[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people still really think that what nintendo needs is Third
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: nx.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
nx.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
Do people still really think that what nintendo needs is Third party titles to compete with the other systems? Did TLoZBotW really not shine any lights on what nintendo REALLY needs?

1s party titles have always been nintendos top strenght, and people buy these first party titles regardless of the systems hardware. no one gives a flying fuck if batman arkham knight will be on NX because no gave a flying fuck that arkham city was on Wii U at launch.

so why the hell do people still think the NX will fail if they dont have third party titles and generational hardware?
>>
>>342059351
How many people are going to shell out $300 just to play Nintendo games? How many first party shit do they release yearly? 2-3 titles?
>>
>>342059486

you severly unerestimate nintendo fans man. remember when Windwaker HD came out? that was a HD remake of a GC game, yet it boosted the living fuck out of Wii U sales... people spent $300-$400 for a damn remake of a GC game, you really think they wont spend $300-$400 for a brand new zelda game? surely you jest.
>>
Because Nintendo is trying to abandon their "blue ocean"and compete directly with Sony and Microsoft.
In my opinion Nintendo doesn't need it. They have strong third parties and the most ferociously loyal fanbase of all the videogame companies; they should focus on their strengths instead of searching for something they didn't lost.
>>
>>342059776

well you seen what breath of the wild did at E3. its something even nintendo, nor me, expected. that ONE game savagely beat the fuck out of sony and microsoft. like it won E3 not by 1 mile, but several miles...

even me as a long time zelda fan did not see that coming. people need to stop underestimating what their first party titles can do.
>>
>>342059351
Nintendo have always made good secondary consoles which you buy to compliment your main console. It's the only way they make sense since having just a Nintendo system means you'll miss out on most multiplats, which let's face it, make up the biggest chunk of software for each machine.
>>
>>342059351
Nobody believes it's detrement to competing is 3rd party titles, retard. It's specs are what make it able to compete. It needs 3rd party titles to flourish in the first place, aka actually having a userbase from these games, to compete in the first place.
>>
>>342059486
Basically this >>342059750

And if nintendo is really going back to its roots with other games like what Zelda is starting to do, people will line up even more. They left in the first place because of regression of their old style. They'll return if Nintendo starts making games that can appeal to more than just dumb children who need 2 hour tutorials just to play a game.
>>
Look consumers eat up the cincematic games that third parties make. So yes they need them to appeal to the teen demographic.
>>
>>342059351
Yes and no.

They need some or at least a few 2nd party to have enough games to justify the cost to people that aren't so die hard on getting a Zelda to buy a console just for that. WiiU is a good example there, it has enough quality unique games to warrant its price tag.

Being too like other consoles would be very bad though. Other consoles are in a rush to be content locked Steam machines, which is bringing them closer to being pointless.

I mean Sony can hold on awhile since they do own a few deals to keep it together. MS on other hand I could see porting everything to W10 to push their stupid OS if people stopped buying their console.

Worthy of note I think the WiiU ironically had the best looking games too since it worked within its limitations.
>>
I agree. All Nintendo needs is their first party games, and they can continue having successful systems like the Wii u.
>>
This thread reminds me of one of those posts people used to make a few years ago saying how successful the Wii U would be despite not having any third party support. Might screencap some of these and use them 5 years from now when the NX fails massively.
>>
>>342059351
ayy look at this nintoddler

3DS is successful because of shit loads of 3rd party support.
Wii U is kill.
>>
>>342060118

imagine the shitstorm that will ensue when they FINALLY make a OPEN WORLD pokemon game on a console like NX. its literally going to change the world. nintendo needs to know that they have this kind of power and they need to stop being so pussy and ifnally unlease the potential that these first party games have. pokemon in particular is too limited on portables like 3DS. as a matter of fact, portables are so obsolete right now that the only reason people get them is because core pokemon games are exclusive on them. they need to stop that imo.
>>
>>342059351
The majority of people that play video games don't care about exclusives. They may sway which console they buy, but ultimately they're going to use it primarily for multiplats. Which Nintendo doesn't have.

1st party titles are practically the ONLY thing Nintendo has going for them and that's not enough to save them.

Nintendo has for a long time now been relegated to the +1 system. Worthless to have as a lone system and only worth it with something else, which most people don't give a damn about.
>>
File: 1463723128523.jpg (9 KB, 222x200) Image search: [Google]
1463723128523.jpg
9 KB, 222x200
>>342059351
>no one gives a flying fuck if batman arkham knight will be on NX because no gave a flying fuck that arkham city was on Wii U at launch.
They did, until they realized it ran worse than the PS3/360 version.

>so why the hell do people still think the NX will fail if they dont have third party titles and generational hardware?

Because the consumers win in this case, and get more games to play instead of being forced to buy a PS4/XB1/PC to play them.

This is just as dumb as neofaggers who were saying the Vita didn't need games because remote play was enough.
>>
What to know how important third party support is? The vita outsold the will u, and it has survived solely on 3rd part support, Sony hasn't made a game for it since launch. And Nintendo is one of the best 1st party game devs in the industry.
>>
>>342060327

the wii U had a shit ton of 3rd party titles but zero 1st party titles. thats why it failed bro. I cant beleive people are still saying the reason wii u failed is because of the lack of 3rd party titles. its the complete opposite.
>>
>>342059351
>so why the hell do people still the NX will fail
It depends on your [or I guess Nintendo's] definition of failure. Is it install base? Software sold? Overall profit?

Lots of digital ink being spilled over some faggot ass console nobody knows anything about.
>>
>>342060327
>5 years from now when the NX fails massively.
You won't need to wait that long for it to fail anon.
>>
>>342060580

Then how do you explain BoTW beating out sony, microsoft, and EAs games? 1 game beat out ALL of those games. you are pretty delusional if you think that 1st party titles are not enough for nintendo when 1 game bitched the fuck out hundreds of other games.
>>
>>342060118
This. Myamoto has even stated in an interview during this E3 that he plans to reinvent Mario the same way Aonuma is reinventing Zelda, so who knows what's to come.
>>
>>342060375
why are most of the 3DS' top selling games first-party games?

still, the 3DS has a nice mix of solid first party games and third party support. it's partly why i like the system so much
>>
NX is gonna be waggle 2.0.
>>
>>342060327
>"The WiiU will force Microsoft and Sony to abandon the videogame industry"

I still can't believe someone dared to type that.
>>
>>342060978
open world ubisoft game with a mario skin to match open world ubisoft game with a zelda skin
>>
>>342060959
"beat out" ? Is your logic being that because a single game looks promising, that Nintendo are somehow saved and consumers will be completely fine buying a console for that alone?

It's obvious you're a Nintendrone and can't grasp the concept of the average gaming consumer not being interested in Nintendo, but outside of /v/, that really is the case.

You think many people bought the PS4 for Bloodborne? People on /v/ might have, but the majority of people? Not a chance, it's for the multiplats. That's why the PS4 is successful and the Nintendo consoles aren't.

The only exception being the Wii, which appealed to a casual audience that has since moved on to mobile gaming and aren't the kind of people to care about consoles in general.
>>
>>342060503
I think an Open world Pokemon game would be more difficult to release for Game Freak/Pokemon Company than Nintendos end.
I feel at this point they are too afraid to lose their fan base to make a main game not follow the specific Pokemon formula.
>>
>>342059351
Well, having more variety on the console helps its lifespan doesn't it?
>>
>>342060959
That's a matter if opinion, anon. The new Zelda looked good but it didn't blow me away. Not to mention there's no release date for it yet, so you're not getting it any time soon. Meanwhile the Xbone and PS4 have a bunch of games with solid release dates coming out this year.

I'm more hyped right now for Gears 4 and Horizon 3, since they're much closer to us actually being able to play them. Then we have Dead Rising 4, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, We Happy Few, and a bunch of other games releasing this year.
>>
>>342060985
The Wii U's top selling games are also Nintendo games. See your stupidity yet?

>still, the 3DS has a nice mix of solid first party games and third party support.

