[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kripp: ArcheAge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (48 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
48 KB, 460x215
Kripp was playing this game over the weekend. I remember it being p2w shit and him saying he'd never play it again.

What changed?
>>
>>342111297
Who?
>>
>>342111297

Yeah OP
Who?
>>
>>342111297
Wait, you're telling me you watched someone play a game instead of playing it yourself? The fuck is wrong with you. Neck yourself faggot.
>>
>>342111356
Kripparrian.
>>
>>342111297
he got paid by devs
>>
>>342111297
>how to spot redditors
>they fill in the subject form
>>
>>342111468
Wait what?
That's a thing?

>>342111394
>implying you don't watch what streamers are playing to see if shit is good
What do you do, buy shit blind?

>Inb4 pirate
Everything is always online or denuvo now. Piracy is dead.
>>
File: 1457022420822.jpg (67 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1457022420822.jpg
67 KB, 600x549
tfw we live in a time where people spend their time and money on watching other people play
>>
>>342111605
>implying anybody needs a game other than TF2 in 2016
the fuck do i need to buy games for?
>>
>>342111605
Piracy isn't dead yet. He probably sold out. He mentioned he receives a lot of offers to shill products
>>
>>342111720
>TF2
Old and dead.
>>
>>342111394
>Wait, you're telling me
no im not going to fucking wait for your slow ass
>>
File: nike-football.jpg (55 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
nike-football.jpg
55 KB, 640x400
>>342111608
What a shame, right?
>>
>>342111608
It was inevitable really.

See: >>342112174
>>
>make a thread asking if a game got fixed because a big name streamer played it recently
>thread devolves into bitching about streamers
Oh... right... /v/.
>>
>>342112631

>big name
I never heard of him
>>
>>342112631
It's a fucking free to play game. All the dipshit has to do is play it and see for himself.
>>
>>342112929
That's nice.

>>342112949
I thought it was a sub game?
>>
He was paid by the devs to play it. I didn't watch tbqh fampai because it doesn't interest me but he's really open about the fact that he takes money to play games other than Hearthstone.
>>
>>342113050
Optional sub.
>>
>>342113127
I didn't actually know this. I was just bored digging through twitch and saw a game I thought was dead with 16k viewers all of a sudden.
>>
>>342111297
He is a fucking sellout, that's what happens when you make that into your job.
>>
>>342112949
>>342113050
It's F2P with a sub model. It's a total fucking grind fest without subbing though.
>>
>>342113242
Gotta put food on the table I guess.

>>342113248
What about the cash shop? Is it still P2w as fuck or just cosmetic?
>>
>>342113375
Seems like pay not to grind and cosmetic stuff. So no P2W stuff.
>>
>>342113486
Cool. So they learned their lesson after nuking all those bridges.

Thanks for the info m8.
>>
>itt: circlejerk duscussion about how a literally who got paid by the developer of a failed mmo

Thrilling
>>
>>342113704
>literally who
>best hunter in wow
>best player in poe
>best player in d3
>>
This game is not good.
My friends told me, that PvP doesn't exist outside of mass zergfests, and only AoE builds (boring as hell) are viable during those zergfests.
I tried this game with years of Lineage II experience. I've known grind fest. But halfway to level cap I gave up - it was unbearable.
>>
>>342113834
Like I said
A literal who
>>
>>342113864
I mean, the game has fundamental problems, that no patch can fix.
>>
>>342113910
as far as video game players go thats just not true
>>
>>342113864
PvP doesn't make a game good. Look at the shitfest that is the Souls Series and Bloodborne's PvP
>>
>>342113486
>"pay to not grind"
>not pay to win
Son you retarded?

