[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>oh,ohhhh,oooooohhhhh no, no, noooo!!! >oh, ohhh, crap!!!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12
File: maxresdefault.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>oh,ohhhh,oooooohhhhh no, no, noooo!!!
>oh, ohhh, crap!!!!
>oh, ohhhh, shiiit!!!

>cant reach you Sam
>wait, i will find something...here!
>oh, a box with wheels in the middle of the jungle! thanks Sam!

also, planes dont fly around or what? they discover a huge city that is not really hidden

gameplay was just ok, but story was shit
>>
also, just 1 single bridge didnt break during the game
>>
>Practically an army of mercenaries hot on their tail the entire game.

>Never once stop and think "Well Gee, how are we gonna get all this treasure back home without them catching and murdering us?"
>>
>>341982762
and how were they supossed to carry all the treasure back home? in their pockets?
>>
>>341982936
Lol this literally happened in the end of the game funnily enough.
>>
Why didn't Frodo just fly over Mordor lol
>>
>>341982762
>>341982936
https://youtu.be/YBCWWWPvT4Q?t=72
>>
File: averys ship.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
averys ship.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
>>341982936
they brought a boat with them, they could have carried back a shitload of gold in it. Not all of it but a lot. Sam was talking about stealing one of Shoreline's boats, and he does do it right before the end boss

Theres a cutscene where Nate talks about how crazy all this is, but then they find evidence of pirate ruins and Nate gets interested again
>>
File: woah nelly.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
woah nelly.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>341979836
>oh,ohhhh,oooooohhhhh no, no, noooo!!!
>oh, ohhh, crap!!!!
>oh, ohhhh, shiiit!!!
well what would you say in a situation like that?

Most of those "boost-you-up-there" and "help-me-lift-this" parts are used for managing memory and loading/unloading areas based on whats coming up next
>>
File: climbing.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
climbing.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
I actually liked the climbing sometimes. It was comfy
>>
File: 1447229119546.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1447229119546.gif
982 KB, 320x287
>it's a cliff breaks under Nate's weight episode
>>
>>341990230
'I guess it runs in the family XDDD'
>>
>>341988439
that climbing technique is fucking horrible
>>
My only complaint is the over-reliance on the box-with-wheel puzzles. It got old fast, and it was still old the next 10 times.
>>
>>341988439
>no endurance bar
>no timing needed
>no precision required
I just don't understand how pushing the stick forward is something. Gunplay is okay and fun, but those exploration sequences really are a nonsense. And there's a more lot of them in U4 than in any Uncharted.

The worse is still those press triangle to "boost me up". That's insane how they still dare to put this crap in a game.

ND should have stop the franchise right after the second episode, and go with somthing else.
>>
>>341990781
why?
he's using his feet when he can.
doesn't look that unbelievable to me. I've seen videos of real people climbing that are much faster and look more ridiculous than that (like that black dude who backflips up the wall as he climbs it)

>>341991398
the climbing is easy because it is part of the players movement set. It would be very frustrating and stupid to have all that shit you listed bogging down the climbing in the multiplayer or single player combat
>>
>>341986515
I like how he loses like 90% of the acceleration when he jumps.
>>
>>341979836
Bought this 'game' yesterday. Can confirm it's fucking terrible. I'm at Scotland now and I've never felt such profound buyer's remorse in my life.
>>
>>341993564
Agreed, I thoroughly regret not redboxing it instead.
>>
Been stuck at the elevator encounter for days on hard. I refuse to switch to normal. Fuck off I just want to explore comfy ruins, combat in these games is totally illogical. The stealth is nice but gunplay is ass.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 684x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 684x374
>>341979836
>OHHHHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOODDDDDDD
>>
>>341986515
>Naughty Dog in charge of physics
>>
>>341994138
it's too bad...
I enjoyed uncharted 2 and tlou a lot. dont know what went wrong, heard it was the same team.
>>
File: elevator map.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
elevator map.webm
3 MB, 600x336
>>341994249
that encounter is actually pretty fun. You just have to mow down the guys who flank you as soon as they appear. You can safely do the whole first part of the fight just hanging from the elevator. You can also drop off of it at any time and swing using the hook on the bottom of it.

