[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: save me g.jpg (40 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
save me g.jpg
40 KB, 400x267
HOW DO I BLOCK THE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE?

I JUST GOT A NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 8 I WANT 7 OR 8 NOT FUCKING 10 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
>>
You should update, Windows 8 its an horrible mess.

Win 10 is great and new games will use the new directx at some point.
>>
Shit man, this ain't /g/, but whatever, I'm game.
If you're on 7, simply block windows updates from the control panel.
If you're running 8, i'd recommendo you to upgrade to 8.1 since 8 is pure bullshit. Once in 8.1, again, block updates from the control panel.
And that's all, really.
If you're on 10 just format and install your fav os.
>>
>>342014617
Sorry pal, 8 is garbage and even 10 is better in comparison.

Might as we either go 7 or 10.
>>
google never10
>>
>>342014917

I have Windows 8 (came with my PC). It's not as good as Windows 7 but isn't that bad. I haven't tried Windows 10 but just keep "x'ing" out of the update prompts. It automatically downloaded and installed at like 3AM one night but I just reverted my harddrive.

I guess I'll give in sooner or later. It's annoying when the model is to charge you monthly. I use Office often for work. Instead of buying it flat out for like $200, you need to pay like $15 a month indefinitely. Sure, it's a smaller initial capital outlay but you're paying more over time.
>>
>>342014617
Turn off updates, there's no reason for updates anymore outside of service packs.
>>
Delete C:\Windows\System32
>>
File: CfSDCZrWwAAfXRa.jpg (75 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
CfSDCZrWwAAfXRa.jpg
75 KB, 600x630
>new computer
>windows 8
>>
If you can't google shit and find out yourself, then you deserve to be forced to 10

Now fuck off
>>
>WinKey + R
>services.msc
>Disable Windows Update service
>>
>>342015271

If you X the prompts it just thinks you accept, you have to say no. Stop the updates.

I would still upgrade to 10, I've been using it for a while it's good. Just use another doc manager.
>>
Download the latest Windows Update, it patches out the annoying Windows 10 update thing. I don't know how Windows 8 works for that, but basically just search "Windows Update" and allow it to download the 10 updates or whatever they are.
>>
>>342014617
Stop being a mongoloid and edit the update settings like you can on windows 8. There you won't ever have to go to 10.

>>342014917
10 is going to eventually rebranded as Windows and be a monthly fee as soon as 2025 rolls around to stop direct support with 7 and 8. They are boned into keeping service for XP indefinately until the multiple governments around the world decide they would like an update and it won't be something like 8 or 10. It will most likely be a refitted 7 built for banks.
Also DX12 is based around async, as long as nvidia makes better bank off abusing systems that don't rely on async and can continue to monopolize the market towards shitty coding, then dx12 will remain the underdog for several more years. As if it won't happen already also, given that all DX12 games are last second pushers. Everything worth a shit in it's weight will run DX11 for the next 5 years. Even UE3 is still being used to greater effect for fuck sake source and source 2 use dx11 and source 2 is ment for the next decade.
>>
>>342014617
install gentoo
>>
>>342016334
They've already discontinued support for XP though. Back in 2014.
>>
https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

Retard.
>>
>>342015613
>>342016334
This is OP

If the windows update thing is manual to "manual" instead of "automatic", do I still need to disable it?

this is my first computer in years senpai go easy on me I'm retarded
>>
http://www.ghacks.net/2014/05/24/get-security-updates-windows-xp-april-2019/
>>
google aegis voat
>>
>>342017469
>>342016719
>>
>>342017413
It won't auto install unless you check the option to allow it to. On win8 and 7 you can disable updates all together, or have them manually check and you download and install, automatically check and you download and install, auto check with download and manual install, auto check download and install.

>>342016719
Only for consumer end, business is still supported until US or any other country that uses XP affiliated government decides to tear up the contract. In fact a majority section of banks in the world still use some form of XP.
>>
>>342014917
I like the part in Windows10 where everything crashes and breaks and then I have to manually uninstall and drivers.
>>
>>342014617

KB3035583

don't install it. if you already did, then remove this shit.

problem solved.
>>
>>342017980
Every update 10 has a chance to break, totally let's take out the ability to control updates. It's not like Microsoft has ever fucked up their servers before, ya know like 1999, or 2001, or 2003, or 2006 or 2007 or 2009 or 2011. Nah couldn't possibly happen again nope. Oh wait you mean it did again in 2015, oh surely Windows 10 solved all those issues, what's that?? Nvidia didn't have day 1 drivers but AMD did? That's cray cray, so you're saying Nvidia has been fucking everyone this whole time and wasn't actually ready for win 10? Oh word? Windows 10 dev test the fuck is research?
Oh they used to have a bug test team?
Where are they now? Oh fired? Fired.
>>
>>342014617
jujst fucking make backups of the important stuff and install fresh win7...sigh...
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.