[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW DO I GET THIS STUPID FUCK TO LEAVE ME ALONE JESUS FUCKING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 18
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
HOW DO I GET THIS STUPID FUCK TO LEAVE ME ALONE JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I CANT EVEN MOVE TWO FUCKING FEET WITHOUT THIS SLOBBERING RETARD BACK IN THE FUCKING VICINITY

GOD FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>341903820
Now you know the alien is tethered to the player. It will pretty much be within a certain range of the player at all times.
>>
>>341904017

How in the world do I actually traverse the level when this fucking dick can hop down at any point right behind me.
>>
>>341903820
>>341904017

G I T

O

O

D
>>
>>341904242
Check your motion sensor, when its out check behind you every now and then as the motion sensor does not detect things behind you. Don't run anywhere as that attracts the alien immediately. Don't use your gun, use the flamethrower sparingly. Once you figure out the boundaries of the ai, the game becomes piss easy.
>>
>>341904547

Nigga, I don't think you understand. It literally keeps spawning in front of me so that I'm forced to either backtrack or hide somewhere for five minutes. It also completes its patrol super quickly so that I never really have time to progress before I'm again in its line of sight.

Then again, I'm playing the game on nightmare, so I guess this is what I signed up for. It's just really frustrating at the moment since I feel like it's almost physically impossible to move more than one room at a time without getting killed, and even that's a dicey proposition.
>>
>>341904794
I got up to the part where you eject the fucker into space without dying once on nightmare. Use noise makers. Git gud.
>>
>>341906194
>he actually uses items

You're casual as fuck, retard.
>>
>>341903820
You should have started the game on Hard or Nightmare with the Unpredictable Alien mod so that it isn't tethered to your position.

Stop hiding in lockers and vents and keep moving. The only way to win is to get past it and keep ahead of it.
>>
I beat it on the hardest setting with no kills. In the beginning I was playing it straight - thought the game was unbearably hard and long.

Then I learned to trick the system. Throw something that makes noise, sprint as far as you can before the Alien notices you, do a quick click of the flamethrower, and keep running in whatever direction you need to go before you can save.
>>
>>341903820
Simply don't be a pussy and the game is actually very easy. Later on you can literally run through levels and blast flamethrower.
>>
>>341904242
One way is to throw a pipe bomb, molotov, or use the flamethrower. Another is to only crouch when moving and when he drops immidiately find cover whether in a cabinate locker, or under a desk or under within a vent etc. If you do happen to hide in plain sight (under a table or in a corner) make sure its in a very dark place, light will help the alien spot you.
>>
>>341907030

I wish I didn't have to game the system to beat it on Nightmare, but I guess that's how it goes. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>341906456

Nice deflection, baby.

GET
GOOD
>>
>>341903820
>>341904242
Crouch walk. If you walk and change your speed at all, the Alien will be triggered and go after you. Crouch and stay crouched and you'll be fine.
>>
>>341907337
Only downside was that I could barely explore the game and basically read none of the chat logs / extra content.
>>
>>341903820
Keep the motion tracker off when he is nearby and keep moving, after a while he figures out where you are at no matter what you do. You can't wait for him to despawn so you need to map your movements between different hiding spots. Always have a hiding spot in mind.

Hide behind things instead of in lockers if you can. Especially boxes that you can circle around.

Items help of course but I usually don't use them. The hardest sections is the first main conflict room where you have to open the elevator, Medical center, and some area near the very end with a loop like structure. Oh, and one secret area that you will love once you get to it.

I beat it on Nightmare with no mods so it's possible.

>>341907648
Same, though I didn't really care about the story all that much.
>>
File: dallas vent scene.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
dallas vent scene.webm
2 MB, 800x600
- Never hide in lockers/cabinets except as a last resort.
- Every time a living thing enters the range of your motion detector, you'll hear a boop noise. This happens even when the motion detector isn't out. If you hear a fuzzy boop noise in an empty area (no droids), he comin'.
- The flamethrower/molotov illumination can be seen. If you're trying to hide while holding it, you're a lot more visible.
- Don't try to crouch-walk everywhere or play it overly safe. The alien isn't going to go away. You will need to take chances, and turn your back to interact with keypads or open doors.
- Motion Detector is fuckin' garbage. If you have a fleshy mass between your ears and a set of headphones, you can tell what is happening without needing it.

>>341907480
Is wrong. The alien works on a tether. It will always move to within X distance of you and continue roaming.

