would be how to describe it.

It's a psychological horror that's more psychological than horror, but the horror's still there.
>>
>>342194617
Which would be scarier, something you can't make eye contact with or you die, or something you have to keep eye contact with or you die?
>>
>>342200961
>>342201051
It has my attention for sure.
>>
What about Pathologic, is it good?
>>
No game has been able to make me feel fear as the prision in Silent Hill 2. Jumping through all these holes, not knowing where the fuck you were walking to. The fucking horse riding sounds at the executioners room. It has a special place in my heart along with blightown in DS.
>>
>>342200835
Most of the game takes place in an underwater research facility, but there's a few sections that take place right outside of it
>>
>>342201062
Have to look at, no question. Just close your eyes for the other one.
>>
>>342201167
forgot pic
>>
File: 0L0lBBi.jpg (8 KB, 584x530) Image search: [Google]
0L0lBBi.jpg
8 KB, 584x530
>>342200000
checked
>>
>>342201130
Plays below-par, but a very interesting experience that I recommend. Try reading some interpretations about the game, and if the thematic stuff interests you, go for it.
>>
>>342201129
SOMA has you explore a submarine place and all that shit. The spooky shit revolves around the robots, who believe they are human, and are the people living on the ship. Humans aren't very nice, especially ones that are crazy and not human, which is where the antagonizing forces come in. The people on the ship are actually dead, as the game takes place after an apocalyptic event occurs.
It's a pretty good game, the guys who made Amnesia and Penumbra made it.
>>
File: 1462034773262.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1462034773262.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>342194617
>alternate reality entered
>>
>>342201221
Yeah, have to agree here. That, and having to look at something creepy or terrifying alone is fucked up. If you know you're safe by not looking? That takes a lot out of the fear.
>>
>>342199769
A game that has a message system where you can write these symbols on the walls for other players to see would be great. Like you're trapped in some kind of sprawling labyrinth full of horrible shit and your only interactions with other players are seeing warning symbols they've left(and maybe the occasional, brief Dark Souls style team up).
>>
>>342201221
Closing your eyes doesn't make it go away though.

having it breathing down your neck, claws tracing at your artery waiting for you to take a peek because some morbid curiosity forces you to

Then there's also the issue where it has no presence and you wonder if it's gone or not.
>>
>>342201350
also Adachi is the killer
>>
Pretty much any horror game has a good chance to scare, but some times it's an utter crap shoot.

I have to walk away from fucking Project Zomboid for a few hours sometimes because the tension genuinely gets to me and I'm scared (even though it's not really a horror game), and most horror games will be the same. Randomly though, actually good, scary horror games like the first Dead Space game will come up and not even get my heart rate up. Was a just a particularly macabre third person shooter. So I guess actually creepy, psychological stuffs scares me a lot, but gore doesn't? I don't enjoy being scared much, so I've never really experimented much.

>>342199129
This though. Anything about the deep ocean or sea monsters will immediately fuck me up. I couldn't even get passed the 1-star missions in MH3U because I couldn't force myself in the water long enough with the Lagiacrus to get the monster guts. I can't even watch youtube videos of Subnautica without cringing away from the screen.
>>
>>342201465
I'll be honest. If these ARE meant to be spoilers? That won't impact my experience in the slightest. It's all about being isolated underwater that's going to make me want to play it.
>>
>>342201412
Just swing wildly at it with your fists while blindfolded. If it can only attack you when you look at it, kick it's ass without doing so..
>>
File: 3ae.jpg (28 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
3ae.jpg
28 KB, 544x400
We need a slav team, like the developers from stalker and metro, to make a SCP game.
>>
>>342201543
they're spoilers but they're all from within like the first 45 minutes of the game
>>
>>342201371
Why was this deleted?
Is there something in the image?
>>
>>342190961
I love that the max is Pathological. What a beautiful game.
>>
>>342201543
>>342201350 isn't huge spoilers, just a synopsis of the game's plot.
>>
>>342199769
>>342201385

I'd write for such a game and help design levels.
>>
File: jjba-stardust-crusaders-oh-god.jpg (184 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
jjba-stardust-crusaders-oh-god.jpg
184 KB, 1440x810
>>342190961

Was hopeful when I first saw Five Nights at Freddie's because when I first started seeing the rabbit in Youtube thumbnails I actually got nervous about seeing that in the sidebar for a while.

Then when I worked up the courage to actually look at it and it was cheap jumpscares and higher-res Sega CD-style bullshit, but somehow even stupider. This kills the horror.

