[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you anons feel about the remastered Skyrim being $60?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Khajit1.png (127 KB, 254x330) Image search: [Google]
Khajit1.png
127 KB, 254x330
How do you anons feel about the remastered Skyrim being $60? I know I'll put at least another 200 hours in so it's worth it to me, but do you all think the HD graphics, mods, and all DLCs are worth the price tag of a new game? Especially considering PC players can upgrade for free?

>Discuss.
>>
bumppppp
>>
I don't particularly like it. If they hadn't have already released a version with all the DLC then it would be a bit more acceptable. But all you're really buying it for are graphics the PC version can easily beat, heavily moderated mods that can't overhaul the game really, and maybe better performance (on console is it even confirmed to be 60fps and shit?).

Allowing people to upgrade for free on PC is nice, although somewhat unnecessary considering mods can most likely out do any changes they'll implement. Regardless, it's nice. But for console it's not the best deal. Hell, if you're playing on console you have probably already accepted that Bethesda games are shit graphics and performance-wise. Overall this feels to me like they're trying to sell the game again with changes mods managed years ago to make a quick buck while working on whatever new game they have.
>>
File: prrffff.png (400 KB, 558x348) Image search: [Google]
prrffff.png
400 KB, 558x348
It's bullshit. It's not like a console can support the mods. In the limited time I played Skyrim, I used 4 gigs of v-ram and I'm pretty certain the ps4/xbox one don't have that much. Also, it's a shameless cash grab.
>>
If Another Life or whatever it was called isn't a mod, I'll laugh my ass off.
>>
>>342179081
Because you used visual mods 4k textures for everything most likely.

While the remastered - already has every texture looking good, compressed and to a balanced dimension for proper aesthetics - the mods would be just skins that will also have a balanced texture dimension and most likely mainly game-play mods.
>>
>>342179380
I played on 1080p. I think the grass took up 2 gigs. I fucking love good looking grass in games.
>>
Im so fucking pissed PC gamers get this game they dont derserve it hell they dont derserve games

PS4 is the real master race and PC needs to stop holding games back I mean I get I should not care this much as PC gammers are beneth us people smart enough to get a PS4 but fuck PC gamers are dumb and should be genocided
>>
The graphics were the least of the problems with Skyrim. But just like Final Fantasy, Bethesda fanboys and girls will buy a million copies of the same game.
>>
File: 1466457021301.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466457021301.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
>>342179880
>>
>>342179880
Bait, troll or false-flagging? Most likely everything at once.
>>
>>342178532

I wouldn't pay $60 for nothing practical to have changed. If you own a console it might make more sense, but if you are playing on PC this is a criminal waste of money for something mods do better and with some degree of options.
>>
File: 1358464371449.png (13 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
1358464371449.png
13 KB, 202x184
>>342178532
>I know I'll put at least another 200 hours in
Literally how? I couldn't even play it for 200 hours the first fucking time around, let alone again.
>>
>>342180732
Haven't done a full play through in years, and I'm somewhat of a completionist so I'm gonna end up doing all the factions fully. Add that to grinding, home making, all the DLC, side quests, and general exploring and 200 is easy mode in Skyrim.
>>
>>342181060

I'm a completionist and a huge fan of open world games. But Skyrim did both so poorly I couldn't even finish the game the first time. And no matter how many mods I added, it didn't fix the games main problems. Bethesda only upgrading the graphics isn't even going to do as much as mods.
>>
>>342181060
but the factions are shit
and the sidequests are shit
and the DLCs are shit
and the main quest is shit
and the "exploring" is shit
>>
You're filthy peasants with all the tools to ascend but you choose to stay in the dirt. You basically deserve whatever they dish out.
>>
>>342181232
Cool opinion brother. I on the other hand enjoyed Skyrim, even through all of it's monotony.
>>
>>342178532
I've got it on pc, so idc.

