[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a battle of ALL Metal Gears of the series, who would win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9
In a battle of ALL Metal Gears of the series, who would win?
>>
Shagohod
>>
Does Arsenal Gear count? Because if so, I would say Arsenal Gear.
>>
>>342096738
We all lose.
>>
>>342096738
REX proved itself superior time and time again.
>>
VOCAL
CORD
PARASITES
>>
REX is the best Metal Gear. So much money and resources was pooled into it, it's nigh-unstoppable, even against a "REX-killer" like RAY.
>>
Naked Jehuty, probably.
>>
File: Steel_wire_rope.png (2 MB, 1366x1708) Image search: [Google]
Steel_wire_rope.png
2 MB, 1366x1708
haha, I beat all your mechs
>>
>>342097056
>it's nigh-unstoppable, even against a "REX-killer" like RAY

That's not fair, REX was wearing plot armor when it took on RAY. And it was a draw.
>>
>>342096738
Easy REX
If you have to build a shit ton of other metal gears to kill them that means they're a threat
>>
File: maxresdefault (14).jpg (27 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (14).jpg
27 KB, 1280x720
>>342096927
ARSENAL GEAR IS JUST A GIANT COFFIN!
>>
File: metal-gear-rex.jpg (35 KB, 320x228) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-rex.jpg
35 KB, 320x228
Higher res

jk
>>
>>342096738
I thought Metal Gears were just designed to launch long range WMDs from any terrain, not direct combat.
>>
>>342096927

BTFO by a training battleship.

Best Metal Gear is Rex.
>>
>>342097317
It smashed Manhattan.
>>
either Metal Gear Sahalantropus, or that one from Metal Gear Rising.

i don't think Rex would even stand a single minute in a fight against on of the above.
>>
>>342097482

Have you played any of the games?
>>
>>342096738
ur mom
>>
File: image.jpg (501 KB, 1120x769) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
501 KB, 1120x769
I'm still not clear if portable ops is canon or not. If it is, would metal gear RAXA be the first one?
>>
>>342097493
Outer Haven was a different Gear.
>>
>>342096738
Metal gear. And by far.
>>
>>342097482
Metal Gears are supposed to be the link between infantry and artillery. Or some shit like that I forgot.
>>
>>342097224
>Penis laser
>>
>>342097601
Parts of it are.
>>
>>342097521
The only reason Sahelanthropus was made operational was because of the floating boy's powers.

Without him, its just a huge hunk of cool junk.
>>
File: BEHOLD SAHELANTHROPUS!.jpg (59 KB, 440x648) Image search: [Google]
BEHOLD SAHELANTHROPUS!.jpg
59 KB, 440x648
>>342096738
What was the point of having Sahelanthropus stand upright?
>>
>>342097601
Not actually bipedal, so not actually a Metal Gear. Metal Gear Zeke would be the first one, Peace Walker is a bipedal/Quadrupedal hybrid.
>>
>>342097872
dude
cripple
lmao
>>
It was obviously REX
>>
>>342097652
>The general definition of a Metal Gear prior to the collapse of the war economy is a mobile nuclear launch platform similar in purpose to ballistic missile submarines. However, its precise definition is debatable, as many other weapons have been designed to fill a similar role, or have used the same technology. The individual units have varied greatly in appearance and size, but their purpose has always been the same—to destabilize the global balance of power via the threat of covert long-range nuclear attack.
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_%28weapon%29

>During REX's development, the Metal Gear engineers became concerned of what would happen if REX, after it was completed and doing solo ops in the field, was detected by the enemy and forced to engage in close range combat against conventional forces. They then decided that they could make REX's hull a weapon in itself.
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_REX

it seems REX was the first with more sophisticated short range weapons for self defense. I honestly don't know what's going on after MGS1.
>>
>>342097870
Eli uses it in Kingdom of the Flies, which still is canon, as stated by the official timeline.
>>
>>342098126
Isn't psycho mantis there too anyway?
>>
>>342098198
he is, but sally is controlled without his powers. thats the whole point of that chapter.
>>
>>342096738

walker gear
>>
>>342097872
Better navigation in afghanistan.
>>
>>342097056
You know, this shit is pretty funny because it mirrors real life pretty fucking well. So many """""next gen""""" pieces of hardware developed by the Army, Navy, or Air Force over the years have been such shit compared to their predecessors over the years it's crazy.

