[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Nier_(game_box_art).jpg (40 KB, 256x315) Image search: [Google]
Nier_(game_box_art).jpg
40 KB, 256x315
So I just beat this for the first time. The ending was kind of abrupt, though I know that the game's got multiple endings.

I'm confused about what I'm supposed to do next though- When I finished the game it said to reload my save for Kaine's story, so I did, and it dumped me in the library during her depetrification scene and I read her flashbacks. But after I beat the boss it just seems to be the same game.

Do I need to start a new game fresh or do I keep playing from this reloaded point? How do I continue from here?
>>
>>342106387
You keep playing till the end on the reloaded save to get ending B.
>>
>>342106387
That's how it works, it will always dump you in that spot and you need to play to the end of the game to get the next endings.
Each next "playthrough" has visible differences as you go, as long as you pay attention to the game. There's an important twist there.
>>
>>342106387
Dont skip the cutscenes in the second playtrough
>>
>>342106934
To add to this, DON'T FUCKING SKIP CUTSCENES

Oh nvm, >>342106961 said it
>>
>>342106847
>>342106934
>>342106961

Oh okay, I thought it was weird because I was expecting to have to replay the whole game again and thought this was some bonus rather than the proper "path".

Thanks.
>>
Do we need to warn him about ending D?
>>
Also stop reading this thread, we're going to go into spoiler material now, I'm taking the thread over for general discussion
>>342108592
no, best to take it as it comes.
>>
I am uncontrollably hype for Automata and nobody can stop me.
>>
>>342106387

for the different endings you have to do somethings. Like get all weapons, and for the final one probably go fishing and get a certain sized fish. Also don't skip.
>>
>>342108592
>>342108813

I'd say it only matters if they're a completionist.

If you are a completionist, back up your save before Ending D.
>>
>>342108994
no, you just have to upgrade/make all weapons for ending C and D, and have completed B. B is just completing the game again.
>>
>>342108880
>people keep linking the boss battle
>implying this isn't even more hype if it wasn't for the lack of music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-jtJrOFRCM
>>
>>342108592
No, that would ruin the game.
>>
>>342108813

Alright.

I will say I really enjoyed the setting despite how small it was. I think the seafront town is probably my favourite place with those big bridges out in the bay, and then that NPC talking about how people have just sailed away and vanished into an endless ocean. It's kind of apocalyptically romantic. Then the junk pile because I think that blue robot boss with the kid is some sort of Giant Gorg reference.

>>342109128
>>342108994

>upgrade/make all weapons

ugh, that sounds grindy as fuck.
>>
Here's the music for drakengard and Nier, including all special albums btw.
not my uploads but another anons
https://mega.nz/#!uYNw2RSR!1o1NmDIIik6nb3YPZWwTIVWHHglCQK18DiLAKXpvrqM
and
https://mega.nz/#!7dNlQa5Y!r8NsLOq044JoNM6-V1oSzXGNDb3h6_wAAgfXi0xYd_g
>>
>>342109376
>ugh, that sounds grindy as fuck.
it's not even that bad, there are way more grindy aspects of the game than the weapons that can be freely done, be glad those aren't forced on you. Now leave, or get spoiled ;);):^)
>>
>>342109376
Just google where to find all weapons and unlock them.
YOU DON'T NEED TO UPGRADE THEM, THAT ANON IS CONFUSING IT WITH DRAKENGARD.
FOR NIER ENDINGS C AND D YOU ONLY NEED TO COLLECT ALL WEAPONS, YOU DON'T NEED TO UPGRADE THEM
THE WEAPON STORIES (THE REASON TO UPGRADE) ARE NOT EVEN IN THE GAME SINCE NIER WAS RUSHED AND IS UNFINISHED, THEY'RE ONLY IN THE GRIMOIRE NIER BOOK SOLD IRL AS MERCHANDISE
>>
>tfw there are people that say scalebound looks better than nier
wew lads
>>
>>342109573
>>342109376
>>342109128

For the record, you don't have to upgrade weapons for any of the endings, you just have to obtain them all.
>>
>>342109758
>>342109807

Oh okay that sounds a lot better. I got sick of killing robots for mysterious switches pretty quick.
>>
>>342109915
Just so you know, this only applies to Nier because Nier is an unfinished and rushd game.
Drakengard games require you to get all weapons AND upgrade them.
>>
>>342109915
whats best weapon to use?
>>
>>342110030
phoenix spear famalam
>>
>>342110030
Whatever you like most, don't listen to minmaxing faggots.
>>
>>342110030
Phoenix spear all day
>>
what's the in-game justification for all bosses shooting weird purple blobs? is there one?
>>
>>342109992

As someone who's planning on playing Drakengard, oh boy. Is it the same in Drakengard 2 and 3?

Speaking of 3, is the localization for it as bad and rushed as I've heard?
>>
>>342109992
>Drakengard games require you to get all weapons AND upgrade them.
I haven't played 2 but 3 and the first game definitely did not. That's only if you wanted to read all of the weapon stories. Just getting all the endings was the same as Nier.
>>
>>342110230
Im not too far in. I just beat the desert Temple boss. How far am i from getting that?
>>
>>342110349
you can play with subs, that is LARGELY the problem, the direction is fucking garbage, zero will usually say the same thing, but it'll be with a totally different tone. the subs aren't accurate either though.
the game is rushed in every way, very laggy experience. it's a shame, on paper it has the best gameplay in the series.
I don't know about drakengard 2, I didn't play it.
>>
>>342110349
All Drakengard and Nier games have horrible localizations that are blatantly censored, Nier included.
In Japan, Nier starts of as a teenager and whores himself out to old men to get money to sustain himself and his sister (rather than daughter) mostly because he has repressed incestous desire to fuck her. Then after the time skip he grows up into an adult. Many in-game books got censored or castrated hard in localization, while swearing on the other hand was cranked up to the extreme in both Nier and Drakengard 3, even when there was almost none in Jap originals.

And yes the weapons shit applies to all 3 Drakengard games.
>>
>>342110462
you haven't completed the game once? don't ask about these thigns please, we can only say when it is relative to spoilers.
>>
The story in these games isnt that crazy. The only strange things were the babies from drakengard 1. I was expecting much more
>>
>>342110462
Stop asking for advice on a game you haven't beaten. Enjoy the game as the developers intend you to.
>>
File: CZv61TrUcAAO5DW.jpg (12 KB, 342x287) Image search: [Google]
CZv61TrUcAAO5DW.jpg
12 KB, 342x287
I want to lick Kaine's cock
>>
>>342110664
how are the babies even the craziest part?
>>
>>342110669
Im not asking about about the story or what not. I am just asking relative length of game until i can get that weapon,
>>
>>342110952

Depending on whether or not you do sidequests, you're a few dungeons away from being able to buy it in Facade after vendor upgrades.
>>
>>342110824
leave her alone
>>
So the babies in D1 were supposedly the watchers. But in D3 the intoners can summon the watchers under their command with their disciples, but they were dragon looking. Am I missing something?
>>
File: accord.gif (828 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
accord.gif
828 KB, 500x211
Okay surely the new players have left, let's talk about how Accord is best girl in the entire Taroverse
>>
>>342109476
thanks anon
>>
>>342109476
Are those lossless, by any chance?
>>
>>342113286
they're 256kbps mp3s, sorry.
they're high quality though
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.