[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World of Warcraft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 10
File: wall1-1600x1200.jpg (441 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wall1-1600x1200.jpg
441 KB, 1600x1200
>All this pruning of abilities

So we can all agree that they are making plans to port it to console right?
>>
Are we down to 4 abilities? Maybe 8 if you hold the L or R button so you can switch between ability windows.
>>
>>342135438
ffxiv has plenty of abilities and they managed to make it work smooth.
>>
>>342136708
FFXIV is awful on console.
>>
>>342135438
i heard it's going down to 4 abilities and they're reducing the game world down to a single instanced dungeon with 3 paths or "lanes" if you will. mobs creep along these lanes while the player characters fight to shift the tide of battle closer to the enemy faction's keep.
it sounds fine to me, really. the game was way too complicated before.
jklol
>>
To be fair there are starting to be way too many abilities per class, can barely even fit them all on the UI much less bind them in a comfortable manner
>>
>>342135040
>>342135438
>>342138250

Samefagging checked
>>
>>342138749
This

But also not. I like having tools for every situation, but I don't like dicking around with chapters worth of hot keys and binds in order to be remotely efficient.

There has to be a middle ground out there somewhere
>>
People said the same things and posted the same action bar screenshots when WoD came out and look how that turned out. I've still got a bar full of abilities.

It's going to be the same shit in Legion.
>>
>>342139434
>idk how to macro
>>
>>342137613
The PS4 version is literally a copy paste of the PC version.

You can even plug in keyboard+mouse on console
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 994x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 994x240
>>342135040
Nah, Blizzard just thinks their average WoW player today is a dumb as shit normie.
>>
>>342141880
Its weird because classes like Fury warrior have so many fucking buttons while others are lacking severely.
>>
Too many abilities are dumb. They should be high impact, medium-to-long cooldown. Anything else is just filler to pretend your combat is engaging.
>>
>>342142012
Enhance shamans have like 15 offensive skills.
My BM monk has 4.
Yeah.
>>
File: what.jpg (29 KB, 441x260) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
29 KB, 441x260
>>342139067
>>
>>342135040
No, the lead designers are just retarded.
>>
>>342140638
>make a bunch of macros
>wwaaaahhhh why is my action bar so empty ;((((
>>
>>342136708
This. But that's mainly because the base global cooldown is one second longer than WoW. On the flip side though, they give you a ton of abilities that don't trigger the global cooldown.
>>
>>342141880
To be completely honest FF14 could use with some trimming as well though, there is a ton of overlap in abilities. I really do wonder what they are going to do next expansion, consoles don't have the hotkeys for it, and lord knows going through all shift, alt and cntrl modifiers is enough as is.

They certainly shouldn't go the wow route, but its pretty stupid at this point, tons of filler buttons and chains, cooldowns that are meaningless and situational buttons out the ass.
>>
>>342141880
To be fair, every pally spec is more engaging than PLD, even with less buttons to press, so it varies a bit
>>
File: Sad edgelord.png (1 MB, 1161x946) Image search: [Google]
Sad edgelord.png
1 MB, 1161x946
>>342142707
>tfw my hands ache after doing a raid as a DRG
>And it has the simplest rotation of the classes I play
>>
>>342142707
Rehaul skills to be more like PVP skills where you can put points into them or focus on adding less active skills and more passive skills that change existing abilities
>>
>>342142938
Learning the DRG opener as a fresh max level character was pretty crazy. Then again all dps classes besides the casters are a series of spinning plates.
>>342142954
No MMO seems to get it right, medium amount of high impact abilities would not only save space and function but also feel great to use without cluttering a hotbar with an additional 12 abilities that you only hit once every 2 rotations.
>>
>>342142938
Who's pic related? What game?
>>
>>342143360
Final Fantasy 14, it's a CaC
>>
>>342142707
I don't think we'll see them cut anything, we're more likely to see replacements instead. Similar to how Stone II -> Stone III happened in HW.
>>
>>342143649
Only really works for casters though. I'm curious as to what they'll do for any of the melee classes in general. Feels like every niche can be done already.
>>
>>342142938
Try Monk. Not only do you have to press a lot of buttons but you also have to move around the enemy to make your skills do full damage.
>>
>>342142938

You must have some type of medical condition then.

