[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this shitheap get 500 replies whereas nobody talks about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 1200x628
Why does this shitheap get 500 replies whereas nobody talks about Paragon, an actual great game with actual graphics?
>>
Because nobody even heard of that game.
>>
File: 1464366439990.jpg (125 KB, 876x652) Image search: [Google]
1464366439990.jpg
125 KB, 876x652
Because Paragon is literally a 3rd person League made for consoles. The only thing that separates it is that god awful card pack loadout system.
>>
>>341908437
Cuz its f2p
>>
File: ayane chizuru laugh.gif (419 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
ayane chizuru laugh.gif
419 KB, 500x271
>yfw battleborn
>>
>>341908437
Actual graphics?
>>
>>341908437
I tried the beta weekend for Paragon, it takes like 60 minutes to play a single game.
>>
>>341908708
>>
>>341908708
Stop hating on Battleborn, you shitlord. You clearly don't understand the depth and meaning behind it.
>>
>>341908608
>god awful card pack loadout system

If it weren't for the cards, I would probably be playing that game every day.
>>
So, Wildstar and Battleborn both crashed and burned and were both created by progressive, BADASS studios.

Conicidence or fate?
>>
>>341908437
It is fun to gossip about those that fail.
>>
>>341909025
I'm actually curious as to why you like it. Explain?
>>
>>341909667
Because they are changing it regularly and trying to make a solid game out of it. As far as mobas go I actually find it enjoyable even if it does manage to feel a little slower paced, which I think is attributed mostly to the POV they decided to go with. The visuals are solid and the moment to moment decision making felt rewarding to me when I played.

All of that is for naught though when I feel like the person who paid for the most packs and got the ideal deck is at a major advantage. I wish it were a simple in-game item shop that had access to everything. I think its very easy to just choose a poor deck, and now you're in a drawn out loss.
>>
>>341910105
Well said. The decks are, in fact, putting gear behind a pay or play forever wall. But aside from all of that it's pretty good. Cross-play is nice as well. Steel for life.
>>
>>341910630

You can't buy cards and at best you can buy a timed boost for double rep acquisition. Having double the cards doesn't necessarily mean a better deck, especially since generics rule the game right now and the rare actives are situational shit.
>>
>>341911345
It's still randomized. I may never get those generics that I need to excel.

I understand that there are decks made to do best in early/mid/late but I have to make a call on the deck before I get into the match with each hero. I may have a great early game unexpectedly but not be set up to do anything about it. In a typical moba, part of the enjoyment for me is buying an item when I need it most, and changing what I have based on the situation. In my eyes the decks completely remove that, and you just build up whatever is next on your plan, regardless of what you might find ideal. Being locked into that set of items or cards is the biggest turn off for me.
>>
>>341911979

6 cards and 3 upgrades per is a total of 24 cards for a complete build. The deck limit is 40.

Potions and disposables notwithstanding, you have room to swap out like half your build in a game, and there's no penalty on refunds so you don't have to split hairs over gold count.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.