[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/ 18/nintendo-of-americas-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 17
File: nintendo_nx.jpg (54 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_nx.jpg
54 KB, 1200x674
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/18/nintendo-of-americas-scott-moffitt-says-you-should-grab-a-wii-u-while-you-can/

>Nintendo of America’s executive vice-president of sales, Scott Moffitt, talked about the upcoming content for the Nintendo Wii U. Moffitt said that “there’s certainly plenty of content for existing Wii U owners, but there’s plenty of reasons for people who’ve never owned the console to grab one now while they last”. When he was asked how many Wii U consoles were left, Moffitt responded by saying that “we will be transitioning production to NX, so our message to fans is to grab a Wii U while you can, because they won’t be around forever”.

Is the NX not going to be backwards compatible with the Wii U? Or is this just a final marketing attempt at a small sales jump for the Wii U?
>>
Who cares, an emulator is on the way.
>>
Incoming price drop?
>>
File: 1435894547686.jpg (28 KB, 343x362) Image search: [Google]
1435894547686.jpg
28 KB, 343x362
J-JUST BUY IT ALREADY GOYIM
>>
>>341928645
>ive vice-president of sales, Scott Moffitt, talked about the upcoming content for the Nintendo Wii U. Moffitt said that “there’s certainly plenty of content for existing Wii U owners, but there’s plenty of reasons for people who’ve never owned the console to grab one now while they last”. When he was asked how many Wii U consoles were left, Moffitt responded by saying that “we will be transitioning production to NX, so our message to fans is to grab a Wii U while you can, because they won’t be around forever”.

No backwards compatibility CONFIRMED.
>>
>>341928645
>The NX is not replacing the Wii U.
Most of us knew it was bullshit, but this is still funny.
>>
Lol, what content is coming to Wii u that is worth picking one up for? Did I miss something at E3?
>>
Either this confirms that NX will not use a PowerPC instruction set and won't be doing native backwards compatibility or they are discontinuing the Wii U.
>>
>>341928796

Cool, can I play splatoon, Mariomaker, MK8 or Smash 4 online?
>>
File: 890695.jpg (11 KB, 309x300) Image search: [Google]
890695.jpg
11 KB, 309x300
do you really think they would say

>for the love of god, dont buy a wii u with nx around the corner. you can play those few decent wii u games on the nx as well
>>
>>341928645
I'll buy this thing when it's $200.

Also hope we get a WiiU emulator on Xbox One.
>>
>>341928645
why would they keep making the Wii U
>>
>>341929091

Ahahah this latefag thinks he will be able to play WiiU games on NX.

Not happening bro.
>>
>>341929091
This. Fucking underage fags
>>
>>341929021
Both probably. If they weren't releasing Zelda I would have assumed they attached a Wii U daughterboard type thing like the launch PS3 did but then again the launch PS3 was a disaster.
>>
>>341928645
I'd love to buy the NX... IF IT WAS FUCKING SHOWN TO ME AND I KNEW WHAT IT WAS
>>
>>341929091
Yes, because the Wii U was a miserable failure and sold as many consoles as the Dreamcast. It's sold less consoles than the Gamecube, which is really, really fucking bad. At this point Nintendo should just literally start full force on the NX and abandon the Wii U. They shot themselves with the fucking Wii U and so many people thought it was just an addon for the Wii.
>>
My guess is that it's not going to be backwards compatible, but they'll port a select few games like Smash and Splatoon for day one.
>>
>>341929271
It was leaked it would play WiiU games. This screams that there dropping support and won't make any games for WiiU anymore.
>>
>>341929571

> "leaked"

A "source: my ass" kinda leak?
>>
>>341929091
>>341929271
There is nothing logical about them continuing to pretend the Wii U is successful or a product they are going to continue to support. No one bought the fucking thing.
>>
>>341929571
>believing leaks
(You)
>>
The hell kind of idiot would purchase a Wii U now? That's utter insanity.
>>
>>341929723

> $200

> utter insanity

Still a better choice than buying a vita.
>>
Finally some NX discussion!
>>
>>341929808
200 dollars for... What? 5 games?
The good games are very pricey, so you're tacking on a lot more money.
>>
It feels like the WiiU has like no library. Was the WiiU lifecycle much shorter than previous generations, or did they just release a lot less first party titles due to an increase in development time?

