[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>this kills the Canadian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 12
File: Soma_Game_Art.png (155 KB, 280x325) Image search: [Google]
Soma_Game_Art.png
155 KB, 280x325
>this kills the Canadian
>>
shame the story relies on the protagonist being retarded.
>>
>>342100428
Toronto is at least less fucked than Melbourne or San Francisco.
>>
>>342100463
He has brain damage.
>>
>>342100847
yes, but the real reason in the game is that he´s a flawed copy of a brain.
I get it, but it still feels like such a cop out
>>
Here we go again with anons in this thread will turn into either neurologist or existentialist.
>>
the best video game story of all time.
>>
>>342100463
SOMA had a main character deep in denial, and mission control manipulating you the whole time. It doesn't surprise me too much that Simon acted how he did, he was being fed misleading info the final third of the game
>>
>>342100463
I don't know, man. Watching it from a fiction standpoint, he definitely should have realized what was going on, the ending isn't even a twist. I saw it coming from a mile away.

But if that same shit literally happened to me, I could see myself having the same reaction and denial.
>>
>>342102410
She told him they would be loaded onto the arc, implying they would be going. It's not a flaw that he was tricked.
>>
>>342102821
But he wasn't. She told him about the whole coin toss thing when he first "moved" from a body to another, he should have realized that *he* was fucked and bound to live in that body.
>>
>>342102991
The coin toss thing was just a shitty metaphor. It's obviously not how it actually works.
>>
>>342103042
Which is even more his fault for not realizing that he was bound to that body.
>>
>>342103084
Yeah, but if you're in a traumatic situation like that, I could see how you'd hold on to hope after hearing that shitty analogy.
>>
I played Fallout 4 after this and had to put the game down after the Cure-is-a-real-waifu quest.

So Simon being retarded isn't so far fetched: Pop culture has told us that transfers work that way all along.

Plus even guessing the ending had me hoping they'd find a way to put his chipset on the ark. Even after that, that it ended with him alone, in the dark, was agut punch.
>>
>>342103573
The real gut punch to me was when the girl/forgot her name got so stressed that her chip cracked, leaving MC alone in the dark abyss
>>
>>342103958
He just had to climb up the barrel of the Vengagun if he wanted to not be underwater anymore. It's fine.
>>
>>342103958

I never knew if her chip got damaged or merely overloaded / shut down. Like if Simon could find another port to plug her into, or maybe find another chip to ...transfer her onto.
>>
>>342103958
No, the real gut punch is knowing the human race is already extinct and none of your actions can change that.

The Ark is a computer chip running some algorithms.
The reanimated mutants are not humans, they're abominations.

>>342104301
And then he can sit on the end of the barrel and look out at the vast expanse of empty ocean. If he wanted to be a real dick, he could go collect some of those work droids, take them to the surgery and load some of the saved conciousnesses onto them. He'd have a nice group of "people" to talk to, although they'd all fucking hate him.
>>
>>342104585
Reload the shootbang and take pot shots at any passing ayys. Eventually they'll get pissed off enough to blow up the planet, and then he'll finally be free.
>>
>>342101824
This. He probably knew what was coming himself, but still had hopes, like people believing into coin toss. It's not like he had any choice either, especially after he lost his identity after the reveal that he is, indeed, was dead for a long time.
>>
File: 1429448432507.gif (1 MB, 385x300) Image search: [Google]
1429448432507.gif
1 MB, 385x300
If the scans on the Ark weren't of important people, but just of as many people as they could find at the time, why wouldn't they include Simons scan? Yes it was an old scan, but it was still fine and still "a person". And considering Catherine is the doctor scanning everyone, wouldn't she be one of the first person to be scanned?

What i'm saying is, Catherine and Simon upload themselves to the Ark but there's 99% chance of both Catherine and Simon already being on the Ark anyway. Now there are two Catherines and Simons on the ark, one pair which are 'normal' and one pair which have crippling psychosis because they know what "the true world" is actually like.

Sequel.
>>
>>342105282
Also, why didn't they delete the asshole who convinced everyone to kill themselves? He's gonna fuck up the videogame.
>>
>>342105579
He convinced everyone to kill themselves because he didn't want doubles to exist.
>>
>>342105282
The Catherine you encounter is an older copy of Catherine, I'm not sure her original scan even made it to the ARK in the first place since it was just for testing.
The Simon they had, on the other hand, was incomplete, and effectively wasn't able to simulate humanity until the WAU "fixed" him up, even if the new Simon maintained his original brain damage.
The body you use at Theta, Imogen, at least alluded to the idea that the WAU was causing shit to happen like Simon's sudden emergence.
>>342105579
It's not entirely unreasonable to suggest suicide in a situation that desperate.
The simulated copies would exist in their own little paradise while the biological originals starved or got murdered or worse.
Biological humanity was done for, there was no need to drag it out any further.
>>
>>342102991
The coin toss thing is a lie. That's why he was manipulated. A copy goes and a copy stays, both have the same sentience.

Do you not understand that? The whole time she portrays the sentience of others (himself as he went into the deep pressure suit for instance) as some sort of sentience in stasis. But that's just a lie to cover that they are shutting off a sentience that is 100% as capable as all the others, but just not necessary any more.

There never was a coin flip. There was only one outcome. Two bodies, two brains, two endings. One where he was uploaded and one where he stayed.
>>
>>342105913
>Two bodies, two brains.
Except the deep diving suit you hop into halfway through the game does not have a brain. It's shown that everyone in that particular station had their heads popped.

I don't understand how that deep diving suit was able to be transferred upon. I need to play the game again and see if it was WAU reanimated or something.
>>
>>342106524
Uh they just copied his brain into the deep diving suit. The WAU did the rest automatically.
>>
>>342106524
Did you play the game? They jammed a circuit board into the brainhole and the WAU did the rest.
>>
>>342105913
Of course I understood that, the coin toss explanation is an abstract way of explaining how one goes, one stays. If you're lucky "you"'ll be the one to *go*.
>>
I fking loved the story. I was heavily emotionally invested.
>>
>>342100463
You'd be a retard too if a car crash damaged your brain
>>
File: 1411018101888.jpg (56 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
1411018101888.jpg
56 KB, 531x471
>>342106767
>Did you play the game?
Don't throw comments like that around unless you're looking for a fight, mate. I'd break your face so bad not even the WAU could unfuck it.
>>
Simon was one of those retards who believe mind copying is the same as mind transfer. I bet he thought cloning is immortality as well.
>>
>>342107237
I ask because I know a bunch of people on /v/ just watched the TBFP LP.
>>
I didn't like the Ark angle of the game.

