[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bored. Are you bored? Why don't we do something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: Terraria.jpg (96 KB, 616x353) Image search: [Google]
Terraria.jpg
96 KB, 616x353
I'm bored.
Are you bored?
Why don't we do something fun together /v/.
Like making a permadeath Terraria PvP server in which we split off into teams and just play the game as per usual, except with the added benefit that IT'S FUCKING PERMADEATH + PVP.

>Warring over areas of significance
>Strategically invading the enemy teams base
>Swooping in and ambushing the enemy whilst they're fighting a boss

Think of the possibilities mother fuckers. We could make this shit happen.

Post here if you're interested. If we can get at least 8 people agreeing to play, this could be the most glorious idea ever devised.
>>
Until end game characters or people using cheat engine come in and literally destroy the entire map
Or some faggot like marialx comes in and summons endless bosses thinking he's an epic troll
>>
Sounds terrible TBQFH phamalam. What the hell are we supposed to do once we die? Just make new toons?

Nah, fuck that.
>>
>>341984932
This desu
Well it was fun while it lasted lads
>>
>>341984932
You're absolutely right anon, but maybe, just maybe, we'll get lucky and nobody will do that.

>>341984951
>What the hell are we supposed to do once we die?
Just don't die lmao.
No but seriously, the threat of permadeath will make it so that people won't just constantly throw themselves at each other due to their being no punishment for that sort of behavior.
>>
host the server then ill play
>>
>>341985392
i told my friend i wouldnt play with him unless we did perma-death mode, so I could die when I wanted to stop playing.

it took him 600 hours but he actually beat the game
>>
Sure I'll play

Normal mode right? Hardcore is just tedious.
>>
File: stan nope.gif (303 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
stan nope.gif
303 KB, 640x360
>>341984802
>permadeath
>>
>>341985639
>Like making a permadeath Terraria PvP server
>permadeath
>>
OP have you ever hosted a terraria server? or are u expecting someone else to implement your idea and run a server for you lmao
>>
/v/ stop being faggots for once, permadeath is fun. Haven't you ever played games like Haven & Hearth? It's exhilarating.

Terraria has been out for long enough that you can't all still be shit at the game.

I've played PvP servers without permadeath and they're shit. People just fling themselves at each other with wooden bows over and over again and it's god awful.
Knowing you're at risk of losing your character is what stops all of that shit and makes you play more carefully/strategically.
>>
>>341985743
Permadeath isn't hardcore.
>>
>>341986010
You mean "expert mode"
>>
>>341986010
Permadeath is hardcore though.
>>
>>341986109
Yeah, the thing that turns all the enemy's into damage sponges and makes the game a chore.

Perma-death is fine, I've beating Wall of Flesh on a single character.
>>
>>341985943
I have....although it was a while ago. It's not every day I can find enough people to give this shit a try.
My net definitely isn't the best for hosting, but I'd do it if nobody else had better net.

Not that we're going to get enough people to go through with this anyway.
>>
You know, I'm down for something interesting. If there is a host I'll play with y'all. Perma Death isn't so bad!

To the people complaining about permadeath, consider it as the moment you stop playing that server.
>>
Idea is nice, but server needs more rules in order to have a pleasant experience. But more rules = more means to enforce them. How do you enforce them if someone disobeys?
>>
>>341986897
That's the problem. You can't really. Not that I know of anyway.
What rules did you have in mind by the way?
>>
One team facerolls the other teams base - destroys everything. Starts camping new character spawn or encircles it with unbreakable blocks for new characters.

Sounds like fun. For 10 minutes or so.
>>
>>341984802
Sure, let me know when you've started the server so I can log in with my ebin hax and throw literally infinite dynamites while being immune to damage.
>>
>>341987070
Nothing yet, but there will have to be. For example, "item X is banned" if it will break the game.
>>
>>341987076
Add a 30-45 minute grace period in which people PvP is turned off.
After that, people will be less inclined to needlessly throw their character away.