It's a shame, I looked at my Nintendo games by home console the other day and it turns out the Wii was actually the console I invested most in, with Gamecube being second, then N64, and finally SNES. I really like the WiiU as a console, but it's so lacking in games.
>>
>>341929034
In like a year, yeah.
>>
>>341929907

I got like 3 or 4 free during the Club Nintendo promos.

The other games I've paid for have been worth it.
>>
>>341929981
I like the WiiU library that doesn't rely on the Game Pad. The Game Pad fucking killed the Wii U so fast.
>>
No PowerPC and too weak to emulate. Really sad.
>>
>>341930090

According to?

The Cemu devs have said they aren't even interested and it's a close-source project.

Have fun doing LAN-tunneling with like 20 other PCfats.
>>
>>341929808
The hell kind of idiot would purchase a Vita now? What kind of Faustian deal am I in where I am forced to pick one of two very dead devices?
>>
File: 1440475835807.png (158 KB, 256x302) Image search: [Google]
1440475835807.png
158 KB, 256x302
I'm not spending 300 on a dead console.
I might try to find a used one eventually, but still...
>>
>>341930132

In terms of touch screen gimmicks I agree, but as a second screen with touch navigation for menu navigation and shortcuts etc I think it's really good hardware, especially games that allow Off-TV play.

I honestly can't think of that many first party games they released that focused on those gimmicks, I feel like they went to using it as a controller pretty quick and just took advantage of the improved hardware.
>>
They aren't going to do a price drop, are they? They just stopped manufacturing them and are saying fuck you to people who don't want to spend 300 on it.

Because of the damn tablet controller, I'm just legitimately afraid for the long term prospects of the wii u. The charging cable is already starting to mess up after a year, it won't charge the gamepad unless I hold it in one position. If I ever spill water on it, I can kiss my collection goodbye unless there's some way to replace the controller
>>
File: nintendo censored43.jpg (87 KB, 620x564) Image search: [Google]
nintendo censored43.jpg
87 KB, 620x564
>buying trash console so you can plan censored shit games on it

i cant believe nintendrones are that stupid i cant believe
>>
Well, if you aren't interested in the NX, I'd say zelda is a pretty good final reason to pick up a wii u. That said, if someone isn't interested in a wii u by now, they definitely won't be.
>>
>>341928978
But its true. 100% true.
The NX is not replacing the WiiU, because the NX is an Android tablet, and Nintendo is backing out of the console business.
>>
>>341931228
getting one next month, bbi
>>
>>341928645
>Moffitt said that “there’s certainly plenty of content for existing Wii U owners
Like what? They didn't announce a single Wii U game at E3.
>>
>>341928859
i never understood why its a spike
>>
>>341930229

PC does what Nintendon't!
>>
Well the new Zelda doesn't use the WiiU touchscreen for anything in the E3 demo right? If the NX doesn't have the second screen there's a lot of WiiU games that straight up wouldn't be playable without getting a tweaked port.
>>
>>341931039
Imagine all the poor Japanese developers being told to remove the lewd for western audiencies.
>>
>>341931039

Nice english Ahmed.
>>
>Is the NX not going to be backwards compatible with the Wii U?

Wii U is still on the PowerPC architecture, the same as Gamecube & Wii, and if they want the NX to be a more powerful system then they'll need to finally move on to something more up to date as all the rumors have pointed towards.

So their options would be Software or Hardware BC both of which are expensive in different ways, costs which Nintendo will probably not want to incur.
>>
>including backwards compatibility for your worst console and it's shit tier mess of a controller

That would be the dumbest thing.
>>
>>341931645

Not to mention rumors strongly point towards NX not having a disc drive.
>>
>>341931645
The compute power of the Power architecture isn't the problem.
>>
>>341931897
I don't remember the majority of rumors saying the NX won't have a disc drive, only 1 or 2 and I'd be willing to bet they mad that shit up.

