[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Next Link May Not Be a Girl, But He’s Androgynous by Design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: zelda-breath-of-the-wild-4.jpg (93 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
zelda-breath-of-the-wild-4.jpg
93 KB, 1100x619
>“Back during the Ocarina of Time days, I wanted Link to be gender neutral. I wanted the player to think ‘Maybe Link is a boy or a girl.’ If you saw Link as a guy, he’d have more of a feminine touch. Or vice versa, if you related to Link as a girl, it was with more of a masculine aspect. I really wanted the designer to encompass more of a gender-neutral figure. So I’ve always thought that for either female or male players, I wanted them to be able to relate to Link.”

>“During the development of Twilight Princess, I went a different route and created a version of Link that was more masculine. But after Twilight Princess I went back to the drawing board and decided Link should be a more gender-neutral character. Hence I created the version of Link that you see in Breath of the Wild. As far as gender goes, Link is definitely a male, but I wanted to create a character where anybody would be able to relate to the character.”

>“So that’s why I think the rumor went around that Link could be a female. Because maybe the users were able to relate in that way.”

http://time.com/4369537/female-link-zelda/
>>
>>341960014
Link being male is a non-issue.
>>
File: chrona.jpg (22 KB, 400x589) Image search: [Google]
chrona.jpg
22 KB, 400x589
>>341960014
this is quiet normal in japan (pic related), also is likely a work around to silence SJW
>>
Wish anouma would go to something TP styled one last time.
>>
Doesn't seem that androgynous to me, he has broad shoulders and he's stylized, that's why he lacks body hair I guess. Having body hair on Link would look weird.

>>341960484
I think I get why they're only making stylized Zelda games, Nintendo realizes they can't compete with realistic looking graphics that you have on other consoles, so stylized is the way to make it still look good despite being on outdated hardware.
>>
>link should be a female because it shouldn't matter which gender he is!
>he's a fucking male again? outrageous!
>>
When will femLinkfags autism finally kill them all?
>>
>>341960280
This.
>>
why is this discussion even a thing? seriously out of all possible characters in any franchise why should link be female?
>>
File: Doubt.png (725 KB, 1279x725) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
725 KB, 1279x725
>>341960471
>mfw you think Crona is a guy
>>
Pretty crazy how we live in a world where having a male character in your game is an outrage.
>>
>he's male but I made him a bit less butch than TP
Okay, and?
>>
Link was, is and always will be a male.

Nintendo is not going to sacrifice a 30 years old iconic character.
>>
>>341960014
Nobody gives a fuck, now move along.
>>
>>341960471
>>341962356

https://twitter.com/Atsushi_Ohkubo/status/552044562760220672
>>
>>341962220
>>341962376

Cultural marxism. Left wing fags need to criticize and impose their agenda on everything, if you don't bow down to our wishes you're racist, it's misoginy and so on. They want to conquer culture, and games, much like movies and books are part of it.
>>
>>341962356
He's got some lewd in the manga. Vol. 15/16
>>
File: 1466310874543.png (59 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
1466310874543.png
59 KB, 281x349
>>341963768
Fuck, the last one I got was like volume 14 a couple of years ago. Missed the best scene.
>>341962506
She has a feminine fisique, pink girlish hair, female voice and whines/spurges out constantly. It's a woman.
>>
>>341964626
Author words, not mine.
>>
>>341960014
>defending someone who deliberately propogated lies
How fucking awful of a person must you be?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.