And that's why it succeeds while Wii U is shit.
>>
>>342061292
Didn't Bloodborne sell like 2.5 million copies?
That's a pretty low percentage given how the PS4 reached 40 million units sold.
Breath of the Wind isn't going to be any different: popular between Nintendo die-hard fans, not enough to make people willing to buy a NX.
>>
>>342059351

Tell me how Nintendo can support a handheld and a console by themselves.
>>
How to make sure the NX has a chance:

>capable hardware
>no gimmicks
>3rd party support
>online capabilities to rival Sony and MS
>1st party games people actually want (new Metroid, new 3D Mario, console based Pokemon game finally, decent Kirby game etc..)
>>
>>342059351
They need EXCLUSIVE 3rd party support similar to how the RE chronicles worked and Tekken tag 2 with special modes.
>>
>>342061590
>The Wii U's top selling games are also Nintendo games. See your stupidity yet?

not really. it just proves that nintendo games can sell, whether or not there's third party support.
>>
>>342061696
Exactly.
People don't care about exclusives enough to buy a console because of them alone. Most people just want something to play multiplats on.
>>
>>342061940
I'm sure they're replacing the Wii U after 4 years(with it getting a game once every 3 months) because they are happy with the numbers.
>>
>>342059986
This

Even though all they fucking did was put shit in that any competant company would have put in 15 years ago, like voice acting

Still credit where credit is do. I am still convinces the NX will fail, horribly but for Breath of the Wild I will happily fall for the NX meme
>>
>>342060327
Nintendrones gonna nintendrone anon
>>
>>342061752
>Capable hardware

It'll likely be on a similar level to the PS4 and Xbone, maybe slightly weaker. The Neo and Scorpio are gonna make it look babby tier though, especially the Scorpio. It has dated hardware before it's even been released, which is not a good sign.
>>
File: e3.jpg (96 KB, 560x744) Image search: [Google]
e3.jpg
96 KB, 560x744
>>342061292

ill just leave this here for the retards and non believers such as yourself.
>>
>>342062273
>It has dated hardware before it's even been released

it's funny how this happened for the Wii U and it'll happen again for the NX
>>
>>342062273
Yeah, releasing a console as powerful as those that are just becoming obsolete isn't going to convince many people. Isn't the Wii U like PS3/360 tier tech? Something around there, anyway.
I don't know if it's because Nintendo aren't capable of making hardware as well as giants like Sony or MS that have hands and experience in many areas or they're just not prepared to sell their consoles at a profit loss, but they need to do something. And I just hope it's not another gimmick. And then those stupid touch screen controller hybrids turn out to be true... what a nightmare that'll be.
>>
>>342059351
So just like Wii U?
>>
>>342059750
Nintendo fans keep dwindling every year.

It's why Wii U was a bust.

Second and Third party is what sells consoles nowadays.
>>
>>342062536
Nintendo fans are just excited of having a new game after a long, long time. That's it.
>>
>>342059486
Nintendo games sell consoles. It's always been like that.
>>
>>342062536
>for the retards and non believers such as yourself.
Why? Because I'm not enough of a fanboy to think a console will be successful because of ONE game?

This is why you're a drone. You're completely incapable of seeing logical criticism towards Nintendo and instead insist that "WE'RE DA BEST CUS LOOK AT DIS GAME WE HAVE"

If you think this Zelda will save the NX alone, you're the only retard here m8.
>>
>>342062797
>Nintendo fans keep dwindling every year
Not really. They seem to be even growing.
>>
>>342062081
game companies typically replace bad-selling hardware with newer software, with the hopes that the new software will outperform, yes.

besides, the N64 was replaced after 5 years. same with the GC.
>>
>>342062936
not him but I'm interested about this if you have any solid data
>>
>>342062995
Not him, but evidence would suggest the contrary.
Does anybody have that chart showing the decline in Nintendo sales since the NES with the only one breaking the declining trend being the Wii? Which only sold because of its appeal to the casual market.
>>
>>342062895

what do you mean "save the NX"? nothing needs saving if zelda is a launch title. do you still not understand the reason Wii U failed?

let me ask you this child, if smash bros ALONE was a launch title for wii u, do you think it still would have failed? what if they had Wind Wake HD as a launch title aswell? with smash and WW HD as launch titles, do you SERIOUSLY think the wii U would have failed? do you believe this to be true in your heart of hearts?
>>
>>342062959
It's not the same. The GC and the 64 were replaced at the end of their respective gens. Meanwhile the WiiU was removed nearly at the beginning of the current gen.
>>
>>342062536
This is honestly as bad as sonycucks posting sales figures. It's one game, anon. A game which still has no release date and probably won't launch for at least another year. Right now, in 2016, BotW is COMPLETELY irrelvent. I'm not gonna sit here twiddling my thumbs hyping myself up for the new Zelda when there's a bunch of other games which I'm just as excited for and are way closer to release.

You're acting like Zelda is the only videogame in existence right now. Like it's some kind of Holy Grail which we all need to worship and praise or something.
>>
>>342059486
Core fans will do it, because they know that Nintendo games provide a unique experience that other console exclusives can't. Uncharted or whatever is cool, but it's not like a new Mario or Zelda and everyone knows that. The problem with the Wii U, as far as core userbase goes, is they failed to double down on core titles. Mario was half assed, kirby was half assed, star fox was half assed, etc. And there was no Zelda, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, metroid.

As far as widespread commercial success goes, they just need to convince the general public that their system provides an experience they can't get without purchasing it, not from other consoles, or PCs, or phones/tablets, or anything else. They accomplished that with the Wii, but failed to do so with the Wii U.

The challenge with the NX is that they've tried to sell two consoles in a row on the strength of control gimmicks alone, and other consoles have included control gimmicks over the years, like Playstation move or Kinect or VR. When the Wii came out, control gimmicks were a fresh idea, not so much anymore. I feel like nintendo is just gonna double down with control gimmicks on the NX and come up with the gimmickiest gimmick ever and then scratch their heads wondering what happened when it fails to recapture the core or casual market.

For the NX to be successful it needs Nintendo to focus on making high quality 1st party titles, like with the Wii, and also include some sort of selling point/gimmick completely unrelated to controls or anything we've seen before. That's how the Wii was so successful, and that's why the Wii U wasn't, it had half-assed 1st party titles and a half-assed selling point.
>>
>>342062895
The NX doesn't need saving, it's not even out yet. And telling from how many rumors and "leaks" are going around, many many people are excited for the NX, and BotW helped it immensely.
The NX was also pushed back so it would have a catalog of games at launch.
>>
>>342059351
It needs NOT ONLY good 3rd party titles, it needs proper marketing, proper standard controllers with absolutely no gimmick FORCED, (on the side is fine, but no motion control), and needs to not be weak.

It cannot be weak, I cannot stress that enough. It's not even for the shit like Witcher, COD or battlefield which Nintendo fans wont care about but its to make them relevant to companies who want to make multiplatform titles. Nintendo cannot play the special fart of sunshine card, they don't have that position to play in the industry anymore as the Wii and its legacy is gone and dead. I cant say this enough, no one will buy your shit if its underpowered, END OF STORY.

The fans also need to stop defending them like they can do no wrong, because its killing them and how tehy approach things.

tl;dr version. They need to ditch casuals, make hardware that matters again, get 3rd parties that Nintendo fans will care about (megamans, castlevanias, resident evils, soul caliburs, street fighters, etc.) and push hard with the marketing and PROPER PR. Then when you have an actual install base you can get the other shit that normies care about to be a dominating force in the industry. Nintendo HAS TO COMPETE, they CANNOT AVOID CONFLICT ANYMORE LIKE A SCARED KID ON A PLAYGROUND.
>>
File: bemused baby.png (223 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
bemused baby.png
223 KB, 360x360
>>342063328
>3+ into current gen
>"near the beginning of the current gen"
>>
>>342063340
>a game with no release date

but NONE of the games on that list are released yet anon... you cant say its irrelevant just because it hasnt been released when without calling the rest of those games irrelevant for the exact same reason.
>>
>>342063568
We don't know how much this console gen is going to last. The last one lasted seven years and this particular one is taking a hardware-scaling approach.
Still, not good for Nintendo.
>>
>>342063580
But many of those games do have solid 2016 release dates. BotW currently has no release date at all, and we can only assume it will release as an NX launch title, which is also!most certainly 12 months away possibly longer.