But you know the military, they'll commit to something until it fucking works God damn it. They're already balls deep and there's no fucking pulling out! So I say MG Ray will be both service ready and superior to Rex by 2040 at the latest, guys.
>>
>>342098245
I'm not so sure about that, but I don't remember it much
>>
>>342098245
You're talking out of your ass. Not only is the only thing we know about that chapter not certain, considering it's not actually in the game, what we see doesn't even say any of that.
>>
>>342097652
So metal gears are just more expensive grenadiers/platoon mortars?
>>
>>342098348
Well
>RAYs encountered in Rising
>REXs encountered in Rising

Maybe REX is stronger, but RAY seems to be more useful, by being around longer and to be in use.
>>
>>342098318
What a stupid justification....
>>
>>342097514
Kek
>>
>>342098535
You kinda said ot yourself. There's ONE REX, there are hundreds of RAYs. No shit there are more in Rising
>>
>>342098593
It is not like a bypedal war machine carrying a icbm is the most clever idea...
>>
>>342098713
True. The more anyone thinks about it the more mgs story sounds retarded
>>
>>342098656
>There's ONE REX,
The whole point of RAY was to combat the multitude of bootleg REXs that were going around because of the leaked plans after MGS1. Only reason the original REX was better than RAY was because of the secret CQC code that Otacon implemented (which was likely not leaked), and the fact that Otacon overclocked REX with Mk3.
>>
>>342098656
Rays were built because of the proliferation of Metal Gears after Shadow Moses. The plans for REX got out and we're lead to believe everyone and their mother has one
>>
Raiden
>>
>>342098593
Its inspiration was explained by Kojima on a series of Twitter posts: specifically, he decided to base Sahelanthropus on the ancient hominid Sahelanthropus tchadensis, citing that it was connected to the Pangaea concept from MSF as well as the theory that humans were able to among other things develop language upon becoming upright, with Sahelanthropus paralleling this theory by him stating that for evolution to proceed forward to the new world, one needs to "stand up."
>>
>>342098535
Well yeah. And there were a shit ton of M16s in Vietnam. Like I said, our military fucking commits. Doesn't matter what state the shit is in. It's the reason half our fleet is still using state of the art computers from 1992.
>>
Excelsus and MGR Ray are both extremely powerful.
>>
>>342098803
>>342098815
I'm almost certain the plans leak and people start making RAYs just in case (or not just in case, because they were great), but the only REX was in Shadow Moses
>>
>>342097872

So it could take cover behind mountains and return fire.
>>
>>342098245
>but sally is controlled without his powers
Okay, but how? What's the explanation? Wasn't the point of Mantis controlling it in the first place because it was infeasible for it to run without supernatural bullshit?
>>
>>342099020
it got pimped by huey before eli and tretj hijacking it. do you guys even pay attention to the plot?

it also wears a shield during the third chapter.
>>
Probably Excelsior, since everything in MGR is amped up to 11.
>>
>>342098245
Zeke mode works fine with just a pilot. It is big guy with sword mode that requires a psyker.
>>
>>342099112
>Implying we remember every fucking detail 10 months later.
You must be one of those fags that take 5 months to complete a game
>>
I wanna say RAY but Snake managed to defeat Ocelot while piloting REX, that says more about Snake though I guess.
>>342097478
why would you hurt me like this
>>
>>342096738
Probably Ray since it was designed specifically for hunting and killing other metal gears.
>>
>>342099112
What? I remember Skullface demanding he pimp it out and him crying and saying he couldn't.

Sahel was always limp and useless without Mantis.
>>
>>342099189
well, i finished it three times, its an MGS game, man.
>>
Ray, if only because there's a shit tonne of them.
>>
>>342099112
>it got pimped by huey before eli and tretj hijacking it
Bullshit. Only fixed.
>>
>>342099397
I 100%ed it in 2-3 weeks and never touched it again.
>>
>>342098803

I honestly like how REX was in the same position as Snake in MGS4. Both were the results of incredibly expensive military projects, producing the most perfect military asset at the time, but now considered old and obsolete. Snake and Otacon showing just what the beaten-up REX could do against a cutting-edge RAY was inspiring.

>tfw it's probably still on Shadow Moses, a frozen and forgotten juggernaught
>>
File: Jetstream Samantha.png (164 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Jetstream Samantha.png
164 KB, 800x1000
>>342099164
THE UNENLIGHTENED MASSES
>>
File: Kofsahelanthropusart1.jpg (267 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kofsahelanthropusart1.jpg
267 KB, 1280x720
>>342099112
Well this is the only image I can find of it related to KotF, and Mantis is clearly still having to control it.
Dunno if I'm missing something, but still.

Also, I find it hard to believe that Sally could be fully operational without supernatural shit. It would completely undermine the development of all later Metal Gears.
>>
Sahelanthropus if it were functional
>>
>>342099379
>Probably Ray since it was designed specifically for hunting and killing other metal gears.
Of Rex (or possibly older) era.
I really doubt Ray could do much against Excellsus, considering that Raiden had difficulty with it whilst taking Ray apart in seconds.
>>
>>342099392

What about that cut bit of the game where Eli steals Sahelanthropus and basically takes over an island with his child soldier buddies and (supposedly) the outcome of the fight would be decided by how well you built your base.
>>
>>342099826
well, being in function means it is functional. saying it wouldn't work without Psychomantis would be like saying a Metal Gear wouldn't work without its engines.
>>
>>342100057
Eli steals it with his new buddy Mantis.
>>342099715
Pictured here.
>>
>>342099826
>>342100084
Which would win between Sahelanthropus and Excelsus?
>>
>>342096738
Be more specific. What's the battlefield/arena like, do any of the nuclear capable Metal Gears have nukes, etc?