The large majority of games sales on consoles are on physical media and the majority of those are still at physical stores. It will be a long while yet before any console manufacture goes full digital.
>>
File: 1433101638981.png (339 KB, 522x297) Image search: [Google]
1433101638981.png
339 KB, 522x297
>Wii U tanked, especially all it's Wii-era related software like Wii Fit 2
>Miitomo came and went in an instant
>Nintendo changed it's logo color back to red/white

With the NX upcoming, you think Nintendo's gonna completely purge everything related to the Wii-branding now that it's completely skunked?
>>
File: 16 - 1.jpg (246 KB, 1200x836) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.jpg
246 KB, 1200x836
>>341928645
HOW WOULD YOU MARKET THE NX /V/?

Would you bring back the edgy nintendo from the late 90's early 2000's? Or something different?
>>
>>341931526
This was censored by the Treehouse, a localisation team hired by Nintendo of America.
>>
if it's PowerPC, they will be dead
>>
>>341932312

How about with a lot of games?
>>
File: nintendopatent.png (72 KB, 620x799) Image search: [Google]
nintendopatent.png
72 KB, 620x799
>>341932142
>I'd be willing to bet they made that shit up.
It's based on a patent Nintendo filed for a game console without a disc drive. It doesn't mean it is or isn't for NX, or the console version of NX if it's more than one thing, but the patent is real.
>>
>>341932142

The rumors are that the NX would have cartridges. I'm no expert on this shit, I don't follow rumors too much, but it was a VERY prominent rumor that trademarks were made by nintendo for a system that didn't have disc drives, or something like that.

All I know is that it sucks that the gamepad makes it even harder to preserve my wii u games into the far future, and not being able to transfer my games upwards makes buying any games on the eshop to be even more pointless. Nintendo doesn't even let fucking virutal console games have cross play
>>
I'm still reeling from Star Fox Zero.
I couldn't figure out the shitty fucking controls and when I finally got some grasp on them, the game was fucking boring.

I ended up just playing Star Fox 64 again.
>>
>>341929091
this

>>341929667
plenty of people did but /v/ is hyperbole or nothing
>>
>>341932634
Yeah, it's supposedly a mobile system that has a controller like the DS for cartridges and a main system to make the controller stronger, like a co-processor.
>>
>>341932652
>plenty of people did but /v/ is hyperbole or nothing

11 million consoles is fucking nothing. Literally as low as the Dreamcast.
>>
>>341932868

So I guess it was nothing when I fucked your mom 11 million times?
>>
>>341932142
Protip: Theres more than one way to put software in a device that isn't a disc.

I feel like that shouldn't have to be pointed out, and yet your post really was that stupid.
>>
>>341928930
Where does it way that?
>>
>>341929234
You will get both xbox1 and wiiu games on pc.

Other than a pc the only thing worth buying is a 3ds__________, but, it still isn't worth what they are charging for it.
>>
>>341932768
>it's supposedly a mobile system that has a controller like the DS for cartridges and a main system
Nobody knows what they're talking about when they try to explain the "hybrid" concept.

Some people think it's just a handheld with an HDMI out to the TV. Some people say that their are two separate systems, portable and console, but the portable can work like a Wii U Gamepad. Other people say there is some kind of "dock" that a handheld goes in.

Nobody actually knows because nothing about this system is leaking. As far as the dock goes, I'm not sure I buy it because that would mean Nintendo would pay for a Thunderbolt license or they are bringing back some kind of EXT port [and I don't even know if that would be feasible with modern stuff].
>>
>>341929667
It's PR speak you idiot, of course it's not logical. They're not going to make the Wii U look even more appealing while they haven't even revealed the NX yet.
>>
>>341932475
>Normies
>Caring about games...
>>
>>341931449
reference to coneheads
>>
>>341933113
Dude, it's 80 dollars for a 2ds these days.

Oh wait I forgot...
>/v/ buying games....
>>
>>341931526
They wouldn't if they had a problem with it
>>
>>341933593
>>341932475
>Nintendo
>having launch titles
literally never happened
>>
>>341928645
>"b-buy the w-wii u-u you guys"
>"please, i'm asking nicely|
>>
thats very gooooood. nobody needs backwards comp. anymore. nobody gives a shit about that. bwc only causes problems and systems having to take compromises with power.

nintendo can move on now and develop a system with industry leading chips instead of creating a frankenstein gpu like the one in the wii u. backwards compatibily is one of the main reasons wii u took a performance hit.
>>
>>341932502
>external harddrive slot
I called it, carts to avoid shipping with a harddrive.
>>
>>341935485
It's not going to have "industry leading chips".
>a frankenstein gpu like the one in the wii u
Wasn't it just an HD 4xxx something? I don't think they did all that much to it.
>>
>While you can
>Implying Nintendo isn't gonna release a WiiU Mini or some dumb shit
>>
>>341935615
>carts to avoid shipping with a hard drive
I guess. I can't see third parties paying the extra cost for carts.
>>
File: 1356215338661.png (1 MB, 1032x1006) Image search: [Google]
1356215338661.png
1 MB, 1032x1006
>Nintendo two months ago
>"News of Wii U production stopping are unfounded. Don't believe every rumor you read."