Is there nothing else releasing this year or even early next year which you're not even a little bit excited for? Do you even like videogames?
>>
>>342061292
He meant that Nintendo won E3 retard, not that they're "saved" market wise.

Are all sonyygers as dense as you?
>>
>>342063319
Again, you're completely incapable of viewing objective facts. Many of which are presented to you in this thread:

Nintendo games aren't enough to sell Nintendo consoles to the general public.

You can be an idiot and ignore this if you want and you no doubt will, but it's the truth. Exclusives don't sell consoles. They encourage the choice of one console over the other, but they're only an added incentive WITH MULTIPLATS. Look at any of the most bought games and you'll see CoD, Fifa, Battlefield etc... all sell the most because that's what the general public wants.
So yes, the NX will fail if it continues the Nintendo trend of shit 3rd party support. Because only die hard Nintendrones like youreself will buy it, regardless of whether it's actually a worthy purchase. Using a single game and the hopes of only more Nintendo games as a reason.
>>
>>342063580
He said it has no release date, not that it hasn't been released. Those other games actually have a set time when they're coming out, Zelda doesn't
>>
>>342063340
Your logic doesnt make sense.

Despite BoTW not having a hard set release date it still beat out the other games that do have hard set release dates and games that are coming out within the year.

How the living FUCK can you call that "irrelevant"? Are you retarded? the fact is that we dont even know if this game is going to be delayed AGAIN, yet it still beat out HUNDREDS of the other games at E3. even if we dont know the exact release date we DO know EXACTLY what we are getting, which is STILL less than 2% of the god damn game.

You are fucking delusional as all fuck if you think that is "irrelevant"
>>
File: 1439559419536.jpg (11 KB, 337x378) Image search: [Google]
1439559419536.jpg
11 KB, 337x378
>>342059351
Nobody asked this yet so I will have to do it:

Why does the console itself has a d-pad and buttons on it?

WHY?????

WHY ARE FAKES SO DUMB EVERY SINGLE TIME JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>342063568
Xbox and PS4 haven't been out for even three years. Wii U, sure
>>
>>342063848
The argument is "do people still think nintendo needs third party titles"
Using a single game and saying "It won E3, totes guise!" is a retarded argument that it doesn't. The whole point of this thread and that argument is Nintendo's place in the market, you idiot. Though completely falling back to "muh sonygger" defence when I've done nothing to imply that shows your mindset.

Just keep circlejerking Zelda and telling yourselves that Nintendo is the best. That's all you guys really want, along with playing the victim whenever possible.
>>
>>342063796

im very excited for RE and pokemon, infact personally im a bit more excited for RE than i am for zelda, but it doesnt change the hard fact that zelda beat them both
>>
I have been following Nintendo since 1889 (yes I'm that old).

Ask me anything about their strategy and philosophy.
>>
File: NintendoNexus.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NintendoNexus.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
>>342063396
>And telling from how many rumors and "leaks" are going around, many many people are excited for the NX
There are always tons of rumors and "leaks" for every Nintendo console. Remember how the Wii U was supposedly going to use a POWER7-based CPU? Remember all the hardware speculation going on around the Nintendo Revolution [pic related]?

99% of everything swirling around the NX is made up nonsense.
>>
File: 1437084063123.jpg (31 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1437084063123.jpg
31 KB, 500x375
Mark my words they will put some weird ass gimmick on the NX that 3rd party devs wont bother with.
>>
>>342059351
1st party isn't Nintendo's number 1 strength. Hence why snes was amazing and they turned to shit when no 3rd party
>>
>>342064310
Weird ass touch pad screen controllers with buttons on it that offer no feedback?
>>
>>342064246
How did you feel when they got into the video game industry
>>
Third parties don't come to Nintendo precisely because their games compete poorly with Nintendo's first party titles.
>>
>>342064208
So, that means we're 3+ years into 8th gen. Wii U started it in 2012 when it released, we're nearing the end of 2016. That's four years.
>>
>>342059351
>Do people still really think that what nintendo needs is Third party titles to compete with the other systems?
Yes, having 2 or 3 games doesn't justify buying a console. People won't touch the thing if they can't get their maddens and cowadoodys on it. You need all of the audiences, not just the core fanboy audience, you donut.
>>
>>342063864

you yourself are ignore facts retard. here, let me present one to you that is in this very thread.

>>342059750
>>342059750
>>342059750

this is a fact. that ONE game, which was a fucking remake of a GC game, boosted Wii U sales by a fuck ton. in ONE MONTH the Wii U got more sales from that fucking game then they did since its fucking launch. one month, one game, and the sales from that beat out 2 years worth of initial wii U sales.

you are severely retarded and need to go check your facts.
>>
>>342064045
Beat in what way
>>
>>342061752
>decent Kirby game

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>342064491
This, all 3rd-parties want to make are AAA blockbusters and they sell like shit on Nintendo platforms.

It's demographics, not hardware, anyone that thinks differently is functionally retarded.
>>
File: RIP lyl.jpg (25 KB, 292x245) Image search: [Google]
RIP lyl.jpg
25 KB, 292x245
>>342064513
>Wii U
>8th gen
Lose Your Life
>>
>>342064514
>People won't touch the thing if they can't get their maddens and cowadoodys on it
But Wii and Wii U had all that and more and no one fucking bought it. Demographics, underage dipshit, not hardware.
>>
File: 23.gif (684 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
23.gif
684 KB, 245x170
>>342064646
>being this much of a drone
Alright friend, the NX will thrive without 3rd party support, Nintendo is the greatest etc.. whatever you say. That's the only thing you want to believe, right?
>>
>>342064513
For most people the new gen didn't really start until the other two consoles came out, so that's like two and a half years. Nintendo seems to be on its own cycle these days. But sure, Wii U will soon have been out for four years so it's not totally unreasonable that they're putting out a new console
>>
File: 1440869782999.png (125 KB, 363x309) Image search: [Google]
1440869782999.png
125 KB, 363x309
>>342064685
>PS1
>5th gen
O im laffin
>>
>>342059351
>so why the hell do people still think the NX will fail if they dont have third party titles and generational hardware?
Because even if Nintendo released 2-3 titles on the level of Zelda U a year, that still wouldn't be enough to get many people to buy it.

And they CAN'T do that. Remember when this game was supposed to come out in 2015?
>>
>>342064653
every single way you can think of honestly. presentation, social media, critics, hype, etc.

this is not about your personal opinions, this is about facts. and the fact is zelda won E3 by a landslide.
>>
File: c7c.jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
c7c.jpg
80 KB, 640x640
>>342064767
>But Wii and Wii U had all that and more and no one fucking bought it.
>Wii
>no one fucking bought it
>Wii
>>
I think the NX is just a desperation move by Nintendo to counter the Xbox One / Playstation 4.
Replacing the WiiU this early makes no sense. Hell, Sony only stopped manufacturing the PS2 in 2011.
>>
>>342064840
Irrelevant, Wii U is Nintendo's 8th gen console, so that's when 8th gen started. It's entirely dependent on when the console is released and nothing else.

Doesn't matter than 6th gen started "for most people" when PS2 came out, Dreamcast started it in 1999. Wii and PS3 came out in 2006 but 7th gen started when 360 came out in 2005, because it came out first.
>>
>>342064767
>Demographics
What demographics? Nintendrones aren't a demographic, you need third party support and a wide range of genres to justify hardware, on top of having exclusives to draw people in.
I love how fanboys of any console act conveniently stupid whenever it suits their non-argument.
>>
File: nintendo console sales.png (86 KB, 870x748) Image search: [Google]
nintendo console sales.png
86 KB, 870x748
>>342059351
The main reason Nintendo won with the NES was because they had 3rd party studios on lockdown.