>tfw play monk
>rotation is off the fucking chain

Most fun ive had in recent memory with an MMO for sure.
>>
>>342142012

I agree, some specs feel completely gutted, others actually feel pretty good. The only problem I have is that some of the specs I was interested in playing have turned out to be garbage, I'm looking at you, marks, ret. Even if they stay shit though, I will still enjoy playing unholy, fury, and surv.
>>
>>342143775
Melee generally just get handed more oGCDs, I don't see them doing the DRG combo extension again on a melee.

Nin I can see getting a replacement on Aeolian or a new middle step in combo for alternate combo ends.

Mnk is the real awkward one since all I can think of rotation wise is increasing potency. They'd have to extend GL timer again or extend the DK/TwS timers to compensate for any additional basic extensions they add. Probably just add more flavour bullshit for Chakra and stacks like TK.
>>
>>342144907
Simply put I think they are already at the breaking point for OCD's and even more rotational abilities. Every rotation could use like 4 less buttons and still function the same. Not to mention the cooldowns that are just filler like the cross-class ones. Then again the entire cross class system is flawed.
>>
File: 1421966325634.jpg (10 KB, 292x292) Image search: [Google]
1421966325634.jpg
10 KB, 292x292
>Play Warlock
>Have maintained pretty much the same amount of buttons throughout the entire game

Slightly lower in Legion; just glad curses are making a comeback
>>
File: Demonology hotbar.png (212 KB, 1207x90) Image search: [Google]
Demonology hotbar.png
212 KB, 1207x90
It's not as drastic as I thought. A lot of talents are passives but whatever. Rotation is pretty much the same except now I have a rage bar with a cool as shit starfall.
>>
>>342145085
>Simply put I think they are already at the breaking point for OCD's and even more rotational abilities.
Rotation, sure. oGCDs? Not a chance, there's still dead time waiting for them to come off-CD. Even then theres a great deal of double-weaving to go through for those slow enough to support it.
>>
File: Druid Legion Hotbar.png (89 KB, 564x125) Image search: [Google]
Druid Legion Hotbar.png
89 KB, 564x125
>>342145231
Wrong one, that demonology hotbar has two of the same spell.
>>
>>342145106

arg, really? I hated those things. Still though that new demonology is looking hard to pass up on...
>>
>>342145343
You realize its okay to have a moment where you are not slamming buttons right? FF14 rotations feel like a checklist instead of you playing a game. Nothing feels meaningful at all.
>>
>>342145563
Well they're PvP only; CoT, CoW make a come back and Curse of Fragility is the third option that lowers the max health of a player
>>
A lot of the homogenization seems to have been removed, buffs and healing spells seem to not exist on certain specs now.

I don't think that solves homogenization or anything, but all I know is I can't do things I used to be able to do before so now I'm more reliant on other classes. Kinda.
>>
>>342145740

Phew that's okay then, I hated that guff for pve, same with hunters mark.
>>
>>342145626
I'm just highlighting what they can do, not posting opinion.
>>
>>342145841
I think they finally got every spec to finally feel pretty unique; the problem was in order to do so they made a good portion of them only focus on a few spells and abilities, instead of a wide arsenal to use.