>Nintendo now
>"We're stopping production soon. Better pick up a Wii U unit now before it's too late!"

What a dishonest company.
>>
>>341928978
They have made it clear it's not replacing Wii U or 3DS. It's their third pillar.
>>
They haven't said when or where they plan to show the NX for the first time, right?

Nintendo is dumb to behave like this when nobody knows what the fuck NX even is.
>>
>>341936407
I think some Nintendo exec from Canada said they'll talk about it in the fall.
>>
>>341936407
They probably think its going to really woo people like Zelda. I highly doubt it but it seems like their reasoning.
>>
>>341929253
They're porting the few worthwhile title to NX. Mario Maker, Smash 4, Splatoon, and others.
>>
The reasl not shitposting explanation for those who care is that Nintendo in their last financial report said they expect to only sell 800.000 Wii Us this year, when the last 3 years they had sold 3 million-3.5 million.
That meant that already last year they had stopped manufacturing Wii Us, and they only intend to sell the remaining stock they have, and that they may run out of Wii Us this christmas or before.

Also, it probably means the NX wont be backwards compatible, it will get some Wii U ports, like the new Zelda, but you wont be able to play your wii u games on it.

The Wii U will be an expensive collector item, especially when the gamepads start to break.
>>
>>341928645
It probably won't, since they'll probably be using cards instead of BDs. You can be sure they'll port the most popular games though.
>>
>>341936795
This. The Wii U will be the next Saturn in terms of game price and given the current video game collector market even the console will cost a shitload if Nintendo makes a comback with the NX.
>>
>>341928930

Why put in backwards compatibility when you can resell the games on the eshop and force people to pay again for games they already own?
>>
>>341937431
If you're talking about Wii U games, I wonder if their new My Nintendo service will acknowledge games you've purchased physically and allow you to get some sort of digital license on them. I'm not sure how all that works, but I wouldn't want to pay for Super Mario Bros. again for the nth time.
>>
It's amazing how NX is still shrouded in mystery. With Revolution, they talked extensive on what they wanted to accomplish with it, and even showed off its gimmick (Wii remote) a year before its release.
>>
>>341930090
>>341928796
lol, he REALLY thinks this, huh?
>>
>>341938296
I'd imagine it's because they aren't all that confident in it.
>>
>>341931296
>says the autist
>>
>>341938413
Or maybe because they have a set time they want to reveal it since they're a professional company.

Just a wild, crazy, and BIZARRE guess.
>>
nay

where are my dreamcast blow out sales?
>>
>>341938413
After Wii U, and to a lesser extent 3DS, I don't blame them.
>>
>>341932274
Kimishima said that's the plan.
>>
>>341938504
Reggie giving the "red ocean" line in that interview should be all the indication you need about what it's going to be.
>>
>Pls buy Wii U
>The damn thing still costs 300€
No. I would buy it tomorrow for 150~, but 300 is a very high price for underpowered hardware, very limited library and a console that has been dead since Sm4s released
>>
>>341932312
>HOW WOULD YOU MARKET THE NX /V/?
I would need to have an idea of what it is first. It would involve showing off the games, I imagine.
>>
>>341928645
>>341928645
>We arent ceasing production of the Wii U anytime soon :^)
>Better grab em while they last kid

You have to he a literal retard to defend this company.
>>
>>341938734
They take that approach with nearly everything.
>>
>>341935714
Yes it will. It's going to use Polaris.
>>
>>341932274
Yes. Iwata made some really good decisions, and some horrible ones. He recovered the 3DS just fine, but the WiiU was a massive failure completely on him.

