[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"So, what's your innovative videogame idea, Anon?"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 970x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 970x450
"So, what's your innovative videogame idea, Anon?"
>>
A game where you look at the moon
>>
>>342008140
It's a cross between Bloodborne and System Shock.
>>
>>342008208
Make it a walking simulator and youre sold
>>
your capital does not permit you insight into this oppertunity
>>
File: kevin-6.jpg (47 KB, 742x556) Image search: [Google]
kevin-6.jpg
47 KB, 742x556
>>342008350
And what's stopping me from going to FROM and making the same game for half the cost? Nip labor is cheap. I'm out.
>>
File: 0000007626.600x338.jpg (44 KB, 541x338) Image search: [Google]
0000007626.600x338.jpg
44 KB, 541x338
It's a game...about nothing.
>>
>>342008572
Undertale already exists. Next?
>>
A VR game whose gimmick is to make the player nauseous on purpose...it's an art/walking sim with socially progressive themes and the same three backgrounds recycled. This is also my college dissertation.
>>
>>342008140
>"So, what's your innovative videogame idea, Anon?"
a game where you charge the player for every step they make
>>
>>342008416
Also give it some 2artsy5u story where the twist is that the moon is your dead wife or something.
>>
>>342008479
It would be more of the emphasis on the customizability of System Shock. From works on a less is more which wouldn't be suitable. A western Dev would be better as well since they would understand Net code.
>>
the epic of gilgamesh as a hack and slash game, only all the characters are little chinese girls
>>
pet petting zoo

Everyone loves petting animals, and now you can do it without having to feed them or having to worry about them shitting on your carpet. We will provide a VR experience with very realistic physics engine, so you can caress and play around with fuzzy and scaly animals all day long.

We will feature wild animals DLC with zebras and bears, farm DLC with goats, cows, chickens etc, space expansion with alien pets etc.

There will be a mobile version with time gated limitations and several microtransactions.
>>
I want to fuck Lori.
>>
A short VR demo where two players have to rendevous with a missing astronaut above mars, neither can detect the other, and can only communicate over voice chat with brief radio openings to convey the information.
Make a mistake and the astronaut is lost forever, or make a mistake in your approach and he smashes through the hull.
>>
>>342008140
It's an fps in WW1, but multiculture, and everyone has an automatic rifle
>>
Is that a fucking yank version of Dragon's Den? Do you guys ever come up with your own ideas for shows that aren't shit comedies or capeshit?
>>
Oh shit wrong conference room. I need to come up with something quick.

So it's a shooting game but you play as bat people who use echolocation. Players can only see sound as it echos around the environment. High pitched noises would be colored hot pink, low pitched would be colored deep purple. Loud sounds would be bright and quiet sounds would be dark. Players would have to make noise in order to know where they are, but that also gives their position away.
>>
>>342008140
An online rpg game about saving your world,near the end you realize your world is coming to an end but to dave it you need to destroy parralel worlds to your own.
These parallel worlds are other players' copies of the game and as soon as your console connects online it confirms how many other copies exist out there
From then on you must kill every other players' character this letting your world (copy of the game) to live while theirs is reset.
The final boss would be another player who is online at the time.
>>
>>342008572
Seinfeld: the game. Sold.
>>
Survival horror where you play as a guy living through a giant moister attack

I'm glad somebody is actually finally making a game about this but it's probably gonna be hammy as fuck instead of played seriously
>>
>>342008140
An RPG/hack n' slash with no leveling or grinding, instead the enemies get harder as they adapt to your behaviour (data from killed enemies is fed into the others, e.g. what weapon you were using, what your playstyle was, how long you took to kill an enemy), until eventually you reach a final boss that's a copy of you with your exact playstyle.

tl;dr the game encourages changing tactics/weapons/etc to confuse enemies rather than spamming one over and over.

>But what if I like playing with weapon x this way, and don't want to change?
Then you'll have to git really gud at it.
>>
>>342010460
Holy shit this
>>
Take amnesia

Except make the environments a lot darker and make tinderboxes way more scarce

Microphone mechanic

>mic is required to play the game
>monsters can hear your voice
>your voice becomes a part of the game, if you quietly talk in a big hallway, your voice echoes and reverberates through the hall for several seconds after you stop talking (and a monster at the other end of the big hallway could potentially hear the echo)
>if you're hiding in a wardrobe, a monster could hear your breathing if its right next to you searching for you
>>
File: no based kevin.gif (389 KB, 267x180) Image search: [Google]
no based kevin.gif
389 KB, 267x180
>>342008854
>>
>>342010841
I hate this fat twat

Regularly makes shit decisions on the show and gets called on his stupidity over and over

How he's rich and I'm not is a fucking crime.
>>
File: lor.jpg (75 KB, 1380x1035) Image search: [Google]
lor.jpg
75 KB, 1380x1035
>"Maybe I can invest in your game studio if you lick my feet"
>>
File: x06-this-is-a-stickup[1].jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
x06-this-is-a-stickup[1].jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
basically CoD but instead of soldiers you play as lolis, instead of guns you're just using imaginary guns with your fingers making cute sounds like "bang bang" "rattattattatta" "pshooooo", instead of bazookas you use a cardboard tube, when you get a killstreak you get to call in big bro and you ride on his back, when the girls get fatally damaged they just pretend to die and run back to the base.