Also balance is hilarious on PTR and beta as far as both PvE and PvP are concerned right now
>>
>played WoW for 10 years
>one of the few people who still enjoyed the game up to pandaria
>nothing in the world could make me buy legion after WoD

it's over friends, just let it die a peaceful death.
>>
>>342146081

I aint the guy you're talking to but I do like this too though there's still a few bits and bobs that feel out of place. like fire mages still needing to take a few frost spells (granted talents but still forced).
>>
>>342145106

But thats incorrect. They made it so you dont even control your pet's abilities anymore, which used to be huge as the Felhound was king in pvp but they removed that. Not to mention you can either use shadow or fire abilities depending what spec you take. Yeah warlocks got a shitty teleport ability, but it blows major dick.

Lets not even talk about how Warlocks have consistently been nerfed since TBC. Shit, I played for maybe 2 months in WoD and hunters got streamlined the same as warlock did, right down to the same shit rotation just about yet warlock did less damage for no reason.
>>
>>342135040
Cool. Thanks for the beta test PC friends.
>>
>>342146081
Is WoW ever balanced? It's a mess right now but I can't recall a time when everybody was happy with balance.
>>
>>342146768

No. Someone has bitched about balance at one point throughout WoW's history.

Personally, my favorite time was TBC's balance.
>>
>>342146289
>They made it so you dont even control your pet's abilities anymore

Well you actually still can, it's just that pets only have 1 or 2 abilities each, and they gave Command Demon as a built in macro for the one that will be important to use 90% of the time

>Not to mention you can either use shadow or fire abilities depending what spec you take.

Well this didn't really apply, as depending on spec, there was simply a wrong ability to be using at the time, incinerate didn't even have a purpose in BC

>>342146768
Right now hunters are doing 160k in premade gear with barrage in PvP with templates putting people around 280k health, it's worse than pre-patch WotLK Ret.
>>
>>342147054
>Right now hunters are doing 160k in premade gear with barrage in PvP with templates putting people around 280k health, it's worse than pre-patch WotLK Ret.
That's hilarious. This shit always happens and I don't know why.
>>
>>342144475
>>342144610
>Man, DRG rotation is crazy, but it's not even the craziest
>OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING FAGGOT DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE CRAZIER ROTATIONS
Typical MNKshitters.
>>
>>342147224
Here's what makes it more hilarious, most casters can't get a spell off that does more than 40k damage, while a warrior can crit 150k with a mortal strike
>>
>>342147224
Because Blizzard
>>
>>342147531
That'll teach those spellchuckers.
>>
>>342147363

I didnt even say that. I merely said Monk had a fun rotation. Why are you so angry anon? Maybe need to step away from the computer for a minute.

I played Dragoon for a bit, but got bored leveling so I dont know how hard it is at max level, but again I didnt say it was shit.
>>
>>342147054

My point is, you cant steal buffs anymore with the felhunter nor use his counterspell which used to be insanely important in pvp especially in Lock vs Lock because you shutting out their shadow spells was pretty much GG.

>Well this didn't really apply, as depending on spec, there was simply a wrong ability to be using at the time, incinerate didn't even have a purpose in BC

And knowing that was what seperated the boys from the men. Now you cant use the wrong ability because there isnt the choice to.
>>
>>342135040
>All this pruning of abilities

With Legion Blizzard has removed many Utility abilities so that the classes feel more different again like in Classic.

Of course like every state of Wow there some winner or losers. A good example is Warrior. Arms will be fun again meanwhile protection will suck hard.
>>
>>342148137
Of course there are some winner and loser specs like it always was with wow. *
>>
>>342148137
I'm not trying to defend Blizzard, but no matter what Blizzard does, people will complain.
>>
>>342148481
Because you can't make everyone happy. Best example was the removing of dot sniping.

Very good players were able to increase their damage with dot sniping and made way more damage than a good/average player could do without it. This made class balancing very hard for Blizzard so they removed it with Cataclysm I think.

