[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which game has the best dungeons in the series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Zelda_Logo.svg.png (161 KB, 2000x816) Image search: [Google]
Zelda_Logo.svg.png
161 KB, 2000x816
Which game has the best dungeons in the series?
>>
Skyward Sword
>>
The one with Midna
>>
Twilight Princess IMO. Said dungeons were laughably easy but incredibly grandiose and memorable at the same time.

It's funny because I don't even like TP that much, but the dungeons is definitely one of its strongest points.
>>
>>342118425
also imp ass
>>
>>342117975
Link Between Worlds

Ice Cave was a perfect example of great dungeon design.

Shame the bosses were all letdowns and the item system prevented the dungeons from being complex with the puzzles, but the dungeon design outside of that was great.
>>
>>342118352
>>342118425
Yes
>>
>>342118236
Ancient Cistern and the Sandship were the only good dungeons in SS, otherwise they were kinda unremarkable.
>>
>>342117975
I've always found ALTTP's and LA's the most compelling to play through, though they aren't necessarily the most memorable in terms of set pieces. In terms of spectacle I think TP is the most cool.
>>
>>342118719
the item system thing you said is exactly why thee dungeons sucked imo. Sure it adds to player freedom but dungeon philosophy doesn't change so you basically walk in with your item and blast through all the rooms with ease.
>>
>>342119089
I mean the puzzles and layouts were made with only the required item in mind and don't have the complexity of previous dungeons, but the layout, the look and feel, and things like the multifloor set-up and space of ones like the Ice Cave gave me a feeling of enjoyment that I hadn't gotten out of a Zelda dungeon in a long ass time.

I don't mind the item rental system, I just wish that instead of getting "dungeon requiring item X" that the first three dungeons were 1 item dungeons, but the Lorule dungeons were 2-3 item dungeons, allowing for more complex and interesting dungeon design.
>>
Twilight Princess for 3D
Minish Cap for 2D
>>
>>342120254
Minish Cap was pretty great.
>>
Overall, probably Twilight Princess. Honorable mentions go to Stone Tower, Ancient Cistern, Sandship and Eagle's Tower.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.