You unlock a bajillion cosmetics, but the slutty ones are DLC only like bikinis and thongs, also featuring licensed outfits from your favorite animes with unique voice lines from professional seiyuu.
>>
>>342008140
Team shooter with all mechanics based around music and in a rave/disco like environment called panic at the disco.
>>
>>342010581
I've actually been thinking about this for a while and have got some designs down, I already made a prototype 2D game where enemies chase you around a labyrinth, but what I envisioned was a 3D game with combat and nice graphics. I'm currently fucking around in Unity trying some stuff out, and I hope to actually make this happen one day.
>>
>>342011138
>implying I would even have a problem doing that
>I'm not even into feet
>>
>>342011216
How come this isn't a thing yet?
>>
File: einhander-usa.jpg (121 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
einhander-usa.jpg
121 KB, 600x594
I'm here because I bought the rights to Einhander for $20,000 and am deeply committed to reviving the IP. I have plans for a PS4 (and PC) remaster of the original and am working with writers from around the world for ideas on the sequel... This is why I am here though... I have no idea how to do any of this stuff. I am $170,000 in debt from personally investing in this idea and have nothing to show for it. I am seeking $4,000,000 in exchange for 5% of my company to work together with one (or more) of the sharks to realize my dream and my vision. Mr. Wonderful, I'd be very willing to work in royalty deals with you of course ^-~
Well?
>>
File: doors%20quality2[1].jpg (33 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
doors%20quality2[1].jpg
33 KB, 350x300
An action game where you have the power to punch people and turn them into doors.

The harder you punch them the finer the quality of the door, you start with generic redneck doors, and eventually you're crafting marvelous renaissance worthy fucking master pieces with your fists and people's faces.
>>
>>342011216
I would play the shit out of this.
>>
An action-adventure RPG set in medieval fantasy world. Heavily character driven. It's visual design emphasises simplicity which means no WoW tier armour or messy textures.

Oh and get this. No weapons. The people of the world have learned that true strength comes from within. Combat is hand-to-hand and special moves include bodyslams and piledrivers.
Knights in plate performing a german suplex are not uncommon.
>>
>>342008140
Persistent 3D first person ss13 with properly tuned activities in a non-shit engine.
>>
>>342011758
If this is real, I'm interested. Whats your contact info?
>>
>>342011216
>Tactical nuke is just one loli picking up a loudspeaker and yelling DOKAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Killing anyone who winces at the loudness.

I'd buy the shit out of this. Half my steam friends get a copy, normalfags included.
>>
File: dataminingv.png (2 MB, 2192x2766) Image search: [Google]
dataminingv.png
2 MB, 2192x2766
>>342008140
WHY DOES THIS RIDE NEVER END?
>>
>>342012209
>4 millions for 5% of his company

anon you.... want to buy my shares? I'll give them to you for 1 million.
>>
>>342012209
I'm fucking around but it did come from the heart. I'd love to see Einhander come back. Even if as an arcade title doing a quick remaster.
>>
>>342012379
they'll never be able to steal the ideas , they can only make 2d retro pixel platformers or roguelikes with preset tools using shit like game salad or game maker.
>>
>>342012378
how about, throwing small stuffed animals as granades?

>"Faia in da houl!"
>>
>>342010625
>mom opens the door
>ANON DINNER'S READY
>>
>>342008140
Hard Mode: It can't be "a cross between X and Y" or "like Z but with [feature]"

I think those kinds of ideas just illustrate the fact that you can't think up a game concept on your own.
>>
>>342008140
A game where you chimp out during a riot.
>>
>>342008140
>>342015331
Even Harder Mode: Your "game idea" can't just be a plot concept such as "it's a game where there is an evil necromancer trying to take over the kingdom: the twist is, *you* play as the necromancer!"

This kind of "game idea" just shows that you haven't actually put any thought into what makes your game a game other than "it plays like [some hugely popular AAA action RPG]

With these guidelines in place, hopefully we can have an interesting thread with fewer posts and more good ideas.
>>
>>342008140
MM Dating simulator. Two worlds: fantasy realm and regular world. You gain power in the fantasy world by killing stuff and completing quests, and use that to increase your stats and learn skills. Those higher stats make you deceptively strong and allow you to sexually dominate a bunch of bigger muscled, bara guys.
>>
Sorry, but I don't wish to have investors meddle with my creative design.
I want to make what I want to make, and what I want to make is a game I think will be fun for me to play because chances are there are other people who might enjoy playing the game I wish to make.
>>
>>342010460
would buy
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.