That's why it's better to make good distance gains by walking instead of crawling. Getting ahead of the alien and sprinting works too, but that'll just get you killed or have you miss objects/objectives if you don't know where you're going.

>>341907648
Did you not collect all the logs? What about the achievement?
>>
>>341908545
>Did you not collect all the logs? What about the achievement?
Nah, I didn't get anything. I was the gaming / exploiting the Alien A.I on the hardest setting.

I was sprinting between objectives while locking him out of his attack animation.
>>
>>341907648

Yeah, that's the disappointing part. I want to thoroughly explore the ship, but it doesn't seem like I can take my sweet time with the way the Alien works (it seems to hone in the longer you stay in a certain spot).
>>
I loved some parts of Nightmare mode, like the glitchy tracker and difficulty but removing the hud made no sense.

Removing the map made scene but I think it would have been neat if you could still check it at terminals, bit like the blueprints in Alien 3 SNES.
>>
>>341908545
>What about the achievement?
You are human filth
>>
>>341903820
just wait till you get to the medical bay.
It´s where I quit. A shame too, because I was really enjoying the game untill I got to that point.
>>
>>341907423
>telling others to get good
>literally reducing the game to short-circuiting the Alien with constant noisemakers

Fuck off, you lazy shit.
>>
>>341908545
>>341908721
Tethered to the player and hones in the longer the player stays in a spot? That's some shit.
>>
>>341908545
The logs can wait for an easy playthrough.

There is a speedrun strat where you repeatably crouch and strafe to silent run. I bound crouch to a side key on my mouse to do it easily. It doesn't really break the game, just lets you move a bit faster without being loud.

>>341909089
Smell, now ignore it.
>>
>>341908952

I'm at/around the Medical Bay right now. Have to get medical supplies for that injured person. Just watched Lungard's video about Patient Zero being infected by a chestburster. The level is a loop, I think, so the Xenomorph never leaves. Very annoying that I can't explore it at all, but have to basically find my 15-second opening and move on.
>>
>>341908952
Then you didn't go far and missed a fucking lot.

Such a shame as is not as hard as you faggots pretend it to be
>>
>>341909358
Yeah, I want to play it because I know it´s a good game. I just got frustrated with it.
>>
>>341909267
In my version of the Medical Bay there was a locker that the Alien would NEVER go into even if he was chasing me into it.

Thus I didn't have an issue with that stage. Did anyone else experience that?
>>
>>341909267
This is what rebuffs me from the game.
>>
>>341908258
>Elevator.
If you don't make noise, he'll go away.
>Medical
That's the first real meeting with the alien. It's also coincidentally where most people start popping off in the forums or just drop the game completely.
>Loop part plus reactor.
Bretty good.

>>341908721
Absolute rubbish.. You can take your time and pick up everything. I did that and I played on Nightmare first playthrough without a flashlight. I'd forgotten how to change the battery and forgot the flashlight existed not long after. Had to use the flamethrower for light, and all interactable things glowed orange anyway.

>>341908769
You can check the general layout of the area at power rerouting terminals.

>>341908903
In this case, the achievements indicate how much of the game was actually played. This Delta guy apparently skipped a huge portion of the content, and he even said he was just getting it done as quickly as possible. It's relevant to the conversation, calm your autism.
>>
File: Alienshivecover.jpg (55 KB, 400x611) Image search: [Google]
Alienshivecover.jpg
55 KB, 400x611
I absolutely love Alien Isolation. Played it 5 times on hard and 2 times on Nightmare. Playing it on hard again. Going for a no-saves-run in the long term. Just can't get warmed up for the DLC content at all, meh.

AKA
>>
>>341909665
>Absolute rubbish.. You can take your time and pick up everything

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Stop trying to gloss past the flaws of the game just because your boyfriend probably made it. It's not perfect, and the fact it almost discourages exploring during certain parts is one reason for that.

Take your own advice and calm your autism, you biased mong.
>>
>>341908721

You can when you launch the bioorganic dildo into space.
>>
>>341908973

>projecting this hard

Nobody said you had to abuse use of the items, just using them because they're literally an integral part of the gameplay.

Only lazy one is you, wanting free handouts from the game. Nigger.
>>
File: 188484 - Alien Xenomorph.jpg (2 MB, 2094x3043) Image search: [Google]
188484 - Alien Xenomorph.jpg
2 MB, 2094x3043
>>341909828
>AKA
Obviously, that was meant to be AMA. I'm tired.
>>
>>341910151

You're a casual. Don't get so upset that you can't play the game without handicaps.