Spending money gets you an advantage. That's p2w.
>>
>>342113704
>16k+ viewers 24/7
>Apparently gets payed by publishers to play their games
>a literal who
Please, name someone who isn't a literal who then?
>>
>>342111297
That MMO was so fucking good but man , they killed the poor thing.
>>
>>342113864
>doing it wrong
You're supposed to level up by doing labor-activities from 1-50 and then anayad from 50-55. Grinding in ArcheAge is failure.
>>
>>342114176
An advantage against what? You're not more powerful than a person at the same level as you. Or is the concept of spending your fun bucks to not have to waste as much time grinding so foreign to your autistic little brain?
>>
>>342111297
Worst thing about this game is the environment. Most of the zones are just uninspired and boring. The only one that felt different was the sandy area.
>>
>>342114341
Sounds like they're doing their damndest to resurrect it.
>>
>>342114091
>PvP doesn't make a game good.
But why else would someone play the game? Games with no PvP are dead.
>>342114430
Labor activities as a f2p player? Weren't those severely limited? I think I couldn't even grow anything, because could not own a plot of land.
>>
>>342115026
They throw labor pots at you like candy during Halloween now, and fishing has always been superior to farming.
>>
>bought the game
>first guy on my server with max level in every class on one character
>be in one of the only raiding guilds with Kraken and Pirate dude on farm
>have 20k leatherworking, full leather working skill increase set taking it up to like 21.5k and was working on the 500 skill furniture
>owned a 300+ combined plot farm with 2 other mates
>making mad bank
>they quit
>I can't maintain all 3 of the farmsteads
>get max tier Hasla weapon then quit when I see the price needed for the top weapons at the time

Probably a good thing as I invested a lot to get that far. I could probably go back and jump in easy.
>>
>>342111297
>Kripp
Literally who
>>
>>342115256
They're giving returning players a full set of celestial 3.5k gear right now with the launch if the latest patch. It's not BiS, but it'll get you back to mid-range pretty well.
>>
>>342111605
Isnt archeage f2p now? Further proof that you are a faggot.
>>
>>342115591
Tempting, but I should resist. I get sucked in. I'm missing MMO's ever since Rift. Ended up quitting Rift cause of some... incidence involving women, including married people....

Wasn't getting min/max gear on another character again, fuck that, it took long enough to get the drops I wanted as it was and fucking dicks getting mad I rolled for a huge upgrade before his shitty 0.1% improvement. FUCK HIM. I only did it cause he was one of the problem people, but his wife was hot, so he's prob being cucked now in rl instead of webcam.
>>
>>342116306
>people still get pissy about gear
>in 2016
Sad really...
>>
>>342115591
>free half decent gear
did they fix labor to not be utter shit or do I still need to hide in a tower with a quarter wedged in my keyboard? does it still cost a king's ransom and take forever to get a car? did they add skateboards yet?
>>
>>342111356
some semi decent greek who plays hearthstone
>>
>>342116645
It is sad. It was like a 5% hit weapon (or whatever the rating % was, I forget) and he had a 4% weapon. I rolled for it and he got mad cause it had like a 1% dodge rating on it as well and he was a tank. I told him to fuck off.

He would rather have an autism race with some other tank over who got to be main tank when the instance raiding happened (we had Rifts on farm) than let other people get the hit % cap they needed so we could actually do those instance raids.

I would have let him have it had he not gone "Don't talk to my wife alone on TS ever again". In whisper before that dungeon, he only shut up cause she was in the group as well.
>>
>>342117513
Labor now regens at the same rate on or offline. 10/5min.

Cars are affordable now. ~5k gold which would only take a couple weeks of fishing to get. They also give all returning players a free car of their choice for a month so you'll have something to tide you over until you can build a real one.

Skateboards are in, yes.
>>
>>342116645
>people get pissy when they don't get the only thing they're playing for

gee I wonder why
>>
>>342117897
>10/5mins on or offline
I assume this is for subbed/plxex'd accounts. how is it for non-subs? is pvp still a clusterfuck of stun combos?

I'm seriously considering reinstalling simply for the comfy boating/fishing/farming/cruising.
>>
>>342114601
Did we not play the same game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG06WAxoR9k
>>
>>342117612
he is Romanian
he just happened to be with a greek women
>>
I only was ever interested in AA for the sandbox aspect, and it sort of left me wanting

BDO is infinitely worse, with instanced off "Sandbox". Has it gotten any better?
>>
>>342118375
>gypsy filth
That explains why his house isn't very furnished and he keeps moving
>>
>>342118276
Non-subs are still fucked offline, sadly.

PvP appears to be less CC and more burst/healing now.