It sounded like some shitty hippie trip that was ultimately meaningless. Yeah let's send some brain scans into a virtual world in space, that will help us!
>>
I'm probably not the first one to notice that since I didn't play the game right at release but can we for a moment appreciate that SOMA's story actually lends itself to being represented in a video game? That whole mirror scene twist where you change bodies and look back at the body you just were in only works because the player learns to associate the first person camera he can control with the "real" Simon and Simon himself feels the same way because he hasn't grasped the technology behind it yet. If that scene was played in a movie with a third person camera showing both Simons at the same time it wouldn't work nearly as well.

I wish we'd get more stories like that.
>>
>>342107418
It probably would have worked just as well without the videogame parts, though. The enemies and "combat" were more a distraction than anything else.

But yeah, it's a good example of interactive fiction having a leg up on a movie or book.
>>
>>342107406
You miss the part where the surface of Earth got glassed? People knew they were fucked and could do nothing, best plan was to copy a bunch of blokes and send 'em into space as the last remnant of humanity
>>
>>342107406
Better than nothing. Better than just await death in an underground base that gets worse and worse with time.

Hell even the WAU wasn't that bad, at least it provided some sort of continuation of human life
>>
>>342107681
>>342107735

Yes, but the WAU did a better job to recreate humanity with Robo-Simon v 1.0 than the whole Catherine+Simon plot.

If they could just make more humanoid androids they could do something,
>>
>>342107418
That part where you hear your previous "simon" talk while you're in a whole new body/Clone was really fucked up, together with the fact that you basically leave him (you) there alone and asleep.
>>
>>342107840
>He didn't kill himself.

lmao kid
this sea station ain't big nuff fer the two of us
>>
>>342107681
The ark was a post-shit's fucked project by a bunch of dudes underwater. For all we know they're could be tons of humans left topside in continuity of government facilites, eating hydroponic vegetables and hoping their water chip holds out until the planet stops being on fire.
>>
>>342107819
WAU's "recreation" resulted in people getting stuck in robots and eventually going mad, or some fucked up biomechanical mutant cyborgs

>>342107994
Every single radio channel was unreachable by the time Simon wakes up
>>
>he killed WAU

Good job idiot, now humanity is well and truly dead.
>>
>>342107968
And risk dying myself and lose Simon forever?
Backup plan man, at least if shit goes wrong there's still one of us able to do something.
>>
Wasn't this made by the guys who made Amnesia? I wasn't a big fan of Amnesia, but I've heard almost nothing but good things about SOMA from /v/, so it worth playing?
>>
>>342108097
Probably because of all the dust in the atmosphere. Or having a radio transmitter being a low priority when you're rushing a bunch of vaults so the species doesnt go extinct.
>>
>>342108181
No, it's shit. Go play Battleborn
>>
>>342108181
It's good if you're into story-driven exploration games with a bit of survival horror.
>>
>>342108181
Yeah, it's by the amnesia devs.
>>
>>342104841
I don't really believe the coin toss thing. You're you, that doesn't change, you're just creating a copy of yourself with all your memories. There's no 50/50 chance you're gonna switch bodies.
>>
>>342108181
SOMA focuses a lot more on the walkie-talkie and a lot less on the spooky-hidey. The monsters in SOMA actually felt shoe-horned in most of the time, unlike in Amnesia where the story felt that way.

Machine for Pigs was just awful in general. I find it amusing people never talk about it whatsoever. It's just so forgettable.
>>
>>342101824
>SOMA had a main character deep in denial
I don't understand how people find this so hard to understand. When people know a member of their family has died, it's very common for them to experience denial so powerful that they actually feel like that person is still alive and will come home later. If we can feel denial that strong about someone else's life, then I'm sure that can be magnified when it's our own life potentially being lost.
>>
>>342108376
The 50/50 is from an outside point of view. From old Simon's point of view he lost the coin toss, from Ark Simon he won. Same goes for the first and second simon in the diving gear.
>>
>>342108181
The gameplay is way more dumbed down than Amnesia, but the story is way more interesting. I like Amnesia more, though, overall.
>>
What was the best part of the game?

For me it was the walk on the bottom of the ocean to this last station.
>>
>>342108376
From the outsider's perspective you are just as much you as the digital projection of you on some disk or whatever, especially if the former you is also a digital projection to begin with. There's no coin toss for the ones, who are getting scanned, but for the projections' perspective they always win.
>>
>>342108460
It's just the disconnect between player and player character that puts people off. You ARE Simon for most of the game because you're just as much a fish out of water as he is. You share his exploration and his reactions and then suddenly at the end he goes full retard while you think "m8 we've been through this already calm down".
>>
>don't delete any of the backups
>don't turn off simon 2
>don't kill WAU

WAU will keep expanding. Eventually, its processing power will reach the threshold for true AI, and it'll turn off the monsters, load the humans into appropriate roborts and everything will be daijoubu.
>>
>>342108539
>>342108574
From an outside perspective, sure, but I mean if I'm about to get scanned, there's a 0% chance I'm ending up in digital paradise.
>>
>>342108572
I have to go with when you go really really deep and everything is dark. It looked beautiful and creepy at the same time.

The game actually bugged out on me and didn't knock me out when I went out of the lights, so I kept walking in a seemingly endless vast space. Eventually, the geometry got all fucked up and I was in some sort of dark tube falling eternally. I waited like 3 minutes and I just kept falling. I thought it was a scripted moment but it was just a fun glitch I found.
>>
>>342108846
Schrodinger wasn't actually implying the cat was both alive and dead.
>>
>>342108909
Point is, if you're the conscience reading this message, then you won't be the conscience that gets uploaded. There's no quantum mind-swapping going on. It's a simple copy and paste process.
>>
>>342108693
This it's the only way to save the human race.
>>
The game kinda missed a pretty big opportunity to unfuck the situation as much as possible. The WAU is completely mad and malfunctioning, the ARK, as the narrative paints it, is worthless, and simon, as a brainchip jammed into the neck hole of a wau-enhanced headless corpse of a guy in a diving suit, was a pretty effective successor to humanity.

But I guess allowing for the player character to not be completely retarded would've required around 2-3 times as much game as what was there. So whatever.
>>
>>342108693
But the WAU doesn't want to end any form of life. It wouldn't turn off the "monsters" because it doesn't recognize them as monsters.
>>
>>342108097
Robo Simon didn't go mad. Now what has Catherine achieved with her virtual world utopia? Maybe something will find us? Sorry that's just some shitty escapism that will accomplish nothing really.