Without surprise many pro player started to complain about it because it made the game for them easier.
>>
Legacy servers are the only thing that can save this game at this point
>>
>>342146768
it never was, never will be
the thing is, pve can still be enjoyable if you're not top dog
pvp was always about the FOTM cancer shitting on everybody
sure you can fight an uphill battle and win, but it's really fucking annoying

this is the first expansion since wrath that has fundamentally good changes in it, but i'd say it's too late
blizzard fucked up so much for such a long period of time, they deserve to burn
>>
>>342150253
>this is the first expansion since wrath that has fundamentally good changes in it, but i'd say it's too late
I feel better late than never. It's not like I don't want to play WoW anymore, I just want playing it to feel satisfying. So far the PTR is pretty good with the class changes, the animations and action camera are really good. It's really unstable and it's hard to find Legion guys to fight so I haven't had a good chance to test on anything that aren't dummies.
>>
>>342150530
>action camera
why is everyone hyping this up? it's literally nothing
>>
>>342152004
Adds a unique perspective. I dunno, it's kind of interesting.
>>
>>342152004

shills.
>>
>>342152004
it looks cool, but makes any "serious" gameplay impossible
i'd say it's more aimed for solo play, eg. questing
>>
>>342152004
It could be nice for leveling if you want a more cinematic experience.
>>
>>342152004
I can play with a controller really easily now.
>>
>>342138749
In MoP this was true, but with WoD they took at least half the abilities out of each class, and it was alright. Now they're cutting it down even further and ironically destroying the class identiities they're working so hard to keep.
>>
>Login to the PTR
>DK, Fire mage and Druids feel the best its been since ever

Starting to think /v/ is lying about Legion.
>>
>>342155887
It's strange, ability pruning has made the game FUN somehow.
>>
>>342155887
Some classes came out of this well. Fury is better than they are in WoD by a huge margin, but some classes just got fucked up.
>>
>>342155885
> destroying the class identiities they're working so hard to keep.

example?
>>
>>342155887
>Login to the PTR
>Barrage spam
Please let me play my Demon Hunter already.
>>
>>342136708
Speaking of which anyone play FFXIV? I got some summer code from amazon, i'll give it out, shoot an email to my temp

[email protected]
>>
>>342155887
Less buttons for utility and cooldown and more proccing flashy buttons across the board. That can be taken as good and bad depending on the person.
>>
>>342145106
>play Warlock
>suddenly can walk while casting
>neat
>leave game
>return months later
>no more walking

dropped
>>
>>342155887

Legion is pretty great anon. Besides a handful of classes/specs that are just fucking garbage, a lot got improved, both in world design and class design.

It's still shameful to play in fucking 2016 but if you're a loser who's still sucked in at this point, you're going to have a good time.
>>
>>342142938
But that is what I enjoy about XIV. Even in welfare gear you can keep up to raider in terms of dps because mastery of your class is more important than fucking gear.
>>
Can you fuckers stop talking about this dead game already?

The hell are you even doing still playing it? Died with WotLK
>>
>>342136708
Work smooth? You can't be srs nigger
>>
>no Burst of Speed

I sure can't wait for be kited all day.
>>
>>342155887
>Fire Mage lost big dick ignite for combustion
>cant pool your procs to chain pyros anymore

dont ever talk to me or my wife's son again
>>
>>342156750
It's literally impossible to escape from subtelty rogues on beta and PTR
>>
>>342156750
>meleetard crying that he cant train squishies nonstop

lmao
>>
>>342141880
>press this button every 30s for 5% more damage
>press this button every 30s for 5% more haste
>press this button every 20s for 1 crit
>press this button every 30s for 1 bullet
>press these 2 buttons every 90s so enemies deal 5% less damage

This game is boring as fuck. I hate all these non eventfull skills that I don't give a fuck about.
>>
>>342156893
>very difficult to play ranged class insists he have 30 different slows and disengages

consume feces and perish
>>
>>342156642
lol sure thing retardo.
>>
>>342137613
The worst shitters play on console. This is a fact.

>>342142626
It's 1.5s longer than WoW's GCD. All the worst aspects of ffxiv stem from the decisions made for the sole purpose to make in playable on consoles while holding a controller.

