[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened /v/? We used to have threads about this game all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: no man sky.jpg (29 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
no man sky.jpg
29 KB, 1280x720
What happened /v/?
We used to have threads about this game all the time. No we are closing in on release day, in the pre-order phase where sales are scrutinized the most, you've gone silent. Help a nigger out.
>>
>>342151437
Most likely going to be boring.
>>
File: Sporebox.jpg (54 KB, 256x355) Image search: [Google]
Sporebox.jpg
54 KB, 256x355
>>342151437
>>
>>342151437
Go to bed, Sean Murray.
>>
>>342151437
It was more or less a confirmed scam, so people lost interest.

The sudden 60$ pricetag didn't help either
>>
Because were lacking a huge amount of information, which could lead to it being shit. How long is the journey to the center, what if it's over in about 3 hours? How repetitive will it get, going places, gathering the shit you need to get to the next galaxy, and repeating?
>>
>>342151437
Anytime No Man's Sky was ever talked about on /v/ it was heavily panned, mostly with people running on outdated/plain false information, as /v/ likes to do. If you're looking for words towards NMS' quality, or positive attributes, look elsewhere.
>>
>>342151437
>closing in on release day
dude in what way are we close to august 8th (or 9th, i don't exactly know)? are we supposed to have a shillthread every day till august?
>>
>>342151437
I'll sum it up for you

Wow whats the game about?
>LOOK AT ALL THE PLANETS AND EXPLORING

Wow looks great! Lots you could do with this idea!
So what do you do?
>LOOK. AT. THE. AMOUNT. OF. PLANETS.

Uhh... right but what do you do....
>well you can explore all the planets, theres so many of them! oh and we have these big rocks that you can find too

oh. well. thats great but what do you do?
>PLANETS!!! WOOOO
>>
>>342151908
Just curious how is it a scam? I don't know much about this game.
>>
>>342151437
The shill marketing of this game is fucking textbook. Right before preorder was announced we get threads made by dubious posters shilling this game hardcore. No real details in their posts, just shit like "This game is going to be so exciting and fun! I can't wait!".
Then we have this lull where obviously the publisher didn't pay for constant shill marketing so the boards go silent in regards to NMS.
My prediction, and really its not Nostradamus-esque, is about 2 to 3 weeks out the publisher is going to start forking over those dollars again to Shill Post Inc. and we'll see those threads return.
>>
>>342152276
see
>>342152251
>>
File: yellow.jpg (334 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
yellow.jpg
334 KB, 1000x1500
The biggest challenge for me is finding a pussy that is both tight and deep. Smaller girls have tighter pussies but you can only go about half shaft deep before you are pounding that wall and they start complaining. Taller girls have the depth but good luck trying to get any traction in that cavern.

My only hope is that procedural generation can solve this.
>>
>>342152298
I never really got the shillposters thing. Or rather, I doubt it's as bad as people say it is or that it even exists. Although that's probaly because every time someone says they like a game, they will get accused of shillposting.

Like, if Bloodborne got announced for PC release tomorrow and someone made a thread saying that they're excited they finally get to play the game they'll be accused of shilling. Even if it's totally reasonable for someone to make a thread about that and even if Bloodborne has been out for a while now and it barely needs anymore marketing.
>>
>>342152670
Solution: Fuck a trap's boypussy
>>
>>342152796
You can spot the difference though. That pc dude who is excited to play will include some substance to his post, whether it is a story, talk about friends playing it, or just shoving his cock down a sonyggers throat. A marketeer just makes a post saying they are excited and moves on to the next thread.
>>
>>342152670
Find a chick who likes her cervix getting poked, they exist.
>>
>>342152670

The answer is to fuck small women and just ram the full length home.
>>
>>342152670
>My only hope is that procedural generation can solve this.
kek! it'll be the same pussy with a slightly different color.
>>
>>342153113
Well yeah but /v/'s style is to make 5 threads about the same topic when big news hits for weeks on end and people are likely to be part of some or even all of those threads at once.

They're not going to repeat themselves and they're not going to copy/paste, so they might just say they're excited and nothing more since they did the whole song and dance earlier or elsewhere
>>
>>342152251
all I wanna do is explore planets, though. it looks comfy, I've seen a lot of neat environments from the various trailers and streams. it's a shallow game, and I don't expect any more from it than that, but that's what I want because no other games like it exist yet.

It's like Space Engine except softer sci-fi and less autism, how is this such a repulsive concept to people
>>
>>342152251
>i'm literally a fucking retard who hasn't watched a single gameplay video

lol wow
>>
File: 1361600415819.jpg (36 KB, 252x291) Image search: [Google]
1361600415819.jpg
36 KB, 252x291
What happened /v/?
Market research showed 4chan users should be extremely responsive to space games. Now that we are closing in on release day, when it's our firm's last chance of making money before word gets out that our product is mediocre, I don't see enough publicity on the front page. Help a merchant out.
>>
>>342153787
Enlighten us then, what is there to do other than
Fly ship to planet
Resource gather
Upgrade ship
Repeat.
>>
File: 1461683880842.jpg (635 KB, 2089x1409) Image search: [Google]
1461683880842.jpg
635 KB, 2089x1409
I didn't believe in shills until No Game's Play came along.
>>
>>342153560
>>342153113
there's also false-flagging morons who make threads specifically to sound like marketers, in order to cause shit-posting and get the game a reputation of being shilled.