Real talk though, combine Sesame Street with some shit like Yellow Temperance from Jojo's, then have it slowly peek out from around a corner or have visible eye whites in the darkness and I'm like 5 or 6 on that fear scale. Pic related, I didn't rename it by the way.
>>
>>342201678
>Is there something in the image?
It's him.
>>
>>342199862
Alien Isolation
>>
>>342201276
I know that fear. I was terrified of scarier games when I was young and got obsessed with the silent hill series. Playing through 2 broke that fear and now nothing gives that same disgusting unease I got playing through 2 when it first came out.
>>
File: sh3.webm (3 MB, 1365x768) Image search: [Google]
sh3.webm
3 MB, 1365x768
>>342190961
>>
Is there an english translation of Yaku Yuujou Dangi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZ2DkG11TM
>>
>>342201678
Maybe.

The picture was sideways. I assume that Anon got embarrassed and deleted it.
>>
>>342194617
>Do not look away
>Do not make eye contact
How fucked are you?
>>
>>342190961

The scariest moments in games is when it has shit graphics, rendering fog and creepy noises coming from unseen npcs out to get you.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3063x2299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3063x2299
>>342201678
>>342202980
>>342203773

I managed to snag it before he deleted it. Not editing it tho

Here ya go buds.
>>
>>342204173
>opened this pic
>nightstand light flickered
NOPE
>>
>>342204095
just stare at its junk until it gets uncomfortable and leaves
>>
Literally only first person walking sims can scare me at this point.

Dunno why.
>>
>>342204167
"IS ALL YO' FAULT!"
>>
File: 1465322984522.png (193 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465322984522.png
193 KB, 500x500
Any game that has that immersive, yet moody "music" that drives your insanity high

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OkmMqkeJ6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__93D_cJTlY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtl_RtaJnxk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpExfM_pVjM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY92NAdGaR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3Z_qOcEQM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6EpmID8GSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FmWSy1tdV0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYX-7juLBUo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ozg017Yag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZTKWqF7Nug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cm8J07ehsI
>>
I'd like to see a horror game where you can technically murder all the horrors, but it's hard to the point of seeming unfeasible.

And then I'd like to see the speed run where a dude efficiently destroys the game, killing everything on the way without any effort.
>>
>>342201130
If you can learn to understand the odd translation and... Difficult gameplay... Then yes. The doctor's story is the one you should try. It plays heavily on the inability of science to explain certain phenomena. It works well on me, as I have a fear of intangible threats, like diseases or harmful contagions. Which is kinda what the whole game is about.

Shit gets real when the plague hits. Houses are filled with dead and dying people, food and drugs are ACTUALLY SCARCE, looters take over abandoned houses, plague victims see you're a doctor and shuffle toward you with their arms outstretched, it really is a beautiful game. Just give it some suspension of disbelief, take your time, and try not to treat it like a game.

But again, the translation is awful and a newer remastered version with updated grafix and a decent translation will be coming soon.
>>
File: 1402893000473.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
1402893000473.gif
3 MB, 390x357
>tfw between 0 and 1
will VR cure me or should I give up
>>
>>342204173
What the fuck is that thing
>>
File: 1448048489915.png (146 KB, 299x384) Image search: [Google]
1448048489915.png
146 KB, 299x384
>>342204173

>MFW my parents jump scare me with a scream
>>
>>342204173
>doesnt get it
>>
>>342204529
nice music friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShknpNpHbY
>>
>>342190961
no music
no jump scares
>>
>>342204810
Your parents sound fucking great.
>>
https://youtu.be/JncybmK-in0

Spooky tunes from 'Nam

It ain't it ain't me
>>
>>342204529
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF3Z_qOcEQM

DANNY WON!
>>
File: handsignals.jpg (521 KB, 644x3844) Image search: [Google]
handsignals.jpg
521 KB, 644x3844
>>342194617
>pray while shooting
>>
File: 1377156962937.jpg (46 KB, 498x607) Image search: [Google]
1377156962937.jpg
46 KB, 498x607
>yfw there are 4chan images that download screamers onto your computer
>>
>>342204872
The anon who originally posted that image said something about making a game that focused on you being a child in a large house having to navigate it to get a drink of water or something. There would be no jump scares or music or anything. Just you and your fear of the unknown, such as what's behind a closed door or what's at the end of a hallway.

I think the image was meant to convey that fear. That and he was a dumb phoneposter.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nd9xubA45A1qi19p2.gif (465 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nd9xubA45A1qi19p2.gif
465 KB, 500x278
>>342194617
>Symbols have been compromised sign next to symbols have been compromised sign
>>
>>342194617
Early Silent hill games did this really well. Something was CLEARLY not right. I like more psychological horror and subtle things far more than gore horror and jump scares which is all that passes for horror games these days.

