[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any playtesters on /v/? I'm mainly curious about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 245234524352345.jpg (50 KB, 720x401) Image search: [Google]
245234524352345.jpg
50 KB, 720x401
Are there any playtesters on /v/?

I'm mainly curious about how shit like pic related passes through the playtester trials. Do they not let you actually play the full game with all story segments intact? Do they literally not listen to your criticism, or are you just there to find bugs?
>>
testers are certainly there just to fix bugs, why would they care about your story criticisms a few months from release?
>>
>>342184285
i think your referring to the random street walkers they bring in to see if their product is going to do well but i forget what their actually called
>>
>>342184714
Around the time all of your testers say, "This is going to be horrible for your PR and long term trust in the industry."
>>
>>342184859
Focus testers?
>>
>>342184714
This. Play testers do not get creative input. They are assined morbid tasks "jump 100 times" "fire each gun 100 times" "go through this incredibly buggy level 100 times and tell us every time the game crashes"
>>
They're idiots but the super best friends do offer some insight on this
According to them most of their input on things that weren't bugs and even on some bugs was met with "what do you know, you're just a tester"
>>
>>342184967
That guy is mostly right, I'm a Playtester at Enzyme in Canada, AMA.
>>
>>342184967
God, I think that would kill my desire to play anything
>>
>>342185643
I mean, I have heard that playtesting for money burns people out on playing games.
>>
>>342185404
>Enzyme
Literally whom?
>>
>>342184967
>100 times
Pfffft, you must be talking about a smoke test at best.

Try 10,000+ times on an actual test.
>>
You only get a build of a section of the game normally. I have never Quality checked a full game and I've done it for 5 years
>>
>>342186149
Can you say what notable studios you've tested for?
>>
>>342185898
A quality assurance services enterprises for video games, apps and websites, we mostly work for Sega, Disney, Ubisoft, Square Enix and Activision.
>>
>>342186331
We mostly get contracted by German companies. most notable would probably be gameforge . We had a standing deal with coreplay for like a year but they went bankrupt
>>
>>342184967
The closest they get to creative input is by being a "proofreader" of sorts. There is the infamous story of the Valve play tester who got lost in the tunnels in Half Life 2 so they removed the tunnel that sent you back to the start
>>
>>342184285
Activision quality assurance here. We are literally just bug testers. Occasionally we will recieve a survey asking for overall feedback on the game, but that will almost never change the game that we've been working on. Game testers are the grunts of the vidya industry, not many actually care what you think.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.