[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be real Mega fags, how does it feel to have been fucked over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10
File: dina dun fucked.jpg (98 KB, 630x389) Image search: [Google]
dina dun fucked.jpg
98 KB, 630x389
Be real Mega fags, how does it feel to have been fucked over for nearly a decade?
>>
Saddened and disappointed to be honest.
>>
I am finally giving up on the series, there's no point.
>>
>>342143232
I become numb to this pain long ago.
>>
Feels pretty bad, honestly.
Though I guess it's better dead than bad. Better have no new games than new shit games.
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
Not that bad.
I wanna say I gave $10 and generally forgot about the backing after the first year. Everytime it was "pushed back", I just gave up...Because I'm rich. And $10 isn't much
>>
stopped caring about mega after capcom blamed fans for "not wanting" legends 3
>>
File: Rich.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
Rich.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
>>342143232
It hurts
>>
File: JUST.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>>342143232
>tfw fan of mega man and metroid and seeing both of these series die
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>342144450
That looks awful, yet it still looks a million times better than the in-game graphics.
>>
I made peace with it considering there's already hundreds of decent games and the nes versions constantly get romhacks. What I'm not happy about is now there are two Ghostly Adventure-level attempts at revivals going on right now. Just let it seep back into the earth.
>>
File: end it.png (492 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
end it.png
492 KB, 692x577
>>342145542
I like you.
>>
>>342144803
Metroid might have a chance at rebirth
>>
>>342143232
Better than how Castlevania fans have been treated
>>
>>342143232
>tfw a Megaman movie is announced
>still no new game announced
>>
File: 1437370287238.jpg (1 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
1437370287238.jpg
1 MB, 2816x2112
>>342143232
I'm just going to burn it all
>>
Sad, but not the end of the world.

MM9 and MM10 were alright.

Additionally, ZX and SF sucked, and as if that wasn't hint enough, CLEARLY Capcom needed to watch X-Over fail hilariously. Capcom needed some karma.

So, yeah, I'm just waiting to see the new game for 2017, hoping it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with that God awful-looking Man of Action TV show.
>>
I grew out of MM long ago, so I don't really give a shit about the franchise anymore.

You can only do the same jumping and shooting for so long until it just becomes tedious and all just sort of melds together.

I still like them as games, but there's no denying that constantly rehashing the same gameplay just made the series stale. A fresh take on the gameplay with the actual IP would be more beneficial to MM at this point for me, rather than some business guy trying to ape off of "nostalgia" by hacking together a shitty clone of the aspects I grew bored of long ago.
>>
I really don't care about megaman escpially all these derivatives that are based on classic rather than X.

Games need to evolve in complexity. Jump+slide+shoot+charge up was fine for the NES. That's why mm9&10 were not worth looking at for me. In the X series they added a lot of neat tricks you can do with the walls and air dashing, and eventually even an air hover but even that got stale. The series needs to go beyond that and add entirly new mechanics, and I'm not just talking about giving him a few more guns.
>>
>>342144803
Metroid will likely be fine. A crummy spinoff won't hurt anything, itll sell bad so they'll just assume to not make crummy spinoffs.
We'll get a regular metroid soon enough.
>>
>>342143232
Mega man 9 and 10 were ALL I fucking wanted. Would it kill them to make 11 &12 like those games?

Capcom is fucking retarded.
>>
>>342148630
Zxa was fun.
>>
>>342151407
If they were all you wanted then guess what? You got them. Enjoy!
>>
>>342150480
Megaman evolved. That's precisely why it turned into absolute shit. The X franchise, the Saturday morning anime shit, Mighty n°9... All these games are missing the point of the original games.
>>
>>342151609
Already did my man. I wanted new games after them but Capcom didn't provided me any
>>
>>342151486
No, it really wasn't.

The only fun thing about ZX was Omega.
>>
>>342143232
>tfw I didn't back it
I still bought it because I enjoyed the demo I pirated, and think the fill thing would be worth the £10 it costs from a key site
>>
>>342151636
I had more fun with the X series than any of the classic games. X was faster because of all the air mobility you had. Boss fights were crazy fun with the wall mechanics as it really brought the Y axis into play, while classic megaman is almost entirely about movement on the X axis.

I'm not sure why people think the classic games were anything special, they were mediocre until X4 which introduced enough mechanics and refined enough level design to make it interesting. The best game by miles in the classic series was Rockman and Forte which was already experiemtning with many X concepts.

The only real problem with the X series was that they were easy, although me and my friends fixed that by never using E-tanks and skipping the armor upgrades. You could also say that classic megaman is pretty easy too, with the exception of Rockman and Forte.
>>
>>342143232
I'm pretty disappointed, but honestly, I stopped giving a fuck when Megaman Legends 3 got cancelled.
>>
>>342153040
You played MM1 right?
>>
>>342143232
Numb. Just numb.

There's a certain liberty in hopelessness though (to quote Yahtzee); things can't get 101% fucked.
>>
I'm absolutely glad I stopped giving a fuck long before MN9 because I had enough of MM2 rethreads already

Whatever happens I'm just watching the fireworks
>>
>>342144450
>Because I'm rich
LONDOR
O
N
D
O
R
>>
Mega Man got into Smash his his purest possible incarnation.

I consider that a proper burial. Anything that happens after that is just posthumous joking, same with Sonic. I wish they'd let the legends alone, but let them bleed themselves dry of money trying to scrape back their former glory. Who cares anymore?
>>
>>342145542
>What I'm not happy about is now there are two Ghostly Adventure-level attempts at revivals going on right now. Just let it seep back into the earth.

MN9 and what's the other one?
>>
>megaman universe got cancelled
>legends 3 got cancelled
>we got a shitty phone game
>megaman online game got cancelled
>MN9 is shit
Just fuck my shit up fampai
>>
>Mega Man 10 is about a prototype version of the Maverick Virus
>Sigma gets killed on the moon in Mega Man X8 and his virus form can't get back to Earth
It's an okay ending
>>
>>342154890

9 and 10 kinda sorta hint at a connection with X series, but they never fully made the connection. Really, I'd love for there to be one last final classic MM game to tie up the plot.

That's what MM10 should have been.
>>
File: Make Londor Great Again.png (253 KB, 560x840) Image search: [Google]
Make Londor Great Again.png
253 KB, 560x840
>>342154139
MAKE LONDOR GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>342154890
But he got killed in Space in X4
...And X7
>>
File: QuestionsMrks.jpg (47 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
QuestionsMrks.jpg
47 KB, 1300x866
>>342143232

The Dina Disaster was the most painful part of this whole MN9 debacle.

It truly feels like they appealed to the Megaman audience for cash. Then immediately abandoned the community to appeal to normies.
>>
>>342156096

The Dina shit was completely overblown bullshit and had no bearing on the game ending up being shit.
>>
File: 1466016769100.png (256 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
1466016769100.png
256 KB, 692x577
As an X series fan im thankful we at least had Zero on MvC3
>>
>>342156420
>Zero
>accepting his death
This motherfucker came back to life god knows how many times
>>
>>342156762
That's why he's accepting his death, he knows it don't matter.

None a' this matters.
>>
File: 1363357347347.jpg (49 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1363357347347.jpg
49 KB, 480x480
>>342156096
>The Dina Disaster was the most painful part of this whole MN9 debacle.
Really? not the constant delays? not the removal of features? not the fucking staff going silent for months at a time? not Inajew claiming they needed more money?
You really think the whole SJW GG drama was worst for the game than all of the above?
Are you a goober by any chance?
>>
>>342143232
When it comes to Mega man's franchise, I'm already used to being dissapointed.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.