Unfortunately psychological horror is very difficult do to right.
>>
>>342200436
What's worse is the fags who complain about jump scares of ANY kind. The game could have 1 jump scare and they get angry and call it cheap.

A horror game that is pure "atmosphere" and free from jump scares is not scary at all, since there is no build-up to a climax. The tension melts away after the first 15 minutes.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>342192207
Same I like spooky stuff for narrative but actual horror and even jump scares completely destroy my existence.
Probably due to being a chicken shit compounded with high stress/anxiety
>>
>>342190961
Some stupid combination between 6 and 1.
I have REALLY jumpy reaction even in rl. Whenever a jump scare happens i'm likely to impulsively do something stupid like throw the mouse at the screen the mouse at the screen. Despite this I can never get absorbed into them because I know it's "just a game" and could care less if my character dies, I can just retry.

I have a really hard time enjoying horror because of this.
>>
File: 1350098526394.png (15 KB, 1257x712) Image search: [Google]
1350098526394.png
15 KB, 1257x712
I can't play horror games at all. I don't even handle unpleasant elements in non-horror games very well. I bought Silent Hill 2 and abandoned it in around 30 minutes and something as tame as Fallout 3 made me very uncomfortable to play. Hearing centaurs around made me break out into cold sweat even when I could kill them in one bullet.
>>
>>342190961
PT scared me too bad and I had to watch some faggot on twitch yelling over the game in order to see what happens.
>>
Slow, tense horror built based on body horror. There wouldn't be a death and retry condition, but failures would result in the slow but permanent decay, mutation, or perversion of your character.
>>
>>342201037
The Slender mythos ending with some chunnis stabbing a girl over 9000 times was better than it deserved.
>>
File: 1434062394001.png (16 KB, 174x298) Image search: [Google]
1434062394001.png
16 KB, 174x298
>>342206697
PT made me realized how much of a pussy I really am.
>>
>>342194617
Man, SCP can be so fucking cool sometimes
Some of the articles are legitimately terrifying
But so many of them are either mary sue bullshit or just an object that does something weird when you use it or whatever
SCP-231 is pretty good
>>
>>342206809
You know the stabbed girl somehow survived?
Crazy ass shit.
>>
>>342194291
LSD
>>
>>342206868
God tier SCP right here
Thank you based 1981
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1981
>>
>>342200326

You're probably referring to the Dunwich building in Fallout 3. I played through the game at least 4 times before stumbling across a Reddit post talking about how terrifying it was. I had no idea; it felt like every other place place in the game. Apparently a couple doors slam shut and there are whispers. I just plain didn't know it was supposed to be scary.
>>
>>342206868
Another god tier SCP
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2521
>>
>>342194617
>symbols compromised
FUCK
>>
>>342206616
You are a weak little bitch. I bet you love getting porked in the butt you sissy little girly homo man.
>>
>>342194617
An SCP or SCP-like game with its own original beings that you had to deal with could be neat.
>>
File: 1422600747404.png (216 KB, 338x400) Image search: [Google]
1422600747404.png
216 KB, 338x400
>>342194617
>walking through spooky sewers
>see "get out fast"
>shit bricks, turn to run
>something catches your eye
>"symbols compromised"
>>
>>342194291
I recommend Ib and any of the Yume Nikki clones, as well as Yume Nikki itself.
>>
>>342190961
Level 5 here.
I really enjoy horror games because I can immerse myself well, but at the same time I can't play them because I can immerse myself well.

I'll never finish Amnesia.
>>
>>342206809
>>342206987
That happened not too far from me
>>
>>342207063
Lets not forget the best of all
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-50-ae-j
>>
>>342207137
So is the heart there, because it loves things describing it? Did it take that prisoner to dimension X to fuck him?
>>
>>342204573
It's out already. Couple of months actually.
>>
>>342190961
To start off I'll just say that the one thing that really needs to change is the setting of the game. Most horror games just can't seem to leave the western locations like cities, space, and the occasional european village setting.

I kinda want to see something that is different. One reason I (used to) love the Fatal Frame series is because of the setting. Same goes with Siren series too. Just that eerie japanese setting is perfect and refreshing. Dreadout gets a mention too. The game takes place in Phillipines and we get to see locations and the supernatural shit that we have not seen before.

I honestly want to see a horror game that takes place in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>342207647
It loves any information about itself, so it steals it
If it happens to be a person talking or writing about it, it takes th
>>
My problem with horror games is it's very difficult for me to actually put up with them long enough to be terrified. Like, if I'm watching a horror movie, it all moves at its own pace. Fear comes from watching the hero and knowing that they're walking into a trap and being powerless to save them.