>nigger

Nice one, Captain Sperg.
>>
File: [giggle] WHO.jpg (11 KB, 250x318) Image search: [Google]
[giggle] WHO.jpg
11 KB, 250x318
>>341910309
uh-oh
>>
>>341910309

>it's casual to use the items given to you in a game

Confirmed for retard. Kindly turn yourself into the nearest shelter, you filthy animal.
>>
>>341910586

Yes, that's literally the meaning of a handicap. Hush now, don't be so mad at your shortcomings.
>>
>>341910703

No, not it isn't. Of course I shouldn't be surprised a shitposting brat like you wouldn't know how game design works.
>>
File: stop talking.png (459 KB, 986x747) Image search: [Google]
stop talking.png
459 KB, 986x747
>>341909578
The alien won't follow you into receptionist areas beside Dr Kuhlman. If you think about what happens and the illusion the developers were trying to keep, it makes sense.

Not sure what locker you're talking about though.

>>341909846
>It's impossible to do this thing you did. Multiple times.
Okay.

It sounds like you completed half the game, got frustrated and quit. I've finished it 6+ times and the DLC's too. Something tells me i'm significantly more experienced regarding the possibilities and mechanics of the game.

The "items are for casuals" and "the game is literally impossible!!" shitposter are one and the same. Thank you for keeping an A:I thread going.
>>
>>341910874
>tells me I'm shitposting
>literally can't not speak in memes

o i am laffin

keep being caz
>>
>>341910309
>i-if y-you use your grenade In Call of Halo 7 or anything but the pistol you're playing it wrong!

This is how fucking retarded you sound
>>
>>341910894
Why do this game DLCs sound like they came out of a californian college?
>>
>>341910703
Resources aren't handicaps, retard. Stop redefining words and twisting semantics.

Might as well play with a hacked television remove cuz controllers or keyboards and mice are handicaps, rite?

Get rid of that monitor or TV screen you're playing on, it's a handicap. You HAVE to beat the game by sound alone or you're a casual PLEB.
>>
>>341911001
>I can't read

Not surprised.

There's a difference between effectively rendering the Alien moot by distracting it for overly long periods of time and using items with counterplay. The fact you're unable to make this distinction is sad, but par for the course on /v/.

>>341911132

Yeah, no. Nice try, though, fatty.
>>
>>341910995

You are indeed shitposting when you think being told to use items mean spam them like a retard. Only casual here is you if you're that incapable of using them strategically as intended.
>>
File: 1456040982726.gif (565 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
1456040982726.gif
565 KB, 246x205
>people showing off how good they are at this game instead of talking about why it's good.
>>
>>341911303
>use them strategically
>literally make the Alien not move for half an hour.

caz

>>341910894

Yeah, I doubt you took your sweet ass time in every moment of the game. Thus, your argument is false.

Go back to your seventh playthrough, faggot.
>>
How the fuck do you do the alien hive segment without dying? I played the game through my first playthrough on the hardest difficulty and holy fucking shit the amount of times I died there was ridiculous. Do easier difficulties cause less aliens to spawn?
>>
>>341911224

And guess what, tardino? You can effectively render the alien a non-issue for a time by using the items wisely.

Got some humans nearby? Throw the noisemaker near them and they'll provide a distraction. Your inability to think beyond "Grrr, this game is treating me like a baby!" is astounding.
>>
>>341911224
How do you know how the grenade in Call of Halo 7 works you mongoloid?
>>
>>341911481
>>literally make the Alien not move for half an hour.

And there's the shitposting again. Nothing in the game makes the alien go away for that long. Starting to sound like you didn't even play the game, kiddo.
>>
>>341911550
No, I dont think difficulty changes the amount of Xenos in that level. Try your best ¯\_(ăƒ„)_/¯
>>
>>341911563
>tardino

I can smell the stench of your cheese-encrusted neckbeard from here.

But yeah, keep being caz.

>>341911668

Sorry, I'm certainly not as decorated of an Isolationist as you, King Sperg.

>>341911625
>How do you know the world is round, heathen?

You excel at thinking of terrible counterpoints, I'll give you that much.
>>
File: jam.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jam.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
I bought this game on sale not expecting that much. It turned out to be one of my favorite games in a long time. The audio is exquisite, and my favorite thing is how thought out all the mechanics are. The game runs incredibly well too.

