[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there will be any accountability?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
Do you think there will be any accountability?
>>
Shitty sales will bankrupt the company. What more accountability do you need?
>>
nah, he delivered the game like he said he would. i guess nobody ever wanting to hire or trust him ever again will be his punishment.
>>
>>342112924
For better or worse, he'll keep getting gigs just on the strength of his CV at Capcom (Since despite Kitamura's claim to it, the press at large still seem to acknowledge Inafune as "The Megaman guy").
>>
Will this be the final nail for them?
>>
>receive 4 million from kickscammer
>try to get an show and all this multimedia shit without the game being out
>Make teaser trailer, which gets derided
>reviews say game is underwhelming

JUST
>>
>>342112883
not if they got fully funded by kikestarter and any sales are pure profit
>>
>>342113143
>tried to make megman into a modern shooter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLgSqIPL-0U

Inafune was ruining megaman even before he left the company
>>
>>342112719
Damn, the original JUST haircut.
>>
Remember when Kamiya said Imagine is a businessman, not a game creator?
>>
>>
>>342112719
Is that the chinese female ghostbuster?
>>
>>342112719
He can't be held accountable for anything. People willingly gave him their money
>>
>>342112719
am I the only one that thinks it might be good? It looks like a slippery turd, visually, but the gameplay is very arcady and time score oriented. It looks like it lends itself to replayability on higher difficulties.

Honestly there are enough megaman games, if you really wanted to revisit MM just play one of the previous ones. going in a new direction with the gameplay seems like a good move, too bad they couldnt manage to make it look at least decent. maybe mods can fix it? :/
>>
I need the JUST edits
>>
File: inafune.png (190 KB, 1702x451) Image search: [Google]
inafune.png
190 KB, 1702x451
>>342113690
>>
>>342113126
Hell no, for some reason that company has like unlimited money, probably because they have no QA team at all.
>>
File: .jpg (117 KB, 842x276) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
117 KB, 842x276
>>342112924
>he delivered the game like he said he would
>April 2015 release
>Being able to absorb every enemy to gain its powers
>>
Bad word of mouth will follow him and his company for a very long time. Any project announced by Comcept will be rightfully BTFO.

He might not be truly held accountable or become bankrupt or anything but being hated by a vocal crowd of people has its own problems.
>>
>>342113991
>Created one character
>Produced several, ie he just stood there and oversaw the director and programmers while maintaining minimal creative influence
>YOU'RE WRONG HE'S A GAME CREATOR

Also,
>Citing kekipedia
>>
>>342113482
I'm sorry but I definitely would've played this. Reminds me of MGR. If Mega Man was rebooted to be like Rising I bet none of you would complain.
>>
>>342113991
Producer does not mean creator or director, anon. That's how shitty movie trailers get you. "FROM THE PRODUCERS OF..." doesn't mean shit. That just says that they either paid money to fund it or were just overseeing the development without much influence.
>>
He'll give an interview and say the game was a big success.
>>
>>342114064
>Bad word of mouth will follow him and his company for a very long time
I dont think so anon, he is a very smart snake, Im sure his next game will have a female protagonist and will be a story about how a powerful heroine is able to destroy the patriarchy, then every critic of him will be dismissed as a man baby
>>
>>342114229
>>342114370
whoosh
didn't actually think i need to point this out but someone from here added "businessman" to his wikipedia entry
>>
>>342114018
he delivered a game. it just wasn't very good...
>>
>>342114229
>>342114370
>missing the joke entirely
>>
They're going to claim the only reason anyone is saying this is bad is because they're sexist racists
>>
He already said he has plans to push MN9 as a franchise even if the game sells badly.
>>
>>342114018
You can promise to deliver pizza but if you delivered shit, it doesn't mean you did your job well.
>>
The game got a 30/40 on Famitsu, he's probably thinking people will like it.
>>
File: mighty_no9_in_one_image.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mighty_no9_in_one_image.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
>>342113690
This, he even said he hates his job in the latest mighty no 9 developer video
>>
>>342113126
Those fuckers shamelessly re-released Dying Light and shit out Dead Island Remasters. They're like THE fucking cockroach of the game industry.
>>
I think it was just that he had too much freedom. He made a great game in Soul Sacrifice but that was under sony's supervision and it looks like he's making a great game in Recore aand thats under Microsoft's supervision
>>
>>342113871
You have to go back
>>
>>342115746
Deep Silver has absolutely nothing to do with Dying Light.
>>
Reminder that con man lost Marvelous the same amount of cash he got for MN9

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/kaio-king-of-pirates-cancelled
>>
File: giggle.jpg (107 KB, 551x600) Image search: [Google]
giggle.jpg
107 KB, 551x600
>>342116278
>KAIO was first announced in 2011 as due out in 2012. It was later delayed to 2013, then to 2014. And from there, well, you know.
Reminds me of Mighty No. 9
I'm actually surprised this game managed to get a release
>>
>>342115889
This, honestly. He still seems to have some decent stuff in the vault, but he needs to be kept on a leash by a company that knows what they're doing.
>>
>>342112719
nah, but he's already poisoned his rep hardcore
future work will be hard for him to scrape up
>>
>>342115889

Recore looks like shit though
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.