But if I'm playing a videogame that's trying to scare me, then I can always just say, "Fuck it, I'm done." The same mechanics that are meant to induce fear and dread--clunky movement/aiming, inventory management, overpowered enemies--just make me frustrated as hell. I spend most of my time in horror games in a state sort of like a tense rage, where I know the game is going to pull some stupid bullshit on me and it's going to be a pain in the ass all the way through and if I die, fuck it I'm not going to bother reloading my save and running all the way back here.

So yeah, I guess they scare me, but the fear manifests itself as anger. I got banned from a haunted house once because an actor jumped out to scare me, and my immediate instinct was to start beating the shit out of him.
>>
>>342207063
>impalement, genital mutilation, and [REDACTED]
What do you think the redacted trauma is /v/?

Also why do they have it as [REDACTED] there and then actual physical black-line redactions elsewhere. Fuckin inconsistent scientist fucks.
>>
>>342207897
What you did there. I see it.
>>
>>342207635
Not even the best joke SCP
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-649-2568-j
>>
>>342207934
Fuck that shit, its just as bad as the candle jack meme, why do y
>>
File: room.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
room.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
The Metro series was pretty good at the occasional scare, if only because it incorporated a lot of the little things that get me.

>Having to stare down the librarians, knowing that they'll go fuck mad if I stop looking at them. Especially wehn I can hear them making noises as I start to hustle away, or there's more than two.
>The spiders in the second, infinite respawn, light is limited, dark area with that skittering noise.
>That fucking room off the railcar tunnel.

Fuck that room man.
>>
>>342207931
I think [REDACTED] is information censored by the writer, and Black lines are information censored by editors later. In universe I mean.
>>
>>342207063
Continuing to post great SCPs
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1733
>>
>>342190961
Needs to be really authentic. Like how it must be NES cartridge gotten off from a shady garage sale. My suspension for disbelief works like a veil.
>>
Daily reminder that SCP-666-j is best SCP.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-666-j
>>
>>342208031
Yeah that makes sense. Reagan being cut up is a good one and the excerpts and transcripts are fun.

It's not especially 'scary' just disturbing.
>>
>>342208048
>>342207063
Where do they get the staggering amount of class D personnel needed for this shit?
The marines?
>>
>>342207931
SCP buff here.
[REDACTED] refers to information being withheld due to the in-universe reader not being classified enough to read it.
Black boxes usually refer to more personal information, such as dates, birthdates, numbers, locations, and such being withheld. Sometimes this rule is stretched.
[DATA EXPUNGED] means the data was too important or traumatic to be released to the general workforce of the SCP Foundation, and is currently only known by the highest in the organization. Unlike [REDACTED], which refers to simply censored information, [DATA EXPUNGED] means the data in question has literally been expunged or deleted from most of their databases.
>>
File: 1439741391381.png (1 MB, 707x823) Image search: [Google]
1439741391381.png
1 MB, 707x823
>>342190961

Occultism generally spooks me, since it sparks the whole 'fear of the unknown' aspect in me as well as the overall maliciousness occult shit tends to be in most stories.
>>
>>342190961
2Z1NkGYYmj1G
>>
>>342207063
Huh. The SCP # is the year he started his presidency isn't it. Just figured that out after years
>>
>>342208257
The lore says that most D class are prisoners convicted of horrible crimes, but the Foundation can take ordinary civilians if they need more class Ds for whatever reason
>>
>>342194617
XCOM style SCP game FUCKING WHEN???
>>
>>342208031
I know too much about the crap. The black lines just are supposed to censor names, places and other proper nouns. Redacted is censored. Expunged means the removed as if it had never existed.
>>
>>342207063
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1983
>>
>>342208257
D-Class personnel are either death row inmates or SCP employees who did really fucked up shit; people who wouldn't be missed. They are all incinerated at the end of the month.
They could easily capture civilians as D-Classes, but the Foundation regards this as immoral and wouldn't do such a thing unless there was a huge reason.
>>
>>342208580
>>342208435
I don't think theres that many fucked up people of that lvl in the world though.
>>
>>342208682
The Foundation does some really fucked up shit on a daily basis, it's only natural that some of their staff would get too into it and do something unnecessarily unethical
>>
>>342208774
it's not about doing what's right
it's about doing what's needed.
>>
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-835
SCP are at their best when they don't just REDACT everything.
>>
>>342208682
Thing is, they take Death Row inmates from all around the world, not just first world countries like America. The Foundation is huge in both influence and membership, despite not being affiliated with any government.
>>
>>342206868
>SCP-231
I don't get this one, is it some satan lady that makes other go crazy? Why can't they kill her?
>>
>>342208580
>>342208774
What's the dumb SCP which is essentially a Lovecraftian monster that will wake up if some fucked up sex ritual isn't completed on a child every week or whatever? That's gotta kill any morality the foundation has.
>>
>>342208893
If that's the one I think it is, it's one of the first ones on that site. Uh, she's going to give birth to something that will end the world and if they kill her the pregnancy will jump to someone else.
>>
>>342209013
So their just repeatedly delaying the pregnancy somehow?