Nintendo will get away from the Wii brand. No more Wiimotes. The big question remains, where will Nintendo go? One of three ways to me

>Traditional, cheap console
>New console, some sort of gimmick, could be controller, could be console handheld hybrid
>Something related to smartphones

As long as they don't go the smartphone route, I'll probably still stick with them. I mean it's not a massive thing if they do, as I'm idort, but I really hope Nintendo stays making traditional real games, because they are about the only ones left really doing it.

Also on OP. They are literally just trying to sell off the remainder of the WiiUs. They'll probably do one more price drop around black friday. Probably bundle a game or something. And they'll hope they can make some money on what is left. The NX could be backwards compat, but it depends on what direction the system goes.
>>
File: NintendoNexus.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NintendoNexus.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
>>341939186
Stop setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
Why is everyone saying the NX probably won't be backwards compatible
>>
>>341932274
>E3 2017
>NX slowly rises in the center stage
>AMD FX-8350
>some okay tier 7000 series GPU
>doom is running with the vulkan API
>announce they did some bargaining for some other games
>metroid prime trilogy will come to xbone in exchange for combat evolved coming to NX
>will play gamecube games with virtual memory card
>will play wii and wii u games, must have the controllers from those systems though
>>
>>341929808
where do you buy a Wii U for $200? Every place still sells em for $300

>inb4 buy a stolen Wii U from craigslist
>>
>>341932274

Kimishima literally said that so yes.
>>
>>341939363
Whatever it is, it's going to have a new architecture from their previous systems, and it will likely use cartridges.
>>
>>341939363
If they don't use x86 in NX, they are going to lose a lot of third party support.
If they use x86, they lose native backwards compatibility and would have to turn to emulation which means many games won't play properly.
>>
>>341937431
>when you can resell the games on the eshop
...how exactly are you going to sell them on the eshop when there's no backwards compatibility?
>>
>>341939398
>AMD FX-8350
Not likely. Figure out what Nintendo can sell for $250 that uses <50W.
>>
File: 1463965617110.gif (807 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
1463965617110.gif
807 KB, 370x330
>people fronting like they won't buy an NX just for BotW and the new Mario game
>>
>>341939814
Re-mastered ports?
>>
>>341928796
A shitty emulator for an inaccurate experience
>>
I have a wii u but i'm not going to sell it just in case there's no BC or some shit.

Getting the NX because i have faith in kimishima to do a gamecube 2 kinda thing. Too bad the treehouse will fuck things up, so for the love of everything pls no region lock.
>>
>>341939927
Certainly possible, but it costs money to make those.
>>
>>341939829
For $300 and a weak GPU, they could probably get away with it
>>
I have little faith in Nintendo being able to make a console with decent specs.
>>
>>341929667
>No one bought the fucking thing.
I guess 12.8 million is nothing
>>
>>341940110
You shouldn't after Reggie alluding to NX being weak.
>>
>>341940094
>weak GPU
It's a game console. Just like with Wii U and PS4/Xbone, if you cut corners somewhere it's going to be on the CPU.
>>
>>341940224
HE only said it wasn't going to match Neo and Scorpio, which is obvious. It will probably be around current Xbone level, maybe a little weaker or stronger.

>>341940037
I feel you. Fans need to keep bitching when treehouse censored, because it's possible JP will catch wind, and choose to step in if they feel they are losing important loyal customers.
>>
>>341940286
An issue today that didn't exist back then was there's not much optimization. there still is, but nowhere near as much as back then; of course back then you couldn't afford NOT optimizing til you couldn't optimize any more.

I know the PS2 was the weakest of that generation, but wasn't the gamecube weaker in some areas?
>>
>>341940381
He made it obvious it wasn't going to be powerful by current gen standards. I doubt it's even be XBO level. It might not even be a fully stationary system.
>>
>>341940381
>It will probably be around current Xbone level, maybe a little weaker or stronger.
I would be okay with this, but I have a sinking feeling they're not even going to make something to even this fairly low standard.
>>
>>341940546
I know Gamecube's RAM situation wasn't that great because a pretty good chunk of it was so slow it couldn't really be used for much. PS2 also had a bunch of co-processors to help shoulder the load for it's main CPU.
>>
Reggie is just PR. He probably doesn't actually know how powerful the system is.
>>
>>341928645
>Is the NX not going to be backwards compatible with the Wii U?
Business-wise, backwards compatibility is actually pretty damn terrible.