>>342097056
RAY was made to kill all the shitty copy REXes made by 3rd world shitholes after buying the plans on the black market, not the actual REX which had serious time, money, and quality work put into it.
>>
>>342100195
whip sword that summons big pointy rocks will always win.
>>
>>342097482
They usually have some kind of up close defense weapons so someone with an old RPG-7 can't BTFO.
>>
Raiden destroyed RAY without any trouble,
had more trouble against EXCELSUS
>>
It depends on which one gets the first shot off with the rail gun. One shot and they're all toast.
>>
Desperado modified ray with the plasma cannon.

The most agile, with a very powerful weapon

Excelsus giant blades can cut any of the competition, but they are too slow to hit ray and Sahelanthropus
>>
Excelsius no doubt about it
>>
File: A weapon to surpass Top Gear.jpg (84 KB, 620x652) Image search: [Google]
A weapon to surpass Top Gear.jpg
84 KB, 620x652
>>342098535
RAY could also be cheaper and easier to produce since it doesn't carry nuclear weapons. Though I don't know why they couldn't just replace the nukes in REX with more conventional weapons and tone down the railgun since you have no reason to send a conventional bomb half way across the world.
>>
>>342096927
Arsenal gear didn't have weaponised capabilities beyond nukes.
It needed rays to keep it safe.

On paper? Ray
In game? Rex
In reality? Shagohod, simply by ramming into the others.

Rex's rail gun could be used against other metal gears when loaded with regular munitions meaning it'd destroy the fuck out of other metal gears.
>>
>>342100459
>Excelsus giant blades can cut any of the competition, but they are too slow to hit ray and Sahelanthropus
Why? It could theoretically hit Raiden, who outpaced Ray and theoretically should outpace Sahelanthropus whilst being a much smaller target than either.

I mean at the end of the day, Raiden is the strongest, but he isn't a Metal Gear.
>>
>>342099112
You're making shit up.

Huey just fixed it. Mantis was still needed to control it.
>>
>>342100641
Would Raiden be a Metal Gear if he was given a Davy Crockett?
>>
>>342100935
Remember the Alamo.
>>
>>342100935
The weapon to actually surpass Metal Gear
>>
>>342098496
No, they are designed to be mobile nuke launchers.

The specifics of the design are ust variations like REX being bipedal means it could traverse mountains and valleys. Sagohod's drill treads were designed to move the unit faster than a tank then the IRBM would have the added launch velocity of the shadohod before it fired it's own boosters. Ray was always designed to be Anti-metal gear, then mass produced and adopted to defend Arsenal.
Sahelanthropus on the other hand WAS a nuke. it's whole deal was the walk in, fuck shit up and if it looked like it was losing; self destruct.
>>
>>342100176

I know, but mantis doesn't pilot it, Eli does.
>>
>>342097872
Intimidation
>>
>>342101265
If Sagohod was made to go fast why does it have corkscrews? Wouldn't wheels be better for that?
>>
>>342101302
It looks like Mantis is still controlling it to some degree, even if Eli is in the cockpit. He's probably only keeping it upright whilst Eli is actually using the controls, but that would still mean it needs support. I don't see it suddenly being able to function without Mantis, when Huey said he couldn't make it work.
>>
>>342101302
That literally means nothing in the context of the discussion. Sahel is worthless without Mantis juice. Eli can't pilot it if Mantis isn't using his Rage Fuelâ„¢.
>>
>>342101463
Wheels would have trouble on anything that isn't tarmac.

It needed to go at 300mph
>>
>>342101750
They were planning on using runways and roads with mass produced sagohods. They weren't going to send it out to the mountains to do some off road nuke launching.
>>
>>342101861
No the whole point of it was to be able to launch a nuke from anywhere, not limited to a launch site. Otherwise what would be the point if you could only use it on a runway, you might as well have the first stage re added to the ICBM.
>>
>>342101861
Yeah, "planning" the original unit was all terrain with the nuke just mounted on it.

But the Russian army wanted a way to launch a nuke into the American homeland.
So they adapted it to go high speed with phase 2, changing the velocity of the launch and increasing the distance from 2500 to 6000

If that was the entire idea all along they could just make platforms that do the same thing.
It's not what shagohod was meant to do.

It's original design is shown in the virtuous mission when it's on top of that mountain.
That was phase 1 testing to show it worked.

Phase 2 was simply strapping rocket boosters to the back of the shagohod and accelerating it to 300mph.

>>342102012
It's kind of a both ways thing.
The shagohod on it's own COULD go all terrain and launch a nuke from anywhere.

But Phase 2 it had to be adapted to go fast and launch a nuke.

It's like putting rockets up REXs ass.
>>
>>342097872
Same reason it has a flamethrower penis.
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.