Every generation, Nintendo has gotten less and less third party support, and you can see that reflected in the sales of their systems.
>>
>>342064834

i LOVE how you complete ignore the facts i presented to you and still go on about your retarded insults and shity sarcasm.

i would show you how much Smash bros boosted Wii U sales aswell, but i dont want to embarrass your retarded ass any further.
>>
>>342064045
What do you even mean by "beat out"? Beat out how? In the sense more people were talking about it at E3? First of all, that doesn't mean shit and certainly doesn't indicate the quality of the game itself. Secondly, who fucking cares about a game which is far away? Who can seriously get excited for stuff which they won't even be able to play for at least another year? I'm getting hype for the stuff releasing this year, games I'll actually be able to play quite soon.

And just for the record, while I'm here, I don't even think BotW looks that good. It has N64 tier textures, a big empty world, and the combat looked like some babby tier garbage. In fact, I fully believe if it didn't have the Zelda name attached to it, it'd just be another boring looking open world TPS nobody gives a shit about it.
>>
>>342064938
>Social media, critics and hype are objective ways to judge a videogame

Are you for real?
>>
>>342064646
>that ONE game, which was a fucking remake of a GC game, boosted Wii U sales by a fuck ton

Well, those were people who would have bought a Wii U earlier if it had had games. When that Zelda game came out it finally got a game and those people figured that they can buy the console now. It didn't really attract any new customers
>>
>>342065028
The PS1 was comparable in specs to the dreamcast, the dreamcast was 5th gen.
>>
>>342065160

k, let me ask you this. in what way do you think zelda did NOT win E3?
>>
>>342065028
When Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles in 2020 and Nintendo puts out a new console in 2021, will it be the 9th gen or 10th gen?
>>
>>342064957
The games, genius.

Wii had Madden, FIFA and CoD and lots of other stuff for years but it sold like shit relative to the 360 and PS3 versions despite Wii having a massive install base by comparison. It's a matter of demographics, not hardware. Wii U had the current Madden, FIFA and CoD when it launched and no one fucking cared, they played on PS3/360 instead.

3rd parties only want to make these huge blockbuster AAA franchises and they don't sell well on Nintendo's platforms. So until AA stops being dead and these huge western publishers are willing to make more than generic, as-safe-as-possible AAA games we won't see much support for anything beyond that, on an platform.
>>
>>342065185

that is exactly the fucking point... the point is that ONE GAME can affect the sales of a game console for nintendo drastically.
>>
>>342065258
haha what
>>
>>342065258
>PS1 was comparable in specs to the dreamcast
>the dreamcast was 5th gen
Are you retarded?
>>
>>342065378
Those people bought a 360 or PS3 for those games. My god, you're impossibly retarded.
>>
>>342065258
Saturn was Sega's 5th gen console. Dreamcast is 6th gen. This is not debatable, this is a fact.
>>
>>342065332
Not the guy you are arguing with but there is no way to measure how anyone "wins" or "loses" e3 that shit is just a fucking commercial for stuff coming out. You can literally not pay attention to entire studios e3 stuff if you want to. Only someone genuinely autistic or 12 thinks it can measurably be "won."
>>
>>342065129
>thinking boosting sales is evidence that the NX will thrive on first party titles alone
I'm not responding to you properly anymore because you've made it abundantly clear you're just a Nintendo fanboy who can only resort to childish shitflinging.

If we're talking facts though, please show me sales figures showing the amount of Wii U's that were sold compared to the other consoles. Because the Wii U has shitty 3rd party support, so it'll be a good indication of how successful Nintendo are when having to rely primarily on their 1st party games. And as such, an idea for how the NX will fair under the same circumstances.

Don't worry about "embarrassing my retarded ass", I'm asking for it.
>>
>>342065136

stop being so buttmad sonyfag. he simply means that Zelda won E3, which is a hard fact right now. fucking deal with it.
>>
>>342064993
>Replacing the WiiU this early makes no sense

It's not selling, so they're abandoning it, quite simply. They're not even manufacturing it anymore, they're just selling off the hardware they still have
>>
>>342065492
There were only three years between the saturn (1995) and the dreamcast (1998). The dreamcast was merely a mid-gen console, and nothing more.
>>
>>342065505

Dont underestimate social media. it has huge influences nowadays.
>>
>>342065540
Microsoft won E3, with Sony a close second.
>>
>>342064993

It makes perfect sense. Their console is underpowered. It can't multi-task well. Their store is not as well built. The controller is outdated. And the PS4 and Xbox One are getting a hardware refresh during the same year as NX so...
>>
>>342065491
Right, so why would they buy them for the Nintendo console? That's my fucking point, you simpering shitwit. No one is going to buy a Nintendo console for the games they can already buy for PS/XB, and "3rd-party support" means little else beyond those AAA multiplats at this point.

So until 3rd-parties start making other games, they won't be supporting Nintendo's platforms beyond family games like Just Dance and Skylanders (because those actually sell.)
>>
>>342065505
And if we judge it as a commercial, Nintendo was the one with the worst performance.
>Microsoft presented many different titles, some exclusives and Windows 10 integration
>Sony presented many different titles, some exclusives and VR technology
>Nintendo only had two games to show. No new hardware, no new technologies, nothing.
>>
>>342059351
I'm gonna honest. TLoZBotW. But it literally the only killer app for me on the entire console. TLoZ the only killer app for me for nintendo nowadays. And 1 game is never gonna get my buying a new console.

There no way in hell I'm getting a console for one game.

Also, yes, the first party games are nintendo strength, and yet they always held it back for whatever reason. Why are they even making a console in the first place.I don't want to own 3 different platform to play everything I want. I'm fucking old. I don't want to deal with this console war bullshit anymore.

I was told console are suppose to died by now. Why are they here?
>>
>>342065621
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_generation_of_video_game_consoles

The rest of the world says you're incorrect, but go ahead and insist that you're not wrong.
>>
>>342065513
>Nintendo Wii U sales up 685% as Zelda Wind Waker HD hits shelves

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/nintendo-wii-u-sales-up-685-as-zelda-wind-waker-hd-hits-shelves-8878783.html

685% boost in wii u sales from the first WEEK.

kid please, at this point its going to bring a tear to my eye to keep proving how retarded you are.
>>
>ITT: People actually debating the topic of the NX or Nintendo in general succeeding based on a lack of 3rd party support Vs. A bunch aggressive Nintoddlers
>>
>>342065792
And if we don't live in some made-up fantasy land, Nintendo fucking won because all people gave two shits about was Zelda despite all the other shit Sony/MS had at the show.
>>
>>342065258
Cause anybody who calls it a ps1 isn't underage or anything
>>
>>342065686

>microsoft
>won E3

LUL with what game ;^)
>>
>>342064993
You can't really compare the PS2, the best selling console ever, to the WiiU, the worst Nintendo console has ever made. Let's be fair and honest here.

I have a WiiU and I love it, but everything about it is wrong: the name, the price, how people (and media mostly) have been talking about it.

It's not worth to keep it running for one year or two more at this point. Let's hope that they heard the public and now do something good with at least a good fucking name and also that has a controller that doesn't make it look like a kids toy.
>>
>>342065891
It's not hard to increase sales by 685% from zero

How much has it sold since Mario Kart came out, or Smash, or... Mario? Splatoon? What other games does it have
>>
>>342065891
I asked for the Wii Us sales in comparison to the PS4/Xbox as a basis for the likelihood of the NX's sales, following the same business model.