Reminds me of the duplicating cake one
>>
>>342208924
SCP-231. The article basically says that unless Procedure 110-Montauk isn't inflicted on the girl everyday, something implied to be similar to the Apocalypse occurs. It is specifically stated that the immense trauma is what keeps this event at bay, so they can't just kill her. There is something inside the girl, some kind of baby that is apparently worse than anything Lovecraft could have come up with.
It's a very good SCP.
>>
>>342208363

Hello Mr. SCP Buff,

Will the SCP community ever be good again? Will Clef and co. ever fall in a hole and die?

t. anon
>>
>>342208924
SCP-231
>>342208893
Read it again
She is one of seven girls who were impregnated with something really fucking evil
Each of the previous girls gave birth, and what came out was stronger and stronger every time, the last one requiring a nuke to kill
They're trying to keep her from giving birth, and they have some procedure, the details of which are not stated but it's implied to be some sort of horrible rape and beating though the author said that it wasn't that, it was worse
They have to keep erasing her memory so she doesn't ever get used to the procedure, it's crucial that she's awake and knows exactly what is happening
>>
>>342209197
>named doctors
SCP would be better off if every mention of one of those faggots was just expunged from the entire directory
Fuck Clef, fuck Bright, fuck Rights, fuck them all
>>
>>342209197
>Will the SCP community ever be good again?
What's wrong with it now? I haven't read many of the newer ones.
>>
System Shock 2 has been the only horror game that has succeeded at truly scaring me, rather than the jumpscare bullshit of modern horror, which is written by hacks.
>>
>tfw an SCP makes you sad
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-348
>>
>>342190961
Oh hey, I created that face for pathological when I made the Who Was Phone comic years ago in a shitty imitation of Lego Robot comics. I made something that endured, nice.
>>
>>342208924
That one, and the retarded one about the Mary Stu vampire or whatever, basically set the tone for over the top bullshit that they had really had to reign in to save the site. At least now their seem to be more stories about The Scary Door than the REDACTED that needs 9 popes performing Operation Spoiler Tags on a nuclear bomb to prevent REDACTED every 6 hours.
>>
>>342190961
just make a pewdiepie edit already
>>
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-990
>>
>that one scene in Matilda multiplied by a million
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-871
>>
>>342209332

General circlejerking faggotry among the members that have been there a while, along with all of the series 3 being irredeemable shit. A lot of really good SCPs get brushed over while hot garbage like 682 and 579 get hailed as the best the site has to offer. 579 is literally fucking nothing, the whole thing is one big DATA EXPUNGED and I swear to fucking god it was written as a joke and just to see how far they could push the rules. There are still really good entries to be found in series 2 and 3, it's fun, almost like trying to find nuggets of gold in landfill.
>>
>>342209913
Series 3 is pretty shit, but take a look at the best it has to offer
I give you "The Town That Got Fucked by Bears"
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2875
>>
>>342209913
682 is pretty good. It's not straight horror, but lets be honest, half the SCPs in Series 1 aren't horror and are still great.
Series 1 is godtier, Series 2 has a lot of good ones, and I never read much of Series 3.
>>
>>342209913
I hate 682. What a giant circlejerk.
>>
>>342210140
682 was definitely better before the article became a million entries long. Now I just want that thing to fucking die.
>>
>>342210151
The only reason it's still around is probably muh nostalgia and also as a marker for how overpowered and bullshit your SCP is allowed to be
You can't be more retardedly OP than 682
>>
>>342210140