That's why I reinstalled it last week. No regrets so far.
>>
>>342111297
>ban e-celeb faggotry
>>
>>342118246
Yeah but he was a faggot about it. He should have cared that it would have allowed me to raid without damaging potential min/max than allowing him to dodge 1% more when we already had several tanks with gear check requirements.

>>342118513
Damn I'm tempted. I loved PvP. I had a decent healing gear set despite being DPS main. Going around with the max class title was a thrill so early on.
>>
>>342118782
If you do, a word of warning:
All NA servers besides Kraken, Nazah, and Morpheus are dead.
>>
>>342111297
He was probably just testing the waters to see if he could maintain his twitch kid memer audience while playing games other than Hearthstone. He does it every now and then and always ends up dropping his viewer count by at least 5k before going back to Hearthstone. The teenagers using their Mom's credit card to subscribe, donate, and buy his meme T-shirts are his bread and butter. Without them he is just a college drop-out who wasted his entire life playing video games. If he played games that he actually wanted to play he wouldn't have a Wife, and he wouldn't be making serious bank.

I would say that I feel bad for him but I really don't.
>>
>>342118513
does it still take secomd job levels farming to stay plex'd? is the land market still monopolized by bots? I quit like a week after the 6 slot cart was released and only had the 4 slot with two 16x16 farms.
>>
>>342119297
No, the market has stabilized largely due to the second answer:

They dropped hackshield an put in a new solution that appears to have killed all the bots/hacks. I haven't seen a single house bot, farm bot, or spam bot in over a week on Kraken.
>>
>>342119683
nice. is planting still a bitch? do I still need to spend 2 hours autistically placing my yams?
>>
>>342119056
I'm in Europe. So it's probably OK. Or it's dead as well. I'll just go back to the fucking nightmare. It was effort logging on to do all that shit every day.
>>
>>342112290
>>342112174
Kek are you fucking retarded? There is nothing wrong with watching Esports, it showcases skill you will never attain, the performance can be appreciated.
Never asked yourself why you don't see matches of the junior team of your shithole on TV? Yeah because just like watching 12 years olds play Minecraft, it's uninteresting, even worse with video games since you can literally play the game at the same moment if you want too. But the gaming community is so retarded that they'll give millions to modern clowns.
>>
>>342119807
I honestly don't know. I got a scarecrow farm, but have done nothing but fish since coming back. Got my longliner tricked out with some new bits and bobs. The ship customization is pretty cool now.
>>
>>342119978
>ship cusomization
???
>>
>>342119975
Maybe, just maybe, people find certain people entertaining.

I know, it's a hard concept to grasp when you have aspergers.
>>
>>342120107
Yes. You can basically change every part of every ship with 5+ varients per slot and regrades for some.

I have a flachette cannon on my longliner and water jets on the sides that give me a dash move. It's pretty sweet. I haven't even touched the other 10 customizable slots on it yet. Galleons have like 40. Also boats are physics based now so ramming damage is a thing and if you overload them they slow down or sink. Basically no more 500-man raids on a single clipper.
>>
MY DEAREST ANON
>>
>>342114601
Even beside pvp (the faster you reach the level target, the faster you can get geared up), the earlier you reach a new zone, the more money you make from selling drops from there, because of market exclusivity. It was especially bad in e.g. wakfu, where a single boss drop from the next zone would sell for so much that by the time f2p players had access to the zone, that single drop you sold early covered 1.5-2 complete sets of gear from that zone at the new price due to market flood. This also made p2p players always the first pick in any party, on top of making f2p players have to grind for a very long time just to get geared up enough to face the next boss.
>>
>>342113834
Best poe player is undeniably havoc, followed by ziggyd (only based on ranking, ziggyd is dogshit in reality)
>>
>>342120468
Yes?
>>
>>342120407
can I turn my clipper into basically a mini merchant ship? can I still use the harpoon to do sick jumps and crawl onto land?
>>
>>342121116
You can put a trade pack slot or two on it I think.

