[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bill said in the E3 stream about the hitting the wall with your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: bombablewalls.png (33 KB, 770x667) Image search: [Google]
bombablewalls.png
33 KB, 770x667
Bill said in the E3 stream about the hitting the wall with your sword trick to detect a wall that can be bombed. I thought wait what, I never knew that and im sure I tried that before.

Then some people confirmed it in here that that was the old trick to check a wall.

I just tried it, twice in two different dungeons. Walls that can be bombed make no difference in sound to walls that can't be bombed when struck with a sword.

What is everyone talking about?
>>
LttP nigga
>>
Works in the GB and GBA games, also the 3d ones. No idea about lttp or the older ones though.
>>
>>342009126
OoT also did this. Does the sword even make an impact sound in the original when it strikes a wall?
>>
>>342009180
I'm pretty sure LttP was the first one to do it, and every other game after it as well.
>>
>>342009058
It works, and it also works in Link's awakening with a sharper sound difference.
>>
>>342009126

Why would you need it for LttP? Those walls have massive cracks on them that give it away quite easily.

I'm sure everyone was talking about NES zelda.
>>
doesn't is also work with arrows?
Also if you play the flute in a dungeon you can kill fox head enemies. This works in the first zelda, but few people know it also work on Link's awakening.
>>
>>342009309
Because in later areas of the game you could find entire walls of cracked segments and only one spot of it was bombable.
>>
>>342009309
Not sure about LttP but I remember in the Fire Dungeon in OoT there's certain walls that have no markings that can be knocked down with the hammer that you need to use this trick on
>>
>>342009452
Those are bunnehs
>>
Anyone know of a video where you can clearly hear this sound? I'm playing LoZ on an emulator atm and it's pissing me off. Hitting every wall then bombing it trying to see if I hear anything and so far nothing.
>>
Congrats, OP, you have dogshit ears. Or you're fucking retarded.
>>
>replaying Zelda 1
>all those walls and dodongos you have to bomb in level 5
>can't even find bombs
I'm so fucking bad at this.
>>
>>342010457
Just go around the Lost Woods area and kill dark moblins and octorocks. They drop bombs pretty frequently.
>>
>>342010703
Alright, will do.
>>
You can't hit walls in the original Zelda.

This was a staple introduced by ALttP,
>>
>>342010385
Nah my ears are good, and im probably smarter than you.

I seriously can't hear a thing. What sound does it even make?
>>
>>342011175
In games that have this feature normally banging your sword into a wall or walking into a wall while you're charging up the spin attack will make a *tink* sound
If it's bombable it will make a deeper *tonk* sound
>>
>>342011319

Yeah now you say that I remember it for Lttp, the tink tink tink sound on normal walls and the hollow on the bombable ones.

But LoZ NES, nothing.
>>
File: zelda-ii-i-am-error.png (4 KB, 512x238) Image search: [Google]
zelda-ii-i-am-error.png
4 KB, 512x238
>tfw no bombs
>>
>>342011597
It was first introduced in Lttp
>>
>>342012410

So nes zelda is literally just trial and error til you find walls?
>>
>>342013717
There was reason to it. Once you had the map you could generally work out that there were bombable walls between most rooms.
>>
>>342014416
Not counting the occasional blank unmapped rooms.
>>
>>342009452
>also work on Link's awakening.
Also works on Oracles.
>>
>>342014797
nah all rooms are mapped
>>
>>342010457
10TH ENEMY HAS THE BOMB.
>>
>>342015578
The final dungeon alone has three unmapped rooms in it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>342015578
Not in the last dungeon. The eyes of the skull actually have rooms.
>>
>>342016574
There's one in the upper-right corner, too.
>>
File: pols__medium.gif (4 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
pols__medium.gif
4 KB, 250x214
>>342009452
Are you talking about Pols Voice? Because you can one-shot them with an arrow in NES Zelda.
>>
>>342010457
Have more than 100 rupees for Dungeon 5. Hidden in it is a bomb upgrade: get it, and you'll be able to carry 12.

There is another in Dungeon 7, bringing your final total to 16.
>>
>>342016515
>>342016574
>>342016812

oh shit yeah i forgot about those
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.