682 is nothing but a placeholder so no one else can make a super scary monster that kills everything and can't die. That's all it should be. The attention it gets is dumb.
>>
>>342210209
I like the experimentation shit. That's what it's all about, really; experimentation and unknown shit.
>>
My favorite SCP is the videotape of the basketball game. I forget it's number but that one is pretty chill.
>>
>>342210019
While
>semi harmless shanigan at first, world ending disaster if left alone
Are entertaining but their kinda played out.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-871 is pretty much the same thing, I'm sure theres more examples that I hav'nt read yet either.
>>
>the air filter that does absolutely fucking nothing but every warning system the foundation has identifies it as the most dangerous object known to man
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-2472
>>
File: Dad! There's a monster....jpg (61 KB, 720x693) Image search: [Google]
Dad! There's a monster....jpg
61 KB, 720x693
>>342194617
I like implied or subtle horror too.
I also like the idea of "dread" in horror.
For example, instead of "oh shit, if the monster catches me, I'm dead!!!" fight or flight response, I prefer the "oh crap, I might have to fight that thing." feeling of dread.
>>
File: 1439993528337.png (171 KB, 474x309) Image search: [Google]
1439993528337.png
171 KB, 474x309
>>342210420

>experimentation on 682

>do literally anything to 682 other than keeping it in a bath of acid
>it fails and 682 kills everyone
>Kondraki or Clef or Bright or whatever snowflake of the month gets called in to save the day
>>
>>342210430
it's this one
>>342208048
>>
The bad joke tomato is my favorite SCP.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-504
>>
>>342190961
First time I played Silent Hill 3 I fluctuated between 4 and 5, although I was only 15 at the time.

I'm at a pretty consistent 3 on repeat playthroughs.
>>
File: 1336867490331.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1336867490331.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>342210420
>That time when they introduced it to 999
>Actual seems like 682 is mellowing out and enjoying himself
>Nope it was all a ruse and he gleefully murders everyone :^)
>>
>>342210557

plot twist
Dad owes money to this man on her bed
>>
File: 1463770881252.jpg (32 KB, 640x466) Image search: [Google]
1463770881252.jpg
32 KB, 640x466
>>342210430

>pretty chill
>watching people drift into insanity as they know that they are hopelessly trapped in a stadium with no chance of escape
>you want to keep watching the tape to see what happens next but you cant because doing so would force them to endure whatever horror lies ahead
>PRETTY CHILL
>>
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1048
Best one.
>>
The biggeat scare I ever got out of a video game was from fucking mine craft.

>start new game
>chop down tree
>somehow a cow got ontop of it and fell through the hole in the centre of the tree
>that fucking sound when I hit it

I didn't see it coming and tossed my mouse away
>>
>>342210953
Minecraft used to be sort of uncanny and eerie, especially in the early days
Definitely one of the better unintentional horror games at times
Shit game now, but, you know
>>
>>342210953
I remeber I was playing minecraft and was a good 100 blocks if not more underground.

No server or anything, a private map, and pretty far off from my starting down shaft.

For whatever reason I found a random sheep in the caverns.

I took the time to dig it back up to the surface, poor cave sheep
>>
File: space jesus.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
space jesus.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
Can you see the scary jesus face?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el2IISVhaGE
>>
>>342200620
I was driving a shortcut from Twentynine Palms, CA to Albuquerque, NM. Twentynine Palms is located in the desolate high desert east of LA. The shortcut was all two lane road through total nothingness, except for passing through Amboy, CA. Amboy is a nearly abandoned town nearly as far below sea level as Death Valley, with a dormant volcano and lava field on one side and a salt flat on the other. It was also, at the time, a hotspot for satanic group activity.

So I was driving by myself in the afternoon. I stopped in Amboy and snapped a picture of the city sign, just to prove I was there to friends who dared me to take that route to the I-40. I got back in my car and proceeded to drive up into the mountain range between Amboy and the I-40.

Once I reach the top I am driving north through a canyon with high grass on both sides of the road. Up ahead I see some stuff in the middle of the road. As I approach I slow down to see a red Pontiac Fiero stopped sideways across both lanes, a suitcase open with clothes scattered everywhere and two bodies laying face down in the road, a man and a woman.

I stop a hundred feet or so away and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. Being a Marine, I reach under the seat and pull out a 9mm pistol and chamber a round. Something seemed very wrong, it looked too perfect as if it were staged. An ambush? Was I being paranoid? Something was just wrong. Getting out of the car seemed unthinkable, it was the horror movie move. 1/2
>>
>>342211279
As I scanned the road I saw a line I could drive. Pass the guy in the road on his left, swerve to the right side of the woman, behind the Fiero and I'd be on the other side. I dropped it into first gear, punched it and drove the line I planned.

I passed the back of the Fiero without hitting it or either of the bodies in the road. I continued forward a couple hundred feet and slowed down so I could breathe and let my heart slow down. As I looked up into the rearview mirror I saw that the two bodies had gotten up to their knees and twenty or so people emerged from the tall grass on either side of the road by the car and bodies. At that moment my right foot smashed the gas pedal to the floor and did not let up until I had to slowdown for the I-40 east onramp.