As flawed as the WAU was it got concrete results.
>>
>>342108909
Basically this: >>342109097
I mean if you're getting scanned and think you have a shot of "winning" then you're wrong.

>Schrodinger wasn't actually implying the cat was both alive and dead.
What was he implying? I'm interested.
>>
Damn this game is boring

I just got past the part with the subway and I lost interest completely. Is the story as obvious as it seems to be? Hurr durr you're a robot now do you feel human etc.
>>
>>342109307
he was implying the quantum theory is retarded and makes no sense
>>
>>342109262
Right now it's more or less pre-sentient. It'll probably come to the conclusion monsters are monsters once it gets a few more points in INT.
>>
File: Flesher_ross_art.jpg (1 MB, 1428x1700) Image search: [Google]
Flesher_ross_art.jpg
1 MB, 1428x1700
>>342109280
The only one to get WAU'd and still retain their sanity was Ross, and he don't look so good
>>
>>342109425
Why do people think the wau is going to improve in any way? Its basically mindless and completely awry.
>>
>>342109747
>basically mindless
you just described evolution
the WAU went from being something so basic, to rendering entire virtual worlds, and then strapping consciousnesses onto bodies

the simon you play as was created by WAU, that's concrete proof it's improving right there
>>
>>342109687
Robo Simon was a creation of the WAU too
>>
>>342108693
The WAU was running on a power source that was going to break down after a couple of decades, and it had no intention of repairing itself or obtaining a new power supply.
The WAU was fucked.
>>342109280
>Robo Simon didn't go mad
He wasn't active as long as the others, and he was already incomplete so the WAU filling in the gaps was fine. On a human mind as properly formed and as complicated as a real, biological version, is where the WAU starts fucking with things it can't understand, because it's not programmed to.
>Sorry that's just some shitty escapism that will accomplish nothing really.
It's the fucking apocalypse, man. Last humans, no supplies, stuck at the bottom of the ocean with no hope whatsoever type Armageddon shit.
Escapism is literally the only option.
Survival isn't about accomplishing anything other than survival, and even then, they couldn't survive any other way.
It's making the best of a bad situation.
Like what this guy points out >>342109747 , the WAU is described ingame as closer to cancer than anything else.
Survival for survival's sake is not living.
>>
>>342109981
Was it? I don't recall if Simon's predicament was ever explained, just that you wake up in a female body with robot parts forcibly shoved in where a head should be, and the door being barricaded from the outside
>>
>>342109981
DNA has a lot more ability to articulate than the WAU does.

But I guess impresisng this idea upon you would require you spend a few years in college.
>>
>>342110180
Yeah, WAU's name is on the upload log you come across later on.
>>
>>342110112
>Escapism is literally the only option.
But it clearly isn't, as a corpse with the gel + robotic eyes has the ability to do something, research something and whatnot. Robo Simon could get more scans and create a team of those corpses with robot eyes that would have human-like physical abilities.
>>
>>342110180
someone was decapitated while working in a deep sea diving suit and the wau attempted to repair them by jamming a spare brain implant into the body's neckhole and uploading a completely different personality.
>>
>>342110302
>DNA has a lot more ability to articulate than the WAU does
[citation needed]
>>
>>342110112
WAU's power plant is geothermal, it's not going anywhere.
>>
>>342110314
>>342110481
What about the door barricade?
>>
>>342108376
coin toss idea is retarded, it makes more sense of you see the game from the last(not ark) simon and everything before were memories being 'downloaded' which is why you dont see anything from the very last simon except as a little extra bit.
>>
>>342110624
someone else saw what the wau was doing and was like "hell fucking no."
>>
>>342110392
>This brain damaged comic book store worker could just use a bunch of scans that are damaged if not completely fried and fit them inside robots tailored by the WAU to not murder him even though they were before, and those scanned in humans will always agree to be brought back in decomposing corpses that aren't even their own, most of which are scattered across the ocean floor in quarantined bunkers that are on the verge of collapsing
Sometimes I think the WAU posts on /v/ just for the attention.
>>342110592
It's just not going to be maintained by anybody qualified to maintain it, and it's being threatened by both deep sea pressure, the unchecked growth of robo cancer, and psychotic robots.
>>
File: 1458123959936.jpg (18 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1458123959936.jpg
18 KB, 320x287
>>342100428
>Halfway through once copying himself into a new body Simon has to make the decision to kill the previous version of himself or leave him trapped and alone.
>Does the same fucking thing at the very end of the game.
>BUT YOU SAID
I will never get over how stupid this character was.
>>
>>342110523
since the wau is just a computer program, it can never go beyond what it's preprogrammed criteria. Since that critera was basically useless (take copies, put them in robots!, etc)

DNA is not bound by any such constraints.
>>
File: 1463698263159.png (273 KB, 742x934) Image search: [Google]
1463698263159.png
273 KB, 742x934
>>342108846
People were desperate. It seems that the tech has been out for a while, but it doesn't seem that people living in their own digital paradises is a common thing, so they had to make some sort of an explanation to convince themselves that suicide is the best way out of the nightmare their life has been since "the catastrophe".

CGPgrey did an interesting video on the topic of breaks in consciousness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI
>>
>>342111161
From a psychological viewpoint, it makes sense
>>
>>342109403
I mean, yeah, that's the story. But the thing is that that fact isn't treated like some sort of huge twist. That's just the beginning of the plot.
>>
If you were to pick a random american and put them his place, they would act just like he did, probably even worse.

No idea how people think they are so smart just because they are playing the game but if you were in his shoes things would be different
>>
>>342111691
The very first trailer of the canned first draft of the game implies you're a robot
>>
>>342111286
data can get corrupted just like DNA, anon
>>
>>342100463
So what, nothing would have changed if he hadn't been. Not understanding how things work doesn't change how things work.
>>
>>342110302
>But I guess impresisng this idea upon you would require you spend a few years in college.
God damn, you sound like you love the smell of your own farts.
>>
>>342101775

You must not have played very many videogames.

This isn't even "the best videogame scifi story about mind-copying" of all time. That was done in the 80's.

Still, pretty okay as far as walking simulators go. Much closer to a real game than Homo Alone or Firewatch.
>>
>>342111783
So?