It's ok, It's easy to somehow misunderstand a simple difference like this when you're so fixated on trying to prove something else, but please try and follow along here.
>>
>>342065947
Oh God this is precious. Seriously stop typing. You were presented with a solid, logical argument and you decided to refute it with "B-BUT PEOPLE STILL TALKED ABOUT ZELDA MORE".
>>
>>342065258
> comparable to psx
> as if psx could run windows, online, or c++ libraries
>>
>>342066053

685% of 0 is still 0 you fucking retard. Just stop.
>>
>>342066000
>One game

They won by showing many games, anon. The point of a GAMES console is to have GAMES. Not GAME.
>>
>better hardware
>bigger games
>better visuals
>>
>>342065947
Is it so hard to think people base the quality of a presentation based on future announcements, exclusives, new technology, difference business directions etc...?
Seeing people resort to OMG NINTENDO WON BECAUSE OF ONE GAME AND A POKEMON TRAILER is outright retarded. But if that's how some people judge the quality of what was shown, then so be it.
>>
>>342066053

all those games are first party titles, by naming those games you are only proving my fucking point. do you not realize this? of course you dont, you are so retarded that you forgot the original basis of my argument. so ill reiterate it for you.

nintendo needs first party titles. that is ALL it needs to survive. 3rd party titles means fuck all for nintendo fans. are you really going to play fucking arkham knight on NX and not pc? are you that fucking retarded? get the FUCK out of here already
>>
They need good first party titles. Not shit like Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>342066064
Console market is shrinking rapidly, 8th gen isn't looking like it will even come close to 5th gen totals, let alone 6th or 7th gen.

Nintendo can absolutely survive on 1st-party titles. They're doing it right now. Wii U sold like dogshit but Nintendo isn't losing money. 3rd-parties want their AAA blockbusters and little else, those don't sell on Nintendo platforms, regardless of how powerful they are. It's about demographics, not hardware. Until 3rd-parties can make something beyond safe, generic AAA games, we won't see any significant support for anything beyond those games. Look at the Xbone. Same games as the PS4, but everyone decided PS4 was better, so Xbone is selling poorly comparatively. Because all it has are the same 3rd-party multiplats everyone is buying on the other platform. Those games will not magically make millions of people buy an NX when they've already got the games on PS4.
>>
>>342065891
I'm still waiting
>>342066064

Unless you're mistakenly replying to someone else, assuming it's me. Which I imagine you are based on this idiotic reply: >>342066410
>>
>>342066152
>>342066374
>Sonyponies STILL this ass-blasted that Nintendo won E3 with ONE FUCKING GAME

Enjoy Dad of War: My Wife's Son Edition, I guess?
>>
>>342065947
Of course the other games get mentioned less since there were many other games they were presented with. Nintendo had nothing but Zelda for like two days. But did Nintendo get mentioned the most out of all the companies?
>>
>>342066064

why the fuck do you need a comparison we no one is denying that Wii U failed? its only just now starting to stabalize with first party tiltes like splatoon and mario maker... the argument here is WHY it failed. and to understand WHY it failed is the key to helping the NX SUCCEED.

saying it failed because of 3rd party titles is completely retarded.
>>
>>342059486
This year alone has already had seven releases

And this is by far their most pathetic release year in a long time
>>
>>342066219
>685% of 0 is still 0
Sounds about right, which is why they've stopped manufacturing Wii U
>>
>>342066410
>Nintendo needs first party titles. That is ALL it needs to survive

But that blatantly isn't true. The Wii U failed despite it mostly having just first party titles, so how do you work that out?
>>
>>342066270

all the games they showed were shit tho. so i have no idea what you are talking about. they were the least impressive out of all the shows.
>>
>>342066656
Well, If Zelda is mentioned and talked about the most, then yes?

Lots of Sony's announcements had nothing to do with Sony too. Kojima's new game isn't PS4 exclusive and isn't made by Sony, it's like attributing the FF7 reveal last year to them, even though SE made the game and Sony literally just paid them to show it at their conference first.
>>
>>342066410
>all those games are first party titles, by naming those games you are only proving my fucking point

What is your point? That first party titles sell Nintendo consoles? Is that why they've stopped manufacturing Wii U and are releasing a new console just after four years?
>>
File: Bt43ZFoIQAEp4h5.jpg (55 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
Bt43ZFoIQAEp4h5.jpg
55 KB, 600x467
>>342059351
I think Nintendo does not need Third party.

I think Nintendo needs TO BE a third party dev.
>>
>>342066919
>Games with gameplay we'll actually play very soon are shit
>But CG trailers, games Sony showed us last year and games with 2018+ release dates are GOTY

I'm sorry, I thought you got sick of PREASE UNDERSTANDU? You just wanted to hear it from Sony instead?
>>
>>342066667
>the argument here is WHY it failed. and to understand WHY it failed is the key to helping the NX SUCCEED.
>the fact that it has poor 3rd party support doesn't matter! that's retarded! LALALALALA

You're an idiot.
Nintendo doesn't need to market Nintendo games to Nintendo fans, they're going to buy them regardless. The only way for the NX to compete is by doing something else. How are you this stupid? It's not hard to make the simplistic comparison that the "something else" that Sony and MS are doing are multiplats.

Bottom line:
If you think Nintendo can ever be successful with 1st party games ALONE. You're a fucking idiot or a Nintendrone, though there's really little difference.
>>
>>342066961
>Still using rumors debunked a day after spreading
Gotta deflect that "Sony discontinues Vita" news, huh?
>>
>>342067065
Nintendo is a samurai. Their IPs will die by their own sword before they ever go third party.
>>
File: 94830428034.png (50 KB, 228x184) Image search: [Google]
94830428034.png
50 KB, 228x184
>tfw BOTW doesn't interest me in the slightest

I know it won't be challenging because I haven't had a single Nintendo game offer me a challenge since 2010 I think. Zelda in particular always repeats the same exact mistake of "enemy choreographs obviously deadly attack" and you have to literally not touch the controller just to get hit. And besides that, the other features just don't seem that innovative. I don't care about le open world or climbing on stuff. I want solid content without gimmicks. Can Nintendo promise me that? Or will it be another WiiU situation.

>mfw people tell me they've died in Kid Icarus or Wonderful 101

Holy casuals, Batman.
>>
>>342059351
well, let's just remind ourselves that their first party games didn't do as well this gen as previous gens

but more importantly, people -- and a lot of people who didn't even have a wii u -- complained about the lack of 3rd part support

whether it works with NX or not, they are trying to give fans what they want. it's all a mess honestly, the whole industry and its fans in general
>>
>>342067065
Makes sense, I don't know why they need to produce their own consoles if they're just going to have Nintendo games on them. Seems like they would sell more if they just released their games on the other consoles
>>
>>342066919
I don't know man I thought a lot of the games they showed looked great. Horizon 3, Gears 4, Sea of Thieves, Scalebound, We Happy Few, Halo Wars 2, etc etc.
>>
>>342067096
People will just buy the games for PS/XB. Wii U had all the important multiplats at launch, and NO ONE FUCKING BOUGHT THEM.

3rd-party support, which means AAA multiplats, will not help Nintendo, and has not helped them in the recent past. Millions of people aren't going to magically flock to NX because it has the same CoD and AssCreed they can get on PS4. They'll just buy it for fucking PS4, because the community is already there and its where they already play those games. You are fucking retarded.
>>
Yes, First party is strong

But the fucking hap between games are too fucking long

We were lucky that Fall 2013 and the entire 2014 were filled with massive titles, because Nintendo worked on them at the same time

but after that we have massive droughts
>>
File: title.png (42 KB, 1034x423) Image search: [Google]
title.png
42 KB, 1034x423
>>342066837

what the fuck, do people not know how to google search nowadays? fuck.

<--------

that is the launch line up the Wii U had. take a good hard look at it and ask yourself if you truly think 3rd party titles were the reason wii u failed.
>>
>>342067312
Horizon has a very cool concept behind it but from the gameplay shown so far it just looks, unfortunately, like too many other generic western AAA games with no depth. Scalebound also looked disappointing and uninspired.
>>
>>342059750
This desu. At this point Nintendo could turn it all around by going all in on the nostalgia.

Twilight Princess HD and the new Zelda will boost Wii U sales again and set up the NX.

