[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Went to see this yesterday with my dad and brother >B
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster[1].jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Teaser_Poster[1].jpg
392 KB, 600x960
>Went to see this yesterday with my dad and brother
>Brother hasn't played since Cataclysm but my dad and I play WoW regularly
>Critics fucking hated it
>We all came out really enjoying it, even my brother who doesn't really know a thing about the lore
>There were a few issues I had, like Dalaran already floating and Garona being half human and half Orc, but other than that I really liked it, and there was a lot of references and easter eggs that were fun to see
Duncan Jones is also pretty based
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0f9fpwGsyg
>>
Nice blog, fuckface
>>
>>342102004
Thanks, don't forget to subscribe
>>
>>342101972
Shill, this is /v/, not /tv/
>>
>>342101972
Lol @ that interviewer. He doesn't even help his cause by being a butthurt little pussy, just like most of /v/
>>
>>342101972
>Duncan Jones is also pretty based
adam rosser pretty much nails it
duncan jones just beats around the bush
jones was also pretty rude and made fun of rosser, as if he didn't understand the story, when really, all rosser said was that you could feel that there was more backstory to the characters and that was barely touched on

let's face it, the movie was shit, both as a standalone movie and as a warcraft movie for fans, plot was dumb, actors were bad, characters were dull, and it wasn't even really the story of warcraft, it was a bastardized version of it that didn't make any sense
>>
>>342101972
>Bad pacing(shit just happens, scenes don't stay still to set the tone, 40 minutes was cut from the final product)
>modernized dialogue that's even worse than typical blizzard
>bad acting
>mediocre special effects like that lightning wall
>bad fight choreography
People have absolutely zero taste
I thought the popularity of Game of Thrones would have given people better tastes since its genuinely good acting, has great pacing and let's plot lines mature instead of just spontaneously happen
>>
>>342102223
Adam pls go
>Being this butthurt that you couldn't make him get all mad and huffy
>Awkwardly walking out of an interview
>>
Garona was always half human/orc.
>>
>>342102305
>Adam pls go
I knew this would be the response
you are so predictable kiddo
>>
>>342102310
That's Med'an, Garona was half Orc half Draenei
>>
>Alliance is already formed before the Horde
>Garona's half-draenei isn't mentioned anywhere
>Draenei are seen but not talked about who they are etc
>Everyone is so fucking young
>Doomhammer and Blackhand are Frostwolves
>>
>>342102310
until they changed it to half orc half draenei, which is still canon
>>
>>342102365
>Blackhand
was he a frostwolf too?
>>
>>342102363
>Saying Jones was rude when Adam's so obviously trying to get a reaction out of him
>Gets blown the fuck out and gets fucking booty blasted
>>
>>342102310
Until they retconned it, she's half-orc,half-draenei, half-human. Seriously.

>>342102471
Yes, in the movie.
Grom can be seen in the movie but he's doesn't have any lines.
>>
>and Garona being half human and half Orc

That was literally canon until it got retconned to be retarded shit.

Why do people who like Nu-Warcraft talk as if they have a clue?
>>
>>342102365
Blackhand is from the Blackrock clan, and is the chieftain of the Blackrocks and Warchief of the Horde (Although everyone knows Gul'dan is the real leader)
>>
>>342102561
Garona being a daughter of some random orc and draenei sounds way less retarded than being a daughter of world-travelling Medivh and some random orc.

They JUST came from entirely different world, how the fuck would she be a half-human?
>>
>>342102710
>Gul'dan takes his robe off and is pretty built for a withered old man
>Cheats like a little bitch
I did like that the Orcs still had their honor and called him out for it.
>>
>>342102831

The Dranei didn't even exist as a concept at the time Garona was a character. It retroactively makes pre-WoW look retarded and non-sensical but hey, that's nothing new with the abomination that is WoW lore.
>>
>>342102510
he was trying to get a real answer out of him
all of his questions were reasonable and polite
>>
>>342102310
Garona was belived to be half human and half orc, then it's been revealed that she actually is hald orc and half draenai, and Maraad being her uncle
>>
>>342102268
>bad pacing
It's good for the story it portrays. Did get boring at some point in the middle when they keep teleporting around but it's passable

>modernized dialogue
That's a valid critic I guess, the dialogue was shit at times

>bad acting
You don't know what you are talking about right?

>mediocre special effects
You really don't know what you are talking about, right?

>bad fight
Anon... Drop the meth...
>>
File: 1458367398269.png (170 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1458367398269.png
170 KB, 308x308
>>342102953
>Talking about shit that doesn't really relate to the film
>Personally trying to attack him and rile him up on camera so he looks bad
>Walks out of his own interview because his plan didn't work
>When Duncan Jones asked if he had made him mad Adam rantd like an asshole and left
>Reasonable and polite
>>
>>342103115

Bravo. Fan-fiction tier writing.
>>
>>342101972
>Garona being half human and half Orc
what's wrong with that?
>>
>>342101972
Yeah i enjoyed it. Not amazing but it was good. Popcorn movie.
Although i have had multiple people say they loved it and have seen it like 4 times. Even as a fan of the series i couldnt imagine doing that shit.
>>
>>342102365
>Everyone is so fucking young
It makes sense in the medieval setting but blizzard could have dropped the realism here. It's hard to respect a young king.
>>
>>342102223

>Adam Rosser pretty much nails it
>WHY DOES MEDIVH GET CORRUPTED
>It's explained in the movie, fel energy corrupts and he used too much of it.
>W-WHY DOES THIS THING HAPPEN
>That's explained in the movie.
>THERE'S A BIG BOOK! HOW COME THIS IS ONE MOVIE?
>This is a small slice of 20 years of work, this is the introduction to the world and will hopefully be one of many.
>REEEEE WHY IS THIS MOVIE SO SHIT?
>I don't think it's shit.
>WELL OKAY FINE THANKS
>walks out like a little kid

Nah, fuck off sperg. Duncan Jones handled it professional as fuck. The movie is below quality for him but Adam Rosser is a certified retard.
>>
>>342103196
>Talking about shit that doesn't really relate to the film
name one thing
>Personally trying to attack him and rile him up on camera so he looks bad
name one question that was meant to attack him personally
>Walks out of his own interview because his plan didn't work
the interview was over you retard
they don't get more than about 5 minutes
he had no more questions so he said thank you and bye
he even says thank you several times at the end for his time, because jones looks at him confused
>When Duncan Jones asked if he had made him mad Adam rantd like an asshole and left
that never happened
nice try troll
>>
>>342103185
not anon but you're seriously going to stand by the acting in Warcraft? Orc scenes were good, I'll give you that but you didn't cringe at ALL during human scenes?