I think the moment that really endeared this game to me came pretty early. It was shortly after you get out of medical and are looking for some item. You come across a group of survivors who are scavenging for supplies and are wandering around with itchy trigger fingers. I figured I would sneak past them by using a noisemaker and crawl around behind them while they were distracted. Aiming carefully, I pick a nice bright spot in the middle for all of them to stare at, and launch, starting to sneak around. All of a sudden I hear a cacaphony coming through the vents, and the alien erupts out into the middle of the room and starts eviscerating the survivors. I'm trying to sneak across the room into a corner or vent while listening to the alien tear them limb from limb.

It blew me away, I thought the alien was scripted and had no idea that the mechanics could interact like that. It was a total "holy shit" moment and made me fall in love with this game.
>>
>>341911448
>guy complains about how hard the alien is
>give strats on how to overcome it
EVERY single thread has a group of people saying they gave up after the first real alien threat, medical. The problem is that people sit around waiting for the threat to despawn like in Amnesia when you are supposed to treat this like a survival game and be resourceful and aggressively move forward.
>>
>>341911801
Are you just gonna use memes and insults, or actually address arguments with your own arguments?
>>
>>341911916

Are you retarded? I've told you multiple times you're a casual for using items "strategically" (i.e. literally freezing up the Alien so it offers zero threat for an overlong period of time).
>>
>>341911850
During the return trip to the elevator at the beginning of the game I always chuck a noisemaker into the room (or just make some noise) and shut the door. It's really entertaining listening to the survivors get ripped apart.
>>
>>341911801

Keep on meming, sprout.
>>
>>341911881
Well yeah, I agree that is annoying. But does it have to devolve into the shit flinging fest that this thread has become? I just want to circle jerk about this excellent game.
>>
>>341911550

Patience and a flamethrower.
>>
>>341912194

Thank you for your blessing, sport.
>>
>>341911801
>comparing the factuality of the shape of the earth to a grenade in a video game that doesn't exist

THAT was your reply? How much hard liquor did your mom belt down during her term with you? Go on kid, write your reply, I'll wait.
>>
File: 1462066427896.jpg (42 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
1462066427896.jpg
42 KB, 432x288
>people liking this game
>literally my thoughts during the last part of the game
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQNrK6O9_qg
>mfw
>>
>>341912061
You're a casual if you find ways to cheat the system instead of letting it fuck you over?
>>
>>341912061

>literally freezing up the alien so it offers zero threat

Alright, you've just confirmed you've never played the game. None of the items "freeze" the alien, retard. They'll distract it, but never for more than maybe half a minute. And with the AI literally designed to "wise up" to overuse of the items, the concept of strategic use is far from "casualization" by any stretch of the word. Seriously, do yourself a favor and just quit while you have some dignity to maintain in this thread instead of just shouting memes and insults at people.
>>
>>341912205

I'm the guy giving people shit for using items. I'll be diplomatic if they can accept that the game is much more satisfying to play without items (i.e. a more realistic Alien experience, since it's obviously evolved to the point where your fifteenth noisemaker shouldn't freeze it again).

>>341912383
>actually being this fucking dumb

It's actually sad now. I'd love to elaborate on why you're an idiot, but I'm pretty sure it'd go over your head.

>>341912495

So you admit you're cheating the system, caz?
>>
>>341912205
The core of the game is running around avoiding the Alien, that's all there really is to talk about. I always ran past the Working Joes so I don't have much to talk about, the survivors all get killed by the alien.

The fight is just between two people. The thread is dead anyway.
>>
>>341912387
>person who made the video loves the game but realizes the game has some silly moments

i laugh at you life senpai-a-lam
>>
I bought this game a year ago on sale, still haven't touched it, should I watch the first movie before it?
>>
>>341912561
>dignity to maintain
>on an anonymous website

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also:
>implying it isn't effectively rendered a non-threat, i.e. "frozen"

Dam Son, you really don't like people pointing out flaws about the things you like.
>>
>>341912738
Not necessary but it's definitely more pleasurable to watch the movie first.
>>
>If you fuck around too long at the start the Alien can show up to rape you before the scripted first appearance
>>
>>341911550
Two aliens regardless. The facehuggers are all in scripted locations though. Flipping that last switch is fucking tense, I know. You're in a V like corridor with two aliens stomping around.

