[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg (4 MB, 5472x2840) Image search: [Google]
SNES-Mod1-Console-Set.jpg
4 MB, 5472x2840
What went so right?
>>
>>342069269
Sin of Mana.
You should look it up.
>>
>>342069269
They had no real competition. PlayStation was not around to spank them yet
>>
Crafted from refined Nintendium in different stages of its natural life cycle to create an amalgam of durability and chic style.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (102 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
102 KB, 1000x750
>>342069269
>ugly ass American art direction
>good games tho
>>
>>342070308
The SuFaCom was a disgracefully ugly hunk of plastic. SNES brought Nintendo forward.
>>
File: 1339055504744.jpg (40 KB, 192x220) Image search: [Google]
1339055504744.jpg
40 KB, 192x220
The same thing that always goes right;
Comparable hardware to the competition, with greater third party support.

It's a simple formula for success but people earning thousands of times my income still fail to grasp it:
JUST DON'T FUCK OVER THIRD PARTIES WITH DUMBSHIT PERIPHERALS, WEAK HARDWARE OR DRACONIAN LICENSING POLICIES
>>
>>342070308
On second thought, the designs of the packages looked like they were going for a "mature slightly edgy futuristic look" to appeal to 90s American kids and adults.
Same with the NES game boxes.
They managed to sell admittedly kiddy-seeming games and brands (Super Mario World, Duck Hunt, etc.) to consumers.

This is in contrast to the white "fun, kid friendly, family friendly" Nintendo packaging look of today.

How do you feel about that, anons?
>>
>>342070780
NES had draconian licensing policies and they did crazy numbers.
>>
>>342070916
Yeah but at that stage there was no competition.
The N64 had draconian licensing, and look where all the devs went: PS1.

Cartridges were a factor there too, but I digress.
>>
>>342070837
I disliked those edgy/mature Americanized art on the covers back when I was renting games as a kid, but now I realize that made me miss out on many great games.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.