To me, human scenes felt like they came out of a corny YouTube fantasy movie.
>>
>i eat dicks and have shit taste
thanks for the info OP
>>
>>342103318
It's one of those movies you'd probably notice something that's in the background that you haven't seen before. For instance, I saw the summoning stone and my dad saw a peacebloom that I didn't see.
>>
>>342103375
>>WHY DOES MEDIVH GET CORRUPTED
>>It's explained in the movie, fel energy corrupts and he used too much of it.
it is not explained why and how that happens and if you know the story of warcraft, you know that's not how it went down anyway
medivh had sargeras inside his soul
>>
>>342102550
cereal?
>>
>>342103185
I take the bait then

Not him, but most of the shit he said was true. The pacing suffers from the bad editing, many scenes open and ended abruptly. I hope this shit (which is my main complain) is fixed on the DC version or whatever.

Acting is bad, simply because it's so stiff and tonally weird. There's the part with the young wizard that I assume a comedic moment, but everyone faces are emotionless, and it's not a deadpan humor too. There's a part where Anduin's son got killed, but there's no setup whatsoever other than "I have a son" + unconvincingly sad moments that it's laughable.

Special effects are good, great even. It's the blend of live action and CGI that's fucking garbage. Fights also suffers from it resulting human/orcs looks so unconvincing. The cameras didn't help too, it's too shaky.

Maybe I'm too harsh with this movie, but I remembered that I hated it after seeing it on the cinema.
>>
>>342103420
The human scenes were the worst and most boring ones, granted, but not because of the acting. They just felt rushed, difficult to believe because everyone was too young, and were also monotonous, not because of bad acting

You know it is bad acting in movies like Avatar when you feel like killing yourself as you watch the character interaction, not because of "oooh look the half orc is near the king and no one is stabbing her to death (despite the fact the king gave them the sign to fuck off) wooow........"
>>
Did anyone else feel that the Orcs seemed dumb and bloodthirsty than they feel like the games? Maybe they are more savage when they have recently been infused with felmagic
>>
File: 911.jpg (26 KB, 343x254) Image search: [Google]
911.jpg
26 KB, 343x254
>I watched a movie with people I like and thus enjoyed it
HOLY SHIT STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!11 THIS HAS LITERALLY NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!!
>>
>>342103492
Yeah but if they wanted to put that shit in the movie they'd have to explain the Burning Legion and Sargeras so everyone would know what the fuck all that shit is and why it's important. He pointed out that there's evil green magic, and Medivh obviously has some sort of connection with it because he's helping a dude who uses it and his fel empowered army.
>>
>>342103185
pron movies have better acting
>>
>>342103624
At one point, yes.
They retconned it so she "thought" she was half-human.
>>
>>342101972

This movie was enjoyable and fun for warcraft fans who aren't autistic okay I mean SUPER autistic about the lore. I don't know why anyone else would choose to see it.
>>
>>342102842
Only reason he needed to cheat was because he wanted to rush it.

Guldan could barely walk from all the fel magic he used that he shouldn't be fucking master Roshi.
>>
>>342102471
No hes not, that guy is probably too stupid to understand what was going on.

At some point, blackhand even says "the frostwolves dont join the hunt?", detaching himself from the clan
>>
Are they making a sequel?
>>
>>342103636
The problem is that they have to deal with a shit source that was made for gameplay, not movies. Game is filled with filler and meaningless interactions that only pick up on the beginning and the end, and that appears clearly in the movie.

Not sure what you mean about Anduin's son, there was a setup. He had got hurt some time earlier and Anduin was watching over him and saying that he doesn't want to see his son hurt. Then his son gets killed because of Medivh although not really his fault, which makes Anduin hate him and confront him later on, it's sort of the entire reason he got involved in a conspiracy to "overthrow" Medivh

>special effects are good, the problem is the CGI
Actually the CGI was extremely praised and the orc design was great, most criticized thing were the special effects, mainly wizard spells, but fuck anyone who complains about that because you only see wizards doing things for a very small fraction of the movie, literally everything else is top notch
>>
>>342101972
Thats what she was always supposed to be you underage turd
>>
>>342101972
I know it was never going to happen but I wanted old WAAAAAAGH orcs, not green humans.
>>
>>342103883
>I don't know why anyone else would choose to see it.
Because people like action and fantasy movies? I know a lot of people who've never touched Warcraft that liked it.

>>342103987
>Europe title is Warcraft: The Beginning
>Obvious sequel is going to be about Thrall
>>
>>342103987
The ending heavily implies that, they leave the general public wanting more.
>>
Looked pretty shitty in all the trailers. If it's half decent I don't mind waiting to just redbox it, but I get the feeling it's just as stupid as it looks and the people defending it are doing so for hipster points.
>>
>>342104034
But the orcs were WAAAAAAAAGH. The only one who wasn't was Durotan, but he was also civilized in the games.
>>
I enjoyed the movie. It was basically just a poor man's LotR. Generally I thought the movie was well done. Not going to break any records or anything, but it was anything but bad.

It was definitely 900% better than I was expecting. I'd give it a solid 7/10. Had some weird acting and pacing here and there, but overall I thought it was well done. Hopefully in the inevitable sequel they can focus on less overall events so that the ones they have can have more of a natural progression to them.

