[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A literal meme game Reminder that this POS was rushed out because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: dead by daylight-min.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1050) Image search: [Google]
dead by daylight-min.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1050
A literal meme game

Reminder that this POS was rushed out because superior slasher sims were going to be announced at E3
>>
JUST
>>
It is a good and fun game for it's price, fuck off.
>>
>>342097008
>for it's price
>it's
>>
>>342096556
enjoyed the beta, Going to wait for friday the 13th though. Dunno what that fucking weird tree shit is about after you kill someone though
>>
There were slasher sims announced at e3?
>>
>disconnecting doesn't count as a loss
>disconnecting makes the other guys lose rank
>no comms
>no party system

literally broken and unplayable
>>
>>342097195
>>no party system
holy shit im glad i dodged this shit
>>
>>342096556
>Get to the end of a match
>Two survivors succeeded
>Instead of escaping, they teabag the exit
>I walk away to try and draw them out
>They're too scared
>They teabag for a whole 3 minutes
>alt+f4 to make them miss out on their bloodpoints
>Friend request recieved
>Denied
>>
>>342096556
Lot of wasted potential. Hope Friday the 13th or Last Year are better.
>>
>>342097261
Honestly though, no party system makes sense because a four-person coordinated team would have a massive advantage. It's also the reason why there's no voice chat in-game (though I do think they should add voice and simply make it hearable to the slasher if close enough.)

Nonetheless, in my opinion Dead By Daylight is incredibly shallow (at least in the recent beta) and is absolutely not worth $18. It's on the same level as Orion Prelude (an enjoyable multiplayer game that lacks depth/different modes) and should be selling for one dollar. Actually Orion Prelude is a lot better in my opinion but I used the comparison to show how content-shallow Dead By Daylight is.
>>
>>342097181

Have you seen the gameplay for Friday 13th? Looks shit imo. Jason shouldn't have mystic ghost teleporting powers.
>>
>>342097651
>Jason shouldn't have mystic ghost teleporting powers.

t. cuck who has never seen the movies
>>
>>342097974

t. Someone who doesn't know what a cuck is.

Bitch I marathon the movies every year with my mates (except Jason goes to hell and Jason X) and not once has he appeared in front of a camper lit up by a vans headlights in puff of ninja smoke to instakill them. The game has promise and I feel like the quick travel should be patched to be unusable when near a camper or in light but the gameplay they showed was poor and made me doubt how good the finished product will be.
>>
>>342097290
>one player tries to be cheeky and kite me around one of the pillars in the exit
>one shot him with perk and drag him to the hook
Teabagging and mocking the killer during the beta was riskless, but I'd rather not do it now.
>>
>>342096556
>superior slasher sims

Is there even any other than Friday the 13th : The Game?
>>
>>342097261
Party system would unbalance the game extremely, see Insidious perk as example.
>>
>>342096556
LOL. MEME. I SAID IT AGAIN.

Neck yourself cunt.
>>
>>342098104
>skipping Jason X

Fag.

The liquid nitrogen is one of the greatest kills in the series.
>>
File: Jason.jpg (356 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
Jason.jpg
356 KB, 1024x1448
>>342097974
>cuck

I'm now picturing Jason fucking that anon's girlfriend while he cries in the corner. Jason teleports into every single sex position, his decrepid erect penis flailing, and says "who told you I couldn't teleport? Get cucked scrub, and give Freddy back his fedora."
>>
>>342098297
Jason HAET sex
>>
>>342098297
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>342096556
>superior slasher sims were going to be announced at E3
OK name one that isn't Friday the 13th
>>
File: dealing_with_death_by_daylight.png (311 KB, 409x602) Image search: [Google]
dealing_with_death_by_daylight.png
311 KB, 409x602
>>342096556
>>342097396
you can't make me start to believe that Last Year is a good game
how can i be afraid of a killer called The Hitter
all the characters are trash
>>
File: 1445547481562.gif (190 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1445547481562.gif
190 KB, 300x300
>>342096556
Kek, if you're talking about le teleporting hockey mask game you are wrong.

Enjoy your *teleports behind you* game.
>>
>>342099092

Friday the 13th doesn't look that good anyway. Only one killer to chose from and gameplay seems heavily favored towards the killer. The only thing it has over DbD is brand recognition and I honestly don't think people care enough about 90's slasher flicks for that to be a selling point.
>>
>>342097974

Difference in the movies is that Jason isn't explicitly seen teleprting, he just appears around corners or from the shadows.

In the game you can literally just appear 5 ft in front of someone in a puff of smoke. It looks ridiculous.
>>
>>342097195
>disconnecting makes the other guys lose rank
patched
>no comms
>no party system
I want to say intentional, but they're adding parties which will completely rape the balance and make killer full kills impossible
>>
>>342099752
Enjoy your novelty "Characters Run Around the Woods" simulator
>>
>>342100623

The no comms is intentional because a team of 4 being able to converse with each other to overcome one player is unfair. Unless they implement some way that the killer can listen to their conversation by being quiet and standing still or something I don't see it being implemented.
>>
>>342100694

It's the same fucking game Anon. What they should have done was called Friday the 13th something like "Slasher Night" and made you capable of playing as Jason, Freddy, Chucky, Leatherface. One killer means the game mechanics are gonna get stale and boring after the first match.
>>
>>342096556
Game has promise but I feel it needs some new game modes to shake it up. Running around fixing generators and then trying to escape can get rather dull especially as the maps are so small and limited.