With the NX if they drag out every possible nostalgic IP they have and just make solid games of them, it will sell like hot cakes.

Nintendo fans just lap all this shit up.

Also make Sonic Adventure 3 or something. Or just any Sonic game that isn't shit.
>>
>>342067439
You're assuming they can compete with current gen consoles with their shitty tech. The reason people didn't buy them was because people who cared about them (the majority) bought the Xbox or PS4 for them, the only people that bought the Wii U were die hard Nintendo fans.

If Nintendo had competitive hardware specs and a comparatively strong 3rd party lineup, you'd be an idiot to think people wouldn't buy them.

If you're basing the success of 3rd party support for Nintendo based on the pathetically small amount and shit ports already released for existing Nintendo consoles, you're retarded.
>>
File: 22.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
>>342067160
I don't need to deflect anything, I'm not working for them. They're not my friends, they're a company that produces products that I may or may not end up buying some time. If they do dumb shit I don't feel like I need to justify it, I'll just stop buying their stuff. Honestly I'd have thought Vita has been killed a long time ago. That remark kinda highlights your attitude in this, you assume that if someone says something bad about Nintendo they must be a fan of some other company
>>
>>342067096

lol, go to any nintendo fan and ask them what the ratio of first party IPs to 3rd party titles is in there nintendo collection.

go ahead, ask them. better yet, ask me. go ahead, ask me.
>>
>>342067721
Nintendo already have a good thing going with their Amiibos. Nintendo fans will literally eat shit if it's licensed by Nintendo.
>>
>>342067215
>Zelda in particular always repeats the same exact mistake of "enemy choreographs obviously deadly attack" and you have to literally not touch the controller just to get hit.

this, if I want to sate my action game urge that also challenges me without making everything simplistic as fuck there are a 100 games out there that do the same trick.

The thing about BOTW is that it tried to lift too many things from the modern titles, Zelda-likes adventure action games are already abundant in the current market, now you are literally making games that are even more similar to the other modern release and the only thing you have over the other games is the name of Zelda.

Sure the name will grant you a hefty sale because it still, for the moment, has pulling power, but certainly not enough for it being the saviour of the system.
>>
>>342067840
Did you completely miss the point where I said:
>You're an idiot.
>Nintendo doesn't need to market Nintendo games to Nintendo fans

I feel that calling you an idiot is insulting to idiots at this point.
>>
>>342067603
Nice strawman.

The Wii U still failed despite having mostly first party Nintendo titles. So clearly they can't survive with just those, now can they? All Nintendo need to do is make a relatively powerful system, not include any stupid gimmicks, improve their online infrastructure, and secure all the third part support MS and Sony does, and they can win. Imagine a machine where you still get all the Nintendo stuff, but you also get the other stuff as well. That would great.
>>
>>342059776
Are you referencing something? I don't understand
>>
>>342068132
>So clearly they can't survive with just those, now can they?
You're barking up the wrong tree if you think you will convince any Nintendrone here of that. Best not to get into it.
>>
File: 51NnbDH-5-L.jpg (53 KB, 433x500) Image search: [Google]
51NnbDH-5-L.jpg
53 KB, 433x500
>>342059486
/thread

I live in Asia all my life and I remember back when the PS3 was out, the only game somewhat worth playing is pic related, and it was clunky as shit and nobody gave it a second thought.

As the times went on, more and more 3rd parties game came out and naturally people started to buy the console to play them, I don't even remember playing any 1st party games that are memorable on the PS3, in the end looking back from the long-run, it is the 3rd parties games that made the PS3 revive from an expensive blu-ray player that also play games.
>>
It's the online infrastructure retards. Nintendo's is bad. People want to play online.
>>
>>342067792
And you're still assuming that hardware has ANYTHING to do with it.

Millions and millions of people still play on PS3/360, more than half of active XBL users are on 360, and they're paying to be there. PS4/Xbone have garbage hardware.

>If Nintendo had competitive hardware specs and a comparatively strong 3rd party lineup, you'd be an idiot to think people wouldn't buy them.
Hey, guess what, they've tried that multiple times, and it's never worked out. People do not buy the games. N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, they had many of the same multiplats but failed to sell a significant number of copies and, in cases other than the Wii, got outsold quite handily by competing consoles with the same games.

The problem is not hardware, its demographics and the bloated AAA model most publishers are stuck with.
>>
>>342067840

the thing is, you would have to be a literal retard to buy a 3rd party title on a underpowered system like the Wii U and not buy it on a more powerful system like Xone or PC. thats the point here, no one buys ninteno games for 3rd party shit can ports. i cant beleive people think that what nintendo needs is shittier ported version of a 3rd party game.

imagine if overwatch was ported to Wii U, who the fuck would buy it and why? PS4 and xbone owners are already retarded for buying it on console instead of PC. the fuck are you guys doing and thinking?
>>
>>342068179
Blue ocean's strategy: instead of competing in a market full of competitors (red ocean), you get out and create a new market for you (blue ocean)
>>
>>342067804
Wii U hardware has not been discontinued, that rumor was debunked literally the day after it surfaced
>>
File: 1399331572022.gif (109 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1399331572022.gif
109 KB, 200x200
>>342067096
>>342068062

>nintendo doesnt need to market nintendo games to nintendo fans.

ya this is bait. done responding.
>>
>>342068347
Hardware has everything to do with it. Are you wilfully this dense?
Do you think people would buy multiplats on a console with shitty online like the Wii U? With shittier framerate/graphics?
People may not opt for the objectively best experience for games (PC) but they still want the best for their money.

>Millions and millions of people still play on PS3/360
Yes, but that doesn't require the purchase of a whole new console. When speaking about these consoles you compare them with the Wii since that's what they were competing with and we see the same thing. The Wii was garbage for multiplats and couldn't compete with the online capabilities. Of course people wouldn't buy 3rd party software on a Wii.
>>
Seems like Square likesthe NX, but Ubisoft saying that it was trying to recapture the Wii audience may mean that it's a fuck up.
>>
>>342068441
Oh come on, it may not have happened yet but they're definitely gonna discontinue the Wii U pretty soon. Of course you don't tell your fans thats, that's just bad PR, but it is gonna happen soon.
>>
>>342068334
All they need to do is to have a good online service but not ask money for it. If they offered a comparable service but without the need to pay 50 bucks for it, it could help them a lot
>>
File: Lol this guy....gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Lol this guy....gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>342068524
What a retard.
>>
>>342068132
you retard. we are not talking about 1s party titles like NintendoShitland. we are talking STRONG IP first party titles, or maybe i should just use the word "core" 1st party titles.

thes titles include
Mario
zelda
metroid
kirby
pokemon
mario kart
smash bros
etc

THESE are the titles NX needs at launch that will GUARANTEE their success. we had 1 core game for wii U launch and that was fucking new super mario bros. we didnt get the core games till years later, and guess what happened? huge boost after huge boost in wii u sales.
>>
>>342068891
>THESE are the titles NX needs at launch that will GUARANTEE their success
>Nintoddlers genuinely believe this

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>342068872

>hehe i was trolling all along! hehe xDDD!
>>
>>342068996

you dont have to be a genius to know that he is correct. zelda alone is carrying the shit out of them right now, based on that logic it will carry the shit out of NX. Twilight princess did the same for the Wii.
>>
>>342069018
The fact that you even assume it's bait and are resorting to these as rebuttals shows your idiocy.
Nintendo fans will buy Nintendo games, that's literally the only reason they bought the Wii U. Marketing to Nintendo fans alone is pointless since they're the idiots that bought the console already with nothing on it.

Continue your "le ironic shitposting" though you fucking moron. Must be a curse to be such a huge fanboy all the time.
>>
>>342068891
Oh so now you're moving goalposts? Wonderful. The point is the Wii U still failed commercially. And it did, anon, it did. It was a commercial disaster for Nintendo and even they recognise that fact. I mean, we all joke about how nobody bought an Xbone and it was complete flop, yet even that has sold DOUBLE the amount of units the Wii U has. Just something to consider.
>>
>>342068996
I agree with that guy though, Wii U has nogames worthawhile (both first party and second/third party) at launch so nobody got suckered in except for diehard nintendrones.