>>342103718
That's just how orcs were until Thrall happened. That's how it goes when you find Green Jesus.
>>
>>342104186
>Look at how cool and contrarian I am, guys
>>
>>342104189
Yeah but only because lolcorruption, but I guess it's an alright compromise. At least it wasn't thrall levels.
>>
>>342104007
>Not sure what you mean about Anduin's son, there was a setup
The setup was so thin. There's "you're the colonel now son" and the on the medical tent. But we rarely seen the actual interaction of father/son bonding. It felt so hamfisted and forced when the son dies.

Compare it to maybe Life Aquatic or Indiana Jones 3. I know it's the main focus, that's why it felt forced

>Actually the CGI was extremely praised and the orc design was great, most criticized thing were the special effects
Ah, I confused about the terms. Yes, the CGI was great, while the spells looks trash. I would add that the props are very cheap looking too.
>>
>>342103718
You should really go play WC1 and 2.
>>
>>342104310
It's contrarian to pretend this isn't Cool World with orcs. Not sure why you're trying to argue with me. I just said I'm going to eventually see the movie to judge for myself.

If I'm wrong so be it, it just looks like a bad movie.
>>
>>342102268
>I thought the popularity of Game of Thrones would have given people better tastes
Game of Thrones is overrated trash though
>>
>>342101972
>blizztards still trying to defend this shit pile.
>pretending this wasn't such a fucking waste of time and money because just like they do with current WoW expansions they have to justify money spent by acting like it was good.

I used to be like this. I was like that for a long time. I let shit go because I loved WoW. I spent years defending it and Blizzard. I was so hyped for this movie. I figured it'd make me want to play again. It was fucking dog shit. The acting was beyond bad. 'Story' was so fucking botched it felt like a fanfic and all that money wasted on CG.. dear God.. hair clipping through material.... like the simple shit that just shouldn't have been happening was happening. Literally had someone tell me the clipping was an Easter Egg.

Stop it. The movie was garbage just like the game is now.
>>
>>342104310

It's contrarian to like that piece of shit to be honest.
>>
>>342104590
>hey I supported Trump just like you but then this specific fact happened and since then I'm for Shillary :3
Okay.
>>
>>342104590
Literal autism
>>
>>342104586
Ayyyyyy I was waiting for it.

I bet you don't drive cars because they're so popular, huh?
>>
>>342101972
>making daily excuses for this piece of dogshit flick
How much per thread?
>>
/v/ really is disgustingly cynical, Jesus Christ
>>
>>342104728
I drive your mom's car
>>
>>342104891
And you're a disgusting sycophant, stop trying to push the garbage you pretend to enjoy on other people.
>>
>>342104705
What the fuck are you even on about? Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>342104891
Fuck off then. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>342101972

It is a bad movie i dont understand how people like this.Where is the fun in the movie?Action isnt good the story is shit.It s a shitty hollywood action movie that people are gonna watch and then there are gonna be 100 sequels
>>
>>342104728
Game of Thrones is absolute garbage though.
If you honestly enjoy the story you're an absolute turbo pleb. I enjoy many popular shows but GoT is on par with Sex in the City when it comes to quality HBO shows
>>
File: 1464472937515.jpg (39 KB, 680x630) Image search: [Google]
1464472937515.jpg
39 KB, 680x630
>>342104705
Nigga I'm not even agreeing with >>342104590
but you're being retarded. Go back to /pol/.
>>
File: serial_box.png (61 KB, 252x170) Image search: [Google]
serial_box.png
61 KB, 252x170
>>342104967
So this... Is the power of summer...
>>
>>342105016
And the effects are revolting. Costume and set design are a joke.
>>
Maybe your mom wouldn't have left you if your dad didn't have such a shit taste and didn't play wow all the time
>>
>>342102268
>GoT
>great pacing
>So we're just gonna pretend like 'her' character development wasn't and isn't straight in the fucking trash tier?

For fucks sake it's becoming like Dragon Ball Z. 5 episodes of little to nothing happening but people have to pretend like something so amazing happened followed by 1 or 2 actually worth watching episodes and back to more filler, because instead of just ignoring side characters that had literally nothing to do with anything let's devote an episode to them so when they die people can act like they were important to the plot.
>>
>>342105030
Keep it up, man.
>>
File: 1449915168923.png (193 KB, 574x543) Image search: [Google]
1449915168923.png
193 KB, 574x543
>>342105058
Stop trying to fit in.
>>
>>342105065
No, you pretty much went full retard with that turmp/hillary shit. You went into a non-sequitur because you know this movie is indefensible.
>>
>>342101972
gonna watch this movie 3 times now thanks my shill friend you convinced me.
>>
>>342105095
>5 episodes of little to nothing happening but people have to pretend like something so amazing happened followed by 1 or 2 actually worth watching episodes and back to more filler

That sounds more like every popular television show made in the past few years.
>>
>>342105143
That's /v/ for you.
>>
>>342104705
>>342104721

>Let me strawman and non-argue, because I have literally nothing to say.

So we agree the movie was, shit? OK. Cool.
>>
>>342105095
>'her' character development
Who? Daenerys 'Literally Fucked Her Way to Queen' Targaryen?

Because I've barely seen the show but what I have shows that she more or less got to be a leader for fucking the leader of a group, tyen suddenly having dragons.