In all honesty there's likely a combination of honest fans, marketers, and shitposters making threads. The overwhelming response on /v/ from what I've seen has been hostile to this game, so the marketers are failing in any case.
>>
>>342154346
I doubt marketers would be so brain dead, especially since their job is stealth marketing.

Honestly it's more likely it's just the same idiots trying to be funny than anything else.
>>
>>342154373
>>342154618
this
>>
>>342154346
see, those are mostly blatant false-flagging posts. the use of >literally is what makes it clear.

Especially because the actual game is very much NOT a "u can do anything :D" style, it's pretty fucking limited, and the actual marketing has never presented it as anything but. It's not "the next spore", but that's /v/'s narrative.

I guess there's a point that this sort of game SHOULD aspire to be more than what it is, but compare the marketing pitches of NMS and BotW - Nintendo cannot shut up about all the possibilities you have, 100 playstyles for 100 players, so many ways to accomplish a task, showing off all sorts of TECHNOLOGY, etc. Both open-world games, but BotW is really really trying to push the "u can do anything" angle. we'll see how true that is, of course.

Whereas the actual marketing for NMS is just all about the amount of planets, variety of environments, immersive nature, etc. Nobody is trying to trick you into thinking that the game has more substance than it really does, it's your own damn fault for seeing what they've shown and reading more into it than that. the game could still be boring shit, of course.
>>
>>342154754
Doubt
>>
>>342154958
>could be boring as shit
Naw, fampai, I can tell there's nothing fun about walking simulator in space
>>
>>342151437
It has been delayed. August now.
>>
>>342153750
You might as well just save the money and get Proteus
>>
>>342151437
We moved on.
>>
>>342151437

It was delayed a few times. Even before /v/ took regular interest they were having things like floods in the office. I don't play on buying it because it looks like it's suffering from Starbound-tier procedural generation.
>>
>>342151437
I don't have high hopes for this it's literally a walking simulator except you're in a ship
>>
>>342155641
have YOU played proteus? It's a nice enough half-hour, but that's all. Nothing to interact with, not NPCs or enemies, no combat of any sort. No flight. No other locations. pixel-art-style graphics.

Why do you think it would be an equivalent experience?
>>
>>342155927
>Why do you think it would be an equivalent experience?

>It's a nice enough half-hour, but that's all.
>>
>>342151657
Spore at least had creature editors that were fun to play with.
>>
>>342156210
that was the only thing it had.
>>
Ignore the anti-shill shills. They're paid by competitors to talk sh** about this game. No Man's Land is going to be absolutely amazing, and you're going to feel left out when everyone is playing it! To ensure maximum fun, buy a copy or three and give them to your friends. What more fun is there than flying around with your fellow 4chanbros exploring alien worlds? You know the Wonders of the World? Imagine that but on every-single-planet. All unique, all wondrous.
>>
>>342156290
Yeah. Yeah...
>>
>>342156369
But there's no multiplayer.
>>
>>342156369
this is anti-anti-anti-shill i guess
>>
>>342151437
We all concluded it'd be shit, and now we're waiting.

My honest opinion? If we had high fidelity VR it might be good, just on the grounds of wow-factor and immersion. As it stands, it'll be crap.
>>
>>342156612
I already have a monitor anon.
>>
>>342156504
Of course there is, with a little creativity and good ol' Western ingenuity. For example, one idea is you can play on a third party communication platform where you speak to one another with your Headsets while exploring the vast universe. It is almost as if you're in a USS Enterprise of your own (or any other popular ship from your favorite television series).
>>
>>342156684
As we all do - and that's the issue. I think the game bet on being able to deliver some form of VR, and I similarly think that hype was around that. The idea of being totally immersed in this massive (although sparse player wise) universe.

