[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the FUCK are you supposed to know how to beat this guy without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: yhorm.jpg (546 KB, 800x1080) Image search: [Google]
yhorm.jpg
546 KB, 800x1080
How the FUCK are you supposed to know how to beat this guy without looking it up?
>>
>>342038825
I would maybe run/look around the room and pick up the item in the corner.

It's pretty much how you solve every other situation in the game - go towards the item.
>>
File: image.png (31 KB, 158x210) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 158x210
>>342038825
Try reading the item description
>>
git gud
>>
Item in boss room should seem suspicious. And when you pick it up and it's a sword you should get Demon's Souls flashbacks.
>>
For me, it was a combo of playing as a phantom, and the fact that it was almost the same as a boss in Demon's Souls
>>
>>342038825
By not being retarded. You must be too used to hand holding.
>>
>see you are doing almost nothing with everything you do
>look for what you need to do
>see an item on the ground
>possibly die
>either way, read description, put on
>win

or

>Seigward waltzes in and starts hammering him
>see you are doing nothing attacking
>look for the item in the room
>put it on and test it because you have no aggro
>wombo combo him with Seigward
>>
>>342039413
>>342039371
>>342039294
>>342039169
>>342039130
>>342039078
Name one (1) weapon art that requires you to CHARGE for five seconds to activate.
I'll wait.
>>
>>342039609
Storm Ruler
>>
>>342039609
I'm pretty sure the description tells you to charge it, but even if it doesn't it tells you it destroys giants so you should be able to figure out you have to use it to kill yhorm. It is pretty instinctive to try charging the special attack if it doesn't do anything normally.
>>
>>342039609
most spells
>>
>>342039294
>Implying this idiot has played Demon's Souls

Maybe not even 10% of people who play Dark3 have played Demon's.
>>
Wait you mean you guys didn't just bash his left arm until he staggers then follow up with R1? That's how I figured it out.
>>
>>342039130

>Huge giant with a huge machete running after you
>Hmm let me just stop to pick this item up and read about it
>>
>>342038825
The real fucked up thing in relation to the storm ruler is that it doesn't fucking work against all other giants, it only works on Yhorm.
>>
Siegward just showed up and pretty much solo'd the boss in my game
>>
File: 1465698493086.jpg (21 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
1465698493086.jpg
21 KB, 570x570
>mfw I beat this guy not with the storm ruler but by using my bow to headshot until he fell down and crit him with my sword over and over
>>
>>342040892
>Fromsoftware
I don't see what's wrong
>>
>>342041287
How long did that take?
>>
>>342039609
It took me something like 3 tries before I realized you had to hold it for longer. Felt pretty silly once I realized how it was used.
>>
I did onion bros quest to the end and he did all the damage for me while I kept him distracted, I didn't find the sword until after the fight since I was focused on the giant trying to kill me
>>
>>342039609
>Shitposting about the easiest boss in the game.

Wew Lad.
>>
File: wpid-filthy-casual.jpg (164 KB, 1440x1000) Image search: [Google]
wpid-filthy-casual.jpg
164 KB, 1440x1000
>>342039609

Like, literally every single charged of every single game ever gives you a visual / sound cue that it is ready, and the storm ruler does the same.

>He never held the charge button for more than 20 seconds to make sure it is already in the most charged state.

You filthy casual
>>
>>342039609
I bet you didn't even know you can charge all weapon strong attacks you turbofaggot
>>
>In a game with literally no penalty for dying, you dont stop to read the description of a super obvious item sitting right next to where the super obvious giant asshole was sitting.
Its your own fault.
>>
>>342038825
>hit him
>Does fuck all
>Pick shit up
>New weapon
>Even without reading you can make assumptions
>Hit him
>Still does nothing
>Die / read the weapon you got
>Try out the WA
>Go kill him this time
I figured this out and decided to beat his ass normally anyway
>>
>>342039609

I say it's a matter of luck, if you somehow managed to follow Siegward's quest, it's a no brainer, he does most of the job there anyways, if you summon someone for that battle, they'll have it so you'll know, if you go there alone, with no Siegward then you might require to get killed at least once to read the description or test the sword in a safe area.
>>
While it wasn't too hard to figure out by reading the description, how are you supposed to beat him on your very first attempt? Read the description while he crushes you?
>>
Why would Yhorm keep the one thing that can really hurt him lying on the ground for anyone to pick up?
>>
>>342042139
just pick up the weapon and see what it does

or whittle him down for an hour with normal weapons
>>
>>342042139
homeward bone
>>
>>342038825

Git gud or find an alternative as always. :DDDDDDD
>>
>>342042216
He was suicidal
>>
>>342038825
It's called completing Siegward's questline
>>
>>342042216
technically it's on a corpse off another person who failed and it's just left there.
He probably didn't even know about it.
>>
File: get in the robot Ohta.png (398 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
get in the robot Ohta.png
398 KB, 1280x720
>He did not do the Seigward questline
>He did not help out the ultimate bro
>He did not gangrape Yhorm the easiest boss in the game with Seigward and a storm ruler.
Plebs.
>>
>>342042139
This game and the rest are far from designed to be completed in one life blind. Suck it up faggot, it takes thirty seconds to run back.
>>
>>342039609
I listened to a point made by one of those dark souls lore dudes, (I don't remember which one exactly), but he said that Dark Souls is somewhere between a single player AND a multiplayer game, not only because we can summon people, but because to unpack all the lore, we need the community. I think that extends to the gameplay as well.
What I'm saying is, I think if we had the level of internet access we had in like '94, Dark Souls would not have suffered, because its story and some of its mechanics would be obscured.

tl;dr
Dark Souls can get away with it because its Dark Souls
>>
>>342042139
You watch the masterclass in dark souls 3 by Jeff Green beforehand.
>>
>>342038825
>tfw wasn't aware I got the weapon you're supposed to use on him, maybe because I was spamming pick up near the throne assuming something would be there
>kill him without it easily because of his simple moveset
Would've liked to see other bosses with huge health pools, killing a boss in two minutes or so is kind of lame.
>>
>>342042139
By already knowing what the Storm Ruler does, fuccboi
>>
>>342042532
How did Yhorm get in that room?
Isn't the only exit the one you come through?
>>
>>342043419
magic

built around him

stop thinking about it so damn hard
>>
>>342038825
>Spend 5 minutes chipping off his health
>See an item in the back
>Pick it up
>Realise the purpose
>Spend another 5 minutes figuring out how to do the blast

Only idiots keep trying the one way over and over without figuring out a different way.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.