A game mode that allows only one survivor to survive, forcing them to dick over each other, but at the same time making it necessary to work together as long as possible could be fun.
>>
>>342097078
>I don't know grammar
>>
>>342096556
what slasher sims?
>>
>>342100739
Yeah, but 90% of the time parties will be talking over teamspeak or discord or skype or whatever.
>>
>>342100876

That would have been fairly interesting. A shame it didn't ship with anything else, the game is going to be long dead well before anything new is added.
>>
>>342100937

As anon said adding Parties will break the systems balance. Maybe there will be a feature where you can only party if you can fill the roster or something. Would be stupid to have premade survivors go against a single random killer.
>>
>>342100836
>One killer means the game mechanics are gonna get stale and boring after the first match.

Have you literally never seen the Friday the 13th movies?

I'm talking to a Dead by Daylight fan, of course you haven't

Jason used more than just that shitty machete DBD has and early footage has shown him using his hands and other instruments - just like the movies
>>
File: DbD.png (102 KB, 750x204) Image search: [Google]
DbD.png
102 KB, 750x204
>>342096556
Doesn't seem like a meme game with all the current players, just seems like a successful one
>>
>>342101140
Evolve had a lot of players at launch too

But keep meming
>>
>It's an "Camping Killer" episode
:^)

How do you like them leaves? It's not like you'll get enough bloodpoints for a pip by camping anyway.
>>
>>342101185
>being poor
>>
>>342101062

Wow holy fuck. First of all I'm the same anon here >>342098104

Second I haven't played either, just seen gameplay footage for both. While F13 hasn't shown a lot we can assume a few things. We play as Jason or one of three - four survivors. Our main weapon is the Machete but chances are we will be able to use the environment to perform kills. The campers survival, while put at risk by the sounds the make, is ultimately doomed due to Jason's new found Teleportation Jutsu.

DbD on the other hand offers a number of killers that each have their own perks and abilities as well as being able to use the environment to set up traps for the survivors.

Both look like they can be great games but F13 has a few problems to fix before I will consider buying it.
>>
File: dead by gaylight.jpg (31 KB, 675x203) Image search: [Google]
dead by gaylight.jpg
31 KB, 675x203
>>342101406
DbD is shit
>>
File: 1400744799251s.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1400744799251s.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>342096556

>literal

Couldn't even go two words without "meme'ing" yourself, fuck face.
>>
The game's really interesting for me, but rank system is grindy as fuck.
You must achieve 10000 points to get one pilp, and if you won't then you will lose one pilp.
Granted, I don't think rank matters all that much aside from prestige and som bloody clothes.
>>
>>342100892
Looks like you don't know grammar.

Its price is correct. It is price isn't.
>>
>>342101053
There's already a mode for this - Kill you friends.
>>
>>342101772
>10k
It's 12k
>>
>>342100362
Faggot, Jason is a warlock. Why do you think he is immortal?
>>
I had a lot of fun with the beta, then I datamined the game to see perks.

They turn what is already an easy game into a complete cakewalk, on both sides. Such a shame.
>>
>>342101772
Yes, they made progression slower. All things on the bloodweb also cost more than in the beta.
Bloodrank is unnecessary, because matchmaking is shit and easily joins your 20th killer with 5-6th survivors.
>>
High-level perks are completely broken. Jake can break hooks without toolbox, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>342102113
Don't forget that with one, he can do it in the blink of an eye.
>>
>tfw no The Hidden: Source remake

GOAT asymmetrical horror game
>>
>>342097195
Don't forget:
>It's super easy to cheat at this game since it's basically just changing a few text files in the game folder to give you a shit ton of cash and bring you to max level
>It's so easy everyone is doing it, so unless you cheat too you're going to get gunned down every time
>Game has a rank system that's based on how many points you get in a match
>You can lose a rank if you're too awesome and win too quickly, since it means you didn't do enough actions to generate points
>This leads to people stalling games for ages just to farm points
>Game is unbalanced and people will instantly disconnect if they see certain characters or certain items
>Players also disconnect if they start losing, even if they weren't put at that much of a disadvantage

It's one of those games where it's fun with friends but shit if you play with randoms. Don't do it man, it's not worth it.
>>
File: 1429144327443-1.gif (514 KB, 221x231) Image search: [Google]
1429144327443-1.gif
514 KB, 221x231
>>342102113
>tfw when i had to try killing a fucker with meg's sprint boost, jake's sabotage and claudette's self heal all on the one fucking dwight who used the dwightstache
FUG THIS
>>
>We implemented anti-cheat and it really works, we swear!
>Fucking TWO cheaters with 4 ultra rare perks and 50th level in one game
>FUCKING ENDORSED GUIDE WITH CHEATED SAVEGAMES IN THE MAIN GAMEHUB
Also, it's kinda funny when these cheaters end first on the hook with petty 500-600 points.
>>
>>342097194

Just one, Friday the 13th.
>>
>>342101140
Those numbers aren't that impressive
>>
>>342098104
>Someone who doesn't know what a cuck is.
This is exactly how children behave when they learn the meaning of words like 'fuck' and 'faggot'.
>>
File: youwerewarned.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
youwerewarned.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
>>342102394
>>
>>342101614
>opinion
Sadly, no once cares about you. Go away please.
>>
>>342102394
>Never learn how to play the game since they keep getting destroyed by people with perks and equipment better than theirs since they cheated
>Cheat to get a level playing field
>Get destroyed anyway since you never learnt how to play as you were too busy being bullied
>>
>>342102113
>tfw killer
>all the hooks are broken
>I just leave everyone bleeding out on the ground

>rank down
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.