[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mount and Blade Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Anyone still play Warband as much as I do?
Thought I'd give clash of kings a bash this week

Thoughts and hopes for Bonerlord/Bannerlord
>>
>>342170812
I still play Vanilla every now and then. It's great.
>>
I'm too poor to afford a pc, should I get warband for ps4?
>>
>>342170953
I was thinking of doing vanilla again but it would feel irritating without Diplomacy at the very least
>>342171042
Itso an amazing game but I can't imagine the combat working well with controllers
Also a big part really is mods.
Seriously there are mods like Rome or lotr etc that practically make it a whole new thing and I doubt consoles will have any such support.
>>
I'm playing it right now. Any recommended mods?
>>
File: wRVWChh.jpg (6 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
wRVWChh.jpg
6 KB, 300x415
Warband is pretty fucking great for a game essentially 8 years old. It's very basic though of course but there's still a lot to do and it's usually quite enjoyable.

I'm just worried that Bannerlord isn't going to be the massive improvement that everyone (or myself at least) is expecting. There's a lot of cool stuff like weather, the updated map and the siege mechanics, and of course the graphics, and I'm sure there's more quests and stuff like that. I know a lot of people have been expecting some co-op campaign type feature which I'm almost certain we won't get, it would be fucking great if we did but we won't. Apart from that honestly I don't know how much is new or an interesting addition. I'll still get it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it like I did Warband but I have a feeling there will be a lot of wasted potential.
>>
>tfw playing native despite having played mods before

Seriously the base game is pretty good. It's also autistic as fuck especially those quests.

Also what are some mods?
>>
Wait is the game out yet?
>>
>>342170812
conquered entirety of calradia once on the easy difficulties and went for removing crutches and taking handicaps then settled for only beating it once
>>
File: 1410151747697.gif (8 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1410151747697.gif
8 KB, 645x773
>>342172090
HAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>342171910
desu i would be happy with just getting more quests, getting the same 3 quests from villages/lords etc is gayh
>>
>>342170812
Sadly I have to wait for Kingdom Come for my open world historical experience.

>tfw no 1:1 scale map of M&B's kingdoms to explore
>>
I mean this more in a way that I'm disappointed in myself. I really just don't like how Mountain Blade plays. I can tell there's a great game here, but I just can't get into the combat. It's not the directional attacks or anything, I like those. It's something about how the enemies move and behave. I just can't get into it or take it seriously. I really tried. Maybe the sequel will be a lot better for me.
>>
>>342170812
I'm hoping for more RPG stuff in it. But that's a slim hope. Or the ability to marry, have a kid and continue on playing as that kid. I'd love to found a dynasty.

What I wouldn't give for kingdom specific storylines, too.
>>
>>342171690
Depends what you like but
>Floris
is definitely a good all round enhancer

Good fantasy mods
>Prophecy of Pendor
>Phantasy of Calradia

and good realism war mods
>Gekokujo
> 1468 Ad Middle Europe
>Romae Bellum
>>
>>342172689
Yeah I'm really hoping for some almost CK2 style family system, but I know again that won't happen. It seems like a natural progression for the game to make seeing as you can get a wife in the first one but have no children? Why can't you have children and heirs, then play as those heirs when your character dies of old age? They did say something about making time more meaningful in the game so who knows maybe they've already done that and haven't talked about it, doubtful though.
>>
>>342170812
I've been playing Warband on and off for a couple of years, I still can't get into it because I'm dumb

Maybe I should try it again with some mods.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.