If narratives were populated entirely by the average person, everyone would just ignore everything remotely heavy and find ways to escape the pain/responsibility thrust upon them.
>>
>>342111852
The difference is that the WAU was nothing like DNA in the first place.
It wouldn't just unfuck itself. If DNA is fucked it stays fucked and gets worse.
>>
>>342111919
Probably because it was made by actual game developers with actual experience and an actual studio
>>
>>342111852
Like I said, stay in school. Computers can't continue to function with progressively corrupted data.
>>
>>342111152
You had that scan you tricked, that's another robot, you have Catherine's scan, and you have the scan of the robot you first find in the game. So there are at least 3 working scans other than Simon.
>bunkers are on the verge of collapsing
You're just making shit up.
>>
Well the WAU had just started going crazy and still was able to create a semi-decent human (Simon) with some base data and a scrap suit.
Given enough time I bet it'd be able to refine himself into something good, especially if he got access to videos of how humanity went like and could use that as basis for rebuilding.
>>
>>342111885
Some ideas can't be compressed to 3000 characters.

Its also summer, so the chances that I'm talking to an early teen are about 100%.
>>
>>342112236
>muh summer

No anon, you are the summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September
>>
>>342112404
>citing usenet phenomena on 4chan

The internet gets progressively worse every day, summer is a marked increase in that worsening.
>>
>>342112097
>an actual studio
eh, not really, all the devs work at home.
>>
>>342112236
you're right, some can't, but it's your attitude I was calling out. Oh, you went on to post-secondary education? Big fucking deal, so do millions of people. We've lowered the standard of education in the West that universities and colleges let in far too many people for it to mean much anymore.
>>
>>342112540
... You're really trying to imply someone is up their own ass because the don't want to try to explain computer science and genetics? On 4chan? To someone who gets all butt-flustered whenever "college" is mentioned?
>>
The ending of this game was the best ending of any game. Period. No debate.
>>
>>342100428
Wait, how did it end? I got to the point where she was saying that they were going to be loaded onto the arc or whatever.
>>
>>342112819
No, I'm implying that you used the phrase "But I guess impresisng this idea upon you would require you spend a few years in college" as a way to attempt to feign some false sense of intellectual superiority that you had over the other guy.
>>
>>342112887
Definitely the best ending to any of the games these developers have produced, I'll tell you that much. Although the ending of the first Penumbra and Amnesia: Justine were pretty good too.
>>
>>342112236
>shit grammar
>mister statistic percentage man
>not aware traffic doesn't increase or change during the summer
You are the underage.
>>
>>342112139
You mean those people who also had given up and had themselves scanned in trying to get on the ARK, yeah? Yes I bet they'd like to use their zero resources to waste their time trying to reprogram cancer to unfuck their shit.
All the people who were working on the WAU are either dead or insane enough to lead you directly to the WAU's deep sea monster guarded heart.
I mean you're right, the ARK isn't any kind of a chance for humanity, really, but any earth-based alternative is just unnecessary torture.
It's completely unreasonable.
>You're just making shit up.
Did you miss all those leaks, growths, rocks and rust while you were too busy thinking any of those dead people would've been super helpful?
Or how the ARK rail track was literally flooding all around you?
Or the Omega space gun that was so broken Catherine wasn't sure it was going to even work?
Are you sure you played SOMA? Or, hell, any game by these developers? Just about any place they set a game gets completely trashed.
>>342112982
Play it yourself and find out?
>>342113014
Black Plague's ending was fantastic, and Requiem, despite being barely a Penumbra game, had their best ending to date.
Poor Red/Philip
>>
>>342113010
oh goodness did the bad man hurt your feelings by implying he was smarter than you? HOW DARE HE! MAKE THE MEAN INTERNET PEOPLE STOP OFFENDING ME!!
>>
>>342112982
Just watch the ending, it's self explanatory if you know most of the game
>>
>>342113162
I quit because I was just walking around listening to dialogue. It's not a proper game.
>>
>>342113162
Oh and I forgot the best one, how the fucking power station itself flooded and revealed that you were in a diving suit.
That shit that the WAU needed to not run out of power.
>>342113253
Then watch it on youtube if that's how you see it.
>>
>>342113120
>he actually believes that summer isn't real

kids being able to be on 4chan completely uninterrupted by school causes posting quality to plummet.
>>
>>342113168
Might sharp tongue you have there, does it hurt when you slide it up your own ass?
>>
>>342113162
The people went insane because the WAU doesn't have a firm grasp on the concept of humanity. But the creation of Simon proves it managed to get shit right. All Simon needed to do was to find enough robot eyes and gel to get multiple human-like robots working, then the team could do something about monsters or just hide and try to work out how to unfuck things up. Or the WAU would have to hit the jackpot again with another robo-person.

Yes some parts of the place were fucked, the stations were just fine, are you sure you played the entire game or you just cherrypicked few snips from a video?
>>
>Go to the last part, deep deep in the sea
>See a light after coming out of a cave
>Go toward this light
>It's a giant fucking angler fish
>It eats my fucking face and I am literally screaming at 2am

fuck me
I don't normally get spooked so easily but god damn that game.
>>
File: Model.png (146 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
Model.png
146 KB, 340x255
>>342100428
The one thing I will always remember about this game is the abyss. Straight up pitch black darkness at the bottom of the ocean with huge, mutated fish.

I actually ended up being tricked by the Anglerfish's light and just had to quit for a while.
>>
WAU's "humans" don't need oxygen, keeping the water out is an unnecessary waste of resources.
>>
>>342113550
>then the team could do something about monsters or just hide and try to work out how to unfuck things up
Every human is either dead or on WAU life support. Sarah is the only human who is neither of those two above and you can choose to kill her. She is as good as dead anyway.
>>
>>342114000
I'm not talking about humans, I'm talking about scans placed into robot eyes on a corpse similar to what Simon is.

