[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was Titan? It seems like Blizzard gets triggered whenever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: google.com.png (9 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
google.com.png
9 KB, 298x169
What was Titan? It seems like Blizzard gets triggered whenever people ask and are very vague. Just saying everything that could have went wrong did.
>>
its a MMORPG in the OVerwatch universe
>>
>>342003193
Is it really? Haven't gotten it yet
>>
I don't think they ever actually announced what it was supposed to be, in the sense that it's hard to pin down whether it got scrapped wholesale, possibly became Overwatch, or what.

What I can tell you is that it was supposed to be an MMO that was the "final deployment" of all the money-grubbing tactics they'd been rolling out in WoW and Diablo 3. Basically, it was going to be a monthly-fee MMO with cash shop, real money auctions, and most likely those F2P-style "pay for tokens to do content".
>>
I just kind of assumed after the back fire of the d3 rmah and the slow death of sub based MMOs they just turned it into overwatch
>>
Hard to say. There was a lot of smoke about it much like anything unreleased. All we had to go on was that it was supposed to be an MMO and you could own houses and work a job. So basically nothing of value. Though I do believe that if Overqatch is the scraps of Titan it came out a year ahead of their planned drop date.
>>
>>342003069
sci fi mmofps

probably got cancelled because it was too similar to destiny and mmos are a dead genre
>>
>>342003846
Apparently it was a disjointed mess with people forming their own little groups in studio and caring more about their one project than the whole
>>
>>342003069

Gamespot(?) I think, did a 3 part series on Youtube where Blizzard frankly discussed what happened with the game and such.

It was essentially an MMO in the Overwatch universe. Characters like Tracer were assets directly pulled from the assets that were reused in OW.

Not a bad watch if you have the spare time.
>>
Canceled because they Blizz team got a wake up call realizing they were fucking hacks riding off old successes of their predecessors .
>>
>spend millions on developing a game with no actual vision outside of some vague shit
>execs finally realize it's going nowhere and cancel it
>have to release some game so everyone doesn't get fired

of course they get triggered when people bring it up, it was literally a colossal disaster

but they're making money now with overwatch so they're probably going to re-attempt WOW 2.0 soon
>>
File: 1463335334440.jpg (126 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1463335334440.jpg
126 KB, 333x500
Apparently it was just a giant disaster, it was so bad that Blizzard doesn't even want to talk about it.

They salvaged what they could from it and turned it into Overwatch. That's basically all we know about it.
>>
>>342003069
Literally place holder: The Title Name
>>
>>342003949
Heard this before, something along the lines where they had multiple stages worked on at the same time and by the end non of them worked with each other
>>
>>342004705
Yeah from the gamestop interview, or "documentary"
>>
After it was cancelled a dev leaked some info to Slowtaku.

From what I remember reading, it was a shooter/MMO where you worked a boring day job and killed monsters and shit at night.

Good riddance.

Some of the assets made it over to Overwatch but they're otherwise unrelated.
>>
They talk about it "in depth" in one of the pre launch Overwatch videos.

In a nutshell it was a MMO in the Overwatch world and OW was essentially the PVP portion of the game. In the end they state that "it just wasn't fun" as their excuse for cancelling it, who knows.
>>
>>342003069
One of developers said that they failed spectacular whit titan. We don't know much about it but art assets were put good use in overwatch but it wasn't overwatch universe 1=1.
>>
>>342003069
Project Titan started first as a Starcraft 2 MMO but was changed to something completely different and the assets made was used for StarCraft: Ghost.

After designing several characters and stuff they decided to keep the pvp aspect that turned out to be the only fun/working part of the new MMO and made Overwatch instead
>>
>>342005184
Starcraft MMO* not 2
>>
>>342003069
Titan was Rob Pardo's magnum opus.
It was going to be the best game ever made but only the fps part made it through to Overwatch.
If you think Overwatch and Titan have nothing in common you are delusional. They can't cancel Overwatch and then within 1 year have Overwatch ready for blizzcon in as polished a state as it was.
>>
>>342003069
It was a science fiction MMO revolving around time travel. It was scrapped and turned into Overwatch, hence why it's so multicultural and takes place in the future.
>>
>>342005184
I've heard that an SC MMO is still possibly happening, got no sauce on that tho.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.