[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg (201 KB, 1200x1380) Image search: [Google]
dragon_age_inquisition1.jpg
201 KB, 1200x1380
What went wrong?
>>
>>342171196

no idea, I couldn't bring myself to finish the first one, desu.
>>
The developer

The Dragon Age setting had good potential, and fans would have been happy with a basic CRPG gameplay.
>>
2 and the Felicia Day DLC were so bad that people were (rightly) hesitant about this one
>>
>>342171196
/v/ cucks trying to relive TORtanic
>>
>>342171516
But was it BAD?
>>
>>342171583
I see /v/ hate on it a bunch, but it's just /v/.
>>
people still bought it - thats what went wrong. People don't learn on their mistakes. Faggots even going to buy new Mass Effect Andromeda for fucks sake
>>
File: 1452207304735.jpg (7 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
1452207304735.jpg
7 KB, 197x256
I kinda liked it
>>
File: 1466225762886.jpg (1000 KB, 1920x2581) Image search: [Google]
1466225762886.jpg
1000 KB, 1920x2581
>>342171196

I keep forgetting I have this on my Xbones harddrive. I'd never played a DA game before this.

-graphics are wildly inconsistent. Scenery and armor and weapons look nice but anything living looks like ass and is animated even worse.
-I have no idea what the story is or who a lot of the factions are and it wasn't clear to me that I was making big story choices by helping this one group over another until it was too late.
-Horse travel looks so bad I don't use it.
-I like that I could make my character into a small qt bara dwarf.
-Iron Bull is hot
-even for someone in the lgbt community the trans shit is just terribly in your face and pandering
-all the sidequests are mmo-tier "go here and kill/collect x for a tiny xp buff and some shit you don't want"
-crafting is kind of confusing
-loot system is awful
-combat is actually kind of fun and I like switching people on the fly
-I hate that I'm stuck as one class. don't know if theres a way to change that down the road
-the whole inquisition thing is frustrating bc all the missions I'm sending people on sound way more interesting than anything I'm actually playing
-I hate cassandras accent and hope she dies
-I keep gaining party members I'm never going to use
-multiplayer is dead
>>
File: BiowareComm.png (756 KB, 1197x496) Image search: [Google]
BiowareComm.png
756 KB, 1197x496
>>342171570
Wrong

TORtanic had a fucking colossal budget and a lot of hype generated over years, this was also back when Bioware hadn't fully become a husk of itself and it's before ME3, when people had more faith in the studio. The game flopping was literally a case of "too big to fail" failing. What made it even funnier was it's retarded petulant fanbase apologizing for how bad the game was on the Bioware forums.

DA:I is post-ME3 post-TORtanic post-Dragonage2 when many have completely lost hope in Bioware, and the bar was set pretty low but still failed to clear it.
>>
I couldn't finish it, but I will say the combat is better than the Witcher 3. Everything else is worse, though.
>>
Pacing was awful. Gets boring really quickly because of the MMO tier quests. Shame because I actually did like some of the cast.
>>
>>342171196
It was ok. Could have been great but the shoehorned SJW shit really ruined my immersion.
>>
>>342171479
>good potential

its literally the most generic fantasy setting I can imagine in video games, right next to dragon's dogma
>>
>>342171683
No, it isn't just /v/. The game is a solid okay/10 with a horribly obvious in-your-face agenda.
>>
Inquisition OR 2?
>>
>>342171479
I pirated it.
>>
>>342172903
2 has bad everything, though. The choice is obvious.
>>
>>342172586
so not entirely bad?

>>342173101
lol
>>
>>342172613
Holy shit, my sides
>>
>>342172613
Wrong. Shitters on posted incessantly about how bad dai would be for 2 years before the game came out because they wanted a new meme. Then they got BTFO by the game being actually good, GOTY intact. This caused such intense butt frustration that those proven wrong have been unable to stop their flood of tears
>>
Nothing, Inquisition was good
>>
>>342171196
As someone who liked DA:O, (More than I would like to tell) and thought DA 2 was super meh. I think It trys to mix DA:O And DA2.....It works....sometimes...
>>
The whole "kill portals for currency to unlock areas" thing was pants on head retarded.

Also, using the subtitle of Inquisition just implies that you might be doing things wrong.

Other than that, load times.
On the other hand, all you got to do is recruit Iron Bull, invest in HP regen potions and you win the game.
Hooray?
>>
>>342172586
I mean im trans and ostensibly in the demographic this game was pandering to, and i just didn't give a shit. i dont see why people get so bent out of shape about it, its biowares stupid fantasy setting let them do what they want with it
>>
It was dull as hell
The most fun I had with it was with the bad future and Winter Palace questlines.
Everything else was just generic fantasy shit menaced by a villain who had zero presence.
>>
>>342173291
tru dat
>>
>>342173275
You're not even trying.

>>342173262
Spot the newfag.
>>
>the entire fucking magic system/combat

It's almost a joke. Dragon Age always was pretty generic fantasy, but at least it had some interesting spells.

Inquisition shits all over it with FIRE SPELLS/ICE SPELLS/HEAL SPELLS THAT'S IT BESIDES SOME SHITTY NEAR USELESS SPECIAL TREES YOU CAN UNLOCK

Also you get most of the spells really fucking early on and it makes the game a joke with how "strong" (not interesting) the spells are.
>>
>>342173514
/pol/lacks get buttflustered about anything that isn't a straight white christian male with a housewife. The further you deviate the more asspained they become, even in a fucking fantasy setting. I saw /pol/ -tier threads with people bitching about how robot love in Overwatch is trying to pander to SJW and the LGBT community.

It's like these retards have never opened up a sci-fi book from the past 40 years. I just ignore them, or laugh.
>>
>>342175092
What about the combat genius

>>342175442
Does that mean you like inquisition?
>>
>>342175731
No, it sucked. The gameplay was trash and I didn't care for the writing or story. I wanted to like it too because I really liked the first one, but it just felt completely off to me. Played for about 14 hours before shelving it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.