Does she actually have character?
>>
>>342105162
>"the hair clips through material at this specific scene!"
>"it is not completely loyal to the source material!"
>"lol they wasted time on CGI!!!!! I mean come on why would you need CGI just film real orcs......"
>"look at this bad acting it doesn't even feel like I am watching titanic"
Your arguments are as ignorant as it gets.
>>
File: 1437494886076.jpg (29 KB, 496x379) Image search: [Google]
1437494886076.jpg
29 KB, 496x379
I don't like how they basically combined the first two wars into one story.
>>
>>342102268
>its genuinely good acting, has great pacing and let's plot lines mature instead of just spontaneously happen

Is that why plebs think when watching GoT?
That its the high-art of cinematography?
>>
>>342105308
It sounds like you don't like it when people have standards.
>>
File: 1378667047916.png (994 KB, 1278x534) Image search: [Google]
1378667047916.png
994 KB, 1278x534
Gul'dan was bad as fuck
>>
>>342103814
>>342102310

>Garona The Racefluid
>>
File: 1441301585866.gif (2 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
1441301585866.gif
2 MB, 300x168
>>342105434
You don't want me to believe you have standards while we discuss in 4chan, right?
>>
>>342105484
What PS2 game is this?
>>
>>342105330
>Orgrim doesn't get enslaved
>Turalyon, Alleria, and Danath are nowhere to be seen
>Never goes father North than Ironforge
>Dragons don't make an appearance
>Dwarves and Elves get fuck all screen time
>Trolls and Ogres haven't been seen (Though the foremer was planned a bit)
>Orcs don't end up enslaved

Which Second War are you referring to?
>>
>>342105484
Is this from the movie? Looks like shit
>>
>>342105556
four channel*
>>
>>342105308
How's that strawman working out for you?
You can't force people to enjoy eating shit by making daily threads. The effects were lazily composited, the plot was a mess, the acting was atrocious and the set design was garbage. What was good about that movie? And don't call me ignorant when you're the one defending bullshit to feel special and unique.
>>
>>342105570
>Compains about a small resolution pic that doesn't even show the movie moving.

>>342105484
It was nice to see an actual straight up villain for once, instead of them trying for force down people's throats a villain that people 'can understand and feel for'.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>342101972
lol just watched it, not a bad movie. Any fan of the series will like it at least a little, but I understand why critics shit on it
>>
>>342105770
>complaint

I just want to know what game it is
>>
>>342105770

Well they chose the right one considering Gul'Dan was the cause of 80% of all corrupted evil villains.

Probably will be the cause of all the new ones too.
>>
>>342101972
It was complete shit.
>>
>>342105602
I thought about that too seeing screenshots. Movie looks miles better in motion on the big screen.

In fact the neck snap people were getting up in arms about with clipping isn't nearly as awkward in the movie.
>>
File: 1438032331285.gif (3 MB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
1438032331285.gif
3 MB, 450x250
>>342105737
>you are defending this highly acclaimed, high budged, extremely popular movie to feel special and unique
Wait, so being hipster is so mainstream that hipsters now convince themselves they are not hipsters but instead everyone else is? We're going too meta.

And you can't throw four half-assed half-baked critics as if they were facts and expect people to prove you wrong.

Oh, and

>complaining about satires and greentext as if they were strawman
Summerfags, everyone
>>
>>342105839
Why is Gul'dan such an evil prick? Isn't it because he's just that power hungry? Because that's be a bit refreshing, if that were the case.
>>
File: orc.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
orc.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
I thought stormwind gets left in ruin at the end of the first war
>>
>>342106001
Yeah, it was. Speculation has the Sacking pinned as the opener for the nrxt movie.
>>
>>342105997
That's what it said in the WC2 manual, but I'm sure that's been retoconned at some point too.
>>
>>342105969
>high budged, extremely popular movie to feel special and unique
You can't spell budget and it was only popular in China. It flopped something fierce everywhere else. Having a high budget and being popular doesn't make for a good movie, ask Adam Sandler or Michael Bay.
>>
y'all are some sad bitter nerds lmao
>>
>>342101972
Dalaran floating is probably fine. Garona was half draenei, they even showed the draenei begging to her in the movie and she spoke to them in their language and the orc called her a half breed.

The other changes I thought were interesting was how Garona was asked by King llane to kill him, but it won't be written in the books that way because of misconception on the alliance side. Way better than relying on mind control. Also the reason thrall was green was much better than in the original lore.

I didn't like the focus on fel magic because it kind of nullified the demon blood.
>>
>>342105969
>highly acclaimed
>highly budgeted
>extremely popular

jej
>>
>>342102223
I think the orcs were really good, the CGI looked great as well as magic effects. Annnd that's pretty much it. All the rest was pretty damn terrible, from retarded actors that looked like they could burst into tears at any moments, to cringe dialog and huge pacing issues. That was a fucking mess.
>>
>>342106067
ayy you're a hipster sack of shit lawl get rekt fgt
>>
File: 1464825985192.png (232 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1464825985192.png
232 KB, 512x384
>>342106145
>hipster
I liked the movie, how does it make me a hipster
>>
>>342106067
>get btfo of /tv/
>try to market shitty d&d sequel on /v/
>get btfo again

Try /vg/
>>
>>342101972
WoW players have such fucking shit taste. Don't start on the whole "it's Warcraft not WoW" meme, because the people trying so desperately to praise it have never touched Warcraft before WoW.

>oh lookie there at that thing I recognize
>that makes it good!

Literally Big Bang-tier fanbase.
>>
File: vagDhnS[1].png (931 KB, 1082x493) Image search: [Google]
vagDhnS[1].png
931 KB, 1082x493
I wonder if the movies will go in some kind of order or if they'll branch off. The next movie's obviously about Thrall, so I wonder if then it'll be about Varian and Arthas.
>>
>>342106097
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft
>audience score
>>
>>342106102
Too many cgi backgrounds, shit felt like the fucking prequels. Though the orc only scenes were pretty great because it was all CGI, and there wasn't any horrible juxtaposition between cgi and real actor.
>>
>>342106217
>that fucking critic score

Where's the """""highly acclaimed"""""?
>>
File: 1459762769848.jpg (178 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1459762769848.jpg
178 KB, 770x711
>>342106186
PLEASE WATCH THE MOVIE I BEG YOU
>>
File: 1440271917186.png (258 KB, 549x560) Image search: [Google]
1440271917186.png
258 KB, 549x560
>>342106191
>bringing a failed scientific theory on the universe's conception in this debate
For what purpose would you derail this? Sure, Bigfags are bad, but that's a completely new thread
>>
>>342106191
>"it's Warcraft not WoW"

Do people actually say that? Because this movie reeks of post thrall writing.
>>
>>342106176
Nobody else did. That's what makes you a hipster.
>>
>>342106097
>highly acclaimed
Pretty sure it was the top of the list in 90% of the markets it was originally released in (Europe).