I just find the "well fuck everything I want to go to the ark" extremely defeatist since robo-Simon is capable of doing things many robots in there cannot.
>>
>>342113872
Most, if not all of the equipment did need an environment that wasn't sea water to function, though.
>>
>>342113443
If your goal was to prove entirely correct the idea any discussion/explanation of higher concepts is wasted on 4chan, congratulations, you have succeeded.
>>
>>342114183
Well, the game was basically built around the idea simon (and most likely, the player) is retarded. and judging by soma threads...
>>
>a toaster has enough power to simulate a human brain perfectly
>the main computer in an area takes 60 seconds to process opening doors and makes floppy disk sounds

Bravo.
>>
>>342113550
>robot eyes and gel to get multiple human-like robots working
These supplies Simon had a fair amount of difficulty finding. He'd also need access to working scanning stations and someone like Catherine who can operate them.
>then the team could do something about monsters or just hide and try to work out how to unfuck things up.
Because this worked well the first time.
>Or the WAU would have to hit the jackpot again with another robo-person.
Again, power failure.
Also, you're hedging your bets on something almost as ridiculous as aliens finding the ARK or something. This is just approaching absurdity at this point.
>are you sure you played the entire game or you just cherrypicked few snips from a video?
Let's go through each facility one by one, shall we?
>Upsilon, Power Station
Deactivated, then floods, no more power supply
>Lambda, where Catherine is first found
Fine, contains the first monster as well
>Delta, zeppelin base
Fine, but the rail transports are busted and the drones are aimless and wasting power, also mostly water based
>Theta, crew quarters
Fine on the top, a total fucking mess down below
>Omicron, quarantine
Banged the fuck up by the WAU
>Tau, ARK transfer
Banged the fuck up by the WAU, rail system completely destroyed
>Alpha, WAU centraL
WAU central
>Phi, Omega Space Gun central
Fine except the space gun area is clearly falling to pieces
>>342114183
>extremely defeatist
Everything is either robotic-cancer, underwater or on fire.
Earth: Defeated.
>>
>>342114183
>I'm not talking about humans, I'm talking about scans placed into robot eyes on a corpse similar to what Simon is.
Plenty of those robots were the scans, remember the one that thinks his hand got crushed or something? Everyone is at least somewhat conscious is already on the Ark, except for Catherine. Simon is a study template, maybe, there are more like him, but he doesn't know shit about anything and Catherine is the only one who makes the decisions here. He's obviously desperate to find redemption on the ark, and Catherine has a mission to uphold.

Any way, the station and WAU are clearly degrading with each day. This is an orbital cannon/research facility dependant on the surface logistics, not a fully fledged mining operation with an underground factory. It has more than enough energy, but without the ability to upkeep the equipment they are as good as dead, and, hell, there aren't many other robots to help them with that.
>>
>the sequence where you're running copies to try to get a door code or whatever

>the computer chip keeps trying the same thing
>the copy just freaks out every time, no matter what, because apparently being simulated in a computer wasn't something he was prepared for WHEN HE COPIED HIS BRAIN INTO A COMPUTER TO BE SIMULATED

Why was every character in this game monstrously retarded? The player character was the only one who had anything close to an excuse (literal brain damage), but absolutely everyone else was even more retarded than the player character, for no good reason
>>
>>342115208
Are you dumb or just feigning it?
Knowing that "you're going into internet world" is one thing, actually waking up in a completely fictional and halfassed reality where a disembodied voice tells you things and everything seems alright yet strangely out of place can be a pretty disturbing experience.
>>
>>342115203
in about six minutes of running around, you build not just another robot, but an upgraded version of yourself.

That previous version of yourself? Fuckhim.
>>
>>342114931
If Alien: Isolation can get away with it I don't see why SOMA can't.
>>342115208
Imagine having the worst kind of existential crisis someone could have, and you were 100% right. Imagine if the next time you blinked you were suddenly in a log cabin that was just a simulated log cabin and nothing else.
It's why he has to be eased into it. You can't just dump him out of his body into somewhere completely different. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it.
>>
>>342113168
You just sound like a pretentious twat when you say stuff like that.

but you'd probably need a doctorate to grasp such a concept anon
>>
>>342115578
>Imagine having the worst kind of existential crisis someone could have

bro those are so easy to deal with bro just smoke a bowl with a hottie and they're gone bro
>>
>>342115069
>Earth: defeated
More like you have a defeatist attitude. Simon is a brain damaged moron and he could get some shit done, put a non brain damaged scan in some robots.

Those stations had enough working parts for the Omni tool to still have access to its doors, and Simon could get around in all of them. Hardly falling apart if you can still interact with tons of shit, open doors and more. The real problem are the monsters the WAU created.

The equipment to transfer scans was there, the only problem was the battery and other materials. But you found all stuff required in ONE station, I have a hard time believing only there you could find materials for multiple corpse robots.

>Because this worked well the first time.
Exactly, you already decided and judged that nothing can be done, what's the point of discussing anyway. "Whatever, everyone dies"
>>
>>342115649
sounds like you're just trying to maintain a belief there are no intelligent/educated people on 4chan.
>>
>>342115730
But what if the bowl doesn't exist and the hottie isn't neither oh and guess what you're not even real yourself
>>
File: 1465573031361.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465573031361.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>342113014
>Never actually played through the Justine add-on entirely; got quite a distance through it but died and couldn't be bothered replaying.
>Watch a playthrough on Youtoob.
>Water section where you need to solve puzzles super fast.
>Chase scenes where the monster nips at your ankles the entire time.
>Feel my body warming up just watching it.
christ

Amnesia absolutely slays me. I'm not one to fall for that "spoopy" shit as I generally look at games from a technical viewpoint, but Amnesia just does it for me, man.
>>
>>342115578
alien isolation has a decent excuse. Cosmic rays in deep space will rape microprocessors. So a cheap way around that is to use large 80s computers.
>>
>>342115851
sounds like u just needs ta smoke more bro

What I'm implying is this type of existential crisis is the sort of thing that would only bother people of subaverage intelligence.
>>
File: Wenge.Kong.full.1708608.jpg (285 KB, 1000x610) Image search: [Google]
Wenge.Kong.full.1708608.jpg
285 KB, 1000x610
>>342115775
>More like you have a defeatist attitude.
I find it weird that the first thought from you getting out of the 100 year long trip from a chair in a shady office to an underwater facility in critical state is to create numerous zombie copies of yourself from to repopulate Earth with machines instead of getting the hell out of there.
>>
huh
>>
>>342115848
>What is /sci/

I do recall you were the one that said you were smarter than another anon, simply because you went to college. This implies that you think other anon didn't go to college, basically meaning you're contradicting yourself now.
Nowhere did I state that the majority of 4chan is stupid
>>
>>342116294
To go where?
>>
>>342116294
Because "getting the hell out of there" as in the Ark is just a retarded feel good trip that accomplishes nothing at all.
>>
>>342116294
>hey, wait a minute, where am I actually running to?
>oh right, since the ark is just going to be a computer on a satellite in a shitty orbit with no way for the occupants to repair or maintain it, that entire concept is an ultimately pointless delay of the inevitable.