I hated that map at first because I didn't understand it. It's actually pretty interesting because it seems to become easier the more aggressive you are. You should be climbing around all those rock pillars and swinging under the elevator a lot.
>>
File: Climbing%20Wall%203.jpg (884 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Climbing%20Wall%203.jpg
884 KB, 1920x1080
>>341988439
did Nolan North have to do all this stuff on a rock climbing wall for the mo-cap?
>>
>>341994249
wait for the ship graveyard on crushing mode, harder than dark souls
>>
ITT triggered PC*ucks
>>
File: ship graveyard crushing wave2.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ship graveyard crushing wave2.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>341998421
this. The first part is the hardest and everything depends on you finishing that part 'right', so that the second wave doesn't come out early and trap you. Then you have to kill those fucking kevlar gas mask guys before they reach you and wrestle you down

>>341994692
nothing went wrong. The core gameplay mechanics are just a polished version of what you had in U2, then expanded upon. Melee, nades, hip / blind-fire, cover-transitions and power weapons are still as effective as ever, just like U2

If you're complaining that it's too easy, you can change the difficulty to crushing even on the first playthrough, FYI. Just go into the game options in the pause menu
>>341993564
>>341994138
>>
>>341986515
jesus christ this is bad
>>
>>341986515
Whats up with his momentum
>>
File: U4 platformer fail.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
U4 platformer fail.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>341994492
the rocks that slide with him look pretty good

>>342001037
>>341992946
he loses his momentum when he jumps. Yeah it looks weird.

>>342000932
>>341986515
That's actually the most difficult platforming in the whole game, even with the slow jumps. You can't change the difficulty for the platforming sections, so most of the time they make them piss easy so that even people who suck at games can make it through. I myself died like 6 times the first time I tried to do that slide in the webm, and there are people out there who complain how they can't get past it at all on their easy-mode playthrough.
At least the climbing is usually easy on the eyes >>341988439
>>
>play through UC4 with my girlfriend
>finally finish it because as much as she loves video games she fucking sucks at them
>turn to each other afterwards and almost simultaneously say "Why did Nadine exist?"
Seriously, I don't give a damn about any SJW bullshit, but Nadine was a literally worthless character.

>sully and nadine shown to have a history, never mentioned again
>shows up to beat nate's ass a few times, never get a proper fight with her
>briefly questions rafe at the end
>points a gun at him, does nothing and then fucks off
I can't stop asking myself. Why DID Nadine exist?
>>
I DONT GET IT
THE TREASURE ISNT GONE
ITS IN THE FUCKING CAVE AT WHERE YOU FOUND IT
JUST COME BACK WITH SCUBA GEAR
THERE ISNT EVEN A SUPERNATURAL THREAT ON THE ISLAND LIKE THE FIRST 3 FUCKING GAMES
>>
Rank them:

2>4>1>3
>>
File: wave 3.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wave 3.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>341999816
a lot of the strategy in beating crushing revolves around obtaining power weapons and going full aggro on enemies with them
>>
lol y didnt cloud use a phenix tails on aerith lel shit story
>>
>>341993564

LOL if you're retarded enough to buy an Uncharted game at full price after 3 titles of the same. If you don't know by now they're the kind of game you wait until $10 or less for, I don't know if you're smart enough to be saved from making bad financial decisions.
>>
>>342003370
2 wasn't really supernatural, although the tree sap is debatable, still biologically 'explainable' though. 3 was just the pot and its contents reacting with the water, there were no djinn.
>>
>it's a platform game
>jumping and climbing is automatic
>no momentum required
>jumpin is scripted
>can't control direction on air
>impossible to lose during these sections

Tell me, what's the point?
>>
>>342004786
True but the point remains there isnt a single threat on the island, the treasure is just sitting there
>>
>>341986515
WHOAAAAAAA
>>
>>342003370
They could have tried to go back for it. The game never said that they didn't.

>>342003620
4 > 2 >> 3 >>> 1

>>342004853
it's not a platform game, it's a TPS with platformer elements

>can't control direction on air
why should you be able to? That's not how physics work
>>
File: druckmann likes violence.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
druckmann likes violence.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>342003094
Because Druckmann

he is a good writer and he usually shows restraint about putting his SJW beliefs into his games, but he occasionally he makes things a little too progressive, to the point where it makes you cringe. Nadine's whole character is a Mary Sue. She existed to be the secondary antagonist, but she was not a good one by any means. Definitely one of the worst characters in the series.

All the other main characters were beautifully written, though.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.