But if Todd the liar doesn't fix mod theft, I'll prob just rage and quit.
>>
>>342178532
>another
Don't worry about it. You already own Skyrim, so it'll be free for you.
>>
File: Wolverine_Hall_Exterior_View.png (1 MB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine_Hall_Exterior_View.png
1 MB, 1400x1050
I started with Oblivion, moved to Skyrim, and am now playing Morrowind.

And I really have to say, that as much as I'm enjoying Morrowind; fuck Wolverine Hall. Holy shit. Whoever thought the layout of this fucking place was acceptable needs to be shot.
>>
>>342181947
Nah. Had it on 360, now have a PS4.
>>
>>342178532
Is the remastered version a graphics upgrade only or did they also fix the lingering bugs modders had to fix with the unofficial patches?
>>
>>342182179
What's wrong with it? It's pretty much only used for the Mages guild, the Fighter's Guild, and the Imperial Cult, none of which are all that crucial and will be traversed a lot in any given playthrough.
>>
>>342182409
It's just a labyrinth, man. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually but there's no rhyme or reason to it. Finding Vivec's was easy enough. "Oh there's a foreign quarter, probably in there somewhere." Others like Balmora and Ald'ruhn are nice and orderly. But Wolverine Hall is like some interdimensional nightmare.

So far my go to plan for Wolverine Hall is; divine intervention, enter, turn left, and then go up for Mages, down for Fighters. The only thing that's keeping this from being ultra retarded for me is that thanks to all the jobs I'm doing for Fighters/Mages/Hlaalu, I'm swimming in drakes.
>>
>>342182179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyLFHqmUH_4
>>
>>342182179

It's really easy actually.

If you get there from the mage's guild, go downstairs one level to the imperial shrine, and then leave the hall to the right. Only enter and exit through that door.
>>
>>342182860
I had a harder time navigating Vivec for the first few games, but Wolverine Hall was easy, since there's only three points of interest and they're each stacked on top of each other.
>>
>/v/ hates on literally every triple A big name game
>still plays a game that needs 100 mods to be enjoyable
>is willing to pay for a game you already have

Quite sad.
>>
>>342183272
>>is willing to pay for a game you already have
If you already have it it is a free upgrade
>>
Anyone else find Elder Scrolls games boring as hell?
>>
>>342183389

>caring about shitty Bethesda "hd" graphics
>>
>>342183427
Sure there are. Series probably just isn't for you, nigga. It's all subjective. There's probably an anon on /v/ right this moment who genuinely holds Mighty No. 9 as his personal GOTY.

My advice about the boredom; read the ingame books. The games make a point of seeming like a regular fantasy on the surface until you read those. Then it's time traveling elf robot terminators, atom splitting sword niggers, literal snake people, Elven Dwarves fedoraing themselves out of existence, cat people determined by the phase of the moon they're born under. Sentient tree overlords, etc. That's the tip of the ice berg.

If the lore doesn't interest you, then nothing will and the series probably isn't for you.
>>
>>342183887
>time traveling elf robot terminators
time traveling elf genociding robot terminators. My bad.
>>
>>342183887
Well shit that sounds cool. I was into Morrowind but for some reason Oblivion and Skyrim weren't doing anything for me.
>>
>>342184089
Yeah, Morrowind really is the black sheep. Not to say it's bad, but even Daggerfall had a more "traditional fantasy" feel than Morrowind.

If you've played Oblivion, then you've met the Terminator. The Knights of the Nine was part save the world, part "Pelinal's hateboner for elves was so powerful not even death could contain it."
>>
>>342184443
Also continuing on that, you've also had his heart/android core the entire time, since the sewers. It was described as a blood red diamond.

Sounds familiar, don't it?
>>
>>342183272
>Imbliyign people like Skyrim
>>
>>342178532
I'm not going to buy it, so I honestly don't give a shit.

I just wish they'd put effort into making new content, or at least "remastering" games that actually need it like Morrowind, instead of moneygrabbing the console plebs.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.