>highly budgeted
$160 Million

>extremely popular
See first point.
>>
File: 1447296133871.jpg (61 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
1447296133871.jpg
61 KB, 400x534
I watched the movie with two friends expecting to laugh and have a good time. It was so bland, boring and confusing at times that we couldn't get any mileage out of it. I seriously don't know why people say they like it: There's nothing to like or hate about it.
>>
>>342105969
No it flopped spectacularly. It did incredibly bad on the first week end in US and is now down by 82%.
It was only saved from complete disaster by China and even then it's dropping like a stone as well here.

Highly acclaimed by brainless Blizzdrones , but not much by anyone else.
>>
>>342106295
critics are a few dozen people

audience are millions

it's acclaimed
>>
File: 1455128502299.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455128502299.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>342106393
It has 7.6 on IMDB, I'd say you are the contrarian here.
>>
File: 1440533631153.png (236 KB, 540x302) Image search: [Google]
1440533631153.png
236 KB, 540x302
What is it about Blizzard that triggers the ever living fuck out of /v/?
>>
File: image.gif (459 KB, 716x476) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
459 KB, 716x476
>The might of Dalaran has arrived!
>>
I wonder why this movie did so poorly in the west. It did really well everywhere else.
>>
>>342106489
Literally not what your precious numbers are reflecting. How did you manage to destroy your own argument this hard?
>>
>>342106501
>It has 7.6 on IMDB
You mean where everyone can review it? I think you got enough attention for today, Billy. See you tomorrow when you make the thread again.
>>
Lothar's actor was the most wooden, bland, personality-less portrayal of anything that I've ever seen.
>>
>>342106556
Only if by everywhere else you mean china. And they devour any kind of shit that has CGI, like the transformers movies.
>>
>>342106539
This place is entirely consolechildren and nostalgiafats.
>>
>>342106539
Most people grew up with old blizzard. Nu-Blizzard tries their hardest to fuck up everything. Blizzard should just died like Westwood.
>>
>>342106207
Next movie will involve the Sacking and Second War.

After that, it's Thrall and probably part 1 of the Third War. (Human Campaign.)

Then the rest of ROC.

Then Frozen Throne, sans Orc Campaign. That will be mentioned and regarded during the Warden Campaign.

Varian doesn't get big in lore up until Wrath, if I remember right, but they'll probably make mention of the Stonemason's Rebellion in the third movie.
>>
>>342106658
I thought it did well in Europe. Also by the west I meant America. I'm too used to talking about weeb shit.
>>
File: 1456829475791.jpg (19 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
1456829475791.jpg
19 KB, 500x304
>>342106585
Yes, the place where normal people can tell others what they think
>>
>>342106539
Nothing. We still get regular WoW threads and Overwatch threads are decent.

It's just a really bad idea to try to defend crap movies on a board that's had more than its fair share of crap movies.
>>
>>342106539
They're a PC based company, PC players are the most vindictive petition making crybaby faggots in the industry.
>>
>>342106501
>Using IMDB as a legitimate metric of anything

there are blizztard faggots in the user comments that colluded to bring the score up (regardless of the movie's quality) since it's all determined by popularity contest
>>
File: 1452733632356.jpg (331 KB, 796x832) Image search: [Google]
1452733632356.jpg
331 KB, 796x832
>>342106556
Critics are self entitled and self important retards with egos the size of Texas.
Plus it really isn't critiqued fairly, considering none of the "critics" really seem to know about the universe of Warcraft.
>The journalist in OP's video doesn't know shit about Warcraft and compares it to Lord of the Rings, stating that he didn't understand Warcraft because he didn't know about it but understood Lord of the Rings because he did
Honestly all it did was make him look incredibly unprofessional and immature.
>>
>>342106752
>normal people
>imdb
You clearly haven't read those reviews.
>>
>>342106752
Normal people don't shill vote for a movie just because it's a franchise they're obsessed with. That's what fanboys do.
>>
>>342105969
>highly acclaimed
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/06/18/warcraft-plunges-82-for-1-9m-friday-while-conjuring-2-drops-67-box-office/#58ec5d9472e3

Tldr: record audience drop for a second friday both is US and in China where it's sinking like a stone.
>>
File: 1455884445373.jpg (38 KB, 636x382) Image search: [Google]
1455884445373.jpg
38 KB, 636x382
>>342106836
>muh boogeyman
"blizztards" today, "witcherdrones" tomorrow
>>
>>342106821
No amount of ad hominems are going to magically make this movie good. Don't cut yourself over this.
>>342106854
Funny how critics are only wrong when they dislike movies you pretend to like. And you are pretending to like this trash, it's irredeemably bad.
>>
>>342106658
>>342106750
It did well in Europe and Asia. Some critics blasted it in America... two weeks before the release.

Conspiracy Theorists are bringing up that the movie had Chinese funding, and the Hollywood was trying to keep the movie industry as there thing by getting critics to blast it before the release.

I think that's a tad possible, honestly...
>>
>>342101972
Found the idiot.

Seems to be a correlation between low IQ and people who enjoyed this exercise in cringe.

Visually, it was mostly quite spectacular, but in terms of the dialogue and ultimate story?

Abysmal.

Thanks for making epic fantasy appear as if simply fancy colours for dumb children, Blizzard.