MMOs aren't a controller genre. You're supposed to have 50+ keybinds; and in ffxiv it's even worse because console limitations have made the macro system nearly worthless. There's literally no way to activate 2+ skills with one keystroke; which inflates the keybind bloat to retarded levels.
>>
>>342156750
>make sprint unkitable
>give charges trough talent
>preparation restores all charges

There, fixed. But no hey! Fun is not allowed
>>
>>342157089
>You're supposed to have 50+ keybinds

this wasnt even true in everquest you immense homo
>>
>>342157089
>You're supposed to have 50+ keybinds

Legion would beg to differ.
>>
Fuck you OP, specs actually feel like a choice now instead of just "which 3 abilities do I like more?" bullshit.
>>
>>342156468
reminds me of watching frost mages during wotlk beta
>hey it looks fun
>not even a month after i see the vids , it was nerfed
same shit happened with fire and wod
>>
>>342157073
Most classes lost snares you fucking tard

maybe bring back disarms so you tunnelbabies can learn to play
>>
>>342156151
Moving from the premade fury gear to non-shitty geared fury was magical.
>>
>>342156331
Seriously anyone want this code? It's free...
>>
What people fail to realize that you can now opt for apssive abilities and deal less damage (casual friendly) or go for more active abilities and deal more damage which is more complex (advanced players).
>>
>>342141880
>tfw you play both XIV and WoW and you know factually that people bullshit about the complexity in XIV

Those cuhrazy charts with 50 instructions on them for DRG? I can teach someone to play dragoon in savage in like 3 sentences just the same as WoW. The thing XIV suffers from is what WoW had back in the day for things like Shaman and Paladin. Actual bloat. A bunch of long cooldown tiny buffs and 'just push this when its up' medium length cooldowns. What I am trying to say is that rotational complexity is more important than utility complexity.
>>
>>342157532
this desu
>>
>>342157214
They're not all combat keybinds, you fucking mong.
>>
>>342157508
Sure mail it to me
[email protected]
>>
>>342156915
This guy gets it. Whenever I tried bard and machinist at higher levels it was such a pain because every other pull you had to press like 8 cooldowns out of obligation. There was no thought. The only thought comes with raiding when theres burn phases, but even then its obvious.
>>
>>342157532
Having a 2.5 gcd actually works for XIV when it comes to the bloat. It gives you something to do and manage inbetween the GCD, being little buffs or positioning for melee. WoW would be completely insufferable. Heck I found Outlaw to be somewhat amusing despite it being literally only 4 buttons. 3 if you skill more passives.

Only problem I have with Legion is that the 4 main button classes will get boring as fuck in no time.
>>
I'm mad at Legion warrior.

Mashed Intervene with charge and labeled it intercept, it became retard proof to use in the process.

Double Time and Juggernaut became the same thing, have to choose between that and CC.

Spell reflect became idiot proof with it lasting 3 seconds and reflects all spells in the duration.

Disarm still gone, only way to protect team is doing retard damage or using "charge" to give them an x second physical immunity or give up mobility to have Shockwave or Bolt.

All of my big kill damage is just early MoP Taste for Blood mechanic, liable to get fucking gutted.

Then we have the biggest most disgusting change I saw on PTR. Divine Shield no longer reduces damage done by the paladin. Combine that with idiot proof divine intervention and ret just became more retarded than WoD frost dk.

I just want late MoP arms warrior back, but Blizz seems to hate anything good about previous xpacs no matter what it is.
>>
>>342146996
You mean for pve right?

Because i'm still getting mentally stunned by skill herald.
>>
>>342157783
The "a > b > c" combo system ruins rotations in ffxiv. Obviously DPS will have a linear base rotation, but outside of caster DPS and healers, every class in ffxiv have cemented, linear rotations because of that combo bonus shit.
>>
>>342141552
Yeah I forgot the ps4 version has dx11
>>
>>342157775
Sent
>>
>they somehow kept arms boring as fuck

No mad, just sad.
>>
>>342156750
sub rogue's opener is a free shadowstep every time mang even in dance.
>>
>implying that console owners would pay a monthly fee just to play games
Yeah right...they're not cucked like PC dipshits.
>>
>>342146768
>Is WoW ever balanced?