The reality is, however, that it's just going to be procedural planet hopper with no USP AND no VR to make the experience more than it would otherwise be.
>>
>>342156556
Do not listen to this person. This is what I mean by people paid to talk negatively about No Man's Land. Articles on the internet show that the competition is scared of this game, and so they will do anything possible to slander it with lies. They are wrong. Please, buy the game and see for yourself.
>>
>>342156369
>competitors
Like who? minecraft?
>>
>>342151437
It was revealed that no terrain changes will be saved under any circumstances and that there will be no player-made bases, which was kind of the cool thing about exploring a universe large enough to have entire planets to yourself. It's lost QUITE A LOT of its charm. I'll still probably buy it when it sells for 20-30 USD but otherwise, I'm completely disinterested.
>>
>>342156773
... So no multiplayer ?
>>
>>342157173
Please call No Man's Land's customer support or visit their message boards for an answer to this question. I am a fan eagerly anticipating No Man's Land's release, so unfortunately I cannot answer your question.
>>
>>342156773
are you pulling this out of your ass?
And just talking to your friends on discord while playing doesn't mean the game is multiplayer, you weirdo.
That way, all games are multiplayer. it's a tautology.
>>
>>342157416
I cannot answer your question as I am reading Articles on the internet about No Man's Land and planning my future space exploration. Please refer to this message: >>342157359.
>>
>>342157416
Just to interject, it's not a tautology - it's a falsehood. The reasoning isn't circular, it's just based on a false definition of multiplayer.
>>
Too bad about the delay, will probably still buy it. Most of the posts I've seen on /v/ are just false infos or stuff that's been overblown, I've watched gameplay videos so I don't think my expectations are irrealistics.
>>
>>342157713
it's a falsehood that causes a tautology.
If all games are multiplayer, then the property of multiplayer has no logical value as it's always true.
>>
So what do I miss if I watch one episode of a Lets Play where they discover the center?
>>
>>342151437
>We used to have threads about this game all the time
>game

that remains to be seen.
>>
>>342157927
You will miss getting scammed.
>>
>>342157030
>that there will be no player-made bases, which was kind of the cool thing about exploring a universe large enough to have entire planets to yourself.
Literally only autists wanted that
>see that universe with a fucktillion planet you can land on?
>how about you stick to like five of them? Or go ahead and build your shit everytime you step on a hill because that wouldn't look ugly as sin.

100% of the retards pushing this are the same kind that whined about NMS not being Star Citizen with less budget and more content, because it's obvious that to succeed in the vidya industry as an indie dev you should delivers the same kind of games AAA companies do.
>>
>>342153750
I'm with you friend, I just wish it had the distance scale from elite dangerous as well as EDs ship load outs (equipping modules and shit)
>>
>>342157889
Yes, you're actually right. Whilst his argument isn't circular it's a direct repetition.
>>
>>342158036
I guess it's hard to view it as a game when you pretend the gameplay footage doesn't exist or doesn't count.
>>
It's the world's first anti-social mmo

I love it but nomies hate it cause they want to "group up","form parties" and "play together".

Personally I'm more optimisitc. I like the idea of playing a game where I do nothing but avoid people and have literally all of space to flee to when people show up to bother me.
>>
>>342157416
No, it's a pretty obvious joke.
>>
>>342158412
The point of having a home base isn't to sit there for-fucking-ever. There is an END GAME. I want to be able to do something after I beat the fucking game, man. Just retiring as a racer to the center of the galaxy into some pirate or trader sounds fucking stupid to me. I'm sure that by the time you have been through the hoops of collecting fuel on every fucking planet you've HAD to stop at, you wouldn't even be that interested in new places once you've reached the center. I'm not sure if it's a rumor, but I've also heard that the prize for reaching the center is a fucking warp drive, which completely circumvents the problem of the game's goal being contrary to having a home base. Calling somebody an autist for wanting a whole world to call his own to meet with friends on in established bases isn't really something I expected out of someone who seems to actually CARE for the genre. I'm sorry that I'm fucking tired of the same basic mechanics appearing in EVERY SINGLE space travel game. I, and a lot -- a LOT -- of other people were really excited for this, and I'm sorry I offended your static view of video game genres by being one of the thousands of disappointed people.
>>
>>342159678
>autist

No one cares faglord. At no point did the game sell bases. Maybe you shouldn't expect games to add things they have no reason to add and you'll end up being less disappointed
>>
This game better have character customization.

I won't buy it unless i can wear a varsity jacket, sporting a pompadour and register unknown aliens through the universe.
>>
>>342160353
The nigger making it already said you'll never see you character.
Infact he said the only way you'll know if your character is a beautiful black woman or a cis male is if another person sees your character and tells you what you look like. But here is the kicker... you can't see other players!
>>
>>342160154
Okay so maybe he rambled a bit, literally too much for me to care read without my glasses. But I think I get the idea.
>didn't sell bases
Dude, they hinted at them from day one. Their FIRST piece gameplay footage was them landing on a planet, scopin' some sweet fucking dinosaurs, and BAM; edited terrain. People lost their minds over this shit. I'm probably still going to like the game for what it has, since I liked Elite Dangerous enough to put in hundreds of hours AFTER they released the second one that I didn't want to buy, but fuck would it be cool to have a planet to you and your friends only.
>>
didn't he say that big changes will be saved for everyone. like making a large cave system. I think he just said small things won't save such as killing a single bird or making a small hole in the ground.
>>
more like No Man's Buy

i'll still probably buy it
>>
>>342152251
I would be down to look at planets if they confirmed real Co-op.
>>
>>342161509
I've always like games were you can fuck around and destroy other peoples shit. No one does this well though.
>>
>gameplay includes "look at shit" and "be a merchant or whatever the fuck"
Game's already confirmed boring. The people trying to sell it can't even name more than two things to do.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.