[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So MGS:V is currently going at 30 bucks. Don't really give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: MetalGearOnlineMGSV.jpg (551 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MetalGearOnlineMGSV.jpg
551 KB, 1920x1080
So MGS:V is currently going at 30 bucks.

Don't really give a shit anymore about the solo since I've already completed it but what gives of MGO?
Kinda interested about it, is this shit still alive and well?
Anyone played it? If so how is it?

Just want some general info about the thing.
>>
Played some weeks ago on PS4, there are still alote of people playing it, it's fun but it gets boring, MGO2 was way better imo.
>>
File: 1428885746567.gif (708 KB, 408x303) Image search: [Google]
1428885746567.gif
708 KB, 408x303
Shameless bump.
>>
>>342175706
Shit should've precised that I'm asking for PC about the population.
Still, thanks for the info man.

Can you tell me how is the customization? I'm a sucker for that.
>>
>>342175346
it's fucking garbage don't do it
>>
>>342176557
Care to tell me why?
>>
>>342176648
Runnan and gunnan
>>
>>342176070
it's alright, it could have more facial options, more beards and more hairstyles, the clothes are also ok, there aren't a lot of options there too but most of them look good, the problem is that some of them are bought with MB coins, so you have to pay actual money for them. But it's mostly for silly hats and colours for your clothes.
>>
>>342176070
Its dead on pc

Not 'sort of dead only a thousand players' i mean dead dead. You cant find games through the matchmaker.

Called it day 1. MGO3 was absolute shit. I wish they had just released MGO2.
>>
>>342175346
they could have made MGO like Overwatch and made tons of money, but its just boring.
>>
File: 1336400879379.png (255 KB, 474x519) Image search: [Google]
1336400879379.png
255 KB, 474x519
>>342176753
Guess we're done.

Thanks chaps.
>>
File: 1442010646417.jpg (351 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442010646417.jpg
351 KB, 1920x1080
Tangentially related: how does one counter Hand of Jehuty spam during FOB missions? I got toyed with earlier today and I'm salty as all fuck.
>>
>>342176713
MGO2 was also run and gun but more skill oriented than MGO3
>>
>>342176648
Not him, but I stopped after seeing how unrewarding stealth gameplay was.

I love stealth in Metal Gear and it's my favorite way to play, but you're bound to earn more points for your team just by playing it like an FPS. You might occasionally capture a high value target but it takes way more effort than just getting killstreaks with a shotgun or sniping.

At that point you have to ask yourself why play MGO over an actual FPS.
>>
Konami should just fucking cancel mgo3 and contact the MGO2r guys and make a PC version of it.
>>
I'll give you the rundown:

Stealth on Infiltrators is broken and lasts way too fucking long - unless you're an Infiltrator, in which case it's too short to do anything.

Enforcers are too fucking tanky - unless you're an Enforcer, then your health is just OK.

Scouts are weak and lame from both perspectives.
>>
>>342178493
I dont think Kojima would appreciate that call

MGO3 was made by a totally seperate team. MGO2 was kojima and his team.
>>
>>342178760
This. Also -

playing as Enforcer = running underwater simulator. You move so retardedly slow
>>
>>342176713
Don't forget the spawn campan.

Seriously tho, mgo is terrible. Just don't
>>
It's boring. The new controls work great in solo play, but in multiplayer it turns it into a boring third person run and gun shooter (the fast moving shootem mechs don't help).

MGO2 wasn't stealthy or anything really, but its controls at least made it feel a bit more methodical. Kind of wish they'd bring the servers back up so I don't have to mod my PS3 to play it.
>>
>>342178760
Only shitters complained about infiltrators stealth camo and only shit infiltrators used it as a crutch, it always cast a shadow and before they added the shimmer to make it even more visible everyone could use e locators and maps were completely covered by both teams
>>
>>342176753
This.
And on consoles is dying too, which is why they gave up on MGO and went back to making FOB shit.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.