The closest ever is probably Vanilla from the perspective of WSG, and only if you think of it as "There is no one team composition that dominates all others".

It's kinda a big factor in how even before TBC was announced that server/forum dramas about various WSG premades facing each other off got started, and was practically the foundation for Tich and BG9 being a meme in TBC, because BG9 WSG premades were pretty try hard relatively.

This meant absolutely nothing to the average player however.
>>
>>342158383
>vanilla
>balanced

Horde was outright better at every raid because they had shamans instead of paladins.
>>
>>342158205
I'd argue that WoW with Legion is the same with a lot of classes. Yes, you can spend your Mortal strikes and then use your Colossal Smash.. or you can do it in the right order and cause some damage.
>>
>>342158460
dwarven priest anti fear was extremely strong m8.
>>
>>342156270
Warriors are losing stances, long-term shouts and banners. All Monk specs besides WW are losing chi and they got rid of fistweaving.
>>
>>342157417
To be fair that's how Warrior has always worked, but either way, Fury looks great. I'm not sold on prot yet and I've never liked arms so I guess I'll stay fury for Legion.
>>
>>342159030
True, gearwhores forever. But having gear and access to my class trinket sure made me not hade Furious Slash as much, because getting up to 45% haste makes it go stupidly fast. Though I'm annoyed at how devalued crit is now.
>>
>>342158460
I specifically stated in War(S)ong Gulch premades in a very very specific criteria anon, why are you taking things out of context? I don't believe I made a single reference to the garbage that is Coop DDR.
>>
DH will be overplayed as fuck right? Even more so with the head start.
>>
>>342158353
>what is xbox gold
>what is psplus

what?
>>
>>342159504
Oh yeah. It's gonna be DK 2.0 and the new designated shitter class everyone is gonna main til they get nerfed.
>>
File: _81738062_risitas.jpg (34 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
_81738062_risitas.jpg
34 KB, 1024x576
>>342159537
>wow comes out on console
>consolecucks have to pay for gold/plus and wow
>>
>>342142012
>Fury warriors have so many fucking buttons

Said the person who has never played a legion fury warrior
>>
>>342156750
Found the MoP baby
>>
>>342158727
>Warriors are losing stances,
>switching stance has something to do with class lore.

> long-term shouts
All long term are getting removed because they got obsolete.

>All Monk specs besides WW are losing chi and they got rid of fistweaving.

I don't play Monk so I can't really say something about that.
>>
>>342162380
>implying lore is the only part of identity
Stances were an iconic part of warriors as a class for as long as the game has existed. They're as much a part of the class' identity as a pet is to hunters and locks.
>>
>>342163218
>They're as much a part of the class' identity as a pet is to hunters

BOY DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU
>>
File: War rotation.png (589 KB, 2166x1630) Image search: [Google]
War rotation.png
589 KB, 2166x1630
>>342135438
>>342137613
>>
>>342162380
>muh fistweaving

Either heal or dps, jack-of-all trades are shit and give nothing to the raid group
>>
>>342163218
I have never felt like that the stance is a important part of the warrior but this is subjective thing.
>>
>>342164117
In vanilla (less so in BC, almost entirely gone by WOTLK) stance dancing was integral to getting the most of Warriors regardless of spec, and Warriors had 3 stances to use each with their own abilities you needed to swap to and from at various points in a fight. It was admittedly needlessly complicated but it gave the class a unique feeling to it and allowed for clutch situations like a DPS Warrior switching to defensive stance to take less damage during a healing phase at the cost of some damage output or even emergency tanking if the MT/OT died.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.