I will never know what would have happened to me had I gotten out of the car to check on the bodies or stopped my car closer to them. Somehow I do not think it would have been good. Sometimes real life can be scarier than a movie. 2/2
>>
>>342211279
>tfw live in Albuquerque
Don't fuck with me like this
>>
>>342194617
Now I want a horror game with a note system like Dark Souls but with those symbols
>>
>>342197543
what does compromised mean? sorey im not good with English
>>
>>342190961
I'm 0 on that scale. I don't get scared from movies either.

It's not that I don't get scared in real like (except jump scare type things which never scare me), I'm scared of being underground, the ocean, black holes, waking up blind, etc but in games and shit my brain is too logical. I can't take it seriously.
>>
>>342211649
In this context, it basically means "our symbols have been figured out".
>>
>>342211649
In that case, it means "don't trust the symbols". "Symbols compromised" would mean "something fucked up is happening and the symbols are fucked now"
Like, "The mission's been compromised", that would mean the mission has failed.
>>
>>342211649
Something's fucked with the symbols and you shouldn't trust them anymore.
>>
>>342211792
>>342211839
>>342211878
I was happier not knowing this
>>
File: cabin in the woods.png (877 KB, 1600x864) Image search: [Google]
cabin in the woods.png
877 KB, 1600x864
>>342194617
relevant

>you are a government agent tasked with the study and containment of paranormal phenomena

>you are assigned cases to investigate.

>details include location, witness testimonies, photographs of objects or bodies found at the scene, etc. They don't directly give you the cause of the case but give you indirect hints as to what happened

>gameplay consists of the player running around trying to piece together what happened for each case.

>you find and photograph evidence, interrogate witnesses, and discover clues as to what is behind the events all while trying not to get killed.

Basically x files/scp but as a video game.
I think it would be cool to have a the player eventually find ways to contain the creatures they encounter

they could then view them in a gallery of sorts

which could also lead to a chapter where some or all of them break out and you have to escape the facility where they are kept. just like that one cabin in the woods scene.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (296 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
296 KB, 760x596
>>342211878
>>342211839
>>342211792
What if that's the only symbol they fucked with though?
>>
I think there has to be some sense that you're being followed all the time. To deliver a sense of constant paranoia and threat.
>>
>>342212037
Then the SCP is a master ruseman and therefore, instantly classed as Keter.
>>
For me, horror games either have shit gameplay or rely on stupid bullshit like jump scares (nearly every fucking horror game is guilty of the latter).

However for the handful of games that are ACTUALLY scary, I find that I cannot enjoy them simply because I don't find fear to be an enjoyable emotion to experience. It's... Depressing? Or at least this is how I find horror games that don't relly on jump scares. They paint completely fucked up worlds and situations pretty much beyond redemption. I dunno, I don't play games to get bummed out.

I guess I just don't like the genre.
>>
>>342211106
I remember when I first tried Minecraft blind, it used to be so dark and just hearing the noises or sudden cave sound scared the shit out of me
>>
>>342211397
How is it out there? Been there before. Seemed pretty cool.
>>
>>342211106

The original Myst had a weird way of doing that.
>>
File: mm-gen-15.png (8 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
mm-gen-15.png
8 KB, 320x224
There is something strange and unsettling about seeing this in a kids game
>>
I'm definitely a 0 on this scale
>>
>>342212037
That's exactly what's terrifying about it. You have no way of knowing if you're on your own.
>>
I'm a 1, but I got my free Gear VR and got really startled by a jump scare because it was IN YOUR FACE. Gives me hope for the genre.
>>
If you die in the game you die in real life.
>>
>>342212509
Russian roulette?
>>
>>342212509
Dokapon Kingdom?
>>
>See this thread
>Get spooked
>Have to go to the bathroom
>Staying over at my parent's house so turning on a pocast or a video would be a bad idea
wakemeup.jpg

At least I turned on the main light earlier when I got something to eat.
>>
>>342212316
Kinda shitty but it could be worse
Surprising amount of crime for such a small city
Breaking Bad is pretty accurate
>>
>>342212642
That something is eating you now
From the inside

Don't look at the moon
>>
>>342212642
Ever considered there's something standing behind you, completely docile until the moment you stand up and turn around?
Better stay in that chair anon, it's for your own safety.
>>
>>342212712
>Ramen is eating me from the inside
anon I'm sorry you kind of failed there

if anything that made me less scared
>>
>>342212658
That's what I hear. Kind of a shame. There's a lot of beautiful scenery.
>>
>>342212793
no because my mom is a horrible decorator and has a fairly large mirror directly in front of this desk
>>
>>342212810
But don't Ramen noodles kind of look like a bunch of tiny worms? Wriggling as they go down your throat?
>>
>>342212954
No, not really.