>lets see if we can't get enough people resimulated in these snazzy robot bodies to do something useful.
>>
>>342116350
>what is /sci/
troll science and "do my homework for me!"
>>
>>342115552
>Upgraded
You get into a bigger shell than you were in before.
Congratulations on your promotion to Hermit Crab.
>>342115649
>This started because someone quite plainly didn't understand how DNA and cancer powered by 1s and 0s might be different
You guys need to join this argument, it's much worse.
>>342115775
>More like you have a defeatist attitude.
I can respect that you're the kind of guy who will go down swinging when a meteor the size of the Ecuador melts the entirety of Earth's surface, but you have to understand that the endgame is that it's the fucking end.
>Hardly falling apart if you can still interact with tons of shit, open doors and more.
The Titanic was pretty functional while it was sinking too but that doesn't really change very much does it.
When the main power station floods, that's it. The WAU can't unflood it, and now it's on a timer while it's fiddling with whatever scraps of organic matter it can find. The reason why monsters are there at all is because the programming was so simplistic it allowed for error and flukes, but that doesn't mean it's magically capable of fixing Upsilon.
>But you found all stuff required in ONE station
A medical station. It's a miracle the components where there in the first place.
And the stations behind you, which were collapsing, might not be there anymore. The stations ahead of you are a one way trip.
>"Whatever, everyone dies"
It's not pessimism if it's what actually happens.
Simon is not a miracle worker.
>>
>>342116485
Simon is naive for thinking otherwise, but he in desperate condition. He lost his body, he lost his home, his memories are not from him and the only conscious creature he find tells him to go find some mysterious ark that promises him salvation. He's a manager, not a fucking scientist or an engineer. It may be easy to create those, given the resources, but he's clearly not very keen on trying some unorthodox decisions about saving humanity. Hell, I doubt he even cares about humanity, he doesn't know shit about the world of 2100s, all he wants is to save himself, whatever the chances may be
>>
>>342116721
The thing is, even with leaks those robotic diving suits could get something done. I'm not saying they'll restore mankind cure cancer and make people live forever, it's a question mark.

However it is something more concrete than sending scans to a satellite... where they won't do shit... and maybe aliens will find them, if they even exist.
>>
>>342116721
The point you kinda missed about the "upgraded body" part is how, "first there was just one, now there is two!"

The game basically just proves, right there, making more sentient, useful robot bodies is really no big deal what so ever. But instead of running with that, the game just has you run away.
>>
>>342116517
>oh right, since the ark is just going to be a computer on a satellite in a shitty orbit with no way for the occupants to repair or maintain it, that entire concept is an ultimately pointless delay of the inevitable.
>lets see if we can't get enough people resimulated in these snazzy robot bodies to do something useful.
Voltaire please go.
>>
Why was the WAU trying to kill Simon again? Didn't they create him?
>>
>>342116517
Why do you bother living? You are only delaying the inevitable ;)
>>
>>342117395
As far as I remember the WAU didn't want to create Simon, it was all the deranged crazed abomination that tried to kill him or put him back into the network.
>>
>>342117395
The WAU doesn't want to kill you, it just created monstrosities while attempting to preserve mankind, which is its goal. The freaks it made just attack everything.
>>
>>342116517
If you think that in desperate situations most people take a stance instead of trying their best to self preserve themselves, then you've probably read too much comic books.
>>
>>342117063
>>342117487
There's a difference between existentialism and "we have a choice between doing something useful and something useless."
>>
>>342117928
>giving up a functionally immortal robot body for a satellite that'll be fried in the first solar flare it hits

The game gives you a number of options for self-preservation, but railroads you into the least useful, least viable one.
>>
>>342118010
WAU reanimated Simon. What do you propose? Simon magically replicates the system that gave him life and creates enough weapons to fight off the WAU's monsters while rebuilding from (almost) scratch?
>>
>>342118190
>functionally immortal robot body
>no means to repair yourself
>might not even have much in the way of power left
???
>>
>>342118347
Except for that whole bit of making another one, right?
>>
>>342117034
Have I been saying leaks?
I swear I've been saying floods.
I'm flabbergasted that you think a few simulated copies in deteriorated physical bodies at the bottom of the ocean with no real supplies or way to get and keep them, with improbable odds at improving the situation, is somehow better than living it out in a virtual reality that's at least dry and less corpsey, which also has improbable odds at improving the situation but hey, dry.
>>342117058
There were barely enough supplies for a second Simon. Travelling back for more supplies isn't an option with the degradation of the site going on and constant threat of water pressure and WAU monsters, but I keep saying that and you keeping denying it.
>>342117395
The WAU doesn't think.
It's programmed to sustain humanity.
With the situation as bad as it is, it had to get creative. It's not likely to have a great deal of control, what with the various creatures that show some reason and run amok, including Simon.
The other things are either psychotic or animalistic.
>>342118010
Well, not really, when you word it like that.
>>342118190
>functionally immortal robot body
You're a fucking selfie-stick in a corpse's neck.
Go ahead and deny that PATHOS is breaking down at the seams but holy shit, don't get THAT delusional.
>>
>>342113694
>"follow the lights" yeah ok
>wait im not moving but it keeps getting closer
>you start to see the shadow and the teeth
FUCK
>>
>>342118190
Yeah, some great options:
1) stay where you are, an empty underwater facility that's gradually going to ruins while abominations go around rampant trying to kill everyone
2) digitalize a copy of yourself and send it along many others safely into space
3) try to leave the underwater facility, assuming you manage to land back on earth feel free to enjoy the ashen landscapes and world on fire
>>
>>342118347
>reanimated Simon
How do you "reanimate" someone who died years ago by using a template. There's literally a fucking computer with Simon's scan in it that you can choose to delete
>>
>>342118519
Your idea of hope isn't replacing humanity with a race of brain damaged underwater zombie Canadians, is it?
Nationalism must be a hell of a drug.
>>
>>342118523
Leaks or floods, you do have the means to survive underwater, so the titanic comparison in other posts was just dumb. All the robots need is a way to get new batteries or recharge the batteries while inside the body, or 2 robots could maintain each other.
>>
>>342118190
Pretty sure intense geomagnetic storms fuck up satellites, not the flares themselves
>>
>>342117058
>But instead of running with that, the game just has you run away.
Its as if the door behind you is locked and theres a fucking monster behind it that will rip you to shreds if you open it
>>
>>342118663
Prototypes, anon. Simon was a pretty well functioning human so long as he had a purpose, if WAU had realized that he could've made an army of recreated humans to "rebuild the world".
A shitty fake solution is better than no solution.
>>
>>342118585
>>342118663
Well, I guess the developers were right in assuming most people who would play it would be morons, unable to think of any other solutions beyond what was rammed down their throat.
>>
>>342118737
Weren't the robots already latching and getting energy from those weird anemone-like things?
WAU seemed pretty self sufficient already
>>
>>342118921
>A shitty fake solution is better than no solution.
Said the charlatan.
>>
>>342117058
>>342118810
The thing is, creating new robots with scans and sending scans to the space can both be done. What happens in the end of Soma is that both Simon and Catherine give up, after sending the scans.
>>
>>342119078
>and sending scans to the space can both be done.
How? There are no vessels or stations or anything. Best they could do was send a chest-sized database.
>>
>>342119078
>creating new robots with scans
With what materials, and where?
>>
>>342118737
They're not robots. It's a computer chip in a rotting body. Deep-sea equipment needs regular maintenance and so does the human body, which is quite hard to accomplish, when it's dead.
>>
>>342111919
just curious: what 80ies game are you talking about?
>>
>>342119058
You're free to provide a better solution that isn't just waiting for eternity.
>>
>>342118737
>you do have the means to survive underwater, so the titanic comparison in other posts was just dumb.
>All the robots need
The available "batteries" are ones the robots need to hook into and stay hooked into.
That handicap alone makes this completely unfeasible as a solution, without even getting into water damage and how those batteries WILL run out and the power station needs to not be flooded to operate.
>>342118921
>if WAU had realized
It can't realise anything.
>>342118929
>The world ends tomorrow
>99.99% of humanity is dead
>Everything is on fire or underwater or being eaten by monsters powered by robotic cancer
>"ez game"
I can do this all day without resorting to calling you retarded.
But I'll do it anyway.
>>342119006
The second you pull in and out they die.
Unless Alpha is self-sufficient the WAU can't last longer than a couple decades at most.
>>342119078
They can't leave the Abyss, and there's no cyborg building supplies down there. After Omicron that plan becomes impossible, no way around it.
>>342119334
In what is effectively a paradise because it's virtual and can change at the whim of its users?
Yes, I'd rather be collecting barnacles in the dark, sounds terrible.
>>
>>342100494
It hurts for the truth is too real.
>>
>>342119298
they are robot eyes with a brain scan on top of a body
>>
>>342119334
Experimentation and iterative prototyping until the results are desirable, duh.