If you have at least or less than half of the titles on his list people would at least give Wii U a notice, throughout Wii U's life cycle they trickle down the "core titles" between huge content drought gaps, obviously they are going to fuck up.
>>
File: 1371108326296.gif (2 MB, 300x196) Image search: [Google]
1371108326296.gif
2 MB, 300x196
>>342069239
>Twilight princess did the same for the Wii.
>He thinks Twilight Princess carried the Wii

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Stop, you're killing me.
>>
>>342068891
Nintendrones: "We'll win the console war if only Nintendo would just make some GOOD first party games!"

I'm glad that Blanc and the sisters don't behave anything like actual Nintenyearolds. Nep would be intolerable if CH tried to be realistic with this.
>>
>>342068996
The Nintendrone is right: if the NX gets all of those titles it will get a very strong start.
>>
>>342069407
>I mean, we all joke about how nobody bought an Xbone and it was complete flop, yet even that has sold DOUBLE the amount of units the Wii U has. Just something to consider.

People shit on the Vita all the time and keep posting the news article on how it's a "legacy console".

Nobody on nintendo's side mention that despite everything against it it still also outsold the Wii U though.
>>
>>342069361

im not that guy you are arguing with, but the only reason i bought a wii u was for WW and smash bros. and i kept it undusted for mario maker and TP HD. so your point is pretty much void.

the thing is you are not a nintendo fan, so you have not a single clue what makes a nintendo fan an actual nintendo fan. You really dont have a clue. This is why everything you have been saying thus far is complete horse shit.
>>
File: 1440277364455.jpg (298 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1440277364455.jpg
298 KB, 1080x1920
Nintendo needs to keep brewing up A-tier first party games, and entirely focus on that paired with a low(er) priced console. Fuck third party, that's what xbox/Sony is for and they're past that point to win that market share.

They shouldn't be competing with xbox or playstation.
>>
>best home console was SNES(for others NES)
>SNES had a bunch of 3rd party games dear to most until today from platforms+action(a thing back in the day) and rpgs + 1st party games
>SNES hardware was on par and at some regards better than its rival Mega Drive/Genesis
>Snes sold shitons
>years later:"geeee guys, I mean we have a new Zelda coming out for the NX, in 5 years we will have another Zelda at the end of that console's life with Skyward Sword HD in the middle. In 2 years we will have a new Mario, in 3 years a new FE. we will have a new version WiiU's Smash with NX's launch and in 4 years a new one. And Pokken and Splatoon 2 eventually. Why do we even need more games? Nintendo is enough. Miyamoto-sama can still do everything and we have Sakurai!!! and don't forget Kamiya!!!"

What the fuck is wrong with you? They need 3rd parties as any console do, they need more games, more variety, hardware as good or better than current gen.
>>
File: 05E844E2D.jpg (160 KB, 704x1575) Image search: [Google]
05E844E2D.jpg
160 KB, 704x1575
>>342059776
>Nintendo is trying to abandon their "blue ocean"
The blue ocean wasn't quite as wide as they had imagined. It 'dried up' around the time mobile gaming became a thing.
So no, they didn't abandon it; it abandoned Nintendo. And when the tide receded the steadfast island of the Nintendo Kingdom had been greatly eroded.

That 'ferociously loyal fanbase' has undergone significant attrition in the past decade. I was the most obnoxious kind of Nintendo fan up until the Wii, but I got sick of thinking, "man how much better would this look and play on another console/PC?" If they haven't the power to secure third-party exclusives, nor the clout to maintain a successful hardware business, they should simply retire to software development.
>>
>>342069763
>im a nintendo fan, ur not, so thats why i know what you're saying is wrong
That's a concise sentence summarising your logic. Do you see how retarded it is?
>>
>>342069868
If the Wii U had been 150$ at launch, there'd be one in every house beside the xbox or playstation
>>
>>342068698
>Yes, but that doesn't require the purchase of a whole new console
Right, so why would they buy the NX to play the same games they can just get for the PS4/Xbone they already have?

Demographics, you colossal shitstain. Wii U was the most powerful console on the market when CoD Ghosts and FIFA 13 were released, did that make millions of people run out and buy it? Every single one of Nintendo's handhelds, and the Wii, had garbage hardware but still sold well, because of the games.
>>
>>342068347
>Hey, guess what, they've tried that multiple times, and it's never worked out. People do not buy the games. N64, GC, Wii, Wii U
>lumping in the Wii and the Wii U with the others

They perform poorly for different reasons, and for both the Wii and the Wii U you have to be blind to not see that the insufficient hardware was the main reason for it's failure in terms on third party support.

Their main gimmick feature also forced the developers to work around on it's unique system, on top of the problems that the developers (allegedly) had while working with the Wii U and has recieve next to no help from nintendo after the initial introduction, nobody is going to make an effort to put extra work into a console that force you to compromise to it's inferior and gimmicky hardware.
>>
>>342069407
It wasn't a commercial failure as they still made/are making money on it, but it fell far short of their expectations.
>>
>>342069407

it failed, but its starting to actually stabalize itself. think hard about it anon, think REAL hard.

WW HD: HUGE Boost
Mariomaker: HUGE boost
Smash bros: HUGE boost
Splatoon: HUGE boost
TP HD: HUGE boost.

its been getting boost after boost after boost, and what causes these boost? you guessed it, core first party titles with the exception of splatoon which is a new core first party IP that surprised everyone.

so imagine NX has this line up on launch. j ust humor me and IMAGINE it for a bit:
NX launch line up:
Splatoon 2
LoZBoTW
Mario NX (working title)
Skyward sword HD
Smash bros NX (working title)

just to make it more realistic, lets say it only had 3 of the above titles on launch and the rest the following year. do you REALLY think the NX will fail?
>>
>>342069915
This is why I hate neo-nintendrones.

Even if we don't bring the SNES into the discussion, if you think the GB and NDS series only succeeded simply because they rely on 1st party games you are delusional.
>>
>>342069548

youre right, it was wii sports. which is a first party title.

kill yourself kid.
>>
>>342070117
>Wii U was the most powerful console on the market when CoD Ghosts and FIFA 13 were released

Marginally, and they already had a console to play those on. The decision is made at the beginning of the generation, and people were waiting for the PS4 and new Xbox. Nobody is going to drop 300 dollars on a console that is the same strength as their xbox which they've had since 2008
>>
>>342070117
>Wii U was the most powerful console on the market when CoD Ghosts and FIFA 13 were released, did that make millions of people run out and buy it?
Because the PS4 and Xbone were the consoles that were competing with the Wii U and everyone with half a brain cell knew that. Nobody was going to go out and buy a console that'd be made obsolete in less than a year for their purposes (multiplats) not to mention the online capabilities of the Wii U is garbage even compared to the 360 and PS3.
>>
>>342070143
But AGAIN Wii U had the same multiplats 360/PS3 had, BEFORE PS4/Xbone were out, and no one fucking cared. No one is going to buy the Nintendo platform for the games they can already get on the a console they own. Nintendo needs to sell their platform on different games, not competing for the same shrinking audience the competition already has in the palm of their hands.
>>
>>342069578

one of those pedos that like squid kids. kek. opinion automatically thrown out the window.
>>
>>342070117
Pretty sure the 360 is a stronger machine than the Wii U. There's a bunch of visual and performance comparisons of games on both systems and the 360 always wins out.
>>
>>342070270
>HUGE boost

like some guy in this thread said, it's not hard to make a HUGE boost when you are working with a tiny number.