It's been proven incredibly profitable to re-sell re-masters and re-releases of old games. And you can't do that if your platform is backwards compatible.

And Zelda Breath of the Wild being released for the Wii U and the NX respectively, pretty much confirms that the NX is not backwards compatible.
>>
>>341939898
>Buying an NX for a game Nintendo has already said will be the same on both systems.
>>
>>341940110

That's the crux of the issue isn't it? If NX drops bc there's no real guarantee it can really compete with or be better spec wise then ps4 and xbone.

If it isn't NX is basically useless to everyone since it will lack a "hook" other than Zelda Botw in 1080p 60fps. Which isn't enough because Zelda Botw is on Wii U also.
>>
>>341940043
just call it that and change one thing
>>
not totally related but what the fuck happened to Moffit? all i remember is him giving a super awkward E3 speech a couple years ago (the E3 with Nondescript Action Figure) and then disappearing forever
>>
This is my first Nintendo console I won't buy since I started with the SNES

Fuck neo-Nintendo and it's autistic fanbase
>>
File: gamecube.jpg (2 MB, 3238x2141) Image search: [Google]
gamecube.jpg
2 MB, 3238x2141
>>341941106
>And Zelda Breath of the Wild being released for the Wii U and the NX respectively, pretty much confirms that the NX is not backwards compatible.
Nope.
>>
>>341941106
>And Zelda Twilight Princess being released for the Gamecube and the Wii respectively, pretty much confirms that the Wii is not backwards compatible.
>>
>>341941106

> And Zelda Breath of the Wild being released for the Wii U and the NX respectively, pretty much confirms that the NX is not backwards compatible.

Bad logic anon, Twilight Princess did the same thing and Wii had bc support.

The best argument for no bc in NX is the architecture rumors that's going around.
>>
>get a cheap used wii u
>pirate every game
>pirate zelda when it releases
>sell the wii u
You win, Nintendo loses. It's the only logical thing to do.
>>
>>341941885
>>341941905
Twilight Princess was released on the Gamecube and the Wii.
The Wii can't actually run Gamecube games.
>>
>>341941885
>the biggest Zelda adventure of all time

wew
>>
>>341936014
Maybe it'll be like the Famicom Disk System and make it so you can overwrite disks for other games.
>>
>>341928645
work at target during the summer, gonna wait until it goes on sale and then get my 15 percent off besides that

fuck yeah super cheap motherfuckers
>>
>>341942065

Yeah, if you own that $99 version Wii.
>>
>>341942065
>The Wii can't actually run Gamecube games.
The Wii IS a Gamecube. It's just overclocked and has more RAM. It's natively backwards compatible.
>>
>>341942046
>Buy a fishe price tablet from Nintendo

I just gonna emulate it on my mustard race when it get mods that fix that shit blur
>>
File: Wii-gamecube-compatibility.jpg (1 MB, 2560x2460) Image search: [Google]
Wii-gamecube-compatibility.jpg
1 MB, 2560x2460
>>341942065
>The Wii can't actually run Gamecube games.
>>
>>341940621
He was talking about the pathetic midgen upgrades dumbass
>>
>>341942065
>Wii consoles with the original design are backward-compatible with all Nintendo GameCube software, Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards and controllers. Software compatibility is achieved by the slot-loading drive's ability to accept Nintendo GameCube Game Discs.

Cant tell if retarded or just bait.
>>
>>341941556
What?

Even if it's a 1:1 port with no enhancements it costs money.
>>
>>341942115
So you just keep overwriting games you already paid for? How would you re-install them unless you bought it digitally? And wouldn't it make more sense at that point to just put a lot of flash memory on board?
>>
>>341940175
It is nothing when a single game sells that much. It's behind Vita somehow
>>
>WiiU is as expensive as the xbone in my country
How about no
>>
>>341928645
The way they're handling the new Zelda shows they are being dickish about it, due to having a version for Wii U and NX, while claiming "no differences" between the two.

Means anons would be correct on previous statements like "Hyrule Warriors NX" and other titles with all the DLC included at base.