Not to mention that I used to eat ramen by just bashing the fuck out of it and only then cooking out
>>
File: heather_mason_by_bathory_aria.jpg (310 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
heather_mason_by_bathory_aria.jpg
310 KB, 1600x1200
Started playing silent hill 3 just recently. Never played one before but watched a playthrough of 2 cause I thought I would be too scared to play from jumpscares like outlast but instead it doesn't do that lame stuff. How good is the 4th game?
>>
File: 1465266925928.jpg (28 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
1465266925928.jpg
28 KB, 400x406
>>342212954

I don't that that's going to scare anyone including that guy.
>>
The only way a horror game could scare me was if an actual monster was coming out of the game for me, horror games just don't scare me I don't even flinch at jump scares anymore because of how obvious and overused they've become.
>>
>>342212882
Jesus Christ, that's even worse.
I'd avoid looking at that mirror at all costs.
>>
>>342213074
at this point I think he's trying to make me feel better

which kind of worked
>>
>>342200326
>it doesn't scare me so it isn't scary
Hardcore, dude. People like you are likely responsible for jump scares being so prevalent. Silent Hill 2 doesn't scare me, but I understand it's scary, and I love the atmosphere.
>>
watching this thread to read it in the morning

Too much of a pussy to read it right now
>>
File: file.png (423 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
file.png
423 KB, 636x358
>>342213109
Nice try anon you can't fool me
>>
Not too many games ever scared me before. Only one that truly terrified me was dead space 2. I had just gotten a 7.1 virtual surround sound headset(sony one). I remember it was right after school so the sun was still out. It was near the end where you meet that scary son of a bitch. I could hear it all over right in my ass. I was sweating even though it was cold at the time and my arms were shaking hard. Felt out of breath and a little light headed after it all ended. I've never experienced anything like it before and I long for that thrill again.

Only game that sorta gave me a thrill was outlast.... Until you realize you can run through everything. I find playing scary games with friends is how to do it. A nice surround sound system is definitely a must. One person begins to play and as soon as they scream, the controller gets passed to the next person. Pausing like a pus results in you still playing even if you screamed.
>>
>>342213209
me too, actually

pretty curious about some of the shit I saw earlier up thread but there is no way in hell I'm reading that shit at 4 AM
>>
>>342208026
I didn't stick around to figure out what was up with that room, shit was spooky
>>
>>342192207
I love me some NEO Scavenger, actually used one of the monsters to tell a scary story to kids I was counseling at a camp last summer.
>>
>Go to youtube to listen to some shit to get my mind off of spooks
>First thing in subscription is a rip of "Nightmare"
this isn't very grand
>>
>>342213213
No seriously, the first thing I would do is take it down.

>father gifts be a creepy picture and hangs it over my bed
>there's a "shattered" head looking at you with 1 eye with a kind of "Mona Lisa"-effect following you everywhere and a small distorted face with an impish smile
I try not to look at it.
>>
File: 1844.png (71 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1844.png
71 KB, 300x300
UWWAAAAAAAA
>>
>>342213456
We've got a handful of pictures that could look "creepy" but they're all in the dining room which is pretty out of the way.

The only shit I have in here is my old Pokemon poster and a wooden Vulpix I got when I was like, 8
>>
>>342213043
People will argue if it's good or not. I thought it was the last good one, and worth a shot
>>
>>342213525
S-SQUATTO?!
>>
HINDU SQUATTO?
>>
>>342201167
blightown in DS?
>>
>>342213043
4 is kind of repetitive and pretty dull for the most part, but it's not always bad.
The Room itself is the best aspect of the game, kind of what all those first person walking simulators were trying to accomplish years later.
It has a pretty unique atmosphere, anyway. 1st game is scary as fuck in a way that doesn't leave you even when you stop playing. 2nd game is full-on depressing. 3rd game is similar to the first, but with more gore and in-your-face type of scares than deep horror and mindfucks. 4th is relatively light on direct horror, but it's really creepy and unpleasant in a good way mostly.
>>
>>342213583
Thanks anon.
>tfw make it to the mannequin place.
>go to that room with the bullets and the one mannequin with the head. Inspect it and then hit it a few times cause why not.
>go to leave room amd hear a scream and go back to see the head on the floor and blood at the neck.
Does this happen if you don't hit it? Shit freaked me out
>>
>>342194617
>pray while shooting
>alternate reality entered
Damn, SCP stuff is great, such a perfect combination of wit and horror.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 99

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.