If you take a "fake" solution when you have all the time and resources in the world to find the best one, that's a cop-out of laziness.
>>
>>342119238
the bit where you create a second, upgraded version of yourself has you using a stabilized version of wau technology supporting a stable (if stupid) personality for the sake of creating a pretty useful robot capable of performing any task that could be performed by a human, and then some.

it seemed like the solution was to, at the absolute least, apply some wau-tech to the ark so it could repair/maintain itself.
>>
>>342119720
>apply some wau-tech to the ark
So there's this unstable AI that has produced, for the most part, nothing but horrible monstrosities and you want to slap some black goo on where you'll be living on for some time in the off chance it does something?
>>
File: 1438958794357.jpg (130 KB, 960x849) Image search: [Google]
1438958794357.jpg
130 KB, 960x849
>>342119672
>all the time and resources in the world
I guess this game is great at a meta level, because I had to get to the bottom of this abyssal thread to see that this was bait the whole time.
>>342119720
I certainly think the ARK plot would've benefited from at least one line about "it has onboard systems that allow for it to maintain itself", I'll admit.
But slapping the WAU itself on it wouldn't be the way to go.
>>
>>342119496
>>The world ends tomorrow
>>99.99% of humanity is dead
You, of course, forgot the part where

>you wake up in a robotic body that is arguably superior to your human body. You have all the remaining resources of humanity at your disposal in a very advanced undersea research installation that exists solely to keep humanity going
>There is also this sort of mad semi-AI running amok that you, through your own actions, prove can be put to functional and positive use

So logically all you can do is run away to some fantasy simulation satellite that'll run for, at max, a thousand years. During which nothing real can be accomplished because its all just a simulation.
>>
Seems like hell being inside the ARK though. You can't do anything, you can never leave the place, you can never make anything new, you can't do anything.
>>
>>342120241
nah breh, it'd be like minecraft, forever*!

*its not forever.
>>
>>342119949
>be walking talking thinking functioning proof the wau can do something useful if directed properly

>DESTROY IT DESTROY IT NOW HOLY SHIT ITS HORRIBLE
>>
I feel like they missed out by not having Simon #2 become an enemy.
>>
>>342120189
>You have all the remaining resources of humanity at your disposal in a very advanced undersea research installation that exists solely to keep humanity going
You mean a flooded wreckage whose door/systems you can't even use without someone like Catherine there to aid you.
On his own Simon can't even open a door.
>>
>>342120189
I would choose, naturally, the simulated perfect utopia over decaying underwater base from future full of mentally insane robots and zombies trying to kill you, especially if there's a slight chance of me getting actually transferred there. There's none, but I still have hope
>>
>>342120485
Screw that, it'd be awesome if it was the abandoned Simon #1 that became the villain.
>>
>>342120431
You're taking a sizable risk with unproven technology.
>>
>>342120189
You seem to forget that Simon was just your average dude from the '90's. He doesn't know shit about anything of this futuristic staff and neither has the means to interact with the systems.
>>
>>342120607
What? How would that work? He died of cancer 100 years ago.
>>
>>342120595
>perfect
and by that, of course, you mean completely unchanging, unchangeable, and subject to catastrophic failure at any time, right?
>>
>>342120753
I meant the first robot you impersonate and then dump to get into the advanced scuba gear
>>
>>342120719
I mean golly, if only there was someone who did know some shit about shit? Hell, more than one person?? Perhaps, even a whole fucking bunch of such people??? PRESERVED FOREVER IN DIGITAL FORM???????
>>
>>342120241
If I recall correctly, the people inside the ARK can alter reality in it while inside the program so it's not that bad.

I mean, it kind of sucks and feels hollow but at the same time it's better than nothing.

Actually, you could make a SOMA 2 where the horror happens inside the simulation. Plenty of easy ways for society in that ARK to go wrong.
>>
>>342120783
>completely unchanging, unchangeable
I don't see why you can't program it from the inside, we don't know the performance of the Ark to say it like that for certain

>subject to catastrophic failure at any time
Not any better than underwater base, that is half destroyed and with no connection to the surface that is also destroyed
>>
>>342120821
That's who I was talking about too.