I didn't learn this until my 5th or so playthrough but you can kill facehuggers with the wrench by swinging when they're nearby. It'll go into a scripted animation where you (silently) squash it. Until I found that out, I was using the flamethrower and making Mr Alien come running.
>>
>>341912738

You should watch the movie for context, also because its one of the greatest movies of all time.
>>
>>341912572

You're acting like a fucking child who thinks using what the game literally gives you is a bad thing. By your own definitions, it's casual to fucking use potions in Zelda and pick up the heart containers.

For one, nobody once in this thread ever said "just toss a noisemaker" as the go-to answer like it'll work like cinch every time. The game literally deters you from abusing your resources, even the flamethrower won't do shit if you keep spraying the alien like you're fucking Dale Gribble in space.
>>
>>341912882
Yeah, i saw some guy fucking around while waiting for the tram. I thought that part was scripted but the alien came and fucked him up. Fucking Based.
>>
>>341912743

Because it literally isn't "frozen". People have run when using things like the noisemaker or smokebombs and have been fucked over because the alien became alerted to them. It doesn't lock up on the item until it's done. Hell, there's a webm of someone touching the alien while it's looking at a noisemaker and being killed.

You are fantastically retarded with your bullshit and hoop jumping.
>>
>>341912572
>gets called out for making a stuipid reply
>you're retarded but I won't explain why because I cant

He does it again! The only thing you have elaborated on lad is that the only thing you are capable of is shit posting and attempting awful ad hominem.
>>
>>341913046
>he uses potions

lol
>>
>>341912572
Personally I haven't played far enough yet to get to the alien. I don't cheat the system, but if it lets you do something cheap, is it really cheating the system or using a handicap, or is it just taking advantage of something the game let's you do, regardless of if it should let you or not?
>>
>>341912387
>Station has been in chaos for weeks, had acid pissing manbugs crawling through it and suffered at least one major explosion.
>"Gosh! Why isn't everything working perfectly, so I can complete the game in 5 minutes?"
>>
File: WAKE ME UP.jpg (32 KB, 605x146) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP.jpg
32 KB, 605x146
>Chapter 2
>Alien murdered bald guy
>Call transit car, hide behind a box watching out for the Alien
>Transit car comes, go inside and get the prompt to move onto the next area
>Music stops, assume Alien must not be scripted to appear as an enemy that early in the game so I look around the car for collectibles
>Hear noises, turn around
>Alien charging up my ass into the transit car
>Mash prompt for next level while screaming my ass off as the Alien bites my head off
>>
>>341912572
>>341913046
Will you two just shut the fuck up already and go play video games?

You keep calling each other children yet you two are the ones arguing over pointless shit in a VIDEO GAME.
>>
>>341913264
>>341913286

In a League game. I'll reply to you nerds later. Keep the thread alive.
>>
>>341913401

Videogames are for children, dipshit.
>>
>>341913359
>playing AI for the first time
>hiding at the same spot, behind the box near the uncoming train
>get into train
>press button
>alien drops from shaft just as the doors close
>timing was so perfect that I assumed it was scripted
>replays confirmed it wasn't scripted, but coincidentally

I swear, the Alien in this game is so great, you write your own little stories and plots about survivial, escape and horror as you play.
>>
>>341913440

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, junior.
>>
>>341913525
Then why does this board exist and enforce an 18+ rule?

Checkmate, Xenomorph.
>>
>>341913658

You forgot to sheath your katana.
>>
>>341913709

Because manchildren aren't forever young.

Counter-checkmate, dragon scum.
>>
>>341913852

>that comment
>even remotely fedora
>not the guy who literally just mentioned he's leaving to play LoL and calling others nerd

Thought you were leaving, bub?
>>
>>341913989

In the loading screen, bub. Thought it was hilarious how much edge he tried to apply to that comment, bub.
>>
>>341913580
>>341913359
>Alien starts climbing out of a vent.
>Panic and whip out my flamethrower to scare it back in.
>Works at first, but then it stops for a second and turns around.
>Panic even harder and spray flames everywhere.
>Get face rapped by the Ayy lmao.