I can also see "Super Mario Maker: Slopes Edition" at this rate, with Nintendo going the route of Wii > Wii U and killing the former system's online by claiming they needed to update their online infrastructure to support a new feature vital to the NX. Just looking for excuses at this point to force people to jump ship to the NX.
>>
>>341942608
>in my country

It must suck to not be American
>>
I still feel like it's more than likely a 3DS replacement since its the older hardware. But the lack of games flowing into the Wii U says other wise. The third pillar talk is complete bullshit.

I've always liked the idea of the fusion console simply because it stops the split of Nintendo's development teams from having to work on two consoles and would mean a greater flow games while still having both a handheld and a home console.
>>
>>341942902
Nah. I prefer living in a first world country
>>
>>341942065
But it can
>>
>>341942905

At this point most have come to conclusion that the NX is a fusion system (something I figure nintendo would do several years ago).

Which is good because not only will nintendo be able to utilize their dev teams better, nintendo can finally slap game freak in the face and tell them to get good for once in their sorry lives.
>>
>>341939398
>metroid prime trilogy will come to xbone in exchange for combat evolved coming to NX
Mwahahahahahha
>>
>>341943283
America is literally the original first world country and is the country that grouped other countries into first, second, and third world countries.

Also, everything you're using at this very second is american technology.

oh the irony
>>
>>341943730
>America invented chairs
Faggot
>>
>>341943961
because that's exactly what i said

damn dude you got me
>>
>>341943730
The original designation of first/second/third world was meant to refer to those aligned with the United States, those aligned with the Soviet Union, and those who were non-aligned.

In the modern vernacular, third world means a deteriorating shithole full of subhumans -- which is exactly what the United States is. I live here so I would know.
>>
>>341931036
Nintendo won't drop the price but retailers will be selling the things for whatever they can get just to get rid of them

I wouldn't be surprised to find Wii Us for sale for like $150 the week before the NX launch.
>>
>>341943386
That would be a great day. Also MonHun on home console again makes me happy.
>>
>>341931432
>didn't announce a single Wii U game
>entire E3 presence was based around Zelda on Wii U
Hurr
>>
>>341944209
>shithole full of subhumans

>leader in nearly every single scientific field from physics to medicine to economics and so on.

>highest gdp per capita of any major country

>highest household income of any major country

>world leader in innovation and technological advancements.

>currently developing ways to colonize mars

>most power army on planet earth

>richest nation on planet earth

>the celebrity of the world.

oh. . .okay
>>
>>341944612
>highest household income of any major country
I'd like to see your definition of "major". I'd imagine it's carefully chosen on your part.
>most power army on planet earth
Seem to have an awful lot of trouble with goat herders in Iraq and Afghanistan for the most powerful army on the planet.
>>
File: 53f.jpg (7 KB, 196x250) Image search: [Google]
53f.jpg
7 KB, 196x250
NX will be an online services that you download off of steam or the play store.

Turns out we were the NX all along.
>>
File: 1405787495202.jpg (104 KB, 684x736) Image search: [Google]
1405787495202.jpg
104 KB, 684x736
>>341944907
I hope not.
>>
>>341944790

Not that anon but we know what the U.S. COULD do to said countries but obviously the fallout (both literally and figuratively) would be messy.

It would have saved everyone a whole lot of money and grief though...
>>
>>341936305
So was the DS to the Game Boy and Gamecube and that sure didn't last. NX will probably replace both Wii U and 3DS.
>>
>>341944790
The goat herders are a problem because military's hands are tied with bad rules of engagement and a shitty schizo administration that drone strikes terrorist's families one day and then supplies them with weapons the next.
>>
>>341944907
>-What are your thoughts on your next-generation console, NX?
It's something very new. The hardware, the software lineup, all of it is something I'd like to play for the first time myself.

I bet this time is not just a mere gimmick.
>>
>>341938412
>>341939953

Dumb newfag
>>
>>341945985
Oh, I'm talking to a Red State Randy. I could have sworn I was talking to some nigger.
>>
>people still think the NX isn't a home console
>>
>>341936795
>trying to trick me into buying a 2nd Wii U

No.
>>
>>341944534
Which is blatantly an NX game

You could see the downgrade on the Wii U
>>
He also said that new Wii U games were coming.

Stop being such fags.
>>
>tfw just installed homebrew on my pii u
Even though it has no gaems, i'm set for the new Zelda game.
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.