[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Villans Who are the best Villans in vidya ? > Villans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 320x320
ITT: Villans
Who are the best Villans in vidya ?

> Villans who are not villainous or evil, but find themselves opposed to the player anyways
>>
File: Gwyn-Lord_of_Cinder.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gwyn-Lord_of_Cinder.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
It's pronounced Antagonist.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x278
He's my husbando, and I'm not even a faggot.
>>
>>342016617
but Ryan wasn't a villain, even though he was opposed to Jack the real villain was Fontaine
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 924x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 924x1280
The best part of an otherwise shitty game and retroactively making the previous game better
Trying to do right , ypu can only take so much shit becuse you say "fuck it"
>>
File: Monsters.png (1 MB, 1701x904) Image search: [Google]
Monsters.png
1 MB, 1701x904
I love this disgusting piece of shit
>>
>>342017471
>not evil
No one in the game is really "good" though
>>
>>342017775
It could be argued that Jack is the protagonist while the rest including the player character are the antagonists
>>
>>342016918
Not sure Gwynn is even an antagonist
The closets thing to a antagonist is the entire world crumbling into dust ,
>>
>>342018079
If you want to use that logic we could say mass murderers and groups like isis are in the right because they believe they are doing the right thing
>>
>>342018912
His (at least original) goal was to clear Pandora so he could control the giant monster ,and use its power for good,
The player and most over characters push him over the edge , fucking with him over and over...for the promise of finding treasure ?
Mass murder for the good of all vs mass murder for greed
>>
>>342019442
Jack pretty obviously doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.
>>
>>342019442
Who cares what his original goal was? At the end of the day he obviously didnt care about anyone but himself, despite whatever excuses he likes to spew. He basically became just like any of the other vault hunters, but with an excuse to justify himself
>>
>>342016617
Literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>342019442
Sympathetic villan =/= good guy
>>
>>342018079
That's not how Antagonist and Protagonist works.

The player/ main character HAS to be the protagonist, even if they're evil/ the villain
>>
jack is definitely not an example of a good character being misrepresented as evil

don't get me wrong, he got the usual 'evil makeover' where he did comically evil things for no rational reason

but even when he was calm he was still being excessively selfish with his nearly absolute power, and that descended very predictably into unnecessary murder
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 101x126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 101x126
Based frank
I never did understand his end game though
After he he made bank , collapsed the city and killed Ryan (through proxy of Jack ) he stayed in rapture?
>>
>>342022762
Would he have been able to leave though? Maybe only Ryan could use the bathosphere to the surface?
>>
>>342018517
aah yes entropy, the only real villain
>>
>>342022762
He wanted to own rapture. There was no reason to leave after Ryan was dead.
>>
NOTHING WRONG
O
T
H
I
N
G

W
R
O
N
G
>>
File: Jack_intro.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Jack_intro.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>342017471
This.

>Try to build powerbase so that he can erradicate all the mass murderers and bandits and civilize Pandora
>Gets betrayed left and right
>Changes his mindset and is like "fuck it, let's just kill every single one of these scumbags"

He literally did nothing wrong.
>>
File: HAHAHA.gif (485 KB, 250x176) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA.gif
485 KB, 250x176
>>342024616
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.