Fucking retards.
>>
>>342107037
see
>>342106986
Also ticket sales have no bearing in a film's quality, specially when those sales come from China.
>>
>>342101972
I feel like it's my duty to see this movie, but unless I can convince many others to see it, what differnece will I make I feel at the same time. Especially since I'm strapped for cash at the moment. It's a shame that the critics are tearing it apart if it is indeed a decent beginning of a potential Warcraft movie franchise. I mean who doesn't want to see the Lich king on the big screen, that would be amazing.
>>
>>342107035
>Pretend to like
Like how you pretend to hate it?
>>
>>342106990
It's all there regardless of whether you want to acknowledge it or not, dumbshit. Fanboy faggots colluded to vote the movie up because they got assblasted by critics.
>>
>>342105997
>>342106063

I believe atleast he has not yet received any attempts at redemption, he just wanted power, and got it.
>>
>>342107153
No, friend, I honestly, thoroughly laughed at how shitty it was. It would have been funnier if I hadn't paid for the ticket.
>>
File: 10009283421.png (215 KB, 372x376) Image search: [Google]
10009283421.png
215 KB, 372x376
>>342107150
>I feel like it's my duty to see this movie
>>
>>342106539
The fact Blizzard used to be an awesome company, creating some of the most mythical games in gaming history, little masterpieces of gameplay and creativity that marked deeply so many people.
And the fact Neo-Blizzard is now one of the worst game company out there, complacent, uncreative, soul-less and greedy as fuck, starting to be on par with EA. It's anger mixed with nostalgia.
>>
>>342106539
Blizzard's best days are long over and the defenders won't accept it. If those people would just move on the rest of us could just casually shit on them in peace and harmony.
>>
>>342103294
Garona was born before the gate was built.
>>
>>342107467
They're not even the worst video game company by miles
>>
>>342107350
>worst game company out there, complacent, uncreative, soul-less and greedy as fuck
You just described Nintendo tho
>>
>>342107485
That's a weird point. The story as I remember was Gul'dan aged her artificially with magic and effectively warped her into being his greatest assassin.

Admittedly my First War lore is a bit shoddy, so I'm not the one to go to for that.
>>
>>342107573
>They aren't the worst so that means they're all right

What is this dumpster logic? Ok, they aren't Konami or EA. Just because there are abysmal companies out there doesn't mean Blizzard is magically redeemed.
>>
>>342107757
If we're talking the WC1 story as it was told, then she's just some half orc who was chosen because she was less retarded than most full blooded orcs. In fact the orc side of the WC1 manual was written by her because of this.
>>
>>342107721
"complacent, uncreative, soul-less and greedy as fuck" is about 90% of the AAA industry familia
>>
>>342101972
im a pig fuckyeahfuckyeah im gonna cum all over everything.
>>
>>342107850
>They're bad because I don't like them
gotcha
>>
>>342107721
>>342107350
New Blizzard's hate comes primarily from a few things.

Their story writing ability has plummeted, becoming 40k tier in terms of retcons in order to fit the story. The issue is that while retcons in 40k are mildly okay, Warcraft's scope doesn't fit well with retcons. That's not even mentioning what the SC2 Epilogue did.

Then you have casualization of their games, with the ability pruning and simplification of classes in WoW. Some agree with changes, others don't. Diablo 3 (On release) was immensely dissapointing due to a lack of things to do outside of grinding story mode. Hearthstone was released. HotS, the MOBA-for-beginners was released. And Overwatch was released on console.

By no means are they EA tier yet, but they are also nowhere near what they used to be.
>>
>>342107035
I wasn't talking about the movie, I was talking Blizzard in general.
>>
>>342108048
WoW has been getting worse for years and all they can poop out is a shallow TF2 clone in the meantime. If you're pleased by this you deserve to bent over by developers and publishers.
>>
File: 1438651060979.jpg (42 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
1438651060979.jpg
42 KB, 544x400
>>342107950
Oh yeah, also the original first invasion actually started well before the first war proper started. As opposed to current canon where shit hit the fan the moment a single orc could fit through the portal. So in original WC1 canon she was half human, then later changed to half dranei, then back again to half human
>>
>>342107350
Every company starting out was awesome, shit changes with success. I remember when Capcom used to produce nothing but gold, and look what they are now.

I will never not be pissed about Dino Crisis 3.
>>
>>342108168
>By no means are they EA tier yet

How the fuck is ActiBlizzard not at EA tier yet?
We do realize that EA has been copying Actiblizz for the past few years now, right?

Does a company must have two dozen dead developers in its past so it can be be matched up to them?
Of the 3 worst things to happen to gaming, with having biggest effect on the industry, two and a half came from Actiblizz, CoD, WoW and dotalikes
>>
>>342108168
Not to mention how obviously consolised Overwatch is

I bought it today, and it doesn't feel like a PC shooter at all. There's aim assist out the ass and half the character's ultimates do all the aiming for you
>>
>>342108168
>By no means are they EA tier yet
You do know they're owned by another EA-type company right?
>>
>>342108465
How are any of Blizzard's games as bad as New-Battlefront, or even Battlefield 3/4/Hardline? Or Mass Effect 3? Games gutted for the sheer factor of releasing paid DLC to improve them.

Sure Blizz cuts content but they don't then go back and say 'Well you can go to this zone, if you pay another $15'.
>>
>>342101972
>Terrible CGI, the karazhan pool scenes looked like the CGI from adventure games from the 90's
>Dark portal lore changed again, again
>Frostwolf dindu nuffin
>We paid a lot for the teleport animation now lets put it in the movie every 10 minutes
>Dalaran and the Kirin tor will seem like a senseless addition to anyone that hasn't played the games
>Khadgar cringy refusal to talk to anyone about the fel
>the fel? oh yeah it's like my magic but bad

Critically it is trash, mechanically it is trash and as a fan service its pretty fucking lame. 3/10 We traded a good expansion for this?
>>
Demons don't exist in the Warcraft cinematic universe.
It's a huge **ck-up.
>>
>>342106731
2nd movie will show all the windrunners to compensate never giving us this in WoW

As well as starting the Lich King and overarching Burning Legion plots

Maybe even dip into night elf lore and Aspects as a hook.

I fear for the WC3 movie because there is a fuck ton to cover in 2 hours. They will have to dip into those plots for the 2nd movie in order to tell the story properly.
>>
>>342108758
That's entirely wrong. Garona mentions them as being the ones guiding Gul'dan. Medivh nearly turned into one.
>>
>>342108850
Medivh guided Gul'dan. There are no demons.
>>
>>342108785
Hopefully the chinks will be interested in another jaunt through Duncan Jones magical shit fantasy adventure, because we know the west won't be.
>>
>>342108785
WC3 will be two movies, the first covering Lord of the Clans (Thrall's backstory) and the Human Campaign, the second going through the rest of RoC.