You can still have fun with the harpoon, but dragging it up on land causes collision damage now. Clipper flipping actually got more crazy with the better physics though.
>>
>>342121275
sweet. one last question have nude mods been improved/still work?
>>
>>342121464
I honestly don't know, but I would assume yes.
>>
>>342121646
safer to assume no given the new anti-hack measures.
>>
>>342121785
Oh, were they hacks? I never used them.
>>
>>342121828
Just asset replacements, but that typically counts as a hack depending of course on the anti-hack method used.
>>
>>342121978
Ah, well then consider my assumption as probably no then.
>>
>>342118384
I basically top10 in growth and wealth on Jordine (biggest EU server) and have some of the best gear and I quit the game yesterday after I saw what Node Wars looked like. The current system completely discourages PKing. A PK guild can even fuck with big guilds to stop them from taking nodes and has therefore no reason to exist.

I hate big guilds and only was in one to get the benefits of it. Now that I realized that I will never be able to run a small guild and still have an impact on the world I am done with the game and the direction Daum is going. They destroyed all the PVP aspects over the last 30 days. Made PK pointless, heavily limited GW declarations and now this shit. I love BDO, more than I have loved any other game over the past decade, but these people are so goddamn retarded that I simply have to force myself to stop playing because otherwise I would put up with mediocrity longer than I would actually want.

Really is painful to be honest because the game has so many aspect that I admire.
>>
>>342121978
>no more lewd bottomless farming with my poak bun shirt on my delicious brown elf
damn.
>>
File: 1422766202193.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1422766202193.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>342111608

It's no different from the cunts who watch baseball or football.

Sorry you feel that way.
>>
>>342122176
>brown elf
>not red cat
What kind of pleb taste is this?
>>
>>342122445
>living on the shit continent with slavcats and weeb midgets
>>
>>342111605
>That's a thing?

How fucking gullible are you? Are you really this stupid? Half of these faggots are paid to shill garbage for retarded kids like you.

Please stop posting on this site.
>>
>>342122653
>not being a superior slavcat
>taking huge fall damage
>having to go through war zones for even basic traderuns
Why?
>>
>>342122834
>taking huge fall damage
what are gliders?

>having to go through warzones for basic trade runs
someone doesn't know how to plan routes or time their runs, and it's not me.
>>
>>342123909
>gliders will save you from falling off your glider
>having to schedule around idiots
Elves are cool, but not worth thar hastle.
>>
>>342124858
yeah well, can't really change what was done well over a year ago.
>>
>>342125179
Good point.
>>
I think I was on aranzeb when I last played, is it a dead server? is it worth saving up gold for apex to transfer?
>>
This game had so much promise but they started fucking it up even in Korea before the US release, and they p2w there is even worse.
It's not a "true sandbox" but it has a lot more "sand in the box" than most games by far, and buzzwords/jargon aside I think a good description to the game would be a weird korean baby that WoW and SWG gave birth to while letting UO babysit.

If all you want to do is play house and ERP then this is the game for you. If you want more than that then you will literally need to spend thousands of dollars to be able to compete with the whales that do and even then you will likely be behind.

If Trion ever offered sub-only and no cash-shop servers, I think they could get a lot of people back, but it's also possible that no one trusts them anymore. If there was ever an example of a pretty decent game (some faults of course but high potential) done in by REALLY REALLY shitty pay2win, it's ArcheAge. Right now it's a haven for degenerates and whales and if you're neither of those there is literally no reason to play unless you hate yourself.
>>
>>342126362
Yes, and yes.

Kraken and Kyrios appear to be the most populated that you can actually transfer to.
>>
>>342118384
No. BDO was a big letdown for me as well. I can't even discuss it with some RL friends because they say they want sandbox mmos but are head over heels about BDO, and I don't want to be a douche and shit all over their fun.
I struggled through it so I could play with them but it just felt pointless and made me want to play on a private UO shard or SWGemu - both of which none of them will touch because "lol too dated".
>>
>>342111605
just like overwatch is a dying meme game, just wait until these faggots stop being interested in at after more and more move on, Blizzard will throw the competitive mode and cut it's price, ultimately making it f2p
>>
>>342127779
which is better for a character on west continent?
>>
>>342127768
That was true up until they fired the entire staff and brought in a new team from the rift group late last year.

The P2W is gone.
>>
>>342130328
Kyrios. It's mostly west/pirates.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.