[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
apologize
>>
>>341963070
YOU
>>
Is Aonuma the Miyamoto of open world games?
>>
Sorry aonuma-san
>>
>>341963070
no
>>
>>341963070
We really can climb them.
>>
File: Eiji-Aonuma-zelda-producer.jpg (26 KB, 679x419) Image search: [Google]
Eiji-Aonuma-zelda-producer.jpg
26 KB, 679x419
>>341963219
Okay now you, anon.
>>
File: 1363432487497 (2).jpg (70 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1363432487497 (2).jpg
70 KB, 600x400
Can someone PLEASE explain to me the hype behind this game? Is it just because Zelda? Because everything I've seen so far about this game looks mediocre.

It legitimately looks like a tech demo and reeks of open world sandboxing from 2011.

I just cannot for the life of me think of anything this game dose well or why it looks like something worth playing especially when it's obvious it is a complete departure from it's roots in linear based progression, proper level design and pacing. Gone is an adventure style cohesive and adaptable story that shapes the environment and path of the game, instead what we have now is literally the open world sandbox meme and Nintendofans are praising it to high heaven.

Try name one thing this game dose well let alone something that's never been done before. You can't.
>>
>>341965230
I'll rattle off what I think people are excited for. I have never played a Zelda game or owned a Nintendo console, but that being said

>takes a beloved franchise that has fallen far from its original vision and returns it to the main idea: adventuring in a mystical world
>massive open world that facilitates this feeling of exploration
>tons of TECHNOLOGY shown so far, like good enemy ai, dynamic weather system, day night cycle, really good and seamless physics, hot/cold -- all of which come together fluidly in combat
>combat looks like it's taken a leaf out of Dark Souls' book, a game that is known to have solid to excellent combat (depending on who you ask)
>open world does not look like it's empty: tons of enemies in camps that look like they could live there
>tons of items scattered in believable places that serve a purpose in the game, whether it be weapons for fighting, food for eating and cooking, armor and clothes for aesthetics, ore for crafting, flint and wood for making fire (light and warmth sources), etc
>confirmed 100+ mini dungeon shrines
>confirmed separate massive "classic" Zelda dungeons
>confirmed towns and NPCs not shown in the demo
>plot so far is mysterious and seems to be one of the more involved and dark plots (based on Ganon and how ruined everything is)
>motherfucking Calamity Ganon
>more weapon types than at least I've seen in Zelda games
>shieldboarding
>no handholding
>difficulty restored, enemies will casually blow you the fuck out if you're not careful
>the Great Plateau, which from the demo is fucking massive, is like 1/15th of the total map

I probably missed some things, but that's why I'm excited.

Yeah the graphics aren't the best, but I generally don't care about graphics so long as they aren't repulsive enough to take away from the experience. I just hope the NX version fixes the frame rate issues.
>>
>>341965230
>Hahaha! Look mom, I posted it again!
>>
>>341965370
>takes a beloved franchise that has fallen far from its original vision and returns it to the main idea: adventuring in a mystical world
>massive open world that facilitates this feeling of exploration

You could've just said ''big open world'', it means the same thing as the unnecessary arrangement of words and I already covered why open world is a meme and the fact that it shouldn't have departed from it's grasroots as a series in linear progression and level design, apparently thats gone for open world and this is a good thing.

>tons of tech
So it's a tech demo for a open world sandbox game that had already been achieved years ago? Is it a zelda game or a tech demo?

>>tons of TECHNOLOGY shown so far, like good enemy ai, dynamic weather system, day night cycle, really good and seamless physics, hot/cold -- all of which come together fluidly in combat
Literally vague buzzwords: the post. When you're not desperately reaching for anything to defend this game you're mentioning features that've been in games for years.

I basically stopped reading there because it's obvious this game is a tech demo that is bringing nothing to the table except outdated graphics while tarnishing what was once a great ip with proper game design.
>>
File: entire_worldmap_single_image.png (246 KB, 4096x1408) Image search: [Google]
entire_worldmap_single_image.png
246 KB, 4096x1408
>>341965230
>I just cannot for the life of me think of anything this game dose well or why it looks like something worth playing especially when it's obvious it is a complete departure from it's roots in linear based progression, proper level design and pacing

Here's your (you)
>>
>>341965230
Because they realized that you don't need something that's never been done before to make a good game.

>“We realised that having something on the GamePad and looking back and forth between the TV screen and the GamePad actually disrupts the gameplay, and the concentration that the game player may be experiencing,” Aonuma explained. “You have your car’s GPS system on your dash. If you had it down in your lap, you’re going to get into an accident!”
>>
>>341965717
>literally vague buzzwords: the post
>I explicitly stated several of the mechanics that I thought were impressive (read: improved upon from past games that have done them) that were shown in the demo
>>
>>341965717
>bringing nothing to the table except outdated graphics while tarnishing what was once a great ip with proper game design

Please see >>341965736

It feels like a re-imagining of Zelda 1 how you could tackle dungeons at your own pace. It made the world bigger, and added physics and climbing to eliminate any sort of barriers that could cause you to follow any sort of linearity
>>
File: downgrade.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2066) Image search: [Google]
downgrade.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2066
You first.
>>
>>341965230
It's an open world game that's actually built around exploration. Not story, not quests, not sandbox fuckery, but actual god damn exploration.
>>
>>341965717
>Literally
Trump 2016
Kill yourself m8
>>
>>341963070

Apologize because the guy who's been in charge for many of the games for 20 years finally figured out on of the most basic concepts of the series?
>>
>>341967194
MAGA
>>
File: dick.jpg (659 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
659 KB, 1800x1200
>>341965230
i've seen this post before but where?
>>
>>341966345
how did nintendo win e3 with a single game even downgraded

it's amazing
>>
>>341963070
no
>>
>>341965932
That doesnt make any sense, when you look at your gos you are going to glance at it for less than a second
>>
>>341966345
Why the fuck are you posting that saturated and over sharpened top image with a stretched jpg from a low quality stream.
>>
>>341971331
For the easy (you)'s.
>>
No. SS was probably the biggest letdown in the history of the franchise as far as Nintendo itself is concerned.
Aonuma fucked up and while he most likely deserves praise for what he does with BotW, that doesn't change what he has done before.

Koizumi > Aonuma
>>
>>341971331
That's called cherry picking.
>>
>>34197192
Its beyond that, its platantly lying,, top has filters applied to it to make it look like it was run through ENB.

That said the game does actually look alot like the 2014 preview, the colors are the same, the grass flows just like it. About the only thing we havent seen yet are those particular types of trees, and the npcs.
>>
>>341963070
At least they dont false advertise like other companys. Im fine with it since the gameplay looks fun , for what should they apologize?
>>
>>341963070

I'm sorry I doubted you Aonuma-san ;_;
>>
>>341965230
>>341965717
Even if a lot of it isn't new, it's refreshing and very interesting to see it applied to Zelda, which has never seen these things before but they make so much sense for it and we've wanted it for a long time, now we're finally getting it.
Especially since Zelda has been getting increasingly plagued by stale formula and linearity.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.