[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone else played Battlefield Heroes? Imo it was one of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 20150415232509a0e2lcvy4q4e48kv.jpg (291 KB, 1024x718) Image search: [Google]
20150415232509a0e2lcvy4q4e48kv.jpg
291 KB, 1024x718
Someone else played Battlefield Heroes? Imo it was one of the best multiplayer games. Can't understand why it flopped so hard.
>>
>>341999814
Pay 2 Win but it had cool design.
>>
Their monetization scheme was too aggressive and literally pay2win. Pay-walled weapons offered better accuracy and clip sizes. I was in a competitive team prior to launch. Once the game went live and the pay2win became real, the competitive scene dropped it.

Basically, the game shipped with like 3 maps and then post launch the dev team was cut down to a skeleton team and a cosmetics division.
>>
Used to shit on people for hours every day back when it was fairly new.
Game was shallow, but it was fun to wreck people.
>>
It was fun at the very beginning before they started selling better weapons for money.

The fact that you had to grind for levels sucked but wasn't as bad.
>>
File: Battlefield_play4free_cover.jpg (104 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Battlefield_play4free_cover.jpg
104 KB, 500x281
Remember me?
>>
>>341999814
Oh, I remember the days before it became pay2win. Was a fucking fantastic experience.
>>
>>342001319
>Remember me?
No.
>>
>>342001319
yes
was garbage
it was literally Battlefield 3: Poor People Edition
>>
>>341999814
I absolutely loved it. It was extremely hard to play without paying.

IIRC you had to rent guns and cosmetics unless you payed.
>>
>>342001504
I always thought it was Bad Company 2: Poor People Edition becuase it had so much BC2 content in it
>>
>>342001504
It was battlefield 2, not 3
>>
>>341999814

Pay 2 Win bullshit, but I liked it so much I bought Teddy Eicke a gun and made him look like a nazi
>>
god damn running with Dual Knife Glitches was fun as fuck
>>
It was fun until it went mindlessly pay to win.
>>
>>342001504
>it was literally Battlefield 3: Poor People Edition
That's why I played it, it actually ran on my shitbox
>>
>>342001504
>>342001581

It's Battlefield 2 Poor People edition, the maps are straight from that which only magnifies how poor you'd have to be
>>
>>341999814
I remember being hyped for this around the time I got into wow, I thought it was going to be the best summer ever just playing those 2 games.
>>
File: need-for-speed-world-1.jpg (176 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
need-for-speed-world-1.jpg
176 KB, 1024x768
>>341999814
At least it got a better deal than pic related

>no development for almost 2 years
>get development
>get shut down
>>
>>341999814
>it was one of the best multiplayer games
> Can't understand why it flopped so hard.
Well the first problem is that your taste is shit
It wasn't very good really
Not to mention all the p2win bullshit
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.