Simon #1 - Present
Simon #2 - Future
Simon #3 - Abyss
Simon #4 - ARK
>>
>>342120926
>horror happens inside the simulation
Oh i'd play that
>>
>>342119672
Why can't they do both? It didn't work out great in the end with all of the suicides but I don't see the problem with letting basically one person work on a passion project.
>>
>>342121047
Any worse I mean
>>
>>342120189
>you wake up in a robotic body that is arguably superior to your human body.
Except it's a human body. A decomposing, headless human body. With a stick on it.
>You have all the remaining resources of humanity at your disposal
"All" being very little.
>advanced undersea research installation that exists solely to keep humanity going
By launching things into space.
But no, the Omega gun was more of a backup plan for the real underwater zombie plan.
>So logically all you can do is run away to some fantasy simulation satellite that'll run for, at max, a thousand years. During which nothing real can be accomplished because its all just a simulation.
Well tough fucking tits, because immortality isn't an option no matter how hard you want you think you can stop the forces of nature.
>>342120241
Did you do a lot of experimenting with the ARK at Theta?
Granted you can't leave, but since you have most of the people who made the simulation on board there's no limit to what you could achieve, virtually speaking.
>>342120431
>directed properly
It was already running amok when the guy who made it in the first place was directing it.
>>342120783
>subject to catastrophic failure at any time, right?
As opposed to the fucking underwater hell that is Earth, right
>>342120485
>He chases you around while shouting at you
>SHE'S LYING TO YOU, SIMON
>DON'T LET HER FOOL YOU, SIMON
>DON'T YOU FUCKING LEAVE ME HERE
>D-don't leave me alone... Please...
Woulda been awesome.
>>
>>342112887
>best ending of any game.

SH2 and MGS2 blow it away, as do other games. Its fantastic but play more games.
>>
>>342121075
They should've rather stored the ARK on the ocean floor somewhere, so in the event that they do solve it they can upload the minds from the ARK to bodies.
>>
>>342120612
The fact simon is walking around proves it can work. Hell, the asshole who wants you to destroy it is also proof it can work.

then there was that dream-state sequence when the wau got hold of you. Proving it's actually keeping people alive and putting them into some infant version of the matrix.

There's a pretty decent sized ocean of proof the wau works when stabilized and applied/instructed correctly.

On the other hand, it was incontrovertible fact the ark satellite would suffer catastrophic failure in a few centuries.
>>
>>342120889
Of which Simon would have no access?

Keep in mind that it was Catherine who did all the job all the time and only because she was living in an Omnitool made to connect with devices. Simon on his own couldn't even unlock a door.
>>
>>342121047
Consideirng how fucking stupid everyone you encounter is, you just know after about 10 years of arktime, someone would decide "NO, WE MUST REPORGRAM THE ARK TO SHUT DOWN NOW BECAUSE THIS IS HORRIBLE WAH WAH OMG HTIS IS SO BAD OMG MY EXISTENSIALS ARE IN CRISIS"
>>
While I did like this game, there were really only a couple of places I was really scared. When you first wake up in a abandoned undersea complex, wandering around with no idea of where you are or how you got there, I was pretty spooked. But once Catherine was introduced and she started to explain what was going on, things got much less scary.
>>
WAU was regardless the best option for survival, give him a few more years or a decades and i'm pretty sure he would've perfected things. Still a bunch of brain scans laying around, put them in robot bodies and you'd have a pretty good way of making things relatively ok
>>
>>342121381
>Simon on his own couldn't even unlock a door.

I just put that to stupid game-logic. As simon didn't need to eat, sleep, or drink in his new form. So there was nothing really stopping him from figuring shit out. And there were tons of really big bright and colorful pictures on how to do most things!

Of course he was retarded, so he probably would've ended up like the idiot on the train tracks.
>>
>>342121562
>that fucking underwater ship with glowy-eyes dude tracing you all the time
>that part where you have to run from the ship's engines to the bunker while that other abomination runs after you
>lock the door, turn, he's right a few inches away
>>
>>342121468
They went through Earth's destruction and invasion of half-machine human zombies, coin toss for most of them is an excuse to kill themselves rather than cult shit. There's no way out of this hell, but there an increasing amount of factors that want you dead. What I really don't understand is lack of any empathy on your part. You might be legit autistic. I really doubt any of the people here in the thread would become the new "adam" trying to restore humanity if suddenly everyone and nearly everything was wiped out, except for him.
>>
>>342121291
>ARK on the ocean floor somewhere,
It's solar powered.
You can't sustainably power it otherwise because Upsilon is ruined.
>>342121297
WAU has decades, WAU can't stay powered.
This thread is an exercise in insanity.
>>342121468
I can't possibly imagine how people uploaded into corpses to live at the bottom of the ocean forever while at the mercy of robot cancer would manage psychologically.
Oh wait.
>>342121562
Catherine certainly helps. You don't have that kind of relationship in the other games.
Except Black Plague, which has Amabel who has to compete with Clarence, who himself ruins the mood because he's ridiculous.
Until the end. For both of them.
>>
>>342107681
Weird how such a small meteor completely fucked earth or that non counter measures were done.

Also, why didn't they just go underground and chill for a bit.
>>
File: 1365086198457.jpg (7 KB, 197x184) Image search: [Google]
1365086198457.jpg
7 KB, 197x184
>>342121804

This part always legitimately scared me. I didn't spend too long figuring out the mechanic on this creature since I always booked it when I saw it. I still don't know what exactly you're supposed to do
>>
>>342122813
>why didn't they just go underground and chill for a bit.

Planet was glassed
>>
File: 4160.jpg (17 KB, 124x170) Image search: [Google]
4160.jpg
17 KB, 124x170
>>342100428
Soul-dubbing also also kills the Jenoman.
this game's plot and gameplay comes as no surprise to many, the acting being the only thing that saves it
>>
Why do they think that the entire Earth was destroyed and there were no humans left anywhere else?

If the impact wasn't bad enough to boil the oceans and destroy the facility then there's probably still life left on the surface.
>>
>>342124209
Everything is probably fine, WAU just lied to everyone to convince a brainscan meat puppet to fire a payload of its bullshit into orbit to later fall back down to earth and begin infecting everything else.

WAUPOCALYPSE Sequel survival game when.
>>
>>342123835
There is no mechanic to the chase sequence, you simply have to run.

He always sees you and you can't close the door on him either, he just phases through it.
>>
>>342109168
Actually, the headless corpse of a girl in a diving suit.
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.