No idea how they'll pull Frozen Throne off, considering the campaigns are barely connected.
>>
>>342108978
Medivh was corrupted by the fel and was/turned into a demon in the film.

In the game it was Prince Malchezaar who turned medivh.
>>
how has nobody noticed that this thread is posted every day with slight variations?

basically each of them goes like:
>hey everyone says it's bad, but I actually really enjoyed it!
post is always in the same tone. calm, reasonable, doesn't look for a fight, doesn't even insult anyone. not afraid to stand up and voice an unpopular opinion. basically completely unlike typical v shitters
>insert random background like friends or family to make it more believable
>insert something about the movie to make it more believable

every single day in this exact format and there is not one thread where op says it's shit and hated it.

coincidence??????
>>
>>342109225
it's called shit posting.
>>
>>342109217
>Prince Malchezaar who turned Medivh

Just no.
>>
>>342109225
/tv/ has the same shill posts complete with "just saw with my gf, don't see the problem!" etc.
>>
File: 1436760929678.jpg (14 KB, 473x333) Image search: [Google]
1436760929678.jpg
14 KB, 473x333
>>342109225
That's how people act about ANYTHING when they think they have a unique opinion on the subject.
>>
>>342108731
>Sure Blizz cuts content but they don't then go back and say 'Well you can go to this zone, if you pay another $15'.

Yeah, they go

"We won't make that at all, enjoy raiding the same thing for 2 years for $15 a month".

Sounds a lot better right?

EA overprices their shit and dumbs it down.
Blizzard makes their games on a shoestring budget, overprices it to high hell, adds microtransactions upon services upon real-money trading, and then go "no resources".
They seem to invest back almost nothing of the outrageous profit they make.

I'm sure we are headed to a future where Blizz backstabs the shit out of all Overwatch buyers, meanwhile EA probably learned a lesson from Battlefront - or not, but even if they haven't they will still be a more "honest evil" than Blizzard.
>>
>>342108758
At least watch the shit movie before spouting crap.
>>
>>342105308
>people complaining about CGI
>in a fucking Warcraft movie
People bitch more about the live-action crap. It's fucking Blizzard, they should have just gone full CG.
>>
>>342109309
Play the game again.

I mean, I don't blame you for not knowing. They have changed the lore between each game.
>>
What's with all these "The Warcraft movie wasn't that bad" threads lately?
>>
>>342109375
There's no demons. Everything is just "the fel". Mannoroth isn't in the film, Sargares' occupation of Medivh isn't in the film, Dalaran is floating and we never see Archimonde, not even the Shadow Council are in the film.
Zero demons.
>>
>>342109012
>considering the campaigns are barely connected.
>this are blizzcucks now
STOP IT
>>
>>342108978
And both were puppets of the burning legion. Gul'dan led the shadow council and medivh was corrupted by eredar
>>
>>342109392
Sure, but the CGI they had was bad
>>
File: warcraft-movie-images-hi-res-21.jpg (4 MB, 3600x1500) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-movie-images-hi-res-21.jpg
4 MB, 3600x1500
I expected everyone to get medals for destroying the death star at the end.
>>
>>342109484
Malchezaar is the boss of Karazhan, the only game he features in is WoW.
Medivh was possessed by Sargeras, not even the same race.
>>
>>342109503
Sargeras with his corruption was definitely in the film, just watch it and get your shit spouting memes right.
>>
>>342109565
I wouldn't say that, the all orc scenes were fine because they were nothing but CGI. It's mixing them that doesn't work.
>>
>>342109582
The biggest bugbear for me about this movie was the fact that they fucked up the Night Elves and made them all white/blonde.
So basically instead, we had Blood Elves on the alliance.

Baffling.
>>
>>342109606
In wow lore (the current canon) he was never possessed by Sargeras. It was likely a mechanical choice to insert more levels of the demon hierarchy to make Sargeras seem more powerful in game where power creep has an effect on lore.
>>
>>342109012
TFT is directly tied to the second war ya bozo. Ner'zhul starts the death knight program under supervision of the nathrezim
>>
>>342109723
Sargeras isn't in the film. All we see is Medivh get corrupted by the fel and turn into a large elf.
There isn't a single demon in the entire movie
>>
>>342109736
=P
>>
>>342109736
Are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
File: warcraft 2.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
warcraft 2.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>342109736
Are you being serious?
>>
>>342109736
1/10 i replied.
>>
>>342109819
You can deny it all you want but the facts stands against you.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the lore, didn't Medhiv fuck Garona (in the movie it implies he's her dad)?
>>
File: Daemonwar1.jpg (196 KB, 1148x1200) Image search: [Google]
Daemonwar1.jpg
196 KB, 1148x1200
>>342109819
You'd think they'd have something. Even in the WC1 canon before all the corruption clusterfuck, there were demons.
>>
>>342109773
Whére in WoW is that said? WoW isn't exactly canon, and the quest the Violet Eye give you to kill Malch says that he only just arrived there.
>>
>>342109961
Movieverse has its own canon
>>
>People praise The force awakens
>Bash warcraft

This shit makes no fucking sense
>>
>>342109961
Yes, they have a son Medan. So Medivh is Medan's father and grandfather.
But I think it has all been retconned and Medan no longer exists. He was basically replaced by Khadgar in WoD.
>>
>>342110086
Well for one, the force awakens had people that could act. Come to think of it this movie is kind of like the prequels. Shitty cgi backgrounds and wooden human actors.
>>
>>342110086
warcraft is a cuck movie for nu-males.
>>
>>342109503
The Fel, as it is now known was introduced in WC3 but retroactively it existed in WC 1 & 2. It is one of the 6 or something guiding forces in the universe. The demons do not create or control the fel but they channel its force better than anyone else throughout the lore.