The games you have also noted are also incidentally the only "worthwhile" releases on the Wii U, in between the huge gaps the owners of Wii U has nothing to played with, effectively undoing all the "stabilization" the big releases has done to the Wii U.
>>
File: 1461858884371.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1461858884371.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>342070380
>kill yourself kid.
Pathetic lol
>>
>>342069979

No because he is saying nintendo fans are nintendo fans because of the IP, nothing else.
>>
>>342070420
>Marginally, and they already had a console to play those on
So how is that any different than the situation we have now? People already have PS4s, they're not going to buy an NX to play the same fucking games they can just get for PS4. Nintendo needs to differentiate themselves, make their console worth owning in addition to, not instead of, the competition.
>>
>>342070467
>No one is going to buy the Nintendo platform for the games they can already get on the a console they own

Maybe they would if the console was an actual improvement. But it wasn't substantially more powerful, it had worse online, so why would they buy it
>>
>>342070542

you are missing the point entirely. why the fuck are people so god damn stupid.
>>
>>342070467
3rd parties don't mean multiplatforms only. But it seems you don't know that.
>>
>>342070464
>Because the PS4 and Xbone were the consoles that were competing with the Wii U
PS4 and Xbone hadn't even been announced yet, shitbird. Had the same hype you're saying NX needs now, better hardware and the same multiplats.

Hardware doesn't mean shit, if it did no one would be playing on consoles in the first place.
>>
>>342070768
>better just call him stupid and say he's missing the point
wew lad, got a real salty drone over here
>>
>>342070724
>People already have PS4s, they're not going to buy an NX to play the same fucking games they can just get for PS4

Because it will be on par with a PS4. They're releasing their console three years later and it doesn't improve anything compared to the others so why would people buy it
>>
>>342070467
>But AGAIN Wii U had the same multiplats 360/PS3 had, BEFORE PS4/Xbone were out, and no one fucking cared.
>has the same library of the consoles of the last generation
>implying

The problem also is that despite being a full generation behind, their newest console still struggles to compete in terms of performance when you line them up with the popular consoles of the last gen.
>>
File: 1364015320202.jpg (175 KB, 1368x768) Image search: [Google]
1364015320202.jpg
175 KB, 1368x768
>>342070724
>So how is that any different than the situation we have now?
Here's the secret: It's not, and Nintendo is fucked.
>>
>>342070482
You're incorrect, 360 couldn't even do 720p half the time, stuff like Halo 3 was 600p upscaled.
>>
>>342070270
Anon just because you type word huge over and over again in caps doesn't make it true. The Wii U to date has sold barely 13 million units and it's approaching its 4th Birthday this year. These "HUGE boosts" you're talking about may not have been quite as huge as you think they were.

As for the latter part of your post; that's just wishful thinking on your behalf. It won't have a launch lineup nearly as strong as that, and we all know it. It's nice to dream and speculate about "What if this?" and "What if that?", but in the cold light of reality it's pretty pointless.
>>
>>342070908

you never answered the question and instead went directly into a strawman.

"its easy to boost a small number"

no fucking shit sherlock, that is not answering the question i asked and instead completely avoids it to dick ride another completely irrelevant argument.
>>
>>342070768
>implying they will have all the games you mentioned out by the time NX is released
also
>3 unconfirmed games (mario, smash bros, splatoon)
>1 HD remaster
>1 actual new game

yeah, I can totally see your point from here.
>>
>>342070892
>PS4 and Xbone weren't announced upon COD Ghosts and Fifa 13's release
[citation needed]

Though honestly, if you really think hardware doesn't mean anything when people decide what to play multiplats on, you're stupid.
>>
>>342070892
>PS4 and Xbone hadn't even been announced yet

People knew they were coming. And again, Wii U wasn't an improvement in any way compared to their xbox. Hardware does matter, people wouldn't buy a PS4 if they were content with their PS3
>>
>>342070482
Same was true of 360/PS3 games but we all know PS3 is the more powerful machine despite games running better on 360. Most of those Wii U games were garbage ports, but the ones that weren't, like Deus Ex, were good and ran as well or better than on 360.

And 360 couldn't hope to reproduce something like MK8 at 60fps.
>>
>>342070986
Just got look up the comparisons I mentioned and you'll see how much stronger the 360 performs against the Wii U.
>>
>>342071098
not even him, stay salty though
P.S. it is easy to boost a small number when talking about a %, you silly drone
>>
>>342071127
>[citation needed]

PS4 and Xbone were not announced in 2012, are you fucking retarded or something? They were both announced and released in 2013.
>>
>>342071152
>but the ones that weren't, like Deus Ex, were good and ran as well or better than on 360.

There's also the fact that everyone and their dog who's interested in the newest last gen games has already played them at least 1 year ago, nobody is going to buy a new console to play 1 first party game+several last gen titles
>>
If the NX lauches with Shart of the Wind and Smash, I'll buy one.

Elsewise Ninty can fuck off. Also, a real controller. No more wagglantablet shit please.

Please.
>>
>>342071152
The 360 could easily run MK8 at 60fps at the same native 720p res the Wii U does. I bet you could even polish up the visuals a bit too. MK8 has a shocking lack of AA.
>>
>>342071157
Wii U is the more powerful machine, go look at the specs, dipshit.
>>
>>342071295
>thinking [citation needed] means "just take my word for it"
Though I'm pretty fucking sure people knew the new Xbox and new PS were coming long before their actual announcement*

*[citation still needed]
>>
>>342071440
PS4 was officially announced in like March 2013 when Sony held a conference about it. Not sure about Xbone, maybe it was at E3. Of course there were rumors about them long before that and I think Sony had some kind of teaser in early 2013, but the official unveiling was later
>>
>>342059986
This level of delusion
>>
>>342071302
Which is why no one is going to buy an NX for the same CoD they can just get on the PS4 they already have. 3rd-party multiplats that there isn't much of a market for on Nintendo's platforms in the first place will not help them sell consoles unless there is a MASSIVE shift (as in, the majority of the playerbase for these AAA multiplats migrates to Nintendo) in the market as a whole. Not going to happen.
>>
>>342071101

i did say imagine and to humor me in order to prove a point. sorry you lack imagination.
>>
>>342071416
Clearly not in practice though.
>>
>>342071440
PS4 was announced February 2013, Xbone was announced March 2013. Why you would need a fucking "citation" for that is beyond me.

No one is going to buy an NX for 3rd-party mutliplats because they can just get them for PS4.
>>
>>342059986
>like it won E3 not by 1 mile, but several miles...
also
>a zelda game that has been delayed since hell and back
>foreshadowed to be released on Wii U but went into development hell
>not seeing this coming

>>342071683
Imagination does not make a good argument, you can keep dreaming though.
>>
>>342071720
Show me some first party native 1080p/60fps 360 games.
>>
>>342071127
>>342071628
Call of Duty Ghosts Wii U release date: November 5th 2013
Xbox On release date: November 22nd 2013
PS4 release date: November 15th 2013

Now shut the fuck up already
>>
>>342071652
Problem is Nintendo is now just playing catch-up with the other companies. If they were actually ahead of the competition at the right time it would shift the balance a bit
>>
>>342071032

this argument was never about what ifs or speculations. this argument was always about the NX failing just because they dont have 3rd party support. my argument is that they do not need 3rd party support, they only need a strong launch line up of core first party games like the ones i just mentioned.
>>
>>342060503
I'll have you know I get plenty of use from my 3DS. Great portable emulator since I can't stand touch controls on phones.
>>
>>342071768
>Why you would need a fucking "citation" for that is beyond me.
Because I don't just take your word for something without a source in a debate? Is that concept really so far from your grasp? Dumbass.
>>
>>342071873
Sorry, meant BLOPS2, which was the 2012 game. They make one very year, you'll have to forgive me.
>>
>>342071810
>Imagination does not make a good argument, you can keep dreaming though

how about you go re read the OP so you can realize why brought that scenario up.
>>
>>342059986
You can't be serious. You gotta be 12 years old
>>
>>342071957
>they only need a strong launch line up of core first party games

What happens after that? Now the ten million people who want to play those games own them, and then what
>>
>>342072048
Well, it's pretty much common knowledge, given the big 2013 E3 Xbone reveal and all.

It's also something you could have just googled yourself in less time than it took you to post "citation needed" two times.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.