[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /v/ recommend me a good jrpg? I've been dying to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 16932-7.jpg (932 KB, 1738x1560) Image search: [Google]
16932-7.jpg
932 KB, 1738x1560
Can /v/ recommend me a good jrpg? I've been dying to play one, but I haven't really found any that have peaked my interet. THough super looking forward to persona 5

Some of my favorites are Final Fantasy V, Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Legend of Dragoon, and Mother 3
>>
Legend of Legaia
>>
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

>>342027396
2nd this one, too.
>>
>>342027396
My dearest of niggas.

The PS1 was absolutely godly for JRPGs, and weirdly enough a lot of them began with Legend
Legend of Legaia, Legend of the Dragoon, Legend of Mana.

>>342027161
Have you tried Grandia I, OP? I have fond memories of it, although I don't know how well the voice acting holds up to this day.
>>
Ys games, Wild arms 2.
>>
>>342027161
if your image implies it needs to be PS1 then Breath of Fire 4. if not SMT nocturne if you havent already played it
>>
Xenogears, SMT 1-4 and spin offs, White Knight Chronicles 1 and 2, Lost Odyssey
>>
>>342027161
Go get wild arms 3 or rogue galaxy. Both ps2 games now on ps4.
>>
File: xenosaga-collection.jpg (682 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
xenosaga-collection.jpg
682 KB, 1280x1024
These games are dense as fuck but also very rewarding.
>>
Guardian's Crusade
>>
File: s2_combat.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
s2_combat.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
>>342027161
Suikoden 1 and 2. First one is really short and kinda, but sequel is amazing and probably one of the best JRPGs on a system renown for amazing JRPGs. They also haven't aged aged like shit because quality 2D.
>>
File: darkwolf.jpg (14 KB, 490x272) Image search: [Google]
darkwolf.jpg
14 KB, 490x272
>>342028598
>mfw WKC2 includes the WKC1, but not its achievements

It's a petty thing, but I have no idea why they omitted them.
>>
>>342027812
>The PS1 was absolutely godly for JRPGs, and weirdly enough a lot of them began with Legend
I just wish so many haven't aged badly because of early 3D and shit.
>>
>>342027161
Legend of dragoon is terrible. If your taste is that bad you'll love suikoden
>>
It's JRPG Flavored

Popful Mail
>>
>>342029382
The music is awful, the writing is worse than modern shounen, the battle system is extremely dull and the level design is nonexistent.
>>
File: 11-Suikoden_2.png (117 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
11-Suikoden_2.png
117 KB, 320x240
>>342030190
Are you alright, anon? Did you forget your medicine again?
>>
>>342029498
This movie.

It was ok.
>>
Golden Sun and Golden Sun The Lost Age

It has a cool job system, a large intereting world with a lot to explore (ESPECIALLY in The Lost Age), and simple but fun puzzles.

Just avoid Dark Dawn at all costs.
>>
>>342031083
Golden Sun has a job system?
Why do I have no recollection of this at all?
Also, it suffers from the drawback of trying to be vaguely 3D on the GBA. What a pity.
>>
>>342031228
mixing and matching djinns will change your class which gives you different stats and new spells
>>
Romancing SaGa series, specially 2 and 3.
>>
Radiant Historia
Here's some gameplay skip to 2:40 if it doesn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVUiTWZbNFY
It has a very interesting story about time travel. It has a lot of optional stuff to find that really helps flesh out the world. Started playing it after I had it recommended to me in one of these threads actually.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.