[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just beat Ocarina of Time to hype myself up for BotW, but could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: zelda.png (2 MB, 1500x1094) Image search: [Google]
zelda.png
2 MB, 1500x1094
I just beat Ocarina of Time to hype myself up for BotW, but could somebody tell me what exactly the appeal is? I won’t diss the game’s combat, considering it was one of the earliest 3D games that focused on it, but what’s with the puzzles? I don’t mean just the “Push block into hole” ones, I mean all of them:

>The tree’s puzzle is just climbing to the top, lighting a torch, and using it to burn the web at the bottom.
>The Goron one is bombing the eyes of the Dongo. To do this, you just reach the top and drop them in.
>I can’t remember what Jabu Jabu’s puzzle was. I don’t think it had one.
>The Kokiri puzzle is lighting four torches by defeating enemies.
>The volcano’s puzzle was using the hammer to press switches you could normally just step on.
>The water temple’s one was raising the water pressure. It’s probably the closest one to an actual puzzle, but I didn’t know which area I was supposed to go to first and kept having to head backwards.
>The shadow temple was just equipping the lens and boots so I wouldn’t fall into a bottomless pit.
>The spirit temple had me go back in time. I just had to play the Temple of Time song, place the Master Sword back in, and play the Spirit Temple song. All it really managed to do was waste a minute of my time.

All of these might as well be block puzzles. Should I skip Majora’s Mask and move on to Wind Waker since the developers would have had more to work with by then?
>>
Are you just now figuring out that Zelda is a kids game and the puzzles are easy?
>>
>>342026205
NO, fucking play Majora's Mask. It's pretty good.
>>
>>342026205
i dont know, i never beat it. im playing twilight princess on the wii though its not too bad.
>>
File: 1466292201637.jpg (8 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
1466292201637.jpg
8 KB, 236x236
I know you're falseflagging to get people to exclaim brownie points to Majora's Mask and talk about how it's "so different" from Ocarina of Time; but you really think I'm gonna read all that black text?

You didn't think anyone would believe you sat there and played through the game taking notes on what to complain about did you?

Nobody is that tasteless.
>>
>The tree’s puzzle is just climbing to the top, lighting a torch, and using it to burn the web at the bottom.

Did you play Master Quest? In the original, all you had to do was jump down into the web and it'd break. Or am I crazy?
>>
It was revolutionary for the time but it aged like shit.
If you want an actual Zelda game that aged like fine wine, go play A Link To The Past.
>>
>>342026379
To be fair, they are probably relatively hard now since the game doesn't tell you to do these things.
>>
I am fairly positive I've seen this pasta before.

Nonetheless, OP is a faggot.
>>
>>342027053
Nah you're right you can break it by jumping.
>>
>>342026205
Zelda games are simple. I don't know if I could stomach if I had not been playing them since childhood.

Majora's Mask should not skipped, it's the most original game in the series.
>>
>>342026384
>>342028549

What're the differences, exactly? I can't imagine they could expand much on the puzzles.

>>342027053

I played the Master Quest rom, but went with the easy mode.

>>342027206

I played it on GBA as a kid and liked it well enough. I'm wanting something closer to BotW, though.
>>
>>342026205
And what's wrong with those puzzles? It's a video game, not an IQ test.
>>
>>342026205
Not that I'm agreeing with you, you clearly omitted a lot, but this isn't really a puzzle game in the first place, it's action adventure.
>>
>>342029026
Majora's Mask is slightly harder than most Zelda games. But it is more of it's own thing than epitome of the Zelda formula. Majora's Mask focuses on sidequests and eccentric atmosphere.
>>
>>342026205
>I can’t remember what Jabu Jabu’s puzzle was. I don’t think it had one.
The tentacles you stupid faggot.
>>
>>342029026
>What're the differences, exactly?
it's not very linear
you need to plan more shit and know what the fuck you're doing
>>
>>342026205
Fuck off. Ocarina of time is one of the best game ever PERIOD. No random edgelord is going to change that fact. The puzzles were meant to be fun. You know what's not fun? Being stuck on a puzzle for hours. If you don't like fun don't play it. Google some shitty rom hack that's made for people like you.
>>
File: image.png (51 KB, 213x233) Image search: [Google]
image.png
51 KB, 213x233
>>342026205
>I just beat Ocarina of Time to hype myself up for BotW, but could somebody tell me what exactly the appeal is?
>I just beat Ocarina of Time
>beat
>could somebody tell me what exactly the appeal is?
>beat Ocarina of Time
>beat
congrats on totally beating it
>>
>>342029026
Out of its 4 dungeons, 3 of them have a central mechanic like the water temple which directly correlates to where you're able to get to in the dungeon.

On top of that it focuses on side stuff and time management which add a little challenge but nothing to get hyped over. That being said, however, its one of the most creative 3d zeldas and you're honestly not going to gain anything by skipping to windwaker which is arguably the easiest of all the 3d entries.
>>
>>342029026
>played Master Quest rom
if that was your first time playing OoT, you're a moron.

>puzzles this and that
the games are action adventure games, not puzzles. The puzzles barely ever change from moving blocks to shooting eyes during the series, and that's barely the point
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.