The situation you described is what happens without permadeath usually.
The aim of this server is not just to mindlessly throw yourselves at the enemy. It's to play semi-normally but with the looming threat that there are other players who can kill you.

Naturally it probably won't turn out as smoothly as I described, but it still shouldn't be total shit.
>>
>perm death

no thanks
>>
OP's idea is shit but someone should put up a server, I'm bored.
>>
>>341987296
>banning items
may as well just get rid of pvp and permadeath too if you're going to carebear it up
>>
Somebody should probably make a discord so we can see how many people are on board with this.
>>
>>341987742
I would but I don't know how since I don't use discord very often.
>>
the only rule you need is no cheating.
someone always does gay shit though like give themselves a hoverboard or something while no one is watching.
we had this guy that would never participate in bosses with us and you would never see him and he was progressing stupidly fast, it was obvious he was cheating and the host just changed password on him if i remember correctly.
>>
>>341987476
Players will abuse game mechanics.

If one team loses its base for any reason. Be it a fair fight or just because some faggot waited for the night and organizes a raid - the teams will be unbalanced since one side will never be able to close that gap.

Same goes for destruction of biomes and progression. Jungle / Hallow / Corruption are easily cleared/destroyed. Same goes for farming all trees in the world or destroying the ocean and Dungeon.

Building with high end materials before the other team or a new player character can get tools to destroy it is another possibility.

Destroying the other teams base with infinite water/magma spawners above them.

And many more options of griefing/tactics that are cheap cheeses and not really fun to play against.
>>
Can I just get you guys to reply to this post saying "I'm in" to see how many people we've got so far that want in?

>>341988197
>If one team loses its base for any reason. Be it a fair fight or just because some faggot waited for the night and organizes a raid - the teams will be unbalanced since one side will never be able to close that gap.
Honestly, that's kind of the point. The losing team is of course, free to make another character if they lose one and attempt to catch back up, but they can also just treat their death as them losing and not bother rejoining.

>Same goes for destruction of biomes and progression. Jungle / Hallow / Corruption are easily cleared/destroyed. Same goes for farming all trees in the world or destroying the ocean and Dungeon.
If this thing even gets on its feet, I'd be surprised if we made it to hard mode. Surprised but very happy mind you.

>Building with high end materials before the other team or a new player character can get tools to destroy it is another possibility.
That's true, but that also is totally fair to be honest.

>Destroying the other teams base with infinite water/magma spawners above them.
Highly doubt we'll reach this point bro.

>>341988197
I agree with this. We could add a small time limit before people can PvP if that's what people want, but otherwise I don't really feel that rules are all that necessary. The cheating rule obviously being the exception but that's a pretty shit rule since if somebody wants to cheat, they're going to cheat and not give a shit.
Just gotta hope one of those faggots doesn't ruin the fun.
>>
>>341988809
I'm in
>>
>>341988809
>Just gotta hope one of those faggots doesn't ruin the fun.
wheredoyouthinkweare.png
>>
again

>perm death

no thanks

just make a normal server faggots
>>
>>341989036
Stranger things have happened :^)
>>
>>341989036
This, how am i supposed to have fun if i cant ruin other's?
>>
>>341989142
shut the fuck up mariel
>>
>>341988809
I'm in
>>
>>341988809
i'll do it
>>
>>341985196
>No but seriously, the threat of permadeath will make it so that people won't just constantly throw themselves at each other due to their being no punishment for that sort of behavior.
Just play on tediumcore.
Losing some high level or rare item is punishment enough.
Not only do you lose an item but you also buff the enemy team.
>>
Well. Looks like the dream is dead boys. Yet again
Nobody wants fun apparently.
>>
File: 1439162327415.jpg (91 KB, 488x516) Image search: [Google]
1439162327415.jpg
91 KB, 488x516
>>341990972
>fun

On a serious note, the idea was unfun to begin with.
>>
>>341990972
I'd want to do something like this. /v/ is not the place to organize this though, too many fags that don't play video games.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.