Motherfucker I swear, how am I supposed to get out of this elevator if he keeps popping up as soon as I climb out?
>>
File: 1375111227849.jpg (52 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1375111227849.jpg
52 KB, 400x400
>>341913580
>Hide in lockers like a motherfucker
>Didn't know the Alien learns your hiding patterns nor did I know you could lean back and hold your breath
>Mfw the first time it ripped open the locker

I loved that it learned your hiding spots. Forced me to start hiding under desks and around boxes which was infinitely more stressful than hiding in the locker. The AI in this game is amazing.
>>
>>341910894
Wow, I didn't realize there was that much DLC for the game. Is any of it any good?
>>
>>341913864
>Because manchildren aren't forever young.

http://sonichu.com/cwcki
>>
>>341914092

>I'm leaving!
>still sticking around

Someone's quite autistic about that last word, hmm?
>>
>>341914371

Are you retarded? You realize League has a lot of downtime before the game, right? Especially if someone dodges.
>>
>>341914462

Nobody cares about your casual game, bub.
>>
>>341914192
Don't use the flamethrower too often. You'll desensitive the ayy lmao and then it won't be any use to you anymore when you really need it.
>>341914220
If you enjoy the AI of AI, try this:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/unpredictable-alien-mod
>>
>>341914553

Not looking for anyone's approval, bub.
>>
>>341914317
the only DLC's that I liked were the ones based on the first movie. The rest are just time based challenges.
>>
>>341914609

Sure sounded like it with your attempts to be a "totes elite gamar" by shitting on people for using items the game provides you with. Though I guess hypocrisy is to be expected of a literal manchild.
>>
>>341914865

Just rilin' people up, senpai. No need to get so booty bothered.
>>
Played this game. Got maybe halfway and stopped played. Atmosphere pretty good, but damn is the game boring. Sorry but I don't find hiding for 5 minutes and having the alien always blocking my path in every room I enter fun at all.
>>
>>341915020
It ain't supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be scary or at least tenseful. If you don't feel it, this game ain't for you, so I don't judge you for droping it. AI is about the experience, and if you're not having it, then it's probably a waste of time.
>>
>>341915020

Know what? You can go keep that opinion that I will in no way attempt to deter.
>>
>>341915020
Jesus Christ i cant tell how many times I've heard your argument. The game isn't objectively bad just because you're too scared to get out of the locker/desk/hiding spot. If you just think it's boring, then that's fine. That's your opinion.
>>
Played the fuck out of this on the Oculus Rift DK2. Does anybody know if there's a fix to get it to work on the CV1?
>>
>>341914317
You have two choices in DLC.

You have a single "arena" with 10-12 rooms/hallways and ~3 things you need to fondle and then an exit you need to reach. You're given a score based on how quickly you finish the level, and a score on how quickly you touched certain objects. Some objectives are optional and for score alone.

OR

You have two "arenas" with a bunch of different objectives in both and a safe area between. You go to the computer in the safe area and pick between an objective in either arena. Complete it and reach the safe spot. Repeat this ~8 times. Score is based on overall time taken, and if you want an actual competitive score, you need to do it without dying.

Basically there are no story oriented DLC's, it's just arcade mode RUSH RUSH RUSH // LEARN PATHS type stuff.

>>341914616
Oh right, I actually forgot about the movie DLC's.

>>>/wsg/1139497
>>>/wsg/1139510
>>
>>341915384

Why must he be scared? There are people who don't find scary games scary at all.
>>
>>341915445
No, A:I uses an ancient SDK and was never updated. You're stuck with VorpX to get it to work.
>>
>Come back to the room that was full of survivors earlier
>See this shit
>Thought the black guy went full dindu on everyone
>>
>>341909828
poor doggo :(
>>
>>341914220
Is it better to use shitty hiding spots early so you can use the better ones safely later on?
>>
File: You're becoming hysterical.jpg (54 KB, 465x627) Image search: [Google]
You're becoming hysterical.jpg
54 KB, 465x627
>>341915925

How? The game all but jumps to a cutscene of the Joes going Ash on everyone. Kind of hard to miss that and think something else happened.
>>
>>341914616
Don't forget the one's based on the first movie, Crew Expendable and Last Survivor, are very short and not necessary.

Last Survivor is you playing Ripley at the end of the film as she tries to escape the Alien. Crew Expendable is you rewritting history basically: it's the moment after the old mechanic has died and someone has to go into the vents to flush the Alien out. You can pick either Dallas, Parker or Ripley but either way you have to deal with Lambert whining in your ear as you go through the vents.
>>
>>341904794
>playing the game on nightmare

nightmare is a difficulty to replay the game
>>
>>341911850
This actually is "scripted," once you walk past a certain point the alien comes in and slaughters them all anyway.
>>
>>341916142
Maybe I was in a different room when they got jumped by the robo blue man group because I was confused as fuck when I got back.
>>
>he wasn't here when the game originally came out and the ayylien was treated as a loveable rival
>>
>>341915925
Oh my god that reminds me.