The Fel propagates on its own and is stored in the twisting nether but it does not channel itself, it must be called upon to be used. Medivh fears Fel magic but called upon it to bring Gul'dan into Azeroth and then it consumed him.

The remaining question is how did the Fel get to Azeroth to begin with and who used it to assert control over Medivh.
>>
>>342109961
In post retcon,garona fucks medivh and births Gary stu medan

In wc1 they were completely unrelated. Garona loved llane and was mind controlled to kill him while Varian watched
>>
>>342101972
She says in the movie she's half-draenei like in the games.
>>
>>342109984
They weren't even pretending they weren't ripping off Warhammer Fantasy, were they
>>
>>342110340
In WC1 she was a straight up spy and nothing more.
>>
>>342110086
Force awakens had like a handful of good things but was ultimately shit. You have to give it some leeway because it is a new franchise and was designed to be a series of movies.

Warcraft was not designed to be multiple movies, although its obvious they are hoping it does well enough to do another. It was also visually shit while changing the story again right after changing the story in the game because time travel.

Neither film matched the hype but Force awakens is in an entirely different league.
>>
>>342109984
Not even a single Pit Lord. Has Duncan Jones even -played- Warcraft?
>>
>>342110331

>The remaining question is how did the Fel get to Azeroth to begin with and who used it to assert control over Medivh.

Medivh was corrupted in the womb by sargeras when his mother supposedly sealed him in the tomb of sargeras. That ghostly woman in the cube is her.

Then there's the fact that the War of the Ancients left some lasting scars on the land.
>>
>>342110663
Right, so the answer is demons.
>>
>>342101972
Are you my little brother?
>>
>>342110331
The Fel is demonic influence without the demons.
The reason demons were cut was because they had to sell this movie in the US and China.
>>
>>342105770
>It was nice to see an actual straight up villain for once, instead of them trying for force down people's throats a villain that people 'can understand and feel for'.

But that's wrong. Gul'dan actually showed some compassion and a lot of pragmatism in the movie. I always had him pegged as a one dimensional evil mother fucker, but in the movie he comes off as more of a end justifies the means type fellow. He knows his race is fucked and the Legion is only using them, but he's working within that framework to give his people a sense of pride as conquerors. The alternative being to die out with a whimper like the Draenei.
>>
>>342110340
In WC1 she never sees Llane. She is a "spy" that got caught and you have to rescue her.
>>
I rate it 6/10

>Dalaran shouldn't float
>CGI was superb on orcs, some spells seemed a little bit silly but atleast had a warcraft feel
>Humans should've been CGI too
>fights felt satisfying overall
>>
>>342101972
so... is this advertising?
>>
>>342110950
In the human campaign she kills Llane. In the orc campaign you rescue her and Llane is killed by the player Orgrim doomhammer

So if you go purely by WC1 there is no one answer to what happens to her, if you go by WC2 then she killed him. But that guy is definitely wrong in thinking she had a thing for him.
>>
>>342110548
I guess that's it. I don't mind bad acting, most of the time I can't tell the difference. The force awakens felt like a Saturday morning Disney movie. No interesting themes or direction with the story, The amount of inter-textual references made me groan and I couldn't give a shit about any of the returning actors. The whole plot boiled down to R2D2 won't turn on, oh he magically turned on now we can find Luke. All I care about is story.

Warcraft absolutely is setting up a series, there is no doubt about it. That is why they set it during the time of Warcraft 2, it's about as far they can get away from current Warcraft without alienating audiences. The force awakens didn't have to set up the universe or establish the mythos, Warcraft does.
>>
>>342110849
You are mistaken. The Fel is an independent force from the chaos sphere that is created when things are killed and it resides in the twisting nether. The demons use it's power, they don't create it.
>>
File: warcraft-ii-dalaran-flag.jpg (26 KB, 300x369) Image search: [Google]
warcraft-ii-dalaran-flag.jpg
26 KB, 300x369
>>342111012
>>Dalaran shouldn't float

Funfact, in the original story Dalaran was a country, not a city.

>Dalaran is a small, magocratic nation ruled by
a conclave of Wizards known as the Kirin Tor. The capital of
Dalaran is the Violet Citadel at Cross Island. This nexus of
supernatural forces is home to the four great towers that are
sanctum to many of the land’s greatest sorcerers. The Kirin Tor are
strong supporters of the Alliance and to its cause have devoted the
knowledge contained within their voluminous libraries as well as the
power of their awesome magiks
>>
>>342111235
Yeah, when WC2 came out the canon ending to WC1 was a mix of both stories but neither game is canon since WC3.
>>
>>342111343
This shit reminds me of the DC Multiverse map.
>>
>>342111336
Warcraft the movie is definitely taking place during the events of WC1.
>>
>>342111549
It's because the WC writers aren't good.
>>
>>342111343
>no display of the only true god in warcraft, elune
>>
>>342111474
>but neither game is canon since WC3.
I think the games' stories still work up to WC3. Obviously the change from WAAAAGH to orc corruption is a thing but that's about it.

Also why doesn't blizzard sell WC1/2 and diablo 1 on their online store?
>>
>>342111465
What is a city state?

The violet citadel would be the center of Dalaran the city and that city would be supported by several farming communities.
>>
>>342111343
The chart is wrong. Fel comes from the nether, from Sargeras.
>>
>>342111465
>pre-coke Metzen art

What happened
>>
>>342111847
>What is a city state?
Not what it is in WC2 anon. I'm not arguing about what it is in current WoW, only what it was originally proposed as. Even the WC2 manual states that alterac was a smaller state than dalaran.
>>
>>342111869
The chart is canon according to blizzard. Sargeras is in the twisting nether and using its power but it never says anywhere that he creates it. Now officially he is at best a steward of its power by whatever being embodies chaos.

>>342111813
She will be the embodiment of nature. They are setting up for a big universe expansion and you will likely see other gods written to encompass the other forces.
>>
>>342111343
>burning legion separate from titans
>titans shown as being arcane
>spirit included as an element when light isn't
>so many more things
don't even know where to start
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.