[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth $5-10?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 851x315
It's on sale on ps4 and seems at least marginally interesting, but I hear it has a lot of sjw bullshit that writes the characters as diverse before writing the character
>>
>>341966470
Get Shadow of Mordor instead. The GOTY version is like $10.
>>
>>341966525
Already beat it when it came out
>>
>>341966470

Nearly everything about the game from writing to gameplay to graphics are pretty shit but I wouldn't say 5-10 dollars for a game is a bad deal especially of this size even if I wouldn't buy it myself.

What do you really lose out of spending 10 dollars if you spend even 20 hours on it.
>>
>>341966470
>but I hear it has a lot of sjw bullshit

Stop listening to /v/. The game's writing is fine.
>>
It has some fun visual novel moments if you're into that Bioware schtick but the actual gameplay is quite tedious
>>
>>341966470

>But I hear

Dude it would take you like ten minutes of YouTube research to determine whether or not you want this game. Stop listening to sjw shit and just play games
>>
>>341966653

Please don't listen to a moron who says everything about a game is shit but still recommends playing it. It borders on mental retardation.
>>
If you can enjoy a single player WoW clone like Kingdoms of Amalur, go for it
>>
It's a mediocre game overall, the combat system breaks very early, half of the zones are textbook MMO design shit and the story is average. Still I think it's worth $10 as it has a few good parts.

As for the SJW shit you won't notice anything unless you try to romance characters, which has no benefit and is painful to do.
>>
>>341966685

>the game's writing is fine
>creates a stereotypical gay character with daddy issues
>>
>>341967002
Better or worse than arcade ganon?
>>
The combat system is the worse its ever been in the series (yes 2 is better)
The story is an ancient evil awakens
Quests are mmo tier
Characters are shit tier
>>
is it worse than 2?
>>
5 or 10 bucks? yah its worth it.

The game suffers from being a single player mmo in regards to quests and exploration , but if you enjoy the setting i think that its a steal for that amount.

The writing is fine, it has several cringe moments but meh, you just cringe a bit and keep moving on.
>>
>>341966827

>This lack of reading comprehension

I said I wouldn't play it but if he's interested in it then 10 dollars is not even the added cost of taking someone to lunch, and he might enjoy it.

You know what's actual mental retardation?

>However, most studies have found no evidence of impairment in autistic individuals' ability to understand other people's basic intentions or goals; instead, data suggests that impairments are found in understanding more complex social emotions or in considering others' viewpoints.[105]
>>
>>341967002

Dorian? That dude is awesome. Pick something else like Greasy McBaldNigger or Cunty Elf
>>
>>341967046

Arcade's personality and story doesn't revolve around his sexuality.
>>
>>341967106

I liked inquisition way better than i liked 2 , and im not one of those "DA 2 is the worstr game ever dur dur"
>>
File: 1444877972712.png (162 KB, 539x416) Image search: [Google]
1444877972712.png
162 KB, 539x416
I recently booted the game up again after a year, and sunk another 80 hours into it.

I don't know man, something about it just speaks to my autism. To each their own I guess, my own just happen to be shitty games.
>>
>>341966470
The games writing is cringe in places but 10 buckaroos is fine. I'd go as high as 30.

T.Someone who paid full price for this shit
>>
>>341966685
Go away David Gaider.
>>
>>341967192
Which is my point. Arcade is a great character because of that.
>>
>>341967276
Oh it's worth noting, the games worst moment comes early on. If you can get through it without cutting your own throat you'll be fine.

You'll know it when you see it, because EVERYOBE STARTS FUCKING SINGING
>>
>>341967182
>Says game is entirely shit but still says hey bro it's totally playable
>makes entire second post where he still doesn't understand where he went full retard

By all means, keep replying.
>>
$5 and not a penny more. Best to buy it now or used.
>>
>>341967473

>still doesn't understand that he is indicating the very definition of autism even after he has read it

By all means, keep proving me right.

Just a pro tip for hiding your sperg level: Normal people understand and accept that others might find reasons to enjoy something they don't themselves care for.
>>
>>341966470
DA2 is one of my most hated. I loved DA:O and have probably played through it at least five times. I decided to finally try Inquisition since it was on sale and thought it couldn't possibly be worse than fucking DA2.

Oh my god I was so fucking wrong. This is by far the worst game in the series and it is absolutely baffling people claim this was a return to form. Calling this an RPG is an insult to the term.

It's literally just a singleplayer MMO with no role playing to speak of, but it's not even a good MMO. The world is boring and empty, the combat has the depth of a puddle, each class has only around a dozen skills each, and the writing is still fucking bottom of the barrel.

I can't believe people defend this piece of trash. It is just the most baffling thing in the world to me.
>>
>>341966470
Never mind the SJW shit (it's blown out of proportion), the game is a technical mess. Don't buy it.
>>
>>341966470
make sure you played the previous games so you can carry over your decisions from those games.
>>
>>341966470
>Is this game worth $5-10?
No.
Is it worth if you get it for free? No....
>>
>>341967642
This
>>
>>341966470
If you decide to buy it:
- leave the starting area as soon as you can, it's one of the worst in the entire game
- don't bother with any fetch quest, you'll never need them for anything
- when you can choose, side with the mages
- unlock new zones whenever you can, the most interesting ones are the optional ones
- don't buy the DLC if it's not included, it's pretty bad
>>
>>341967397
>You'll know it when you see it, because EVERYOBE STARTS FUCKING SINGING
Wha???
>>
>>341968012
There is literally (not literally but you now what I mean fuck you)a musical number in the game and everyone starts singing, this is after a relatively dramatic moment
>>
File: rainbow-clip-art-rainbow3.png (42 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
rainbow-clip-art-rainbow3.png
42 KB, 600x336
>>341966932
I stopped playing these romance sims when Mass Effect 3 was released and the only cutscenes that were UNSKIPPABLE were the ones with the gay dude when he was telling you about his harsh gay upbringing or some shit. Never has something been so forced upon you. All your chat options in those cutscenes were superpositive towards the character unlike other character chat options.
That's the last game I picked up with the same type of gameplay. I don't mind gay characters, I mind being forced though.
>>
>>341966470
Yeah.
>>
>>341966470
no
>>
>>341966470

maybe
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.