>Thought computer terminals stopped the game while you were in them
>Get stabbed through the back
>Thought I would be invulnerable and safe saving my progress
>Get stabbed though the back
>>
>>341914979
If you buy boots or any items, get any jungle buffs, or use your ult, you're a casual.
>>
>>341916119
The hiding spots in general just aren't great. They reduce vision way too much and holding your breath drops your health, so if the alien investigates you, you're guaranteed to lose at least half your health bar.
>>
>>341915473
Yeah, and that's fine. I just dislike when people try to present their extremely subjective experience as objective fact.
>>
>>341916398

But you hear it over the comms, even when the jackass marshal guy gets the mouthful of magazine.
>>
>>341916204
Did they get the original actors to reprise their roles for the voice acting?
>>
>>341915445
The guy who made the mod to get HL2 working on CV1 says he'll do A:I next.
>>
>>341916658

He didn't state it as a fact, though. Saying he found it boring isn't stating anything but opinion.
>>
This game is literally too scary. I got PTSD from the med labs mission and haven't touched it since.
>>
>>341916680
Everyone except for the guy who played Ash. Kane and Brett (had to look up their names) don't appear at all because they're already dead in both DLCs.
>>
>>341916817
Well then I'm fine with what he said then. The reason I was triggered was because other people with similar opinions were arrogant with their opinions.
>>
>>341916836
I was literally crouched in a fetal position shaking when trying to play this in the Rift. I'm going to give it another go when my CV1 arrives.
>>
>>341916663
>mouthful of magazine.
I thought he got strangled?

I can't remember looking at the body.
>>
>>341917004
Huh, that's pretty cool.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 500x324
>try to have a nice thread
>two faggots keep arguing about resource-usage mechanics in the game
Holy fuck you are both arguing about the stupidest shit
Yes, I'm phoneposting, deal with it.
>>
first you must break him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbuyo8pr7dY
>>
Played this game blind on Nightmare difficulty while streaming.

150 deaths to the end. One of the most fun gaming experiences I've ever had.

You guys think creative assembly will make another one? Or are they going back to RTSs?
>>
>That locked in S room near end of game on nightmare
The suffering
>>
>>341916630

nope winning 4 free
>>
>>341917794
Apparently A:I didn't sell as well as they'd hoped. The game was critically and fan-acclaimed but Sega wanted it to be astronomically huge. Like CoD levels.

Sequel isn't out of the question, but they didn't go to work on it immediately.
>>
>>341918350
>The game was critically and fan-acclaimed but Sega wanted it to be astronomically huge. Like CoD levels.

That's crazy. It sold pretty much as well as you possibly can for its genre.
>>
I seriously should prepare a schedule, i still didnt get to play this game.
>>
I honestly think A:I has the best atmosphere I've ever experience in a video game, or at least certainly in this decade. Anyone disagree?
>>
>>341918839
Nah, man. I loved near the end of the game all the lighting tricks they did to fuck with you. Like subtle shadows looking like the alien.
>>
>>341918839
Definitely the best atmosphere I've played with in a long time, especially the first half of the game where you have no idea what you are doing.
>>
>>341904017
Is this actually true? It seemed like one of those games where if you get far enough away the alien is just teleported nearer to you.
>>
File: alien isolation.webm (3 MB, 1280x540) Image search: [Google]
alien isolation.webm
3 MB, 1280x540
Scariest moment
>>
>>341919058
That does happen, it's just only used in extreme circumstances when the player sprints too far ahead.
>>
>>341918493
Far as I know shit like IGNs review and colonial marines turned off people that weren't die hard alien fans.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 600x411
>>341911801
Dude, you are the only person shitting up this dope thread.
GTFO please
>>
>>341911801
your a trash man with a trash plan, and i would like to kindly ask you to fuck off, your inability to comprehend anything astounds me
>>
>>341919821
>IGNs review

Why people still rely on these cunts for anything to do with games is beyond me.
>>
This thread has been hilarious OP thanks for being such a drooling retarded.
>>
File: 1376695756504.gif (802 KB, 275x206) Image search: [Google]
1376695756504.gif
802 KB, 275x206
>Tfw you get used to the Xenomorph but facehuggers will always make you feel sick
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.